IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 2

Coconut Flan

Totally.  I think it's crazy, too, but I also know that people will pay crazy prices for stupid shit, especially if it's a fellow churchgoer they're trying to support.  

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap--I had no idea that dipped strawberries were so expensive--a dozen from Godiva are $80!!! http://www.godiva.com/milk-and-dark-chocolate-dipped-strawberries-dozen/191242.html

17 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm well aware that NWA is not the sticks. Maybe I'm naive, but $89 for a dozen chocolate covered strawberries, a dozen chocolate covered grapes, a half dozen sugar cookies and an edible chocolate bowl sounds outrageous anywhere (except maybe somewhere the price of food is outrageous, like Nunavut). Maybe I just don't appreciate the fundie chocolate drizzle industry, but damn. I think the prices on Edible Arrangements are ridiculous, too, but at least they're professionally done.

I think you should have a custom status of "Not Appreciating the Fundie Chocolate Drizzle Industry" : )

Y'all.  Sierra can go to Aldi and buy two pins of strawberries and two packages of chocolate almond bark for ten bucks.  That is a serious profit margin.

I would trust that Godiva would turn out a standard product.  I would not trust Sierra one bit.  Even so that's an outrageous price at Godiva.

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Holy crap--I had no idea that dipped strawberries were so expensive--a dozen from Godiva are $80!!! http://www.godiva.com/milk-and-dark-chocolate-dipped-strawberries-dozen/191242.html

I think you should have a custom status of "Not Appreciating the Fundie Chocolate Drizzle Industry" : )

so does that mean I can bake cookies from a package and sell them to the dollar store ? 

off to the bank to see whether my mortgage has been approved - who wishes me luck :D 

maybe Sierra can lend me the money 

2 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Y'all.  Sierra can go to Aldi and buy two pins of strawberries and two packages of chocolate almond bark for ten bucks.  That is a serious profit margin.

She's going to need it with all the children she already has and plans to have more of!

I just hope she is more observant of hygiene than the Duggars. I have a nightmare of Josie coming over to help.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I just hope she is more observant of hygiene than the Duggars. I have a nightmare of Josie coming over to help.

in a few years,  J'Slave in training Josie will be over there, diapering & "educating" Sierra's brood, several of whom will always be walking around on the counter while Sierra dips strawberries.

2 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Unless she has a permit from the Arkansas Department of Health as a Retail Food Establishment or a Food Processing Plant, she is not allowed to sell food products on the Internet.

See #2 on page 3:

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/environmentalHealth/foodProtection/Documents/CottageFoodGuidelines.pdf

It is crazy to me that anyone would pay $80+ for chocolate dipped strawberries...they
're the easiest thing ever to make. All you do is buy some strawberries, buy some chocolate, melt it in the microwave and dip them in it. I've been making them for family gatherings since I was 8 (with proper hygiene too!). The cookies look pretty cool, and like a bit of artistry went into them, but the strawberries and grapes really aren't that hard to replicate yourself at home for $60 cheaper.

1 hour ago, DuggarWatch said:

Unless she has a permit from the Arkansas Department of Health as a Retail Food Establishment or a Food Processing Plant, she is not allowed to sell food products on the Internet.

See #2 on page 3:

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/environmentalHealth/foodProtection/Documents/CottageFoodGuidelines.pdf

someone email or call the health authorities stat

2 minutes ago, nst said:

someone email or call the health authorities stat

And let her know on her Instagram advertisement that what she is doing is illegal!

Let me see...how many Lindor can I buy with 89 $? *does the math* no way someone in his right mind would buy a handful of sweets of dubious origin for that price

Edible chocolate bowls aren't difficult or expensive. Blow up a balloon, dip, let it harden, Pop! Done.  I can make all that stuff for like $10

It looks nice, bur the prices are outrageous. A nice box of See's will do me nicely, or flowers from a roadside stand. I don't need much to know Mr. Wolf loves me.

The price of everything at Valentine's Day is offensive. Did your SO really bungle the Christmas holiday so badly that they need to spend $200+ on overpriced candy, flowers, and dinner at a packed restaurant so you can post it on your Facebook and try to one up your "friends"? I don't get it. Wait a week, do all that for 25-50% of the previous week's cost and then post "oops, totally forgot to share how great my SO is! SEE! He totally loves me and I'm not needlessly high maintenance or anything!"

Wow the cookies are five bucks a pop! And if folks "let her know" about their pecan or coconut allergies how does she keep their order allergan free? She's going to hurt someone. I hope their "business" is legal and insured.

7 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

The price of everything at Valentine's Day is offensive. Did your SO really bungle the Christmas holiday so badly that they need to spend $200+ on overpriced candy, flowers, and dinner at a packed restaurant so you can post it on your Facebook and try to one up your "friends"? I don't get it. Wait a week, do all that for 25-50% of the previous week's cost and then post "oops, totally forgot to share how great my SO is! SEE! He totally loves me and I'm not needlessly high maintenance or anything!"

the prices and the crowds are one of several reasons i don't do Valentines Day, and haven't since around 1991.  Mr. CatLady and i give each other gifts on random days for no reason ("here, honey, look what i got you while i was on my lunch break today!").  Mr. CL gets the added bonus of bragging to friends and coworkers on 2/13 that he doesn't have to buy something expensive at a crowded store, worry that i might not like it, then sit in a crowded restaurant because the calendar says so.  

I just read the ad to hubby....he about exploded and started almost yelling....."Tell me you did not order that"

I laughed and told him I did not and who it was, his face went blank and said "Who?"

So I checked the prices at my local candy store. They make their own candies using Belgian chocolate. I think they are better than Godiva and cost much less and they are family run. They have chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's, 4 to a box, approx a half pound for $10. In the picture they look like very large berries. Sierra's look kind of small.

Since when are chocolate covered grapes a thing? I like chocolate and grapes, but the thought of putting them together isn't even slightly appealing to me.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived