IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 2

Coconut Flan

I don't feel sorry for her because she's made these life choices.

I think she is constantly trying to convince herself that everything is peachy-keen. Good luck with that.

I see in the comments she said that they switched to "throw-away" dishes (likely a few years ago) and that made life easier.

Gross.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I don't feel sorry for her because she's made these life choices.

I think she is constantly trying to convince herself that everything is peachy-keen. Good luck with that.

I see in the comments she said that they switched to "throw-away" dishes (likely a few years ago) and that made life easier.

Gross.

So rather than limit the number of children she has and maybe just maybe give them additional attention she instead chose to go with paper plates to solve her problems? Wow. I can say I have been at the end of my rope but it would not occur to me that paper plates were such a life saver. She has made her choices and needs to deal with them. If it is too much, and I will be honest it would be for me, she needs to back off the baby making and get herself pulled together.

Can we send the fundies and their wasteful landfill-filling ways to their own planet? I don't want them destroying Earth any faster.

On 2/12/2016 at 10:33 AM, nst said:

Hey Sierra 

There is is new thing I have heard 

IT"S Called Birth control 

try it :D

am I being passive aggressive like her 

Please tell me you don't say this to a woman who's toddler is having a meltdown in Target (I've witnessed that before).

Sierra is just as big a famewhore as the Duggars. She will push herself into anything she can if it means she ends up on camera somewhere. I think the reason the Duggars use her for weddings or  showers is because she either does it to be on tv or for whatever the production company pays her and they don't have to shell out any money. She's one of the hungriest people I've ever seen.

On 2/3/2016 at 0:34 PM, jacduggar said:

I give anyone credit who actually puts themselves out there and tries to earn a living, no matter how ridiculous or Pinterest-y it may be. I think it's shallow and rude to tear people down for at least trying to have it all. The United States is a terrible place to try to have a career and a family simultaneously and some women aren't ready to give up one for the other, even though they may have to. Have you seen the cost of childcare lately? 

I think you missed my point, or I didn't make it very clear.

I am pinterest lover myself.  I am addicted to Crochet, so I am a frequent flyer on Pinterest for ideas and patterns, etc.  I am not condemning people who use pinterest, or women who want to work from home.  MY point is that the Michelle Duggars and Sierra's of the world,  hold themselves up as better moms for being a SAHM.  Their cult argues that a good mother wouldn't work outside of the home, but yet,  They are also working.  It isn't like they are staying home just for the kids.  MIchelle has traveled the country and left her kids behind multiple times.  She pawns her children off on their older siblings all the while holding herself up as mother of the year.  Sierra is photographed away from her kids numerous times as she plans parties, or does her strawberry business. 

SO I find it disingenuous for them claim that they are SAHMs  and are parenting better than others because the truth is they are also working moms. 

Why not just admit that Michelle is a working mom.  Her job is less traditional than others but she is a working mom, with her books, her appearances, her robocalls, etc.  Sierra is a working mom in her role as party planner to the fundies and her Chocolate business.  There is nothing wrong with being a working mom, but instead of tearing down the mom who leaves the house to work a shift at a local restaurant, hospital, school, bank, etc,  why not demonstrate tolerance for the challenges that we all face raising kids, making ends meet, running the home, etc. 

Again, it comes down to Hypocrisy to me.  As long as you are mom as they define motherhood, you are a good godly woman, but heaven forbid if you have to work the night shift, at the local hospital in order to get health insurance for your family. 

SAHM moms and work outside the home moms need to all come together and support each other, and not feel superior or make claims that one way is the best.  Michelle is a living lesson in that when you consider what has happened with josh and the household of kids old enough to work who are still dependent on daddy.

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

she loves to post anything that shows how close she is with the Duggar's doesn't she? 

She's all about the name dropping ;)

Funny how this all started when she just happened to run into them at Walmart one day.

5 minutes ago, KylieJenner said:

She's all about the name dropping ;)

Funny how this all started when she just happened to run into them at Walmart one day.

Seriously? Was that before or after she started her qui ver? 

10 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Seriously? Was that before or after she started her qui ver? 

I think she may have already had a kid or two, but it was in her pants wearing days. Her and Mark met the Duggars at Walmart and then started going to their church and the rest is history. Or I think the story went something like that..

1 hour ago, ljohnson2006 said:

Sierra.. Get out of the Duggar cult.

Sierra made a lot of money appearing on the Duggar reality show.  She's not going anywhere. :my_confused:

15 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Please tell me you don't say this to a woman who's toddler is having a meltdown in Target (I've witnessed that before).

When I was pregnant, my favourite shirt said "BIRTH CONTROL IS FOR WIMPS"

Is it really that fucking hard for these people to use a dishwasher?  Throw the dishes in, put some soap in it and - boom - you're done.  Are paper plates really necessary here? 

5 minutes ago, Hera said:

Is it really that fucking hard for these people to use a dishwasher?  Throw the dishes in, put some soap in it and - boom - you're done.  Are paper plates really necessary here?

Not defending the fundies who do this, but it's probably not just the washing of dishes, regardless of what they say. It's getting the dishes washed, putting them away (properly), and if there's a lot of dishes, you have to do multiple loads. Which is annoying, yeah, but doing lots of dishes on a regular basis is part of what you signed up for when you decided to have a big family, imho.

4 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Not defending the fundies who do this, but it's probably not just the washing of dishes, regardless of what they say. It's getting the dishes washed, putting them away (properly), and if there's a lot of dishes, you have to do multiple loads. Which is annoying, yeah, but doing lots of dishes on a regular basis is part of what you signed up for when you decided to have a big family, imho.

Also, if your children are capable of holding objects and following directions, they can put away plates, bowls and cups (maybe wait until their fine motor skills and judgment have cooked a little more before letting them do cutlery). I don't advocate Duggar-style J'slavery, but if your kid can do chores, take advantage of that shit. My parents said the saddest thing about me moving away from home was that they had to start doing the dishes and putting them away themselves. And conversely, the best thing about living away from home is only having to wash and put away one person's worth of dishes.

37 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Also, if your children are capable of holding objects and following directions, they can put away plates, bowls and cups (maybe wait until their fine motor skills and judgment have cooked a little more before letting them do cutlery). I don't advocate Duggar-style J'slavery, but if your kid can do chores, take advantage of that shit. My parents said the saddest thing about me moving away from home was that they had to start doing the dishes and putting them away themselves. And conversely, the best thing about living away from home is only having to wash and put away one person's worth of dishes.

Plus, it doesn't take hours to unload a dishwasher. I mean really. I just can not justify all these large families using all these paper plates and cups. Even if you have to run it daily due to your family size, it might be a 15 minute chore to unload it. Plus, Sierra's boys are far old enough to give her some help. I just can't get passed "I am stressed so I now use paper plates".

With my username being Paperplate and all, I'll chip in here:

Disposable dishes and cutlery are for emergencies and huge parties or picnics – not for every day use. So wasteful! It's like drying yourself off with paper towels after every shower.

Unloading the dishwasher takes around 5 minutes. It can be done. The real work is scrubbing the pots and pans.

I'm not a fan of Sierra's writing. In both her blog posts and Instagram posts, she uses overly dramatic writing to describe things that could be said in one or two sentences. I feel like this is part of her personality and because she's trying to reassure herself while juggling all those kids. Like her Instagram post with her kids and how Joy (why is joy capitalized in her posts?!) turns them into priceless treasures. I worry that if she keeps having kids non-stop, she's going to have a Michelle-like breakdown or even worse, an Andrea Yates situation.

10 minutes ago, season of life said:

I'm not a fan of Sierra's writing. In both her blog posts and Instagram posts, she uses overly dramatic writing to describe things that could be said in one or two sentences. I feel like this is part of her personality and because she's trying to reassure herself while juggling all those kids. Like her Instagram post with her kids and how Joy (why is joy capitalized in her posts?!) turns them into priceless treasures. I worry that if she keeps having kids non-stop, she's going to have a Michelle-like breakdown or even worse, an Andrea Yates situation.

Oh ffs!  Talk about over-dramatic writing!  Andrea Yates was mentally ill, had postpartum psychosis, was emotionally and verbally abused by her husband and taken off her meds by her rotten husband so he could get his quiverful.  

No doubt Sierra is stressed, exhausted and feels down about the responsibilites she's taken on.  She's dealing with it by acknowledging it, finding ways to help herself deal in a positive way, and being honest.  Let's not go overboard.

11 minutes ago, violynn said:

Oh ffs!  Talk about over-dramatic writing!  Andrea Yates was mentally ill, had postpartum psychosis, was emotionally and verbally abused by her husband and taken off her meds by her rotten husband so he could get his quiverful.  

No doubt Sierra is stressed, exhausted and feels down about the responsibilites she's taken on.  She's dealing with it by acknowledging it, finding ways to help herself deal in a positive way, and being honest.  Let's not go overboard.

I know nothing about postpartum stuff - but I do know Andrea Yates and Sierra are two totally different people. 

I think Sierra is trying to uphold herself for her little army - and it's getting the best of her because she can't seem to live up to the Duggars of the world.  Yet the Duggars can't even live up to their little world.

As for Andrea Yates the woman is in jail and her husband is remarried and procreating with someone else

1 hour ago, nst said:

I know nothing about postpartum stuff - but I do know Andrea Yates and Sierra are two totally different people. 

I think Sierra is trying to uphold herself for her little army - and it's getting the best of her because she can't seem to live up to the Duggars of the world.  Yet the Duggars can't even live up to their little world.

As for Andrea Yates the woman is in jail and her husband is remarried and procreating with someone else

Eventually she was found not guilty by reason of insanity and she is confined to a mental hospital.  But yes, they are two different women under wildly different circumstances.

2 hours ago, violynn said:

You're right! Looks like I got a little carried away.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived