IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Doesn't "I survived Roe v. Wade" imply that your mom tried to abort you and failed?

They think they're being clever with those shirts.  They don't seem to realize it just makes them look stupid.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does it look like Jill is wearing shorts in this pic?   As for those damned Roe v Wade shirts, it is the same all or nothing mentality of most far right wingers, legal abortions means forced abortion, back ground checks for guns means taking all the guns. 

12507102_847131228719021_173653037598191750_n.jpg

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Doesn't "I survived Roe v. Wade" imply that your mom tried to abort you and failed?

Everytime I see them in those shirts, I'm tempted to sign up and comment:

"I am so sorry that your mom didn't want you but was forced to have you because she couldn't get an abortion. And to tell you about it! That is so cruel. It must be awful to know that you were so unwanted. I will pray for you."

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Is it just me or does it look like Jill is wearing shorts in this pic?   As for those damned Roe v Wade shirts, it is the same all or nothing mentality of most far right wingers, legal abortions means forced abortion, back ground checks for guns means taking all the guns. 

I'm going to guess she's basically wearing a utilikilt. I would actually like to buy a skirt like that, since they seem practical for travel and could look decent with the right styling.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

That's how I see it too. I didn't survive Roe s Wade because my mother didn't try to abort me. :confused2:

6 hours ago, redsmomma29 said:

I went on a Catholic mission trip to El Salvador, I really went for the cheap travel opportunity.  A few observations about their trip....The only water that is safe to drink is from the missions,they are usually located up on the sides of a volcano and above all of the raw sewerage, also they can afford to dig really deep wells. We were warned not to drink sodas or ice from places like pizza hut.  Also the fruits and veggies are known to be contaminated.

The other reason that these missions are located on the sides of mountains/volcanoes is that they are much easier to protect, we had a gate and guards armed with machine guns. Armed guards are the norm in stores, even at the shoe store I went to when both of my shoes gave up the ghost. PS on the shoe front my shoes cost maybe $20-30 and fell apart in a few weeks (somewhere I saw Derrick shoe shopping and raving about it)

My food and board was $5.00 per day. We did not do anything really useful, but the nun I went with was locally famous because during the civil war she and other nuns would sleep on peoples porches because the military would not kill dissidents with an American in the house, these nuns did this for years.

There are worse things than missionary tourism when it comes to conscience formation.  As your post points out, you were exposed to the facts of poverty and the social instability that comes with huge resource gaps between the haves and have nots.    What you did that was useful is have your consciousness raised about the conditions of inequality that exist in much of the world.  That experience could make you a more understanding and compassionate person.

I don't know if "metal" or "heavy metal" rock is even a thing anymore (I now veer from classical music - my preference - to Katy Perry & Taylor Swift, courtesy of seven year old great-nephews) but wouldn't the "Screaming Izzies" be a great name for a band?

It's funny if it weren't so sad . . . .  

Why do they wear those Roe v Wade shirts in Central America anyways?  It's not the law there, and I'm sure nobody even knows what it means. 

Why not, you know, a shirt with a Spanish phrase on it? 

10 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

Why do they wear those Roe v Wade shirts in Central America anyways?  It's not the law there, and I'm sure nobody even knows what it means. 

I agree.  The last thing someone should wear is something with a political statement on it.   I would suppose they might enjoy the opportunity to explain what it says and what it's all about if a native asked them...  To be a fly on the wall during that conversation!

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Or yah know, used birth control onece, ala j'caleb.

37 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I agree.  The last thing someone should wear is something with a political statement on it.   I would suppose they might enjoy the opportunity to explain what it says and what it's all about if a native asked them...  To be a fly on the wall during that conversation!

Though isn't El Salvador already super duper Catholic, ergo you'd think quite a lot of people would have similar views on abortion? They have one of the strictest anti-abortion laws in the world (no exceptions, women have gone to jail for years for having miscarriages), so this whole "I Survived Roe v. Wade" nonsense is redundant to people who support the law already on the books, and likely offensive to activists in El Salvador who are trying to stop the justice system from putting women behind bars for something entirely out of their control, allow for safe pregnancy terminations that don't involve putting battery acid in your nether regions, and allow ten-year-old girls to terminate a life-threatening pregnancy that was inevitably a consequence of rape and have a childhood again. Perhaps through her "midwifery", Jill will see the horrible, devastating consequences of El Salvador's draconian abortion law and change her tune. Though I won't hold my breath.

1 hour ago, Imagine20 said:

Given the Dullards' "command" of Spanish, I wouldn't trust them to wear anything bearing any Spanish words or phrases. Who knows what you'd see and what it would translate into!  :scared-yipes:

6 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Though isn't El Salvador already super duper Catholic, ergo you'd think quite a lot of people would have similar views on abortion? They have one of the strictest anti-abortion laws in the world (no exceptions, women have gone to jail for years for having miscarriages), so this whole "I Survived Roe v. Wade" nonsense is redundant to people who support the law already on the books, and likely offensive to activists in El Salvador who are trying to stop the justice system from putting women behind bars for something entirely out of their control, allow for safe pregnancy terminations that don't involve putting battery acid in your nether regions, and allow ten-year-old girls to terminate a life-threatening pregnancy that was inevitably a consequence of rape and have a childhood again. Perhaps through her "midwifery", Jill will see the horrible, devastating consequences of El Salvador's draconian abortion law and change her tune. Though I won't hold my breath.

Actually, I'm more inclined to think that Jill will like what she's sees in terms of El Salvador's draconian abortion laws and may think they should be exported stateside. I could completely see the Duggars being in favor of putting women who have had abortions or even suspicious miscarriages behind bars.

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

When I first saw the picture, I thought she was wearing shorts, but now, I think she's wearing a skirt, which I also find surprising.  Her skirt is at or above knee length.  The other ladies have longer capri style pants or skirts.  I'm guessing her length may not be 'ministry' standard, though I don't know what the local culture would dictate.  The photo is a bit dark for my aging eyes, but that's what I am seeing.

I think the thing Jill is wearing is a skirt. From what I see, it's just a little too wide to be shorts, unless it's the"cullottes" that were so popular in the 70s. Very wide legged, those. Of course, maybe it's a skort.

Screaming Izzies. Love.

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I like to pretend they think Roe v. Wade made it so women will randomly have spontaneous abortions. 

But yeah those shirts make zero sense. 

Well, that helps explain why Jill hasn't had to run home to the family lately as they are running to her. Good grief. Cut the cord already. Derrick is just...... I have no words. Pizza Hut. Why would they eat any where else? Ugh.

My understanding of the "I survived Roe vs Wade" shirts is Tim Tebow is the only I am aware of who should be wearing that shirt. Didn't his mother and he make a TV commercial that she almost aborted him and didn't due to Jesus telling her not to?

I am not sure the Duggars or the Dillards even understand some of the clothes they advertise in or the words they spout. It is just all memorized and approved by JB so all is good.

Someone needs to inform Derrick that he has no dog in the R v W fight. No uterus, no vote.MYOB, Derrick.

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Actually, I'm more inclined to think that Jill will like what she's sees in terms of El Salvador's draconian abortion laws and may think they should be exported stateside. I could completely see the Duggars being in favor of putting women who have had abortions or even suspicious miscarriages behind bars.

That might be interesting.  Wouldn't Mullet need to be prosecuted for Caleb and Jubilee?  She "admits" that she miscarried Caleb due to her birth control use (stupid fallacy) and Jubilee could potentially be linked to her previous difficult delivery with Josie and not waiting long enough.  Hmm..could make a case that Mullet should be jailed under those kinds of laws?

As for the Tim Tebow and Roe v Wade commercial, I recall that being questioned at one time.  I'll need to do some searching, but if I recall, it seems their timeline was off and the fabricated some of the background.

I'm incredibly aggravated that they go to another COUNTRY and eat at a damned Pizza Hut. What happened to "we have a heart for culture!!!!!" 

I did a study abroad at Oxford University. My advisor told me I was there to try new things and she'd fail me for the course if I went into any coffee shops or restaurants that were American based. 

3 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I did a study abroad at Oxford University. My advisor told me I was there to try new things and she'd fail me for the course if I went into any coffee shops or restaurants that were American based. 

I hope she was somewhat joking.  I'd have asked her for a list of approved places to dine if she was serious.  Talk about controlling.

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I think the thing Jill is wearing is a skirt. From what I see, it's just a little too wide to be shorts, unless it's the"cullottes" that were so popular in the 70s. Very wide legged, those. Of course, maybe it's a skort.

Screaming Izzies. Love.

Guachos? 

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I hope she was somewhat joking.  I'd have asked her for a list of approved places to dine if she was serious.  Talk about controlling.

Nah, she wasn't serious. She just wanted us to try local cuisine and whatnot. 

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived