IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, 16strong said:

Uh, no. I see plenty of girls in pants (and shorts) in the pictures. In the Pizza Hut picture alone, there are two girls standing directly to the left of Jinger, both wearing pants, and a woman is in long shorts to the left of them.

Hmm...I guess I missed those.  It sure looked like on the information of SOS and the pictures above, most girls had on skirts.  I just know skirts are a BIG deal for fundies.  

I go to "American" places abroad at times. At a Pizza Hut Sri Lanka, they offered local flavors you'd never find in the states.  In a rush once, I had McDonald's or Burger King in the Dubai airport.  I hadn't had either for a few years, but it was completely different than I remembered. So the brand in one place may not serve anything like the American one. Some countries lack trademark enforcement and just use western franchise names or ones very similar (like Pizza Hat). 

Anyhow, somehow I don't think the Duggars went to experience different things so none of that fits into their thought process. 

Just now, Imagine20 said:

I go to "American" places abroad at times. At a Pizza Hut Sri Lanka, they offered local flavors you'd never find in the states.  In a rush once, I had McDonald's or Burger King in the Dubai airport.  I hadn't had either for a few years, but it was completely different than I remembered. So the brand in one place may not serve anything like the American one. Some countries lack trademark enforcement and just use western franchise names or ones very similar (like Pizza Hat). 

Anyhow, somehow I don't think the Duggars went to experience different things so none of that fits into their thought process. 

Japanese McDonalds is so good that I actually legit forgot I was eating McDonalds. Actually most Japanese fast food joints are so good you'd forget it was fast food.

The Duggars would have figured that out if they'd stop being grossed out over miso soup and raw fish. FFS, they eat way more disgusting shit at home. I'd eat natto before tater-tot casserole or barbecue tuna.

4 minutes ago, Imagine20 said:

I will admit to going to McDonalds in Hawaii to try the breakfast with Portuguese sausage. It was delicious. They had spam as well but didn't try it.  Airports don't count regardless of state/country. I buy whatever can be bought fast and won't make me miss my flight. 

I will confess that my daughter and I went to McDonalds when we first arrived in Scotland. My husband and another daughter were touring Stirling Castle and we just wanted to get something to eat after a long flight.  For me, it was a long and bloody flight because I had the heaviest day of my ridiculously heavy period.  No, I was not up to gallivanting around on a tour.

14 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Japanese McDonalds is so good that I actually legit forgot I was eating McDonalds. Actually most Japanese fast food joints are so good you'd forget it was fast food.

The Duggars would have figured that out if they'd stop being grossed out over miso soup and raw fish. FFS, they eat way more disgusting shit at home. I'd eat natto before tater-tot casserole or barbecue tuna.

I'm sure the Duggars have had many guests who thought tater tot casserole was gross, but we're too polite to say so. I'm thinking in particular of that time when Charles Stanley, the minister Michelle was fangirling over, came to visit and he got the Styrofoam plates and tater tot casserole treatment. Just once, I wish someone would tell the Duggars that their food is nasty, unhealthy, etc just to have the shoe be on the other foot, since they seem incapable of imaging how other people feel.

11 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm sure the Duggars have had many guests who thought tater tot casserole was gross, but we're too polite to say so. I'm thinking in particular of that time when Charles Stanley, the minister Michelle was fangirling over, came to visit and he got the Styrofoam plates and tater tot casserole treatment. Just once, I wish someone would tell the Duggars that their food is nasty, unhealthy, etc just to have the shoe be on the other foot, since they seem incapable of imaging how other people feel.

Yeah,  you'd think that J'chelle would at least not have used Styrofoam plates.  She is old enough to know that you should honor the preacher or another important guest by using the best plates you have and that doesn't mean styrofoam!

2 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Yeah,  you'd think that J'chelle would at least not have used Styrofoam plates.  She is old enough to know that you should honor the preacher or another important guest by using the best plates you have and that doesn't mean styrofoam!

Maybe it was the expensive ones. Class. :laughing-rolling:

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I'm incredibly aggravated that they go to another COUNTRY and eat at a damned Pizza Hut. What happened to "we have a heart for culture!!!!!" 

I did a study abroad at Oxford University. My advisor told me I was there to try new things and she'd fail me for the course if I went into any coffee shops or restaurants that were American based. 

Hell when traveling in the states, we always go to places we can't get back home.  I love trying new places, and different foods.  The best are the all inclusive resorts like Sandals, you can try all kinds of different stuff, and if you don't like just go somewhere else to eat. 

7 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

Given the Dullards' "command" of Spanish, I wouldn't trust them to wear anything bearing any Spanish words or phrases. Who knows what you'd see and what it would translate into!  :scared-yipes:

"I Survived-o Roe vs. Wade-o"

Adding my eating abroad stories:

Standing in line at a McDonald's in Delhi.  (Truly, I was just there with my travel companions--I wasn't interested in McD's).  Anyway, one of the women I was with, kept trying to order a cheeseburger.  She kept saying "Cheeseburger" and the McD's employee kept saying "Chicken sandwich".  Finally, I leaned over and reminded her that we were in Delhi and she wasn't going to be served beef.  The 
Maharishi Big Mac is a double chicken sandwich.

Story 2:  While in Geneva, a group of snotty college kids staying at the the inexpensive (by Geneva standards) adult hostel were complaining about the food being offered (in my opinion, good food at a reasonable --again by Geneva standards--price).  They were going to take the bus to McDonalds downtown and have dinner there.  The wonderful manager of the place just smiled and reminded them to use the code to get back in after hours.  After they left, he just chuckled and said "they have no idea how expensive McDonalds is in Geneva"--he was right--easily a $20 standard meal.

I've traveled a lot and always try what ever is the local food.  But, admit that when I get home, I'm always craving good KC BBQ!

55 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

@sophie10130They actually remind me of the shorts that you can zipper off the pants to make them into shorts.

That's what I'm sayin. I think they ARE those types of pants. My brother and I both had some. So why not just zip off the pants into shorts and stow the extra in his pack instead of rolling them up? Weird.

4 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

That's what I'm sayin. I think they ARE those types of pants. My brother and I both had some. So why not just zip off the pants into shorts and stow the extra in his pack instead of rolling them up? Weird.

Maybe he doesn't want to take his shoes off? Though then he could just sit and keep his feet elevated while he does it. Or he's Derick and he just operates on Derick-logic.

7 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Why is Derick rolling up zip-off pants?

Maybe the zipper is too high? It would be defrauding, as averse to his rolled up length? 

3 hours ago, Blueruin said:

Maybe the zipper is too high? It would be defrauding, as averse to his rolled up length? 

Except that zipper appears to be right at the knee.  Do the knees need to be covered?

9 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Except that zipper appears to be right at the knee.  Do the knees need to be covered?

Well, female knees must be covered. Remember Michelle's knees in the water skiing video. JB made the boys run in jeans in a race, so shorts for boys are definitely a recent thing. Gotta keep these fundie modesty rules straight, even when they keep changing. 

The only people that should be wearing "I survived Roe Vs Wade" shirts  are the woman who no longer had to go to some shitty backstreet abortion clinic with a good chance of dying.

Their shirts could say "I survived BECAUSE of Roe vs. Wade"

On the topic of foods, not going to lie, I get a huge kick out of the "local" options that McDonalds offers.

When we head south, they have Mc Grits and when we are out east they have McLobster..

Never had McGrits, just am amused by the options.

McDonalds in the south has a EggMcMuffin Mc Biscuit that is dam tasty. Once a year..

4 hours ago, Blueruin said:

I would think that, but they don't look any shorter than in these pic (and might even be the same pair)

Spoiler

Jillard.jpg.409e9ec98b435836d799a8f5fef7

55 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, female knees must be covered. Remember Michelle's knees in the water skiing video. JB made the boys run in jeans in a race, so shorts for boys are definitely a recent thing. Gotta keep these fundie modesty rules straight, even when they keep changing. 

Yes, because defrauding is one of the best words ever. 

12 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

Why is Derick rolling up zip-off pants?

Well, my boys had some where the upper zipper, like is shown, would defraud because I think his whole knee would be visible. He has quite the knees, I guess. And he wants to be cooler. Or something. Or other. 

15 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

This! In the south, the pastor is just as important as the president, and sometimes more important!

Nice meal, sweet tea, good plates and crystal and coffee cake!

The Duggars have no hospitality skills dispite growing a gaggle of young ladies who publicly declair their aspirations to be the keepers of their homes.

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived