IGNORED

Bates Family Part 7

Boogalou

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I took it to mean she didn't think about being nervous.  Maybe I should pay more attention.

That was how I took it, as well. Like, "who thinks about being nervous? Amateurs."

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Diana said:

Oh i would perfectly understand if she didn't wanted to discuss her sex life on tv or even in private in front of her sisters and mother, there is a lot of people that is not confortable talking about those subjects but arent prudes at all, im a shy person myself so i get it.

However the fact she said to the camera that kind of thoughts dont even cross my mind it was intentionally wanting to imply her mind is pure and sex is something she never thinks about not even a week before her wedding, like not only is she a virgin on her body but also on her mind. I dont believe she never in her life has thought about sex, and she trying us to believe that does seem to me like she believes that unmarried woman should be that way, so she assures to the audience that thing never crosses her mind as it should be, i feel sad that she thinks that even thinking about her own sexuality  would make her a worst christian. I hope things changed after the wedding but she really seems to be the kind of girl that would only lay there on bed and never talk about sex not even with her husband like she believes that women shouldnt care about sex only about having children, thats why i said she reminds of women from victorian era.

Lie back and think of Gothard! :P

So--Lawson is stuck in Nashville without a chaperone?  I wonder if his hotel room has a minibar.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So--Lawson is stuck in Nashville without a chaperone?  I wonder if his hotel room has a minibar.

Oh please let there be drunk instagraming later tonight!!!

34 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Oh please let there be drunk instagraming later tonight!!!

From your mouth to God's ears!

Do we, in all seriousness, really believe that Lawson is still following all of mommy and daddy's rules? That boy is away from home a lot, constantly references secular things, and has a weirdly dominant relationship with his parents because of how many times he's had to lend them money. I would be shocked if he was not out having a little bit of fun while he's away from home, and I definitely don't think that boy has never been kissed.

17 minutes ago, trisprefect said:

From your mouth to God's ears!

Do we, in all seriousness, really believe that Lawson is still following all of mommy and daddy's rules? That boy is away from home a lot, constantly references secular things, and has a weirdly dominant relationship with his parents because of how many times he's had to lend them money. I would be shocked if he was not out having a little bit of fun while he's away from home, and I definitely don't think that boy has never been kissed.

At the very least I am sure he has had the opportunity to kiss girls. He is young and cute and seems reasonable friendly, more or less everthing a boy needs to be intersting to a girl. I wouldn't even be surprised if there is some in-joke among the brothers about that time he came home with a weird "rash" on his neck.

On January 22, 2016 at 6:56 PM, sunshine said:

Yes. But, we don't know when they did read about physical aspect. She may have finished the book recently and girls knew and they may have wondered was she nervous still.

I like Michael's innocence. Her mind was not on the sex part or even concern about the sex part.

I don't get it.  Why is a grown woman's disinterest, feigned or otherwise, in sex a likable thing?  Does she have a more refined sensibility or something?

Seems like the early warning sign of a potential disaster to me unless that fundie fairytale magic happens.  From zero to sixty and charting out your most fertile days to maximize the being fruitful opportunities.  Month after month, year after year, after year...

It is kind of sad that an adult woman who is about to get married might have only just recently been informed about what to expect on her wedding night. She said she wasn't concerned and hopefully she really wasn't, but unless they talked to her beforehand and the entire thing was extremely scripted, it was mean for her family to do that to her. I suspect they had been prompted to spring this on her to show how the Bates are creepy about sex like the Duggars  and to get a reaction, but I truly hope she knew the conversation was coming. 

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect Lawson's staying with fundie friends.  Accountability and money.

The people that Lawson works with in music are friends of the family. So, hopefully, another Josh incident won't occur.

30 minutes ago, martian said:

I don't get it.  Why is a grown woman's disinterest, feigned or otherwise, in sex a likable thing?  Does she have a more refined sensibility or something?

Seems like the early warning sign of a potential disaster to me unless that fundie fairytale magic happens.  From zero to sixty and charting out your most fertile days to maximize the being fruitful opportunities.  Month after month, year after year, after year...

I would not say she is disinterest. It is more like not the main focus because they live in an environment of being careful what their eyes look at. I am sure when they are alone, they can fellowship private and let natural run its course. 

11 minutes ago, sunshine said:

The people that Lawson works with in music are friends of the family. So, hopefully, another Josh incident won't occur

What do you mean by this? He doesn't have a spouse to cheat on and I doubt he will molest his siblings. He is an adult, he doesn't need babysitters. 

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What do you mean by this? He doesn't have a spouse to cheat on and I doubt he will molest his siblings. He is an adult, he doesn't need babysitters. 

*sigh* It was a snark. I am sure Lawson is pure like the driven snow.

Just now, sunshine said:

*sigh* It was a snark. I am sure Lawson is pure like the driven snow.

Ahh, I missed that. I hope he isn't pure as the driven snow. But in reality, it shouldn't be a scandal about Lawson getting drunk that brings criticism for this family, it should be people realizing the fundie lifestyle is awful no matter how cute they make it look. Sadly I don't think that is going to happen. 

It is Michael's birthday today.  Seeing some of the throwback pics of her on WTF fundie families, she's really come a long way.  

49 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

It is Michael's birthday today.  Seeing some of the throwback pics of her on WTF fundie families, she's really come a long way.  

I am SHOCKED we have not seen a cheesy Instagram post from Brandon!

Chad posted a new blog post. He clearly loves Erin.

A New Year...New Resolutions
If you don't already know it, I will tell you...I am horrible at keeping up with our blog! Maybe being better about writing posts should be on my list of resolutions for 2016!
It's hard to believe that 2015 is behind us and a new year has begun!...It's hard to believe that Carson is already eight months old and it seems like yesterday that I was holding him for the first time!...It's hard to believe that I have been married to my beautiful Sweetheart, Erin, for over two years!...It's hard to believe how fast time is passing by.
The new year took me by surprise. I really like to plan and mentally prepare and anticipate for what might take place in a given year, but this year, I am definitely behind. With January almost gone, I feel like I am trying to play "catch up." =) One of the items on my mental list of things to do is to make resolutions. I was inspired when I saw Erin's list of resolutions. Each one was from her heart and each one was carefully thought out. I was truly challenged and motivated by her desire to set goals for herself that will directly affect our family. I love her dearly and I am so proud of her. I will have to say that I am not as brave as Erin is in posting her resolutions, but I do have a list that I have begun, a set of goals now for 2016 to help me stay on track and keep pressing forward.
Our little family is looking forward to this new year. Times are uncertain, but we have today to enjoy and to try and be blessing to those we love and know and those we meet along the way.
A friend at church gave this verse to me, and I have chosen it as one of my theme verses for this year. It's an amazing promise of God's goodness.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength."
Isaiah 26:3-4

God bless!

Chad, Erin, & Carson

Based on Lawson's twitter he is watching sports and eating salad at a restaurant during the snow storm. He ate at O'Charley's.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lawbates/status/691049231071641600

Erin has joined Lawson and Trace for the sports picks of the week.

It looks like she is growing her hair out.

Lawson tweeted this a few days ago and I totally agree:

Lawson Bates ‏@lawbates
Cutest kid ever award goes to #BradleyBates @zachbates #BringingUpBates

CZDFABHWkAAZGpi.jpg

Lawson is most def the kind of dude who's like "I don't NEED alcohol to have fun" despite never sampling anything more potent than pulp-free orange juice in his life.

Oh gross, they picked the Broncos. BOOO. And Bradley is the cutest child.

That post from Chad was nice, he does really love Erin. She truly truly hit the fundie jackpot with him.

I just realized today that I actually get the UP channel... Had no idea. Set the series to record, and can catch all of season 3 via Demand ... I'm assuming that I don't need to suffer through all the back episodes? You guys have left rather extensive "notes" as it is...

2 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Chad posted a new blog post. He clearly loves Erin.

Based on Lawson's twitter he is watching sports and eating salad at a restaurant during the snow storm. He ate at O'Charley's.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lawbates/status/691049231071641600

Erin has joined Lawson and Trace for the sports picks of the week.

It looks like she is growing her hair out.

Lawson tweeted this a few days ago and I totally agree:

Lawson Bates ‏@lawbates
Cutest kid ever award goes to #BradleyBates @zachbates #BringingUpBates

CZDFABHWkAAZGpi.jpg

He is absolutely beautiful, but fundie babies always look stressed and anxious to me.  Sometimes I think I must just be projecting because of what I know of the child "training" philosophies so popular among fundies.  Not always, though.  Lots of watchful, tense fundie babies.

1 hour ago, martian said:

He is absolutely beautiful, but fundie babies always look stressed and anxious to me.  Sometimes I think I must just be projecting because of what I know of the child "training" philosophies so popular among fundies.  Not always, though.  Lots of watchful, tense fundie babies.

I've always thought Bradley looks like a very happy baby. 

Watch them have a girl next. If she looks like her brother she'll be so gorgeously adorable we'll all just up and die. 

2 hours ago, martian said:

the rodrigues kids always look like that, but i can't say i see it in bradley bates. he always looks very happy and at ease.

So, I'm way behind on this thread, and although I know no one meant any harm, I just wanted to say that "It takes one effed up person with access to ruin a kid's life" is not, or at least does not have to be, true.

Abuse (sexual, physical, psychological), incest, and rape are more horrible than words can ever describe, but none of those experiences - whether they happen once or multiple times - have to ruin a person's life. I'm a very strong believer in choosing what to take out of an situation (there is always a silver lining unless you make it gold - I know, super cheesy), choosing to take actions to minimize it happening to you and/or another person again, choosing to fight all that makes you want to lay down and resign in order to be resilient and stand up again, and choosing to own your feelings. I was told how I felt for most of my life. Learning feelings in yours 20s ... it's not easy, but it's possible. I have found that once I acknowledge how I feel, I can move on, and be productive. And I'm dam! (are we allowed to swear on here? that's an actual question) determined to lead a productive life for me, for all the "lost mes", and for society. I'm not all "JOY" (it'd have to at least just be "OY" now), but when people help you get out, I think you end up (or at least I have) wanting to help others. I want to reach as many brainwashed people as I can, and give them a way out, but I also want to do something for a society that I have learned can be welcoming and wonderful.

I got out, so clearly, I'm a fighter, but anyone can decide to be a fighter at any time. I really disliked the Duggar girls saying they "drew closer to God" on Fox because it was such a party line - everything in that family that is "bad" makes them "draw closer to God". So, okay, they became further entrenched (or at least we think so), but that's not the only option. You can fight without your family knowing and you can fight on your own. You can own being brave.

I've never told any one person all of my severely traumatic experiences because it's not anyone else's job to carry those weights, and for me, they're not weights anymore. I screw up all the time, and I'm about as far from perfect as it gets, but I'm settled and okay with being me. Would I want to endure any of those experiences again? He!! no, and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, but those people and those experiences did NOT ruin my life. It's MY life NOT THEIRS, and therefore, it's not theirs to ruin!

(End rant. And again, I know no one meant any ill will, but I felt compelled to share at least some of my part of the story)

7 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Lawson is most def the kind of dude who's like "I don't NEED alcohol to have fun" despite never sampling anything more potent than pulp-free orange juice in his life.

My sister was one of those types. Then she discovered wine. She's not an alcoholic at all and she's very responsible, but I still tease her about how she was so "I don't need alcohol to have fun!" when we packed her up for freshman year, and now she's planning an absolute rager for her 21st.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived