IGNORED

Bates Family Part 6

Coconut Flan

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is this put out by the Bates family on Twitter?

If so they are inviting people to publicly speculate about which of their daughters or Whitney is expecting...which is usually done by looking for baby bumps and pregnancy boobs...basically inviting strangers to scrutinize the bodies of their womenfolk for attnention.

Can someone define modesty for me?  Either the Batesssesesess or I are using the word incorrectly.

No, it is the show's twitter account. Thereby, I don't know if the Bates have access to it.

Google definition:

mod·es·ty
ˈmädəstē/
noun

1. the quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities.
    "with typical modesty he insisted on sharing the credit with others"
    synonyms: self-effacement, humility, unpretentiousness; More

• the quality of being relatively moderate, limited, or small in amount, rate, or level.
      "the modesty of his political aspirations"
      synonyms: limited scope, moderation
      "the modesty of his aspirations"
    • behavior, manner, or appearance intended to avoid impropriety or indecency.
      plural noun: modesties
      "modesty forbade her to undress in front of so many people"
      synonyms: unpretentiousness, simplicity, plainness
      "the modesty of his home"

Just now, sunshine said:

:)No, it is the show's twitter account. Thereby, I don't know if the Bates have access to it.

Google definition:

mod·es·ty
ˈmädəstē/
noun

1. the quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities.
    "with typical modesty he insisted on sharing the credit with others"
    synonyms: self-effacement, humility, unpretentiousness; More

• the quality of being relatively moderate, limited, or small in amount, rate, or level.
      "the modesty of his political aspirations"
      synonyms: limited scope, moderation
      "the modesty of his aspirations"
    • behavior, manner, or appearance intended to avoid impropriety or indecency.
      plural noun: modesties
      "modesty forbade her to undress in front of so many people"
      synonyms: unpretentiousness, simplicity, plainness
      "the modesty of his home"

:) 

Well if a network telling people to scrutinize his daughters (and daughter in law) bodies for profit is okay with Gil he's not practicing what he's preaching.  If he doesn't like it but has no control over it...he's not holding too firmly to that mantle of authority.

As long as his grifting keeps paying off I doubt these moral dilemmas will keep him up nights.

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

:) 

Well if a network telling people to scrutinize his daughters (and daughter in law) bodies for profit is okay with Gil he's not practicing what he's preaching.  If he doesn't like it but has no control over it...he's not holding too firmly to that mantle of authority.

As long as his grifting keeps paying off I doubt these moral dilemmas will keep him up nights.

Good point.

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

At least they left Gil and Kelly out of the betting pool.

I was surprised in the episode where Kelly got rid of her maternity clothes and admitted that she's over the baby making years -unlike the Duggars who won't and act like menopause is a dirty word. I was slightly impressed.

13 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I think the announcement was the winner for the 20th Bates. :GPn0zNK:

But nobody even cared about that! I protest.

ETA: With this post, my title changed to "In Full-On *beam* Mode" which is ironic because I'm actually in tears over my pup that we had to euthanize earlier this year.

29 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

But nobody even cared about that! I protest.

ETA: With this post, my title changed to "In Full-On *beam* Mode" which is ironic because I'm actually in tears over my pup that we had to euthanize earlier this year.

I read on the Duggar blog that the pregnancy is the announcement. :ENVOUTER:

29 minutes ago, Alye said:

It's so sad when you have to make that decision. We're in the middle of trying to make it now. Hope you feel better soon.

Good luck making the decision. It's the hardest thing I've had to do. It was necessary but that didn't take away from the immediate shock factor.

It has been months since we did it but the thought of starting a new year without our girl is breaking my heart tonight. The sadness has gotten less painful as time goes by. I still miss her though and my other dogs will still look for her if you say her name. 

12 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I'm gonna place my bets with Alyssa being pregnant. Although I wouldn't be shocked if it was Whitney.

Should we credit UP with clever wordplay?  Because technically Whitney would be the only one having a "Bates" baby.

What if it was all of them? Imagine that!

Alyssa is definitely pregnant. Pretty sure Whitney is too. I think the announcement timing comes down to who can't hide it any longer. I think Alyssa is at least 16 weeks pregnant right now and it's getting harder for her to physically hide. So I think the announcement will be about her.

Based on an intense "scrutinization" (is that a word?) of their bodies and the positioning of said bodies in recent pictures (!) ...  I think it is (1) Alyssa and potentially also (2) Whitney.  

WHAT A TEASE!   RIDICULOUS.  And inviting people to speculate?    GAG ME WITH A PREGNANCY TEST STICK!  

Not Michaela (and I hope she is feeling OK with that... poor thing, to be a woman in this culture) and hopefully not Erin.  

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

At least they left Gil and Kelly out of the betting pool.

Thank you Jeebus!

"Guess which one of these young, fertile, unprotected sex having women is pregnant!"
What's the difference? They all gonna be, sooner than later. Probably, this year.

I do hope for nice pregnancy and healthy baby with decent name. I also hope that all four couples are ok with complete strangers speculating about their sex lives.

What an untasteful way to generate interest in show.

Ok, I definitely think it's Alyssa. Only because her last 8 or so pictures on instagram shows her conveniently placing her baby right in front of where you'd see a pregnant belly. That's a dead give away. In TV shows, people will usually cover a pregnant celebrity with a prop like a purse.

Meh. They'll probably all be pregnant for some part of 2016, it doesn't really matter who goes first.

:my_dodgy:

5 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

What if it was all of them? Imagine that!

Alyssa is definitely pregnant. Pretty sure Whitney is too. I think the announcement timing comes down to who can't hide it any longer. I think Alyssa is at least 16 weeks pregnant right now and it's getting harder for her to physically hide. So I think the announcement will be about her.

I hope Erin is not pregnant but I think that it would probably be nice to be pregnant at the same time as your sisters and/or sister in law if you are close. Also when the cousins get older they will have a lot of same age playmates. My sister and I are 18 years apart so we would never have been able to be pregnant at the same time. If this pregnancy goes well we will however have a baby the same year as my niece who is expecting to have her second child in January. I am due this summer. Sadly, me and my niece are not that close and we have widely different parenting strategies so I don't think we will hang out that much as long as the babies are small but when they get older I expect them to play together.

3 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

"Guess which one of these young, fertile, unprotected sex having women is pregnant!"
What's the difference? They all gonna be, sooner than later. Probably, this year.

I do hope for nice pregnancy and healthy baby with decent name. I also hope that all four couples are ok with complete strangers speculating about their sex lives.

What an untasteful way to generate interest in show.

How is it any different than what is already done here, though? It does not mean it's right or tasteful, but that speculation already exists. For weeks people here have been saying Whitney or Alyssa are pregnant because of changes in breast size or waistlines. When Erin had a UTI not long after her wedding, people were speculating it was due to her not urinating after sex. Similar subjects are regularly discussed about other fundies. The only difference between us & UP is that they  are capitalizing  on this type of talk. I'm not handslapping anyone since we are a snark board after all. I just don't think we have much of a right to get our pearls in a twist about it. *shrug*

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived