IGNORED

Bates Family Part 6

Coconut Flan

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an aunt who believes that the Care Bears were teaching children demonic stuff because they talked and made magical things happen.  I have no doubt there are many fundies who would say the same for Winnie the Pooh.  She even thinks that Veggie Tales is bad- no just for the cheesy storylines but because if tomatoes started talking kids should know they are possessed by an evil spirit.  Bleh!  

1 minute ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

I have an aunt who believes that the Care Bears were teaching children demonic stuff because they talked and made magical things happen.  I have no doubt there are many fundies who would say the same for Winnie the Pooh.  She even thinks that Veggie Tales is bad- no just for the cheesy storylines but because if tomatoes started talking kids should know they are possessed by an evil spirit.  Bleh!  

Good lord, that's pretty far gone if you can work evil spirit possession into Veggie Tales.

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Just wanted to share - i know there's been some discussion of whether Nathan is interested in Anastasia or Ashley (not sure if it was on this thread or the jinger thread tho) - we knew Ashley was visiting the duggars with Nathan for Xmas but these comments on sierras Instagram confirm that it was just Ashley visiting - no Anastasia! (bronxnewyorkheart is Ashley's insta name, obocella is Anastasia) 

image.png

I am guessing that Ashley's parents are not a stickler for chaperones. 

2 minutes ago, sunshine said:

What makes you say that?

1 minute ago, sunshine said:

I does not appear that Anastasia is with Ashley.

No but they're at the Duggar compound and I don't think anyone can get alone time there  unless it's for creating another J kid.

Besides I think while on Duggar property, any courting couple probably has to go by Duggar rules (side hugs only).

4 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

No but they're at the Duggar compound and I don't think anyone can get alone time there  unless it's for creating another J kid.

Besides I think while on Duggar property, any courting couple probably has to go by Duggar rules (side hugs only).

Oh, I thought they have left already. 

1 hour ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

I had a high school friend who baby sat kids who were not allowed to watch or read anything that involved magic, and this included talking animals. So no Berenstain Bears, VeggiTales, Peter Rabbit, classic fairy tales, or Disney movies. If the kids were playing pretend and one of them started doing something a human wouldn't be able to do in real life (i.e., saying they could fly on their toy broom or pretending to become a dog or cat), she was to tell them to stop it immediately. 

11 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Oh, I thought they have left already. 

They probably did, but I think Nathan was traveling with a few siblings in tow (with 18 others, I would assume he doesn't go alone) and Ashley's parents probably know this (if they're the chaperone type).

19 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

even amy would restrict herself and her boyfriends around the duggars.

10 minutes ago, nausicaa25 said:

I had a high school friend who baby sat kids who were not allowed to watch or read anything that involved magic, and this included talking animals. So no Berenstain Bears, VeggiTales, Peter Rabbit, classic fairy tales, or Disney movies. If the kids were playing pretend and one of them started doing something a human wouldn't be able to do in real life (i.e., saying they could fly on their toy broom or pretending to become a dog or cat), she was to tell them to stop it immediately. 

This draws to mind the Chucky doll. (I no longer have dolls in my room.)  *shudder* I can see how people can be weary of non-human things talking.

33 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Their mom is pretty active on everybody in that circle's instagrams. Her account is private, but I see her commenting on the usual suspects' accounts. She definitely stays in the loop,even if she's not in the same location as her kids. @joyfulmami_5

8 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Their mom is pretty active on everybody in that circle's instagrams. Her account is private, but I see her commenting on the usual suspects' accounts. She definitely stays in the loop,even if she's not in the same location as her kids. @joyfulmami_5

Imagine if a Duggar let the leash out that much. :content: Yeah, your sister doesn't have to go with you, her friends are fine with accountability. :56247956409be_32(13):

Lawson and Trace giving Nathan shit made me lol. And Kelly was just embarrassing talking about tall buildings and concrete. I also wish she'd stop with the arm/hand sex. She's a grown woman.

I find it surprising that one of the episode descriptions refer so openly to "Training Up" as the Bates' method of discipline.  We knew that the Bateses practiced the Pearls' awful method, but to see them be so open about it at this point is a little un-selfaware.

7 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I find it surprising that one of the episode descriptions refer so openly to "Training Up" as the Bates' method of discipline.  We knew that the Bateses practiced the Pearls' awful method, but to see them be so open about it at this point is a little un-selfaware.

I don't think they will be open about it at all. Gil and Kelly are way too smart for that. They will make it all fluffy and happy and pretend that they didn't train their newborns and hand them off to buddies to be raised. 

The older kids all remember their training up. I remember the episode where they were answering questions and the kids were asked if the parents were harder on the older ones and there was zero hesitation on them revealing the yes side of the paddles. Or at least all the older kids thought so. One of them even commented on how the little ones get away with murder. 

Just now, bashfulpixie said:

The older kids all remember their training up. I remember the episode where they were answering questions and the kids were asked if the parents were harder on the older ones and there was zero hesitation on them revealing the yes side of the paddles. Or at least all the older kids thought so. One of them even commented on how the little ones get away with murder. 

Kelly had to raise the older ones, so that is probably why they got the harsher discipline. The older kids are raising the younger ones and are probably nicer, better parents than Kelly or Gil. 

39 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

It could be that they are getting older and don't have much energy.

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

It could be that they are getting older and don't have much energy.

Or, if the dynamic is anything like my family's, by the time the younger kids are old enough to start making decisions, the parents take a stance of "well, Kid #1 did this thing we didn't want her to do and turned out fine, screw it, let's let Kid #2 do it". I remember asking my mom why my younger sister was allowed to do stuff I wasn't allowed to do at her age, and that was her reasoning.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived