IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 8: They Call Him Choo Choo?

happy atheist

12 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Um, I think that a lot of people in general engage in superstitious behavior.  Ever cross your fingers for good luck?  Know anyone who has a "lucky shirt", or hear the admonition not to walk underneath a ladder, don't break a mirror, "step on a crack and break your mother's back."  I'd say superstition has been around almost as long as humans, and is part of human nature and not necessarily tied to religious beliefs.

And all of the above were denounced as non-Christian superstition by the Christians I grew up around. I agree that most people engage in superstitious behavior, but fundies don't recognize their own superstition as such.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And when you think about the "religion" they are trying to get these people into, it is miserable in so many ways. No education for women, a headship, as many children as possible, the man is "always right no matter what". It is really unbelievable when you look at it and list these things honestly and directly. All for Jeebus. 

3 hours ago, Pupalup said:

My aunt and cousin just got back from a charity trip in Niquaragua. My aunt says they were very lucky to have running water when they were there, even though it was only cold. Many of the people they went on the trip with stayed in houses with dirt floors and no electricity, and obviously no one had wifi. They went down there to help schools distribute and organize school supplies to kids in impoverished villages, and they also helped build houses, they saw a few "touristy" things like rainforests but they definately didn't spend all their time posting selfies on Instagram.

I respect that everyone does charity stuff differently but really? What are Jill and Derrick even doing down there?

Faith is all that matters.  If you can persuade three Spanish teachers to read the Bible and ignore the Catholic priest, you are doing the work of God.  If "all" you are doing is helping villagers get educated and/or fed, then you are just doing "good works" which is irrelevant to salvation which comes through faith alone.  

Your aunt and her group may have gone to Nicaragua with good intentions, but their work is not nearly as important as what the Dillards are doing.  They apparently didn't hold any Bible readings, instruct the women on modest dress or persuade anyone to forsake idol worship.

:irony:

I read some where this morning that Jill updated and talked about being excited they had been able to pass out tracts (or what ever they are called) to people. Really? Is this what they have spent all that time and money for? To pass out paper that probably gets tossed into the waste can or used for other purposes? I am disgusted by them. They are playing games and it is becoming more and more obvious they are not serious about what they are doing. Are they above helping to feed the needy? Or helping in schools? Or just plain ole helping people? Or does that not fit into their ministry? Ridiculous. They are not on a ministry trip. They are clearly on their second honeymoon.

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

And when you think about the "religion" they are trying to get these people into, it is miserable in so many ways. No education for women, a headship, as many children as possible, the man is "always right no matter what". It is really unbelievable when you look at it and list these things honestly and directly. All for Jeebus. 

It is disgusting.  A friend travels with his church group to Guatemala once or twice a year to support the indigenous Mayan population.  Even though the group is sent by a church, they don't go to "convert" anyone.  They bring medical supplies, and the carpenters and other tradesmen among them attempt to make repairs to the community's utilities and even to some of the resident's homes.  He reports that lots of the natives have burn scars from their regular use of wood-burning fires for heating and for cooking, and women are more likely to be scarred because their ankle-length dresses more easily come in contact with the open flames.  In other words, these women would be safer if they wore pants instead of dresses.

What can Derrick give these people?  They have little use for Accounting services, and he doesn't have any construction knowledge or other trade skills.  (I'm sure that JB will try to get him to perform some hard labor for the family eventually.)  The only skill Jill has to offer these people is babysitting, but she can't do that because she actually needs them to babysit HER child.  What a fucking farce.

1 hour ago, Valerie3kids said:

I read some where this morning that Jill updated and talked about being excited they had been able to pass out tracts (or what ever they are called) to people. Really? Is this what they have spent all that time and money for? To pass out paper that probably gets tossed into the waste can or used for other purposes? I am disgusted by them. They are playing games and it is becoming more and more obvious they are not serious about what they are doing. Are they above helping to feed the needy? Or helping in schools? Or just plain ole helping people? Or does that not fit into their ministry? Ridiculous. They are not on a ministry trip. They are clearly on their second honeymoon.

I wonder if the tracts were in Spanish or English. I can see Jill being dumb enough to pass out tracts in English to native Spanish speakers. I think it's fascinating that they focus on converting people that would have a harder time communicating their disproval in a language the Dillards can understand. 

What is the literacy level of the people receiving these tracts? If literacy is low in their area, then their actions are especially laughable.

On 12/25/2015 at 11:45 PM, accountingstar said:

They have a friend named Rachel visiting them. I wonder about this Rachel. How do they know her? Did she travel by herself? She is there for the holidays. So many questions.

I'm not positive, but I think the student midwife who attended Jill's birth might have been named Rachel.

1 hour ago, scribble said:

I'm not positive, but I think the student midwife who attended Jill's birth might have been named Rachel.

Thanks for the information. I think you are most likely right. She loves missionary work based on her work profile. I searched Rachel Goad and found the following:

Rachel Goad
Advanced Student Midwife
Rachel is currently working on her goals to become a certified midwife. Rachel knew she was being called in this direction at a very young age and has worked countless hours to pursue her dream. Rachel loves missionary work and divides her time between studying midwifery and volunteering at various organizations. Rachel lives in Pfluggerville and supports our clients in North Austin, Pfluggerville, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Georgetown, Liberty Hill, and Jarrell.

Here instagram:

She hasn't posted anything for 6 days. Let's see if she posts photos of her visiting the Dillards.

Derick posted a photo of the family and Rachel on Instagram.

Jill brought her wholesome wear to Guatemala. Lands End sells some really nice wholesome wear that is also fashionable and protects you against skin cancer.

Derick if you are worried about crime, don't wear Arkansas gear. You stand out as an American. Try to blend it as best you can.

Isn't Antigua, Guatemala fairly far from the coast?  Make me wonder how they get around.  Do they have grifted wheels or perhaps a driver they pay a few dollars?  

As "missionaries" on Christmas -  I would have expected them to be doing something to serve/help the people there....oops sorry.... they're not done learning Spanish yet... duh!

This leads me to my next question, who is going to ask for a copy of their 990EZ or 990 2015 tax return. It should be filed by May 15th, if they don't ask for an extension. I want to know how they are spending their money.

Tax-exempt organizations must make annual returns and exemption applications filed with the IRS available for public inspection and copying upon request.

Whoever is their accountant or attorney is failing them. They are not registered with the Arkansas Attorney General. A major no no. You need to register in states in which you are soliciting money. They could be fined by the Attorney General for late registration. Their address is listed in Little Rock so they should be registered in Arkansas. Also, their sending church is in Arkansas. They are on video soliciting donations at their church. It doesn't matter if you are doing most of your work overseas. Their US office is in Arkansas. I would not want to be their accountant. If they are soliciting in other states then they need to be registered there too.

All charities that solicit donations in Arkansas must register and file annual informational returns with the Attorney General. The registration requirements also apply to paid solicitors and professional fundraisers. To find out if a charity is registered in Arkansas, please visit the Charities Database.

http://arkansasag.gov/programs/arkansas-lawyer/charities

http://www.arkansasag.gov/charity/search.php

From the IRS Charity Search:

47-4302759      Dillard Family Ministries Little Rock AR United States

PC

36 minutes ago, DigDugger said:

At the beach, huh?  It's a tough life for missionaries.  

I wonder if Rachel paid for her flight herself...

Maybe Jill is ministering to people as to how wearing wholesome wear is more Christian and that modesty is a virtue. 

That picture looks like Israel is looking down at her wholesome wear like what the hell are you wearing woman?  I am a Decent swimmer but I feel like for me,  all that fabric would be difficult to swim in.    

7 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

That picture looks like Israel is looking down at her wholesome wear like what the hell are you wearing woman?  I am a Decent swimmer but I feel like for me,  all that fabric would be difficult to swim in.    

When you get out of the water, imagine how miserable you'll feel with that damp fabric clinging to so much of your skin.  It will take so much longer to dry out than a standard swimsuit.

I hope the all the Dillards are doing is taking a few Spanish classes and going to the beach. The only thing they can do that would help anybody in Guatemala is to spend some money in the local economy.

The only thing they're good for is accounting and unskilled labor. Unskilled labor just takes away jobs from local Guatemalans. Derrick training some locals in bookkeeping might be useful, but I doubt he would.

We know what lifts people out of poverty - empowering women to access education and plan their families. Something the Duggars are actively preaching against.

@DigDugger, I have a regular one piece swimsuit for indoors, but I sunburn so quickly that I always end up with a t-shirt over it when I wear it outdoors. It's not fun. The shirt stays wet forever and drips all over the place.

No Wholesome Wear for me, but I'm considering a rashguard shirt and some board shorts. I know that Jill doesn't wear that thing to protect herself from the sun, but I bet it does.

46 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Isn't Antigua, Guatemala fairly far from the coast?  Make me wonder how they get around.  Do they have grifted wheels or perhaps a driver they pay a few dollars?  

As "missionaries" on Christmas -  I would have expected them to be doing something to serve/help the people there....oops sorry.... they're not done learning Spanish yet... duh!

Help the poor on Christmas of all days?? Preposterous!! Jesus would be appalled! :neener:

45 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

This leads me to my next question, who is going to ask for a copy of their 990EZ or 990 2015 tax return. It should be filed by May 15th, if they don't ask for an extension. I want to know how they are spending their money.

Whoever is their accountant or attorney is failing them. They are not registered with the Arkansas Attorney General. A major no no. You need to register in states in which you are soliciting money. They could be fined by the Attorney General for late registration. Their address is listed in Little Rock so they should be registered in Arkansas. Also, their sending church is in Arkansas. They are on video soliciting donations at their church. It doesn't matter if you are doing most of your work overseas. Their US office is in Arkansas. I would not want to be their accountant. If they are soliciting in other states then they need to be registered there too.

http://www.arkansasag.gov/charity/search.php

From the IRS Charity Search:

47-4302759      Dillard Family Ministries Little Rock AR United States

PC

I hope some journalist reading this will be inspired to ask the right questions and write about the answers.  I am beginning to think that being brought up on a reality show may impair the ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality.  But what is Derrick's excuse?

I still don't understand why they don't wear a swim skort and then just wear a rashguard

It would attract less attention. Then again, attention is what they want..

3 hours ago, hollywood said:

I still don't understand why they don't wear a swim skort and then just wear a rashguard

It would attract less attention. Then again, attention is what they want..

They have to make sure that everyone notices how modest they are. Otherwise, what's the point?

4 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

There's also this site for coverage that a little cuter, kinda fashionable:

http://hydrochic.com/

For real, I'm a bikini girl through and through, and I'd wear a few of those rash guards. They're really cute and very functional!

On 12/25/2015 at 4:58 PM, Buzzard said:

Is it wrong that I cant wait for Izzy to start grabbing for those earrings?

It's the first thing I wonder about when I see moms with babies. How long until those earrings come out, with help from baby or after recognizing dangles are attractive to babies... 

I like my earlobes, so the earrings came out after my babies were about 4mo.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived