IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 8: They Call Him Choo Choo?

happy atheist

Jill, Derick, and Israel "Choo Choo" Dillard seem to be back in Guatemala, at least for a few days. No ministering seems to happening, but at least they're in the country. Who wants to give them more money?

Part 7 (with links to previous threads): http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24371-jill-duggar-dillard-pt-7-yall-wanna-pay-for-my-vacation/?page=1

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize that not every place had outlet covers. But I guess I don't know how long ago people are talking here. Maybe they haven't been around that long or something?

My son loves to stick his finger in any hole on every toy on piece of furniture or whatever. You can bet your ass that every outlet has safety things in them! And any cord he could reach also has a safety cover so he can't yank it out of the wall. We also put a safety thing on the switch that turns our gas fireplace on. I'd much rather eliminate the chance than hit him. And I also like being able to step away to pee or unload the dishwasher without fear of electrocution. 

Not me, that for sure!  When I think about Choo-choo for a name, I think of two things:  Choo-choo from Top Cat and that choo-choo was what the kids across the street called poop.

Top Cat was a cartoon about a bunch of NYC alley cats that came on in the 60s for a couple of seasons.  My brother and I loved it!.  There was Top Cat (aka TC) himself, Choo-choo or Chooch for short and Benny the Ball.  Choo-Choo was voiced by the wonderful Marvin Kaplan.  The names of the cats seem to be inspired by Damon Runyon stories.

Choo-choo reminds me of when my youngest kid started talking.  My older 2 had been early talkers (oldest extremely clearly from pretty early on, and 2nd less clear but still quite verbal).  Anyway, youngest kid I wasn't sure if he was truly late or just on-time and I wasn't used to that, but when he did start talking he didn't have many consonant sounds.  So "Blues Clues" and "choo choo" were both "ooo-ooo".  LOL.  Luckily a few months with a speech therapist cleared that all right up... 

I just feel weirded out by her open letter to Jessa where she says "laboring with choo-choo". Felt way too intimate for the public.

Not me, that for sure!  When I think about Choo-choo for a name, I think of two things:  Choo-choo from Top Cat and that choo-choo was what the kids across the street called poop.

Top Cat was a cartoon about a bunch of NYC alley cats that came on in the 60s for a couple of seasons.  My brother and I loved it!.  There was Top Cat (aka TC) himself, Choo-choo or Chooch for short and Benny the Ball.  Choo-Choo was voiced by the wonderful Marvin Kaplan.  The names of the cats seem to be inspired by Damon Runyon stories.

The dog in the 1970s cartoon "The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan" was named Chu-Chu, IIRC.

ETA:  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/TheAmazingChanAndTheChanClan

(Although I still think he looks like a cat)

Has anyone seen the post by the Midwife place Jill was seen working for?  The Butterfly one.  It said they were NOT Jessa's midwife and that both Jessa AND Jill made birthing decisions that do not fairly reflect home birth.  Interesting!

Choo Choo reminds me of a cat we had when I was a kid.  One of the massive number of outdoor cats that loitered about our place (my parents bought a grocery store - long story short the beginning of the end of the marriage) in a wide spot in the road.  Most of the cats either procreated there or we inherited.  Shortly after we moved there someone dumped a pair of kittens across the street.  Mom - who may as well been talking to the wind - said 'don't make pets of them.'  (mom - you owe me.  you ran over 1 cat of my pre-move.  his replacement was left behind when he ran out of the house during the move and ya'll couldn't catch him).   Anyway my sister named one 'choo choo' because she looked up at the train as it went by (she was 4).  Her name eventually transitioned to 'Tootie' (no clue, I considered her my sister's cat).   But seeing this thread name - yeah, totally back in 1970 -1974 again.

Has anyone seen the post by the Midwife place Jill was seen working for?  The Butterfly one.  It said they were NOT Jessa's midwife and that both Jessa AND Jill made birthing decisions that do not fairly reflect home birth.  Interesting!

Pasting here from their public FB page in case it disappears...

A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery
November 17 at 8:55pm ·
I didn't want to respond in this forum but due to the overwhelming support and calls and emails. We were not Jessa Seewald's midwives. I am sad that Jessa suffered a post partum hemhorrage. I am happy that Jessa and "Quincy" are home,safe and sound. Both Jessa and Jill made decisions that do not fairly reflect home birth nor the care of the midwives in this state. But what matters most is Healthy Baby, Healthy Mama!

In addition, one of the ABM employees writes in the comments:

Sarah Katherine Walker This post was in no way made to slam Jill or Jessa. This statement was posted only to contradict the accusations made that A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery was the midwife at either birth. No midwives associated with A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery were a part of Jill or Jessa's births. I am in full support of a womans choice. However, the individual that attended Jessa and Ben's birth calls herself a midwife yet has had no training as a midwife. She is not licensed, she is not certified and she has been through no form of training. I think she made the right call in going to the hospital postpartum but I have personally witnessed her make very unwise decisions at a birth.

I'm a little late for the spanking conversation (especially now that we're on a new thread), but wanted to throw in my two cents. My parents spanked us very rarely; they saved it as an ultimate punishment when we had really done something bad. It only happened a few times, and they would basically assign the punishment, but would wait until a little bit later because they never wanted to do it while they were angry and didn't want to actually hurt us. In reality, the spanking itself would only sting for a few seconds, but the anticipation for a few hours was the real punishment. We were pretty well-behaved kids, but thing we'd always get in the most trouble for was fighting with each other. Ultimately, they found a more productive way to punish us for our fights - they'd stick us in the bathroom and make us stay in there until we could walk out "smiling and holding hands" - which gave us the responsibility for coming up with a solution and making amends for ourselves.

I never felt like the spankings were wrong or even that hard on us, but also don't think they were effective for correcting behavior. I don't have kids (and don't know if I ever will), but I think parenting is the hardest job in the world and don't have a place to tell other people how they should raise their humans. I would always advocate to bypass violence and come up with a better way to correct bad behavior. I totally agree with the many of you who have said it doesn't make sense to spank your kids while teaching them that hitting is wrong. In my opinion, hurting and humiliating a child does little more than instill fear. Children need to be loved and empowered to make decisions about what is right and wrong, and once my parents redirected their punishments to an activity that forced us to reflect on our misbehavior and find our way out of it, it was much more effective than spankings, which just made everyone sad.

We've been discussing it more in the Jessa thread. Come join us!

I believe it. My midwives were very proactive about staying on top of emerging safety concerns, and were very clear about when it was time to transfer to a hospital.

Ok, I have something to admit.  My uncle is nicknamed Choochoo.  Well, kind of.  See, my family is from El Salvador.  The slang word for dog over there is "chucho" and somewhere along the line, that became his nickname.  (Side note, I've notice that in Latin America, it is relatively common to have a nickname that is completely unrelated to your real name, Jose=Pepe, Francisco=Paco, etc).  Anyway, when my generation was little, we called him Tio Chuchu, instead of Chucho.  We grew out of that eventually, and he's now Tio Chucho.  I wouldn't dream of calling him Tio [First name].  Most people call him Chucho.  

Anyway, I wonder if that's where it comes from for Izzy? Something similar?

Pasting here from their public FB page in case it disappears...

A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery
November 17 at 8:55pm ·
I didn't want to respond in this forum but due to the overwhelming support and calls and emails. We were not Jessa Seewald's midwives. I am sad that Jessa suffered a post partum hemhorrage. I am happy that Jessa and "Quincy" are home,safe and sound. Both Jessa and Jill made decisions that do not fairly reflect home birth nor the care of the midwives in this state. But what matters most is Healthy Baby, Healthy Mama!

In addition, one of the ABM employees writes in the comments:

Sarah Katherine Walker This post was in no way made to slam Jill or Jessa. This statement was posted only to contradict the accusations made that A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery was the midwife at either birth. No midwives associated with A Mommy's Butterfly Midwifery were a part of Jill or Jessa's births. I am in full support of a womans choice. However, the individual that attended Jessa and Ben's birth calls herself a midwife yet has had no training as a midwife. She is not licensed, she is not certified and she has been through no form of training. I think she made the right call in going to the hospital postpartum but I have personally witnessed her make very unwise decisions at a birth.

I wonder how Jill feels, having a group she obviously looks towards for guidance and *scary thought* education say that she made wrong choices. I also wonder how Venessa feels. I know she's been negligible and under investigation herself, but look at the kind of "midwife" she's churned out in Jill. That really speaks volumes, at least to me, about the kind of midwife Venessa is. I don't know why people continue to use A Mommy's Butterfly to deliver their babies, 

image.jpeg

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but that's one of my husband's nicknames for me. Something from one of his other languages.

I also found the midwife's Facebook comment interesting. I seriously hope Jill never helps at a birth, and if she does, I hope they're all routine easy births that anyone could help with. I would hate to see a woman or infant lose their life because of her stupidity or her over inflated ego.

I'm also icked out by the name "Mommy's Butterfly."  It sounds like a child's nickname for vagina. It's not cutesy for an adult to say it and take seriously.

I'm also icked out by the name "Mommy's Butterfly."  It sounds like a child's nickname for vagina. It's not cutesy for an adult to say it and take seriously.

I agree with you.  Also, there is a song by Jason Mraz called Butterfly, and it's a thinly veiled ode to the vagina.

Or like the vibrators called Butterfly vibrators. "mommy's butterfly." :brainbleach:

Why does anyone think that SOTDRT educated Jill who was never had 1 stitch of formal education would have the skills needed to troubleshoot anyone's labor and delivery?  She didn't even get her own self to the hospital in a timely and safe fashion and if the Dillard's "story" is to be believed, a nearly 10 lb baby flipped at the last minute and after nearly 70 hours of labor, and his MW trained mother did not even realize it. {Personally, I do not think that the baby flipped}.

Is it even possible for a baby, especially a larger one, to flip at the last minute when the mother's water broke days age? Wouldn't it be hard for a baby to flip with little fluid in there?  And usually based on where you feel kicks, you can tell which direction they are facing.

Is it even possible for a baby, especially a larger one, to flip at the last minute when the mother's water broke days age? Wouldn't it be hard for a baby to flip with little fluid in there?  And usually based on where you feel kicks, you can tell which direction they are facing.

I don't think it's possible. Not with a baby the size of Izzy anyway. 

My dad bred german shepherd's  - the ones people wanted for family pets we called 'Choo-Choo'  the ones they wanted for protection we called "Chew-Chew"     cute name either way....

These huge babies are ripping their mothers apart (sorry I couldn't think of a better term) who are so tiny.

It really worries me that they try to play down such risks that could end fatally. 

I thought it wasn't possible- until a few weeks ago when my friend had her baby flip just before delivery. She went to the hospital (in labor around 38 weeks) and they did an ultrasound because the placenta had previously been blocking the cervix (previa) and was expecting a C-section in just a couple days. The ultrasound showed the placenta had moved so they let her continue to labor. The ultrasound also showed the baby head down but still up high. 

When she felt ready to push they somehow (I missed the specific details on this) realized the baby was coming feet first and rushed her for an emergency C-Secion. She ended up delivering footling breech before they could get everything fully prepped for surgery. 

I had been calling BS on Izzy's having flipped last minute for weeks- that is until it happened to somebody I know and trust to tell the truth about her birth experience!

As for size- her baby was born just under 8lbs so it was a little smaller. It may be UNCOMMON- but I suppose it is possible. 

I think Jill probably made some bad decisions because she SOOOO wanted a home birth, since she was on the mid-wife track and all. Probably more than Jessa, you know?  Wanted it for justification that she could do it, etc. So I am guessing that having to have a c-section was a HUGE disappointment to her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived