IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

Okay, I've long believed that celebrities give their babies "public" names and save their real names for "private." So, like North West is named something like Natalie, but she goes by North, that way she always knows who is a crazy fan and who is someone she can trust.

So, I've decided that the baby's real name is probably something like Noah.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like Tim Allen when he played Santa Clause!

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day!

OK guys, long time listener, first time caller.

I just can't handle how ridiculous it is that this poor baby is partially named after some dumb fuck missionary who was so ignorant about the people he was trying to convert that he got himself killed more or less immediately after making contact with the hostile Ecuadorian tribes that just needed Jesus in their lives. What better middle name to have than a constant reminder that stupid kills.

sounds just like ben and jessa don't you think 

:D

I think Otter is sort of hilarious for a middle name -- there is nothing cute about Spurgeon. I just saw a comment on Instagram "Baby Spurgeon :my_heart:" and OMG -- how can you put a heart after that??

At the time I watched the name announcement video, every single comment on Bin's FB page was complimenting the name. Spurgeon. WTF?

I can't keep a straight face trying to imaging even saying "Spurgeon" out loud.

And this is why I can't wait to see various Duggars talk about him. Bet they all call him Baby Seewald, or Jessa's baby.

My first reaction:  "You are shitting me!"  I thought it was a spoof announcement.

Now I'm just hoping they homeschool this kid so he doesn't get bullied in school for having a ridiculous name. 

"Spurgeon" sounds like the name of a new plague, like Ebola.  I can just see people suiting up in those white hazmat suits to clean up the spurgeon.

Oh, poor kid.

Well ... what ... ummmmmm ... it's original???? 

What the holy fuck!  That's just a little too precious and agree with attention seeking!  I actually thought the People article said Sturgeon at first and thought they named their child after a fish! 

This poor little baby boy now has to go thru life as Spurgeon, agree with others and pray they call the poor thing Elliot.  Wonder what Gwyn's face looked like when she heard the name, referring back to her horrified face when Michelle mentioned being a grandmother in a year (truer words). 

Oh.to.the.M.G. what to even think, but was definitely good for a good ole belly laugh.

Ok, I've been disconnected all evening and just checked back here.  

That is all I have to say. 

Someone said "sperm from a virgin" but I can't find it to quote... I snorted my drink!

Goodbye lurkdom, this godawful name has outed me! LMFAO!

Okay, I've long believed that celebrities give their babies "public" names and save their real names for "private." So, like North West is named something like Natalie, but she goes by North, that way she always knows who is a crazy fan and who is someone she can trust.

So, I've decided that the baby's real name is probably something like Noah.

that...is actually kinda smart in a way...lol

Is this real life?  That can't actually be his name!  Maybe having 19 siblings with the same letter pushed her overboard finding a name that no one in their right mind would ever use again!  Congrats baby Seewald you're one of a kind!

And this is why I can't wait to see various Duggars talk about him. Bet they all call him Baby Seewald, or Jessa's baby.

They'll probably just call him Elliot, Eli, or Leo.

I see Spurgeon but all I hear is Sperm Surgeon

I know... it sounds like a dreadful hazing activity that might take place at an all boys boarding school... though perhaps i've been working on Australia's Royal Commission into Child Sex Abuse too long... i can't take this name seriously at all... Its either a fish or something dirty... not a childs name. 

Didn't they have a couple of different sets of China on their wedding registry-- like daily and formal ware?

The idea of Ben and Jessa sleeping in their bed at night with the door closed while CinderJana takes care of the baby bothers me a lot.  It reminds of how Michelle and JB always put themselves first.  I guess that is going to be Jessa and Ben's role model for a good marriage. 

1000% agree - wasn't the father of Spurgeon claiming he couldn't go to work or find work because Spurgeon Senior decided he wanted to be at home with Spurpeon's mother - yet he can't be bothered to get up WHEN HE DOESN"T HAVE A JOB 

the name is done for me - these people ARE WEIRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

just saw the announcement and had to come here bc all I see/hear in my mind is ol' Meechelle at the homeshcool conference with the 4yr old Seewald spawn and her saying in her sweet baby voice "Spurgeon, honey, don't make that boy eat sand. Spurgey! Thank you." *shudder*

starting to understand the reason many countries place restrictions on what parents are allowed to call their children...anyway, on to reading all of you guys' snarky comments 

You know it's bad when the drunk and high kids on 16 and Pregnant did better than you when naming their children.

i guess that's one way to get comments on a people mag story, Jessa.

Is this real life?  That can't actually be his name!  Maybe having 19 siblings with the same letter pushed her overboard finding a name that no one in their right mind would ever use again!  Congrats baby Seewald you're one of a kind!

I'm amazed. They created the worst name ever for a baby. Astonishing.

Hope the kid doesn't develop a lisp, especially a splattery daffy duck lisp.

One of my kids still has a tiny lisp, he's outgrown most of it but I'm totally asking him to say Spurgeon Seewald tomorrow!!

PS: I was most definitely waiting for them to say "his name is Sturgeon Elliot Seewald....pause....just kidding." There'll be a follow up video though right?

The countdown to the announcement of the impending arrival of Spurgeon's little sister, Scurvy Elizabeth, has begun.

Spurge and Scurve!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived