IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What. the actual. fuck.

Following up on my original suggestion, this seems to be "actual proof my parents are morons" Seawald.

Try to keep a straight face while yelling, "SPURGEON ELLIOT SEEWALD,  get down here, right now!" 

:cracking-up:

i saw the link on the fj fb and had to come over here...are they fucking serious?

although, the look on my fiance's face when i told him was fucking priceless, so...worth it?

Does anyone else think Spurgeon's name was not announced until now is because the Seewalds and Duggars were begging Benessa not to burden the kid with that godawful name?

I sincerely hope so. I still want to beg them to change it. I had a boss that asked me if I had ever wondered what the initial W in his daughter's name stood for. She went by W. Middle name last name. Was stunned to hear it was Wildcat. No wonder she goes by her middle name and this is worse. Poor Spurgeon. 

Spurgeon is a pain to say and type out. Imma call him Spongebob

Just got back from the Gawker comments.  Imma leave this here.  

Spurgeon Seewald sounds like a skin condition that sailors get.

I love your avatar picture! It's the look I can imagine we all had on our faces when we heard the name. 

Elliot Seewald is perfectly nice. At least he has that option.

Goodness, what a hideous name. It's hilariously vile. How weird and Victorian sounding in a bad way. Either little Spurgeon is going to be a steampunk badass or he's going to be the dullest, smuggest kid on the block. 

I would laugh at a resume or business card that said "Spurgeon Seewald". I guess Ben and Jessa never thought of that sort of thing

Try to keep a straight face while yelling, "Spurgeon Elliot Seewald, get down here, right now!" 

:cracking-up:

I can't keep a straight face trying to imagine even saying "Spurgeon" out loud.

I like Charles Spurgeon, and Spurgeon would have been a fine middle name...  Ben's comment about the kid having to live with the name his whole life seems kinda fuuny now.

I can't believe we waited a whole week for this.  I really hope their parents spent the week trying to talk them out of it.

OH MY GOD. Short of the weirdo who named his kid Adolf Hitler (the recent one, not the original), this is the worst baby name I have ever heard. I think I almost had an orgasm from how happy this fuckery makes me. Life is good. 'Cept for poor Spurge. Sounds like slang for semen.

SPURGEON?!  You all have to be kidding me, right?  No, you're not.  twinmama, you said what I was going to say, only more briefly and to the point.  

Not only is this one of the worst names I've heard, it's one of the worst fundie names I've heard.  And with it being almost certain that this poor kid will receive a less than stellar education at the SOTDRT with Jessa as his teacher, the unkind plays (right word?) on his middle name (just think about it) will start in about yay many years... 

Poor little Spurgie.  He's even going to get teased at the dining room table school by his future siblings Reinhold Niebuhr Seewald, Franklin Graham Seewald and WIlliam Gothard Seewald.

FFS, Ben and Jessa.  "Cotton Mather Seewald"  would have been a better name than "Spurgeon"

Wow. Just wow. The really weird part is supposedly it was the MIDDLE name they were having trouble deciding on???

Congrats Ben and Jessa, you have now joined if not passed the ranks of Pilot Inspektor, Rainbow Aurora, and Bronx Mowgli for worst baby names ever. Save for Elliott, the one saving grace for that poor kid.

If he did go to school... If he did join the high school football team... If this family had an endearing sense of humour... Teenaged Spurgeon's nickname could be "Spurge the Urge". 

Tomorrow is the one week-a-versary of the birth of the Golden Seewald Boychild, and so far he remains nameless. Not even a People Magazine cover could prompt Blessa and Bin to make up their damn minds already. But you can be assured that Jessa does not need to Google herself to feel validated. :roll:

LOL.   Back in the 70's my family had a dog AKC registered under the name Seashell Golden Child.  (We called him variants of Seash or Seashi).  :face_dog:

This is a really sad example of Jessa submitting to her headship, I think. This all just stinks of Ben. Spurgeon is one of his personal inspirations for his "preaching"

Dafuq?! These dumbasses. This poor child has idiot grifters for parents and now a name that sounds like a fish/disease/occupation.

Probably Bin's idea because he thinks he's a religious scholar.

My daughters name is unique but not weird, or unheard of, but she often signs things online "the kid who never had a keychain with her name on it"  She is, in fact the ONLY child in the entire district with her name, so I can put just her 1st name on anything for her and everyone knows who she is. 

I feel her pain.  I could never find anything with my name on it either.  :pb_cry:

Poor little Spurgie.  He's even going to get teased at the dining room table school by his future siblings Reinhold Niebuhr Seewald, Franklin Graham Seewald and WIlliam Gothard Seewald.

FFS, Ben and Jessa.  "Cotton Mather Seewald"  would have been a better name than "Spurgeon"

Don't forget li'l Pat Robertson Seewald--P.R. for short.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived