IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

Here's the clip talking about where they got the (horrible) name. And yeah...they must be living in the pool house.

I don't think they're living there, just recording there. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my hell.  Is it scary that I knew the derivation of Baby Fish Lips' names?

(think I need to step away from the FJ kook-aid ...)

What does happen if the parents just don't name their baby? Do they get stuck with something like "Baby boy [parents' surname]" as their legal name?

It wouldn't surprise me if they're too sheltered to even know what a sturgeon is and how silly it sounds to name a kid that with one letter different. And plus whatever to everyone wondering why that couldn't be the middle name.

I'm confused about the pool house. Since when do they have a pool? What are you people talking about when you say pool house? The Duggars don't go swimming! 

A Sturgeon is a type of fish (well, a name for a series of species of fish).

If I thought Ben was a stoner before, I am convinced of it now.

"BABY FISH MOUTH! BABY FISH MOUTH!" 

I'm laughing so fucking hard at this.

ETA: So how does this name rank on the Bradrick! scale?

At first I couldn't stop laughing. Now I just feel bad. Born into the Duggar family and named Spurgeon. Damn, what a start to life.

Charles Spurgeon is a theologian. They've said they're doing a heroes of the faith theme.

If they're going with a heroes theme can't they just go with superheroes?

Batman Wayne Seewald

Ironman Steve Seewald

Tony Hawkeye Seewald

Clark Hulk Seewald.

Captain America Superman Seewald

And to think I almost didn't hate Jessa and Bin quite as much in the last week because of the post birth emergency and precious new baby. They are so snark worthy. Ugh. And Baby Fish Mouth!  Yee haw!

Now I am going to think of Anne of Green Gables Moody Spuregon with his googly eyes. Good lord! 

My first thought when I saw the name was, "Didn't Moody Spurgeon MacPherson grow up to be a Presbyterian minister in 'Anne of Green Gables'?!?"

I'm confused about the pool house. Since when do they have a pool? What are you people talking about when you say pool house? The Duggars don't go swimming! 

The Duggars own a house with a pool that Jill and Derick stayed in during their visit, and we assume Anna and the M-kids may have been staying there also. The recent filming (interviews and such) has all taken place there.

I showed Blessa's video to my 'headship' just due to the name. He knows nothing about the Duggars and he literally goes "Why didnt they just name it Charles then??"

Now he's laughing at me as I type this.

The Duggars own a house with a pool that Jill and Derick stayed in during their visit, and we assume Anna and the M-kids may have been staying there also. The recent filming (interviews and such) has all taken place there.

Thanks for the clarification! I was thinking that it was an actual pool house, like next to a pool. Lol. 

I told my husband what the name was. I told him what Jessa told People, "We wanted to give him a strong name, with a lot of meaning." My husband quickly replied, "Nothing builds character like a shitty name!" Touche. 

Here's the clip talking about where they got the (horrible) name. And yeah...they must be living in the pool house.

There's a dent in the refrigerator due to someone hitting it after hearing the name.

All I have left to say is this:

This was THE perfect day to join FJ.

Santa - you can skip my house.  I just got the Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.

Splurgin' Element Seewald

Sturgeon Eel SeaWorld

Splurge-on 'E'll-eat-it Seeweed

Seems Everyone's Snickering

Such Enigmatic Seewalds

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived