IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope they took so long picking the middle name because even they know there's no way you can call a child Spurgeon.

#babyelliot #babyspelliot

Dh: "are you watching Duggar clips again?  Every time you do that you lose IQ points."  

Me:  "They named their new baby Spurgeon"

Dh:  "Because the sperm came from a virgin?" 

LOL!

It doesn't look like Ben was too thrilled about the name. 

Why couldn't they have named him Elliot Spurgeon Seewald 

They wouldn't have gotten NEARLY as much attention if they had named him Elliot. People will be talking about Spurgeon for days.

1. I hereby volunteer to be the full-time employee of the Ministry of Silly Names.

2. My Canine Headship keeps defrauding me tonight.  It has been storming here, and she doesn't like to go outside to potty and get her pinkie-winkies wet.

3.  Y'all are better than my ungodly anti-depressants.  You make me belly laugh so hard!  (Even scares the Canine.)

i'm going to watch the specials just to see what they call him in real life. 

i want to see any of the other duggars on video saying that name with a straight face. 

You know, CS Lewis was a pretty famous theologian. Even Lewis would be 10x's better than Spurgeon, or Luther after Martin Luther,  or Wesley after John or Charles Wesley, or Graham after Billy Graham. So many other possibilities and they go with Spurgeon. 

Can we just go back and pretend he hasn't been named yet? I cannot understand how they think this is a good name for this poor kid.  The only advantage of it is that it makes Israel look pretty normal.

Like a Spurgeon for the very first time... I'd Pay Amy to sing that song to him lol 

It doesn't look like Ben was too thrilled about the name. 

Why couldn't they have named him Elliot Spurgeon Seewald 

Maybe that is what they couldn't decide on?  I guess maybe Bin tried to have a set and show his headship, and Jessa put her foot down and stepped all over his headship. 

Jessa and Ben have just joined the list of celebrities who gave their kids crazy names for the notoriety (see: Moon Unit Zappa, North West, etc.)

Plus, they can feel confident that if Spurgeon ever applies for a job, the potential employer likely won't take him seriously, with a name like that. Gotta keep that kid working for the cult, not a secular employer!

I have a high tolerance for weird names but, no. That name is horrible and Jessa and Ben deserve all the mocking that will come their way over this.

I'm actually surprised that Jessa would go for something so ugly.

Probably chosen by her headship and god 'led her to submit to his choice'. 

Are they going with the whole trend of celebrities naming their babies weird things, like Apple, Blanket, and Otter? 

I think Otter is sort of hilarious for a middle name -- there is nothing cute about Spurgeon. I just saw a comment on Instagram "Baby Spurgeon :my_heart:" and OMG -- how can you put a heart after that??

OH MY GOD. Short of the weirdo who named his kid Adolf Hitler (the recent one, not the original), this is the worst baby name I have ever heard. I think I almost had an orgasm from how happy this fuckery makes me. Life is good. 'Cept for poor Spurge. Sounds like slang for semen.

bahaha... i really agree twinmama! wow. just wow. They definitely should've taken another week to choose a name... and to think the delay was to decide on the MIDDLE name?!?! wtf? :huh:

This is the most horrible baby name I have ever heard, hands down.  Are they going to call him Spurg for short? Reminds me of splooge.  Splooge Seewald.

Had to use my first post on this one!  What the hell kind of name is Spurgeon?  What would the nickname possibly be for this name?

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived