IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I am going to think of Anne of Green Gables Moody Spuregon with his googly eyes. Good lord! 

I am so glad someone mentioned him. In the books, Moody Spurgeon MacPherson's mother wanted so badly for him to be a minister that she named him after 2 of them.

On Jessa's bookface, someone asked if he would go by Spurgeon or Elliot.  Jessa eeplied "Both, but everybody still calls him Quincy."

If they just all call him Quincy, why not just fucking name him Quincy???

Also, I hope that this kid hates his name and everything it stands for so much it causes a huge rift between him and his family and he leaves as soon as he's legally able to.

Spooge is a meth-head name. A really bad one. Poor kid.

Jesse: Okay. So they got names?

Skinny Pete: Hers is like, I dunno, she's just this woman is all. Him, they call Spooge.

Jesse: Spooge? Not Mad Dog? Not Diesel? So lemme get this straight, you got jacked by a man named Spooge?

Spurgeon is up there with North, Rocket, Apple, Pilot Inspektor, Blue Ivy, Shiloh, Moxie Crimefighter and Moon Unit. No Emily's or Jacobs for the celebrity crowd. The Duggars really think they're in that crowd! 

On Jessa's bookface, someone asked if he would go by Spurgeon or Elliot.  Jessa eeplied "Both, but everybody still calls him Quincy."  I bet he's called Quincy for the rest of his life.

This child will be so confused.......

Did I hear baby fish mouth earlier??

YAS. I'm glad the reference wasn't lost. Once someone mentioned fish lips this is right where my brain went. My fav. 

I told the headship. He muttered some expletives and then said, "spoogin!" 

From the People video/article: Ben was in agreement on taking time to really consider name options: "He is going to have this name for the rest of his life," the doting dad said.

Yeah, no...he will have it until he moves out and can legally CHANGE it. Poor kid.

Zowie Bowie is now Duncan Jones.

I guess a silver lining could be that the name alone gets him to jump ship as soon as he is old enough so he can go get it changed to Tom or Pete.  I'm having a vision of a young man just shy of 18 years from now reading this thread on the forever-net, smoking a joint and laughing his ass off in agreement.

I have a dear friend that I thought cursed a couple of her kids with terrible names. I feel like I should apologize immediately. I had no idea what terrible meant until the Duggar daughters started naming their spawn. 

And this is why I can't wait to see various Duggars talk about him. Bet they all call him Baby Seewald, or Jessa's baby.

now hearing her say "the baby" on the 911 call makes me think thank you sweet Jesus we had a week without the name. 

Ok I just saw this on ONTD and I swear I thought it was a joke. She says that his nickname is Quincy but like where did that come from.... how does that tie into Spurgeon Elliot? Is it just a random name she pilled out of the air and says "aw that's a cute fake name we'll use in place of the hideous legal name we will chose."

Well, she topped Jill again, this time in the "wtf  did they name him that" category. Israel doesn't sound so bad now, does it? 
 Holy crap. Poor child. ugh.

Or EVER finding a keychain and/or souvenir with his name on it......

My kids have less common but still relatively normal names and only one of them has ever found their name on something (which of course, I was forced to buy just because of the novelty) - none of them are really that upset by it.  This however had always been everyone's #1 concern... which is just stupid.  

I didn't want my kids to be one of 15 Aidans (and various derivatives) in their class each year... and all of mine are happy with their names, and only my oldest has ever had another kid in the same school with the same first name... the other two probably never will and that's okay :)

Funnier than Spurgeon Elliot Seewald?

Yes, actually.  Spurgeon is just way out there as a first name.

On the other hand, a theologian who is a dead ringer for Tim Allen,  I find incredibly amusing! 

wow, it's now just sinking in...I would have pegged Benessa as one of those couples who pick biblical names that are kind of "trendy" like "Noah"...but then on the other hand I am not surprised. They both seem to have a super Kool Aid buzz. Ben seemed super thrilled in the video (not)...is he on valium or just stoned? Oh wait...zyrtec...right. Someone grab him the non-drowsy kind on the way back home. 

I wonder if you change your mind how easy is it for parents to legally change their kids' name...not that they would ever admit that they made a "mistake"...oh God has jokes.

I told my husband what the name was. I told him what Jessa told People, "We wanted to give him a strong name, with a lot of meaning." My husband quickly replied, "Nothing builds character like a shitty name!" Touche. 

Yeah!  Your husband has the right idea.  This is their version of "A Boy Named Sue."

I am hoping, however, that any adopting agency will see this as a readiness to inflict cruel and unusual punishment on children and won't let the Seewalds adopt.  (I am assuming after this labor Jessa will be even more interested in adopting.)

wow, it's now just sinking in...I would have pegged Benessa as one of those couples who pick biblical names that are kind of "trendy" like "Noah"...but then on the other hand I am not surprised. They both seem to have a super Kool Aid buzz. Ben seemed super thrilled in the video (not)...is he on valium or just stoned? Oh wait...zyrtec...right. Someone grab him the non-drowsy kind on the way back home. 

I wonder if you change your mind how easy is it for parents to legally change their kids' name...not that they would ever admit that they made a "mistake"...oh God has jokes.

Noah would have been a million times better.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived