IGNORED

Spurgeon? Jessa's Poor Baby Part 2

happy atheist

Original thread title: TBA Seewald Part 2: One Nameless Week and Counting!

Tomorrow is the one week-a-versary of the birth of the Golden Seewald Boychild, and so far he remains nameless. Not even a People Magazine cover could prompt Blessa and Bin to make up their damn minds already. But you can be assured that Jessa does not need to Google herself to feel validated. :roll:

Previously on Those Smug Seewalds:

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24357-jessa-duggar-seewald-pt-6-still-smug-still-pregnant/

Interest in these clowns must really be waning. I started the last thread when she gave birth and it took almost a whole week to need a part 2.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow is the one week-a-versary of the birth of the Golden Seewald Boychild, and so far he remains nameless. Not even a People Magazine cover could prompt Blessa and Bin to make up their damn minds already. But you can be assured that Jessa does not need to Google herself to feel validated. :roll:

Previously on Those Smug Seewalds:

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24357-jessa-duggar-seewald-pt-6-still-smug-still-pregnant/

Interest in these clowns must really be waning. I started the last thread when she gave birth and it took almost a whole week to need a part 2.

It's cause we don't have a name to snark on. If baby Seewald had name, the boards would be on fire with all the ways it's a terrible name ;)

It's cause we don't have a name to snark on. If baby Seewald had name, the boards would be on fire with all the ways it's a terrible name ;)

Yeah once the name comes, it might really get interesting! 

Yeah once the name comes, it might really get interesting! 

It's going to be something so anti-climactic, I bet. We'll have little to snark on because it will be so boring. Come on, Jessa, you're my source of procrastination when I'm supposed to be doing research!

Quoted from previous thread:

Yes, if a man with hemophilia has a child with a woman who is a carrier then any children they have, boys or girls, will have a 50% chance of having hemophilia as well. (Right? A girl would either be a carrier or have hemophilia, and since boys can't be carriers a boy would either have it or not.)

Interesting - that makes sense.  Am guessing it is pretty rare.  I knew an elderly lady who had a brother with haemophilia and therefore decided not to have children but got pregnant by accident and he was a sufferer.  She was the one who told me about it being only male but I understand what you are saying. 

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that it is extremely unlikely that Jessa is a haemophiliac unless Jim-Bob has kept his disorder very secret and Michelle is also a carrier.  Unlikely!!

If they have 10 days from birth to figure out a name, that gives us 4 more days of waiting. Jeeeeeez. Out with it already, Benessa!

PennySycamore

I don't know if Jessa has risked out of future home birth because of her postpartum hemorrhage or not, but it can't be a point in her favor.  On the other hand, Jill most definitely risked out of future home birth.  Even most staunchly pro-VBAC people would agree with that.  VBAC is low-risk, but not no-risk.

I doubt it will stop Jill or Jessa or whom ever is the next daughter.  MEchelle had Jinger at home and this was after she had 1 c/section. 

I vote we call him Baby Seaweed Seewald.  

God gave us seaweed, right? Sounds good to me!

He's lucky he was born with hair, otherwise I'd suggest Bald Seewald.

He's lucky he was born with hair, otherwise I'd suggest Bald Seewald.

This is what happens when you don't give us a name, Benessa!

Oh, wait, they don't google themselves for validation.  My mistake! ;)

Yes, if a man with hemophilia has a child with a woman who is a carrier then any children they have, boys or girls, will have a 50% chance of having hemophilia as well. (Right? A girl would either be a carrier or have hemophilia, and since boys can't be carriers a boy would either have it or not.)

Interesting - that makes sense.  Am guessing it is pretty rare.  I knew an elderly lady who had a brother with haemophilia and therefore decided not to have children but got pregnant by accident and he was a sufferer.  She was the one who told me about it being only male but I understand what you are saying. 

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that it is extremely unlikely that Jessa is a haemophiliac unless Jim-Bob has kept his disorder very secret and Michelle is also a carrier.  Unlikely!!

The thing about hemophilia is that the gene for it is carried on the x chromosome. Boys only have one x chromosome so if they get the gene, they get the disorder. Girls have two, so they need to get the gene from both parents to have the disorder. If they only get one copy they are a carrier and can pass it to their children but won't show any symptoms themselves. That's why it (and other x-linked disorders) is much more common in boys than girls. 

The More You Know ~~~*

Don't mention hemophilia; Jessa will become convinced that she's a modern-day Queen Victoria.

And speaking of that (tangent, I know, but what else is there to talk about?), there was someone on Tumblr at some point who compared the Duggar kids with the Romanov kids. I think Jana was Olga (quiet, demure, motherly), Jessa was Tatiana (the "pretty one", domineering/natural leader, deeply religious), Joy was Maria (felt out of place with the other sisters, generous, sweet-natured), Jinger was Anastasia (quirky, "wild child", artistic, spunky, everyone seems to like her more than the other sisters), and Josie was Alexei (sweet, but very spoiled due to being so sickly, and very clearly mom's favorite).

So, Mama MEchelle was over and made omelettes for the new parents.   She wrote on the plates - Mommy Jessa and Daddy Ben.     On PAPER PLATES.   
What the hell is it with the paper plates for that family?    Even with people over to help with the baby are they using so many dishes that washing is a big deal? 

Sorry - but I feel that food on a paper plate just doesn't appeal.   Ok, a PB&J on those cheap plates.  But if you have to use them for a meal can't you at least get some decent stuff?    Sheeshh

The thing about hemophilia is that the gene for it is carried on the x chromosome. Boys only have one x chromosome so if they get the gene, they get the disorder. Girls have two, so they need to get the gene from both parents to have the disorder. If they only get one copy they are a carrier and can pass it to their children but won't show any symptoms themselves. That's why it (and other x-linked disorders) is much more common in boys than girls. 

The More You Know ~~~*

Also on the topic of hemophilia, Queen Victoria's plan to marry her children to other aristocracy and keep England safe had a rather deleterious effect on Europe. Fascinating to read about, though: http://www.englishmonarchs.co.uk/haemophilia.html

ETA: nastyhobbitses also brought up Queen V!  Clever.  

And what is with the paper plates in that family?  Are they truly that opposed to washing dishes?

So, Mama MEchelle was over and made omelettes for the new parents.   She wrote on the plates - Mommy Jessa and Daddy Ben.     On PAPER PLATES.   
What the hell is it with the paper plates for that family?    Even with people over to help with the baby are they using so many dishes that washing is a big deal? 

Sorry - but I feel that food on a paper plate just doesn't appeal.   Ok, a PB&J on those cheap plates.  But if you have to use them for a meal can't you at least get some decent stuff?    Sheeshh

Their excessive use of paper plates makes my skin crawl.  I'm fairly certain none of them own a set of dishes.  There is no reason, Jessa or Jill would be hard pressed to feed their family with a standard set of Corelle ware, that stuff is durable and best of all CHEAP.  I have 3 sets (for a total of 12 places settings) More than enough for my family of 4. 

Also on the topic of hemophilia, Queen Victoria's plan to marry her children to other aristocracy and keep England safe had a rather deleterious effect on Europe. Fascinating to read about, though: http://www.englishmonarchs.co.uk/haemophilia.html

ETA: nastyhobbitses also brought up Queen V!  Clever.  

And what is with the paper plates in that family?  Are they truly that opposed to washing dishes?

Great minds think alike! 

I can get paper plates when you're having a huge party and just can't be bothered/can't afford to rent out crockery, but every day? Hell to the no. So wasteful, and everything will get soggy so quickly!

I wouldn't want someone writing on a plate that my food is on.

I've had someone write with chocolate sauce (Happy Anniversary on a dessert plate at a restaurant). That's fine. Sharpie on a paper plate is gross. Sharpies smell gross and I wouldn't want that next to my food. 

Paper plates are God's gift to the college students' world...I would like to think that once I have a family, I'll be using "real" plates. But I seriously don't think using paper plates in general is a horrible thing...not sure about the writing on the plates plus leaving them on a stove though.

It's going to be something so anti-climactic, I bet. We'll have little to snark on because it will be so boring. Come on, Jessa, you're my source of procrastination when I'm supposed to be doing research!

Something like James William Seewald would be anticlimatic after a week's wait.  On the other hand, maybe their theme is names with the unusual letter of the alphabet so Quincy (and its a hard choice between Xavier, Zander or Youseff) Seewald

Something like James William Seewald would be anticlimatic after a week's wait.  On the other hand, maybe their theme is names with the unusual letter of the alphabet so Quincy (and its a hard choice between Xavier, Zander or Youseff) Seewald

Honestly, I really hope that Quincy is and remains a joke name only. Quincy Seewald has a terrible flow.

Asa Stephen Seewald.

Alexander Seth Seewald

Aden Samuel Seewald

Adam Scott Seewald

You see where I'm going with this...?

Maybe she'll pick a name in a language that uses a non-Roman writing system and insist that no one transliterate it. Everyone, meet 徒有虚名 (unwarranted fame) Seewald.

I just hope it was Michelle and not Jana who made those lackluster omelets, because if it was Jana, then that is not a ringing endorsement to potential Prince Charmings advertising her aptitude as a homemaker helpmeet, and I for one do not wish to see her stuck at the TTH making subpar omelets for the howlers much longer.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived