IGNORED

Colorado with the Moodys

fiery redhead

Maybe i'm late on this but i've realized that all of the posts about Sarah get a lot of comments... Imagine if Sarah got married... C'mon Steve marry that girl, the blog would explode!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O m g check out the comments a free jigger got thru !, can you spot the comment?

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Oh my lol. I wonder if Steve will be able to figure out which one it is, him not being up on pop culture and all.:pb_lol:

Seriously?  Sarah did not know the answer to that?  Makes you realize how little she has invested in her own books.  I honestly think writing them is a chore and the world of the Moodys is not one she enjoys revisiting.

Looks like first place prize for winning the trivia contest was a box of M&Ms.  And did you guys see that giant pitcher of sprinkles?  Holly cow that's a lot of sprinkles; they must put them on everything.  I've never seen sprinkles mixed in withe cookie dough before.  I noticed that they left some of the cookies unfrosted so you could have your choice: sugar cookies with frosting or sugar cookies without frosting.  Hope everyone loves sugar cookies.

Also what's up with the goggles?  I noticed the ABC girls wearing goggles to pick up sticks.  Do the adults seriously imagine that they would poke their eyes out?

My sister-in-law scratched her cornea twice this year doing yard work and she's in her 40's.

Seriously?  Sarah did not know the answer to that?  Makes you realize how little she has invested in her own books.  I honestly think writing them is a chore and the world of the Moodys is not one she enjoys revisiting.

Looks like first place prize for winning the trivia contest was a box of M&Ms.  And did you guys see that giant pitcher of sprinkles?  Holly cow that's a lot of sprinkles; they must put them on everything.  I've never seen sprinkles mixed in withe cookie dough before.  I noticed that they left some of the cookies unfrosted so you could have your choice: sugar cookies with frosting or sugar cookies without frosting.  Hope everyone loves sugar cookies.

Also what's up with the goggles?  I noticed the ABC girls wearing goggles to pick up sticks.  Do the adults seriously imagine that they would poke their eyes out?

My sister-in-law scratched her cornea twice this year doing yard work and she's in her 40's.

Yeah, as someone who split my own eyebrow open smacking myself in the face with a remote I am a big believer in goggles. Although I should wear them all the time (which is funny because I have a pair on my head right now - because I'm at work and they were handy and i didn't have a headband.  :) )

I was thinking of Sarah driving on her own on my way home from class last night.

1. Do they purchase cars without radios? So the driver is not tempted to turn on the radio and listen to anything not daddy approved. Because even Christian stations may not be the right kind of Christian and there are 2 Catholic radio stations (that I could quickly find) in the greater Kansas City area.

2. How can you be so brainwashed not to go for ice cream on your own, or go to a library or listen to a radio when you are on your own? I am not even talking about evil things these are things goody-two-shoes in the 1950s would have done on their own or with a friend! (Obviously we don't know if they don't do these things when they are on their own but considering they are to have a partner at all times...)

This family makes me very sad and it makes me want to Gibbs Slap* dad and mom for everything.

*Gibbs slap- What Gibbs (played by Mark Harmon) does on NCIS to DiNozzo (played by Michael Weatherly) when DiNozzo does something stupid.

They need more than a Gibbs slap...those are affectionate.  

Maybe i'm late on this but i've realized that all of the posts about Sarah get a lot of comments... Imagine if Sarah got married... C'mon Steve marry that girl, the blog would explode!

I've also noticed this. And here's a thought. Do you think Steve could handle the fact that someone other than himself would hold centre-stage? I can see a number of things going on here that, assuming Stevehova were a 'malignant Narcissist' (yes, apparently it's a thing), could turn horribly wrong for the women/girls in that family.

1)Anna Marie has an idea. WAIT, WHAT? She had an idea? What, like, independent thinking? Initiative?!? That'd make her a leader and you can't have that sort of disgusting transgender travesty in a decent, Godly home.

2) This idea is to celebrate someone and that someone isn't Steve. I'm inclined to think the constant Bible studying is done to ensure that at least a father is worshipped and celebrated at all times. And I have no doubt, again provided Steve had a real PD, that he sublimates his fake self to identify with God. Whoever thought of the term Stevehova, well done.

3)The rest of the female members (well, except one sister-in-law...mmmh, wonder why?) pitch in and conspire to keep it a secret. In order to do so, some of the male underlings get involved. Eve tempting Adam to sin, anyone? I'm sure Steve was told and knew they were not conspiring against him, what the hell, they were actually not conspiring at all, just keeping a nice surprise secret. BUT a paranoid, pathologically twisted mind would ask: how can you be certain that, once they've realised how successful they were at keeping something secret, they will not do this againg and again and again behind your back?

I imagine an actual, full-blown, pathologically disfunctional patriarch would be sure to (more or less openly) punish those involved in this terrible act of free will. Now, I wonder, what will Steve do?

How did it all end? Was there an ending, or was it just like every other Moody book and nothing to suggest this was the final story.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sarah ended the books on a really non fundie note. Like if they decided to have the dad lose his job and starts making his living through less than legal means, such as stealing and selling drugs. Eventually the parents divorce over the dad's Ashley Madison account and general dickishness, and the mom abusing alcohol to treat her undiagnosed depression. She is unable to cope after they divorce, the kids end up in foster care due to neglect and an unfortunate picture uploaded to Max's Facebook account of little Melissa holding a crack pipe.

Or, to celebrate Halloween, killed them all off gruesomely when they meet a serial killer while hiking in Colorado.

I'm not sure why she's ending the series ... it could go on forever! And it seems there are actually people who are buying the stuff!

Apparently the last Moody book ends with a look ten years into the future.

I am really interested in what future she writes for Molly. Molly is supposed to be about ten in the books, right? So 20 years old ten years in the future. I wonder if Sarah will marry her off or not. 

2 things.  Didn't Harry Potter end with a flash forward?  So, which Maxwell read the Potter books?

Secondly, my bet is that it ends with the oldest boy getting married and moving into one of the neighbor's houses with his new bride, and the family weeping themselves sick that the family has broken up, even though his marriage is a blessing.... 

2 things.  Didn't Harry Potter end with a flash forward?  So, which Maxwell read the Potter books?

Secondly, my bet is that it ends with the oldest boy getting married and moving into one of the neighbor's houses with his new bride, and the family weeping themselves sick that the family has broken up, even though his marriage is a blessing.... 

Funny, when my older siblings got married the only tears shed were due to trampling each other as the rest of us ran to get dibs on their room.

(I always lost and was never the trampler and always the tramplee...damn giant age gaps)

How did it all end? Was there an ending, or was it just like every other Moody book and nothing to suggest this was the final story.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sarah ended the books on a really non fundie note. Like if they decided to have the dad lose his job and starts making his living through less than legal means, such as stealing and selling drugs. Eventually the parents divorce over the dad's Ashley Madison account and general dickishness, and the mom abusing alcohol to treat her undiagnosed depression. She is unable to cope after they divorce, the kids end up in foster care due to neglect and an unfortunate picture uploaded to Max's Facebook account of little Melissa holding a crack pipe.

Or, to celebrate Halloween, killed them all off gruesomely when they meet a serial killer while hiking in Colorado.

I'm not sure why she's ending the series ... it could go on forever! And it seems there are actually people who are buying the stuff!

Apparently the last Moody book ends with a look ten years into the future.

I am really interested in what future she writes for Molly. Molly is supposed to be about ten in the books, right? So 20 years old ten years in the future. I wonder if Sarah will marry her off or not. 

I'm thinking they probably had a few conversations about it. If Molly stays home and tends to Mr. Moody, that gives Sarah an opportunity to "minister" to other stay-at-home daughters. Show someone being content and all that. Or Molly could be married off and that shows the "proper" way to do something. 

I am also intrigued...why end the series here? Sadly, it's not like it couldn't get any better.

Has writing children books become an idol?:32:

Were the book sales bringing in more money than the boys' various business-on-romp endeavours?? :5624795ddab2a_32(34):God forbid, that surely contravenes God's commandment to man to be the sole bread-winner.

Regarding the how, my money is on the Rapture:56247956409be_32(13):That's the ONLY happy ending that counts (if you're the right kind of Christian, that is).

I've also noticed this. And here's a thought. Do you think Steve could handle the fact that someone other than himself would hold centre-stage? I can see a number of things going on here that, assuming Stevehova were a 'malignant Narcissist' (yes, apparently it's a thing), could turn horribly wrong for the women/girls in that family.

1)Anna Marie has an idea. WAIT, WHAT? She had an idea? What, like, independent thinking? Initiative?!? That'd make her a leader and you can't have that sort of disgusting transgender travesty in a decent, Godly home.

2) This idea is to celebrate someone and that someone isn't Steve. I'm inclined to think the constant Bible studying is done to ensure that at least a father is worshipped and celebrated at all times. And I have no doubt, again provided Steve had a real PD, that he sublimates his fake self to identify with God. Whoever thought of the term Stevehova, well done.

3)The rest of the female members (well, except one sister-in-law...mmmh, wonder why?) pitch in and conspire to keep it a secret. In order to do so, some of the male underlings get involved. Eve tempting Adam to sin, anyone? I'm sure Steve was told and knew they were not conspiring against him, what the hell, they were actually not conspiring at all, just keeping a nice surprise secret. BUT a paranoid, pathologically twisted mind would ask: how can you be certain that, once they've realised how successful they were at keeping something secret, they will not do this againg and again and again behind your back?

I imagine an actual, full-blown, pathologically disfunctional patriarch would be sure to (more or less openly) punish those involved in this terrible act of free will. Now, I wonder, what will Steve do?

Ok, so I know this wasn't the point of your post, but I think Anna meant to write "God laid it on Anna Marie's heart to pray about throwing Sarah a surprise party." I sure hope Teri or Sarah corrected her. You can't go around letting people think they come up with their own positive thoughts.

Gosh...just looking at those party pictures, the Maxwell's live in the most boring world ever. Everything is a shade of beige. The sprinkles container was shocking! Color!

On a different note (and I hesitate to say this because I do feel Sarah...well, all the Maxgirls have actually very little to say with regards to their clothes), isn't Sarah wearing a particularly frumpy outfit? The sheer amout of fabric around the hips and waistline and the full skirt give her an unflattering pyramid shape, much like the infamous green loose top discussed here a few weeks ago (it's from one of the posts of their recent trip). I remember Teri commenting once, I think in one her Mom's corners, that Sarah had managed to develop a really nice sense of style...:my_cry:

Their whole lives are spent with each other. How can they so enjoy such "special" gatherings? They're all the same!

Because they literally have nothing else to enjoy.  It's either read the bible, do work, or spend time together as a family.  It's like Tom Hanks with the volleyball on the island - they've got nothing to enjoy, so they probably do enjoy each other.

What's sad is that they are forced into it, just as they are forced into everything else - so there's no telling if that is what they would have preferred.  I love my siblings because I love them, not because that's my only choice.

I guess the enjoyment in these "special" gatherings is that they are not having to clean the ceiling fans and kitchen cabinets yet again. But how much can they talk to each other? There is nothing new in their lives. Even if one of them did have a new, interesting experience, they'd have all been there! Such a strange way to live. Sadly, I'm taking great liberty using the word "live" here.

*Gibbs slap- What Gibbs (played by Mark Harmon) does on NCIS to DiNozzo (played by Michael Weatherly) when DiNozzo does something stupid.

Heh - I definitely got the reference although I don't regularly watch the newer episodes of NCIS (ever since Cote de Pablo left the show).

Funny, when my older siblings got married the only tears shed were due to trampling each other as the rest of us ran to get dibs on their room.

(I always lost and was never the trampler and always the tramplee...damn giant age gaps)

Not to scare anyone, but when I left home and got married, my family did see my leaving as breaking up the family and unhappy that I was not moving in down the street, causing grief and pain.   I kid you not.   That they might have cried over it the next day is entirely possible, I can only imagine how things were in the wake of my leaving.

There's a reason why I call my family Maxwellian. 

Their whole lives are spent with each other. How can they so enjoy such "special" gatherings? They're all the same!

Because they literally have nothing else to enjoy.  It's either read the bible, do work, or spend time together as a family.  It's like Tom Hanks with the volleyball on the island - they've got nothing to enjoy, so they probably do enjoy each other.

What's sad is that they are forced into it, just as they are forced into everything else - so there's no telling if that is what they would have preferred.  I love my siblings because I love them, not because that's my only choice.

I guess the enjoyment in these "special" gatherings is that they are not having to clean the ceiling fans and kitchen cabinets yet again. But how much can they talk to each other? There is nothing new in their lives. Even if one of them did have a new, interesting experience, they'd have all been there! Such a strange way to live. Sadly, I'm taking great liberty using the word "live" here.

I think theirs is a severe case of ritualised performance and disassociation. They know they are having fun because they've been told that people at parties have fun. That's a party. They are people. It follows they must be having fun. If you've been gaslighted and brainwashed often enough and from a sufficiently young age, you are programmed to perform feelings, emotions, desires, not to actually have any. That's where the disassociation occurs: when you disconnect words, symbols, codes from the original referential reality and you attach new meanings to them. The expression on your Dad's face is one of hate and, yet, his lips are mouthing "I love you". Your mother acts as if she couldn't care less about you, but you know that's impossible because everybody knows mothers are loving and nurturing. So, you end up believing that your mother's treatment of you is what love looks and feels like. Remember the joyless smiles on the ABC girls' faces in the post on Teri reading to them? In time, of course, they'll improve their performative skills and their ability to react to stimuli with the correct performative act. Will they allow themselves to feel their actual, spontaneous emotions? Most probably not. Should my reading of the situation be anywhere close to being true, that's as abusive as physical violence.

P.D. However, in this particular case, I believe the very novelty of it all (the secretness combined with the celebration of Sarah's achievements) could have kindled something akin to enjoyment. Which is why I worried earlier on that Steve might do something to put a stop to it and prevent it from happening again.

I see "summersaults" hasn't been corrected and the first line is still "Surprises are a wonderful." Get on that shit, Steve! We proofread your bilge gratis, the least you could do is fix it tout de suite. [snaps fingers]

Nominally related: Earlier today Mr. Cardinal called to tell me that thanks to the extra week in October, the pantry is down to the point where he suggested bean burritos for dinner. I'll have to explain to him later why that prompted a really awkward laugh-cry in public on my part. And why I'm picking up a pizza my own damn self on the way home instead of praying he'll get that memo telepathically. 

Oh yeah!  Forget Kim Kardashian.  Sarah getting married would break the internet!

I was thinking of Sarah driving on her own on my way home from class last night.

1. Do they purchase cars without radios? So the driver is not tempted to turn on the radio and listen to anything not daddy approved. <snip>

2. How can you be so brainwashed not to go for ice cream on your own, or go to a library or listen to a radio when you are on your own?

Two words: Stockholm Syndrome

Oh yeah!  Forget Kim Kardashian.  Sarah getting married would break the internet!

Hahahahahahahaha you're mean!:pb_lol:

I'm very confused as to why they have to "brain storm" the best way to post the trivia.  Is it really that hard????  We figure out how to do it on FJ for every Rapturversary...

Careful, Steve might take that seriously.

It'd sure as hell break my internet. I won't lie, even on days when I'm really busy I check into FJ in the minuscule chance that there's a "Sarah Maxwell is Married!" thread at the top of the page.

And yeah, I just read that back and realized how pathetic it sounds. 

On the subject of Stockholm Syndrome, I found this gem that has probably been snarled on many moons ago, but it is Steve's perfect summary of how all of this is possible 

"Our girls have chosen not to work outside our home, and they have also chosen to live in our home until marriage. They have made those decisions because of the protection and sheltering they have within our home."

Basically, they made the choice by default because there is no such thing as making choices in their house. 

Archived