IGNORED

Colorado with the Moodys

fiery redhead

[...] 

We then played a Moody trivia game that I had written. It had everyone thinking hard and laughing hysterically asthey tried to answer questions like, “Who was Mr. Adams?” Abby was the only one to get that one right.

Seriously?  Sarah did not know the answer to that?  Makes you realize how little she has invested in her own books.  I honestly think writing them is a chore and the world of the Moodys is not one she enjoys revisiting.

[...]

That's what I thought too! Sarah doesn't know her own books? But I read the trivia questions and I can understand how Sarah maybe wouldn't remember some of the minutia, like what color some sweater was. I don't think Sarah is constantly re-reading the earlier Moody books. But Nathan apparently is reading them to his daughters, so he knows.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@‌Paperplate said: "But they already posted the questions!! You can read all of them in the picture they posted of the trivia sheet."

The questions are posted? Aha!  I think we have a perfect example of Maxwell-speak.  So Sarah saying, "Good question. Brainstorming how we might accomplish the trivia questions the best way!" translates as:

"Sorry, but we have to have a family meeting before I post anything on the blog."  I suppose it is fair as Anna wrote the trivia questions but I bet Steve needed to give his OK.

(Damn it!  I keep messing up the quote boxes)

[..snip.]

I loved this response in the comments to requests that they post the Moody trivia game.  It's classic Maxwell tortured sentence structure and they can never just do something, even post a few questions that they have already developed.  They have to brainstorm and complicate everything for themselves first.

Good question. Brainstorming how we might accomplish the trivia questions the best way!

But they already posted the questions!! You can read all of them in the picture they posted of the trivia sheet.

I noticed this too!  Someone (paging @johnhugh?) should type them out and post a comment for Sarah - "Here you go!  Just post this for everyone!"  Why do they have to be so damn complicated?  Oh, I know, because they want to $ell it or have it as a bonus for an order.  

"Order your Tits2 books by October 30 and you'll receive a bonus Moody trivia quiz!"

After dinner, the little ones went outside for a Moody I-J-N (In Jesus’ Name) project, picking up sticks at a widow’s house (aka Gigi’s house).

...woo, party hard!!

And Nathan knows Sarah's books better than she does, which is weird.  

I know, I was just coming here to write the same thing.....

I'm sorry, but that photo of John with one of the girls defrauded me so much I'm off now to take a hot, hot bath...I'd turn for him (fun die christian, that is)

How did it all end? Was there an ending, or was it just like every other Moody book and nothing to suggest this was the final story.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sarah ended the books on a really non fundie note. Like if they decided to have the dad lose his job and starts making his living through less than legal means, such as stealing and selling drugs. Eventually the parents divorce over the dad's Ashley Madison account and general dickishness, and the mom abusing alcohol to treat her undiagnosed depression. She is unable to cope after they divorce, the kids end up in foster care due to neglect and an unfortunate picture uploaded to Max's Facebook account of little Melissa holding a crack pipe.

Or, to celebrate Halloween, killed them all off gruesomely when they meet a serial killer while hiking in Colorado.

This party didn't seem half bad, especially for a Maxwell party, and it was nice that they did something for Sarah.  Abby looks so grown up, and the picture of her hugging Anna was cute.  I wasn't sure if Sarah was allowed to drive, and apparently she is and can go out by herself, which I never would have expected.  Still no pictures of Lydia (I keep forgetting she exists), and no Joseph, Elyssa, and Calia.

ain't no party like a maxwell party because a maxwell party dont stop  is boring as fuck

I'm only surprised that the Maxwells aren't charging for the trivia questions.

Perhaps the Moodys go to the Last Battle?  Heaven instead of Narnia.  Oh, forget that.  Stupid me. Sarah has never read C.S. Lewis. 

Just checked out Rebecca eleventh's blog. She doesn't even have the Maxwell's on her blog list. I have a soft sport for her and am glad she seems to have avoided Maxhell.

I think she's ending the books because the Moody's go for a hike and get eaten by bears!

But, it's OK. They know they are going to heaven.

See ya on the flip side!

I'm glad they did something nice for Sarah.  She always seems to be in the shadows.

There is a picture of Sarah driving. There has been some question if the "girls" had drivers licenses.

In the Keeping Hearts book, Sarah talks about driving - she always has to have a sibling with her, which she joyfully accepts!  Because it holds her accountable, and now she loves her siblings!!

What, does her father think she might steal the car and never return?  I don't think she has that in her.  Wouldn't last long on her own.

Summersaults?  WTF is that?

Well, of course Anna doesn't know how to spell it (and it wasn't caught by Steve, either!).  Somersaults are fun and are probably not allowed once the kids are old enough to master them and enjoy them.  

NO FUN IN MAXWELL!

Fucking Maxwells. I've left three politely worded comments on recent posts asking if they are going to issue more of their books, specifically Hearts and the rest of the Moody books which they are promoting the hell out of, as ebooks. They haven't published any of the comments and they haven't deigned to reply via email, even when I asked if my comments had gone astray.

They've probably got the ebook release scheduled as a big announcement complete with multiple teasers and are treating it as a state secret until then, but they are just so rude and dismissive. For all they know I'm a fan who hangs on their every word. And I am a potential customer - I would buy an ebook of Hearts while I'm not inclined to pay international shipping for a paper copy

Fucking Maxwells. I've left three politely worded comments on recent posts asking if they are going to issue more of their books, specifically Hearts and the rest of the Moody books which they are promoting the hell out of, as ebooks. They haven't published any of the comments and they haven't deigned to reply via email, even when I asked if my comments had gone astray.

They've probably got the ebook release scheduled as a big announcement complete with multiple teasers and are treating it as a state secret until then, but they are just so rude and dismissive. For all they know I'm a fan who hangs on their every word. And I am a potential customer - I would buy an ebook of Hearts while I'm not inclined to pay international shipping for a paper copy

Well, remember these are the people who still have "synergy" and host "webinars", so they are still in denial about electronic books.  Plus, they've already got the books printed so need to offload them!

I'm sorry, but that photo of John with one of the girls defrauded me so much I'm off now to take a hot, hot bath...I'd turn for him (fun die christian, that is)

I see your auto correct changes "fundie" to "fun die" too. So apt when snacking on Maxwells.

ETA: that'd be snarking, not snacking. Damn you, autocorrect.

I see many comments asking for the trivia. I think they are delaying posting them because Steve is trying to figure out if they can make money off of them first.

They have got to figure out new revenue streams! :my_biggrin:

O m g check out the comments a free jigger got thru !, can you spot the comment?

oh my. I got such a chuckle out of that! I am very surprised that made it through when other more innocuous commentary is outright denied. 

I want to know all the rules of hike club too. :my_smile:

I do hike a lot but apparently we are a bad family and haven't created a list of rules except for general stuff like don't stand too close to the edge of a cliff, stay on the trail and don't litter. I suspect the Moody's have a lot more rules than that. 

Steve is just making his family look dumb and/or greedy when he acts like they have to "brainstorm" to figure out a way to share the Moody quiz. I'm pretty sure a five year old could figure out that they could just stick it on the blog for people to print out.  

How did it all end? Was there an ending, or was it just like every other Moody book and nothing to suggest this was the final story.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sarah ended the books on a really non fundie note. Like if they decided to have the dad lose his job and starts making his living through less than legal means, such as stealing and selling drugs. Eventually the parents divorce over the dad's Ashley Madison account and general dickishness, and the mom abusing alcohol to treat her undiagnosed depression. She is unable to cope after they divorce, the kids end up in foster care due to neglect and an unfortunate picture uploaded to Max's Facebook account of little Melissa holding a crack pipe.

Or, to celebrate Halloween, killed them all off gruesomely when they meet a serial killer while hiking in Colorado.

I'm not sure why she's ending the series ... it could go on forever! And it seems there are actually people who are buying the stuff!

Apparently the last Moody book ends with a look ten years into the future.

I'm not sure why she's ending the series ... it could go on forever! And it seems there are actually people who are buying the stuff!

Apparently the last Moody book ends with a look ten years into the future.

"Mollie hitchhiked her way to Seattle, where she found work at a restaurant that makes actual burritos. Mitch ran off to Taiwan, where he abandoned Christianity and became a Buddhist monk in a secluded mountain temple. Dad, arrested about five years before for child neglect and abuse, works in the prison kitchen, where his nickname is Jesus Freak."

I was thinking of Sarah driving on her own on my way home from class last night.

1. Do they purchase cars without radios? So the driver is not tempted to turn on the radio and listen to anything not daddy approved. Because even Christian stations may not be the right kind of Christian and there are 2 Catholic radio stations (that I could quickly find) in the greater Kansas City area.

2. How can you be so brainwashed not to go for ice cream on your own, or go to a library or listen to a radio when you are on your own? I am not even talking about evil things these are things goody-two-shoes in the 1950s would have done on their own or with a friend! (Obviously we don't know if they don't do these things when they are on their own but considering they are to have a partner at all times...)

This family makes me very sad and it makes me want to Gibbs Slap* dad and mom for everything.

*Gibbs slap- What Gibbs (played by Mark Harmon) does on NCIS to DiNozzo (played by Michael Weatherly) when DiNozzo does something stupid.

Archived