IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 6 - Still Smug, Still Pregnant

happy atheist

You guys, I am laughing so hard right now. :lol4: I don't have kids yet, but I still want to contribute a story:

This summer, I was having breakfast with a friend in a little café. It was very nice outside, so we sat in front of the store. Enter a dad on a bike with his little daughter in a child seat behind him. Right in the second that he goes by us, the girls throws up all over his back. Dad doesn't notice. I swear I laughed so hard, I had coffee coming out of my nose. I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell. :angry-devil:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have endless hilarious puke stories. Our boys shared a crib at the foot of our bed when they were little, so one night we thought they were asleep and we were laying there in the dark. We heard cough, cough, SPLASH. One of them puked so much and so hard that it literally splashed against the rails of their crib. Then one time one was fussing in the middle of the night so my husband got up and was walking him back and forth for a bit, then heard a little burp and just felt wet and hot run down his entire body. Baby puked between them. One time I was taking a shower and the babies were right outside the open bathroom door in bouncy seats, I heard puke/crying and jumped out all soapy and wet. One had puked so hard it hit the other and I had to change both of them.

And finally, my favorite, I was feeding one and the other pulled up on the couch and stood right in front of us. The one I was feeding barfed all over me, then turned and barfed right into his brother's face. It was so gross, but I was laughing so hysterically because where do you even start to clean that up???

My son grew out of his reflux around 8 or 9 months old. He's 2 now and still hasn't had the flu or anything (*knock on wood.) Those first 9 months were rough. We'd have to bring so many outfits everywhere we went. We washed laundry constantly...mostly sleepers and birth cloths.

He's only had real vomit once. And it was on his very first airplane flight back in February. He was getting upset and we thought he was just tired. I was holding him and he vomited all over me, himself, and the airplane aisle. He narrowly missed the guy (and his laptop on the floor) behind me! I was mortified. Thankfully everyone around us was quite nice. I think he just got nauseated after we put a movie on for him. He did fine on the 2nd flight that day and the 2 flights home. But I still dread every flying with him again!

Kids are great. :)

I do have a hard time with it though since I don't throw up. I haven't in over 20 years! Even during my 28 weeks of pregnancy nausea...I never actually got sick.

I have the best picture of my mother in law holding one of our kids so her back was to me and the kid's face was on her shoulder. He puked all down her back and all over the couch she was in front of. It's hilarious. And disgusting and I am so glad we are past the reflux stage!!!

As for dressing kids like bears... my kids left the NICU finally in winter and wore little bear buntings from Carters. I scoured my photos, but I can't find a single one of them in the stinking things!!! Anyway, they looked like this:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=89402910

I had that exact one!

I had that exact one!

It was so soft and cuddly, though we bought them before the kids were born so they were ENORMOUS on them. Like their legs didn't even reach the legs of the outfit. I don't remember them wearing them too often though, didn't leave the house much back then. I still have them though!! And because of their reflux, one is vomit stained despite only being worn like twice.

I have endless hilarious puke stories. Our boys shared a crib at the foot of our bed when they were little, so one night we thought they were asleep and we were laying there in the dark. We heard cough, cough, SPLASH. One of them puked so much and so hard that it literally splashed against the rails of their crib. Then one time one was fussing in the middle of the night so my husband got up and was walking him back and forth for a bit, then heard a little burp and just felt wet and hot run down his entire body. Baby puked between them. One time I was taking a shower and the babies were right outside the open bathroom door in bouncy seats, I heard puke/crying and jumped out all soapy and wet. One had puked so hard it hit the other and I had to change both of them.

And finally, my favorite, I was feeding one and the other pulled up on the couch and stood right in front of us. The one I was feeding barfed all over me, then turned and barfed right into his brother's face. It was so gross, but I was laughing so hysterically because where do you even start to clean that up???

I think in that situation, your only choices are to laugh or cry (and clean up the mess). Laughing is the way to go!

I think in that situation, your only choices are to laugh or cry (and clean up the mess). Laughing is the way to go!

And hope no one rings the doorbell while you are cleaning up a ton of baby puke from two kids, a sofa and the floor while in your undies. :lol:

More than once I had to change my clothes, including my underwear, due to baby puke.

Ouch. I never got it that bad, but I definitely had times where I wished I had packed extra clothes for me and not just the baby.

And hope no one rings the doorbell while you are cleaning up a ton of baby puke from two kids, a sofa and the floor while in your undies. :lol:

Could you imagine if Jehovah's witnesses came by during that scene? You'd probably scare them off for years!

I have the best picture of my mother in law holding one of our kids so her back was to me and the kid's face was on her shoulder. He puked all down her back and all over the couch she was in front of. It's hilarious. And disgusting and I am so glad we are past the reflux stage!!!

As for dressing kids like bears... my kids left the NICU finally in winter and wore little bear buntings from Carters. I scoured my photos, but I can't find a single one of them in the stinking things!!! Anyway, they looked like this:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=89402910

I have one from my daughter :)

post-9832-14452000944762_thumb.jpg

I would always have to warn people before holding him. When I'd say he might spit up...they would think a tiny dribble. I had to explain that it's a LOT.

It's been long enough that I can look fondly back on the days where I always wore an old painter's smock over my clothing, plus a cloth diaper on my shoulder. My little guy was a world class spitter-upper.

As to the cute bear suits - my son was born in late April in California. It was way too warm for him to wear anything like that. I was and will always remain a huge fan of onesies.

I have one from my daughter :)

So cute!!! My friend has one of those teddy bear onesies for her baby. Or had, since he's grown out of it by now since it's from last year.

Puke story: I visited my friend shortly after she had the baby when he was only a few weeks old. I was holding him and then he projectile vomited on me. I was more impressed than grossed out because he managed to make it go several feet and also get it on the carpet, the couch and my purse. I had never seen actual projectile puking before. Then while she was changing him he peed all over her and she had to change too :lol:

I miss that kid. I haven't seen him in months.

Oooh I have a good pee story too! One of the first times my husband changed one of our boys' diapers was in the NICU, while they were still in an isolet. So he has his arms through the arm holes, removes the diaper, and the kid literally pees OUT THE ARM HOLE and onto my husband! Like, you'd think the kid being in a plastic box would make diaper changes safe enough... I say if that kid ever potty trains (please god be soon), he has no excuses for missing the potty, he clearly has good aim and always has!

And this is the only pic I found of my guys in their bear buntings... they were so teeny! And of course this is the first day they were worn and blue is already stained (stinker puked before we left the NICU that morning!).

ivivl2.jpg

I was about to say the exact same thing! I would love to wear onesies that match my cats!

The cats would probably hate them, though.

The cats would definitely hate them but they'd be so cute!

I was watching the Duggar PIllow-whatever to see if I could pick up on anything helpful and all I could think was that the Don't remove the tag bit is sooo old and has been been done so often.

Get some fresh material boys!

I've had it down my cleavage with both kids, so much fun!!

At one point, I thought baby puke might double as hair gel. Or spray starch. Pee in the face?! Non-moisturizer. Poop under the nails?! Moisturizer that needs to go.

At one point, I thought baby puke might double as hair gel. Or spray starch. Pee in the face?! Non-moisturizer. Poop under the nails?! Moisturizer that needs to go.

My parents' go-to embarrassing story about my sister is about when she was somewhere around 18 months old (so just getting the hang of talking), we were at a mall, and my sister, in my mom's arms, says quite clearly, "I have a burp". In one smooth motion, my mom rushed to a nearby garbage can, pulled the lid off with one hand, tilted my sister almost completely upside-down with her head in the trashcan, and let her chunder vigorously. To this day, 20 years later, "I have a burp" is a family catchphrase.

Okay...so that Duggar Pillow Patrol video...

Did they just edit it to look like that room goes into the kitchen like that? Are those even in the same house/building?

I remember that being discussed at length when the video was new. Yes, it was just edited (you can tell by what's outside the door) and no, it was shot in two different buildings: the guest house (with the kitchen) and that shed/workshop (with Bin's room).

I love how there's a huge pile of crap on the floor in the room and they just covered it with a sheet instead of cleaning it up.

I love all the bear suits and (in a different way) also love the puke stories. Hilarious!

I'd like to contribute a poo story: A relative was changing her baby (on a pad) on my parents' sofa table. She had just removed the diaper when the baby projectile pooped over the pad, over the table and onto the floor. The room is carpeted. :D Such fun!

Since nothing's happening with Jessa and we're sharing puke stories, here's mine. My eldest had reflux, 21 bibs a day in continual rotation, plus a couple of outfits. When my son was born I was hoping to have a non chucker, but when he was three days old (or thereabouts, it's been 15 years and the details are fuzzy) I mentioned to the midwife that my milk had come in. She looked at my small breasts and said "I don't think so dear" in a somewhat condescending manner. The baby then did a huge vomit and took the smug smile off her face. She then agreed that it did look like my milk had come in. He kept vomiting until he was about 11 months old. I never bothered with cute outfits for him as they were always hidden behind two bibs (cloth one on top of vinyl one to minimise it soaking through to his clothes). At least he didn't projectile often :)

I love all the bear suits and (in a different way) also love the puke stories. Hilarious!

I'd like to contribute a poo story: A relative was changing her baby (on a pad) on my parents' sofa table. She had just removed the diaper when the baby projectile pooped over the pad, over the table and onto the floor. The room is carpeted. :D Such fun!

my son did this, managed to hit the wall about 2-3 feet away from his arse!!! it's called pooper shooter for a reason!

My son grew out of his reflux around 8 or 9 months old. He's 2 now and still hasn't had the flu or anything (*knock on wood.) Those first 9 months were rough. We'd have to bring so many outfits everywhere we went. We washed laundry constantly...mostly sleepers and birth cloths.

He's only had real vomit once. And it was on his very first airplane flight back in February. He was getting upset and we thought he was just tired. I was holding him and he vomited all over me, himself, and the airplane aisle. He narrowly missed the guy (and his laptop on the floor) behind me! I was mortified. Thankfully everyone around us was quite nice. I think he just got nauseated after we put a movie on for him. He did fine on the 2nd flight that day and the 2 flights home. But I still dread every flying with him again!

Kids are great. :)

I do have a hard time with it though since I don't throw up. I haven't in over 20 years! Even during my 28 weeks of pregnancy nausea...I never actually got sick.

I am so jealous! I have a medical condition that causes me to vomit so often that I've lost teeth!

Do tell any secrets!

Anybody else have a baby puke in your mouth? Ick.

Called our youngest "Vom bomb" and often chanted "don't vom on your mom!" kids are sticky little monsters! Haha.

I remember that being discussed at length when the video was new. Yes, it was just edited (you can tell by what's outside the door) and no, it was shot in two different buildings: the guest house (with the kitchen) and that shed/workshop (with Bin's room).

I love how there's a huge pile of crap on the floor in the room and they just covered it with a sheet instead of cleaning it up.

Was Ben still living in that room when it was filmed? Is it his crap??

I am so jealous! I have a medical condition that causes me to vomit so often that I've lost teeth!

Do tell any secrets!

Anybody else have a baby puke in your mouth? Ick.

Called our youngest "Vom bomb" and often chanted "don't vom on your mom!" kids are sticky little monsters! Haha.

I have no clue why I don't vomit anymore. I did throw up now and again when I was 12 years old and younger. Not a lot though. And now...I have no clue why I don't. But I am happy about! I got pretty close a couple times when I was pregnant and I was honestly terrified.

my son did this, managed to hit the wall about 2-3 feet away from his arse!!! it's called pooper shooter for a reason!

Y'all should go to high school sex ed classes and talk about the really gross aspects of parenting. That should get kids to either abstain of wrap it up. Barf.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived