IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 6 - Still Smug, Still Pregnant

happy atheist

Doesn't the wife pick and lay out the clothes?

Maybe it's like some twisted fundie Mean Girls thing - "On Tuesdays we wear green"

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... Will they hint at paid speaking engagements (without showing any actual speaking engagements)? ....

I would think that the demand for their expert advice on marriage will soon be very limited. The next thing would be her expert motherly advice.... I certainly hope she doesn't take this on. Supposedly Bin is "looking into" going to seminary with hopes to become a preacher. When I hear that it makes me think of an 8 year old boy saying he's going to become an astronaut. Not that it's impossible, but just seems highly unlikely.

It's hard to tell what size those clothes are. If they are bigger, yeah...it could be warmer by the time they would wear them. But these are Duggars and they were a lot of clothing all year, for the most part.

If they are newborn...they aren't what I would choose to put a newborn in. Though I know many people do put their kids in cutesy stuff like that. I just didn't. My kid pretty much lived in footed sleepers for months. It was so much easier.

Oh god yes. My boys lived in onesies and sleepers until they were too old for them. Ha! I loved dressing them, but we spent so much time at home the first year (preemie isolation) and they had such reflux that it was like 4 onesies a day each! I always think dressed up newborns look so uncomfortable. If I could wear a sleeper all day, I would. Why not let my newborns!? lol

Sassy, I agree with you that it was a shame they requested all those wedding gifts that then had to go into storage-- maybe for many years-- however I just don't think Jill was planning to be a missionary that soon. I think it went something like this:

1.) All Jill can think about is marrying Derick. She can't concentrate on studying for her midwife's certificate or anything else.

2.) They get married and spend a few months in honeymoon bliss.

3.) All Jill can think about is having a baby. She can't concentrate on anything, not even decorating the nursery.

4.) Izzy is born

5.) In searching for new storylines TLC offers to fund Jill and Dericks pursuit of "missionary work" close by in El Salvador. It will be close enough that Jill and Derick can fly home whenever. Jill jumps at this so that she can spend all day, every day with Derick. They will be keeping a home in Springdale so that life outside of filming is as usual.

6.) Derick quits his job.

7.) The shit hits the fan and TLC pulls out. Now what are they going to do for money?

8.) Jill and Derick decide they can still be missionaries somehow but their fans will have to subsidize them.

9.) Fans start asking questions because Jill and Derick are faffing around, flying back home at the drop of the hat.

10.) TLC offers them a special or two.

Now the question is, how long will they stay South of the border and what will they be doing? Also what on earth will Jessa's storyline be once she has the baby? Will she and Ben start up a ministry? Will they hint at paid speaking engagements (without showing any actual speaking engagements)? Because at this point Ben is about to become a father and he still doesn't have a job other than lawn boy for JB and reality TV star.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic in 1-3 (the nursery comment confuses me, but I am new and likely missed something from the spring), but it all makes sense to me otherwise. I wonder what made Jill re-pursue the midwife certification, it seems more likely to me that she would try missionary work for money instead of midwifery, especially since she would be with Derick. I think she genuinely enjoys midwifery though, so maybe after she got used to being a mom and felt settled in her marriage she missed it and went back to studying.

I am ashamed to say that I really want to order one for my cat... :whistle:

We need adult sizes. I want this.

We need adult sizes. I want this.

I want it for my cat and an adult size! I can match my cat! :wink-kitty:

Oh god yes. My boys lived in onesies and sleepers until they were too old for them. Ha! I loved dressing them, but we spent so much time at home the first year (preemie isolation) and they had such reflux that it was like 4 onesies a day each! I always think dressed up newborns look so uncomfortable. If I could wear a sleeper all day, I would. Why not let my newborns!? lol

Major reflux baby here. I had never known a kid to produce so much spit-up until I had my son. It was awful an lasted about 8 months or so. He also went through multiple outfits a day...and so did I.

We did sleepers all fall/winter long. And then once Summer arrived, I put him in those one piece sun suit/romper things (can't remember what they are actually called.) Even now, at age 2, we opt for comfortable clothes for him - sweat pants, cotton shorts, elastic waists, etc.

We did sleepers all fall/winter long. And then once Summer arrived, I put him in those one piece sun suit/romper things (can't remember what they are actually called.) Even now, at age 2, we opt for comfortable clothes for him - sweat pants, cotton shorts, elastic waists, etc.

I am childless, but hope to have children. And if/when I do they will be dressing like this. My mom always called them "blanket sleepers," even the leotard style with no legs or long sleeves. I can barely dress myself fashionably, let alone future babies. Who knows, though. I could have a stylish baby, but I doubt I will care.

Especially with spit up.

I don't have a baby, but I like to imagine that if I did, I would dress it exclusively in bear suits like this one:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/52109?feat=289-GN1

They're all over the internet, and who doesn't want a baby bear?

Hold the phone. Did anyone here ever have a Bitty Baby (it was part of the American Girl Doll company but a baby and there weren't stories about them.)? I swear I had this exact outfit for my Bitty Babies.

I am childless, but hope to have children. And if/when I do they will be dressing like this. My mom always called them "blanket sleepers," even the leotard style with no legs or long sleeves. I can barely dress myself fashionably, let alone future babies. Who knows, though. I could have a stylish baby, but I doubt I will care.

Especially with spit up.

It worked really well for us. I mean, there's nothing wrong with cutesy stuff if that's what people are into. I just wasn't. About as 'fancy' as we've gotten would be plaid shorts and a polo. Or khaki pants and a button down plaid shirt. That's pretty much just for holidays and pictures though. I'm kind of glad we have a son and not a daughter.

Hold the phone. Did anyone here ever have a Bitty Baby (it was part of the American Girl Doll company but a baby and there weren't stories about them.)? I swear I had this exact outfit for my Bitty Babies.

i didn't have one, but i know exactly what you mean! i think i saw a similar costume for bitty baby as well!

Yep. I had it for my Bitty Baby.

I want it for my cat and an adult size! I can match my cat! :wink-kitty:

I was about to say the exact same thing! I would love to wear onesies that match my cats!

The cats would probably hate them, though.

I had a bitty baby but I don't really remember her having a samiler outfit. Although I am better versed with Kristen clothes and stories.

I had a bitty baby but I don't really remember her having a samiler outfit. Although I am better versed with Kristen clothes and stories.

I was thinking of this one. My youngest sister had a baby at the time

post-5682-14452000943712_thumb.jpeg

We had a bear suit for baby boom. He just recently out grew it but I have passed it on to my niece for her new babe. ;) it is a family favorite!

Okay...so that Duggar Pillow Patrol video...

Did they just edit it to look like that room goes into the kitchen like that? Are those even in the same house/building?

Major reflux baby here. I had never known a kid to produce so much spit-up until I had my son. It was awful an lasted about 8 months or so. He also went through multiple outfits a day...and so did I.

More than once I had to change my clothes, including my underwear, due to baby puke.

I would always have to warn people before holding him. When I'd say he might spit up...they would think a tiny dribble. I had to explain that it's a LOT.

I would always have to warn people before holding him. When I'd say he might spit up...they would think a tiny dribble. I had to explain that it's a LOT.

I have the best picture of my mother in law holding one of our kids so her back was to me and the kid's face was on her shoulder. He puked all down her back and all over the couch she was in front of. It's hilarious. And disgusting and I am so glad we are past the reflux stage!!!

As for dressing kids like bears... my kids left the NICU finally in winter and wore little bear buntings from Carters. I scoured my photos, but I can't find a single one of them in the stinking things!!! Anyway, they looked like this:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=89402910

I have the best picture of my mother in law holding one of our kids so her back was to me and the kid's face was on her shoulder. He puked all down her back and all over the couch she was in front of. It's hilarious. And disgusting and I am so glad we are past the reflux stage!!!

I've had it down my cleavage with both kids, so much fun!!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived