IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 6 - Still Smug, Still Pregnant

happy atheist

I wonder if maybe she actually held true on the stance about not knowing the gender. It would explain the two outfits.

They have said they know what they are having but they just aren't telling people. I bet Jinger knows though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Jinger, fundie fashion is not your thing. lol

I think Jessa is trolling. She probably knows the jender and is just fucking with her sheep for attention.

If you could do that with a straight face, I would applaud you! Especially if Jessa was making her pouty duck face at you.

That made me laugh out loud! There's NO chance I could do that with a straight face! None. But anyone who could - I'd pay you! And I'd pay more to watch! Haha!

It actually was gender neutral. It looked like a couple of white receiving blankets with jungle animal print (lions, elephants, etc.) It was pretty generic stuff, which was highly disappointing. Even the decorative pillow was white, though frilly. The game of connect four was the most interesting thing they bought.

Frilly white pillows for baby decorations? Hope those pillows can handle bleach.

It actually was gender neutral. It looked like a couple of white receiving blankets with jungle animal print (lions, elephants, etc.) It was pretty generic stuff, which was highly disappointing. Even the decorative pillow was white, though frilly. The game of connect four was the most interesting thing they bought.

This confuses things even more for me. Fundies subscribe to very very very rigid gender stereotypes. Bin growing up VF probably means he has a particular flair for boys = outdoor adventurers and girls = frilly maidens. Jungle animals says boy to me, but the frilly pillow says girl.

Oh Jinger, fundie fashion is not your thing. lol

I think Jessa is trolling. She probably knows the jender and is just fucking with her sheep for attention.

Jessa DOES know the gender. She's said many, many times that she and Ben know but no one else does.

Here's a recent blog entry about Jessa and the baby....(and the nickname Quincy.)

duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/10/baby-quincy-coming-soon.html

Quincy? I hope they're not naming the baby that. Couldn't have thought of a better nickname? Just announce the damn jender and name. No one cares. Jessa and Bin know what they're having, but are keeping it a secret. I think Smugs told them they wouldn't be able to keep it a secret.

Jessa DOES know the gender. She's said many, many times that she and Ben know but no one else does.

Here's a recent blog entry about Jessa and the baby....(and the nickname Quincy.)

Quincy is such a male name.

Quincy is such a male name.

That's what I thought too when I first saw it the other day. I feel like if they had spelled it "cutely" like Quincie or Quincey, it might be a girl.

They did say they wanted strong Biblical names. Was there a Quincy in the bible? I wonder if Quincy will be the middle name.

That made me laugh out loud! There's NO chance I could do that with a straight face! None. But anyone who could - I'd pay you! And I'd pay more to watch! Haha!

If I'd had time to prep, I might have been able to pull it off, but I was just trying to buy underwear. I was not prepared for prime snark material to walk in. I have a pretty good fake Deep South "how can I help you" accent and am decent at faking concern etc. I just never expected to run into them. I'll have to practice in case I run into them again :)

As far as pillow is concerned, it looked like more of a small throw pillow for a couch than a baby pillow.

So between the Quincy "nickname" and the jungle print blanket (because, lets face it, in their male-dominated world, jungle print is very BOY), I guess we have a boy coming. John Quincy Seewald. (That was the only reference to the bible that I could find for Quincy, the fact that John Quincy Adams was a big supporter.)

Based on the clothing posted on Jessa's IG, I'd say that Jinger went shopping in the Duggar Family storage unit- those outfits are old. So they purchased 2 headbands. I'll say the Seewalds are having a baby girl.

So between the Quincy "nickname" and the jungle print blanket (because, lets face it, in their male-dominated world, jungle print is very BOY), I guess we have a boy coming. John Quincy Seewald. (That was the only reference to the bible that I could find for Quincy, the fact that John Quincy Adams was a big supporter.)

John Quincy Adams was such a forgettable president that even my super-intensive AP US History course gave him the barest of mentions (and this is the class that spent weeks on John Tyler and Zachary Taylor's presidencies). But his dad was certainly not a fundie type, and his mom was the antithesis of fundie women. And if I, a pretty darn well educated person, know barely anything about John Quincy Adams other than his far more memorable parents, I can guarantee you that Jessa would only choose Quincy for the name because she thinks it sounds nice.

My first thought upon hearing the name Quincy is the old TV show.

[bBvideo 560,340:1r4l3i8q]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3pd-dNN-0[/bBvideo]

Ahh I forgot about that. Whoops.

Dont you have to have an investigation before you can adopt? And aren't things like an steady income part of the investigation?

Yes, but what they have to do will totally depend on the type of adoption they are pursuing-- whether it's domestic infant adoption, international adoption or foster care adoption.

For foster care adoption, at least, you don't have to prove you have an income.... you do have to prove that you can support yourself and any children added to your home. You don't need necessarily need a steady income if you have a big enough bank account to provide for yourself. Plus, Bin having a "job" supplied by his father-in-law would be enough anyway, provided he isn't getting paid under the table.

I'm guessing they will be looking at international adoption because they will see themselves as "saving the children." I think they'd have a difficult time with foster care adoption programs... can't imagine they would deal well with social workers and all of the requirements involved. (I'd like to believe no one would ever put a traumatized child into that household.) Requirements for international programs depend on the country so they might be able to qualify there. (I would have guessed they would pursue something in Guatemala since that's where the Dillards are, but I think the country is currently closed to U.S. adoptions.... but probably someplace in South America, I'd wager.)

I really hope the process is so daunting that they give up on the adoption idea in the end.

Uh, I wouldn't rule out Quincy being a girl. I know a girl Quincy.

And maybe the bedding was meant to be unisex? Who knows.

That's what I thought too when I first saw it the other day. I feel like if they had spelled it "cutely" like Quincie or Quincey, it might be a girl.

They did say they wanted strong Biblical names. Was there a Quincy in the bible? I wonder if Quincy will be the middle name.

I can't think of anyone in the Bible named Quincy.

Speaking of them adopting... Can anyone see them adopting outside their race? 169.gif

I could see Benessa adopting inter-racially, but being very disrespectful to the child's native culture/race, or treating the adopted child differently. Given that the Duggars were originally going to name Jackson Judah Benjamin, it wouldn't surprise me if Benessa were the type to dress up a black child in a Confederate soldier uniform. Hopefully, no one will entrust these unemployed grifters with a child, but there are grey market ways to get adopt, so who knows. :shifty-kitty:

I could see Benessa adopting inter-racially, but being very disrespectful to the child's native culture/race, or treating the adopted child differently. Given that the Duggars were originally going to name Jackson Judah Benjamin, it wouldn't surprise me if Benessa were the type to dress up a black child in a Confederate soldier uniform. Hopefully, no one will entrust these unemployed grifters with a child, but there are grey market ways to get adopt, so who knows. :shifty-kitty:

Yup I agree. I could see them doing it but being so disrespectful. And the worst part would be that they think they're doing something good. I could see them bringing up over and over again how they "saved their child from that terrible culture" or lording it over the child's head whenever they did something bad. "We went out of our way to give you a home and this is how you repay us?" *gag*

where do you see a jungle print blanket ? I don't see it anywhere

and I bet they would totally name a girl Quincy and yes - my first thought was they have been watching Quincy reruns on you tube

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived