IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

Just noticed my typo from yesterday. It should say "maybe" instead of "many." Sometimes I wish we could edit our posts. I never proofread.

I didn't even notice! My proofreading is awful. You can edit, though. On the desktop site, it's a button at the top of your post. On the mobile site, it' s an option on the wheel thingie pull down menu.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they were there w/Jessa. She's at that pouint where they would want to know if the head was engaged or was going to fit, given the kerfuffle w/Jill.

Maybe they were there w/Jessa. She's at that pouint where they would want to know if the head was engaged or was going to fit, given the kerfuffle w/Jill.

Maybe Jim Bob has kidney stones. They say they're more painful than childbirth, so karmically he's probably due for like, 19 or so.

I don't know if taking the photo is in poor taste or not but, damn, that woman looks good. If she would just uncrunch her hair! Seriously, she looks amazing for her age and childbirthiness!

Random aside, but my health clinic has a "no cell phone" policy. When it first went into effect I thought they just didn't want people talking on their phones, so I whipped mine out and started tapping away at something. Security came over and explained that it was to protect their patients' right to privacy with regard to medical information. He very politely asked if he could look through my last few photos. I had no problem with that - not sure what would have happened if I did have a problem.

Certain aspects of the patient population served by this clinic do require increased attention to privacy issues. I think people will regret photos like this one if cell phone bans in medical facilities become the norm (which I think they eventually will).

ETA - I see nothing wrong with sharing the photo here seeing as it is already on Facebook.

Maybe Jim Bob has kidney stones. They say they're more painful than childbirth, so karmically he's probably due for like, 19 or so.

I'll vouch for that. I had one a couple of months ago and it was painful, but manageable. I had another about two weeks ago that eclipsed childbirth by orders of magnitide I cannot describe. Laying on the floor of my hallway if a roving band of ninjas had broken in I couldn't have moved to save the lives of my family.

I will take childbirth + migraine any day of the week over a kidney stone.

I will say that all of the above combined doesn't touch abscessed tooth pain for me. That's the mother of all pain and the only time I actually understood on a visceral level preferring death over being in pain one more second.

That was my thought too. Maybe they were trying to get more air time by being in the waiting room while Jessa got an ultrasound.

I didn't even notice! My proofreading is awful. You can edit, though. On the desktop site, it's a button at the top of your post. On the mobile site, it' s an option on the wheel thingie pull down menu.

I think you can only edit for a certain amount of time. I've noticed I can edit in a timely manner. But hours later...nope.

I have had way too many kidney stones. Including one too big to pass so it had to be removed. They definitely suck. But my c-section/recovery was worse. Never experienced "natural" child birth so I can't really compare.

J'chelle's uterus is probably in bad shape. Maybe that's why they're there?

I can't get past the matching shirts.

But what I really want to talk about is Boob saying that 911 call was fake. I guess he didn't realize that someone actually answered the door. :lol:

J'chelle's uterus is probably in bad shape. Maybe that's why they're there?

I can't get past the matching shirts.

But what I really want to talk about is Boob saying that 911 call was fake. I guess he didn't realize that someone actually answered the door. :lol:

As to the uterus, and I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.....she might just be ready to yank the exhausted thing.

I think Michelle will have a hard time accepting having to have her ut. yanked. She seems to hold on to the delusion that she can have more, even at nearly 50. Apparently, logical reasoning doesn't play into the picture. That's why God gives you grandchildren, Michelle. At this rate, she'll have a new one to hold every 8 weeks or so. Give it up, woman!

PS: I hope JB has kidney stones.

Maybe they were waiting for Jessa. She IS pregnant.

I can't see Jessa bringing JB and Michelle to an ultrasound.

Also, I don't see Jessa getting an ultrasound this late in pregnancy unless something is wrong. And if she's not seeing an actual medical professional for prenatal care, I REALLY can't see her getting an ultrasound this late.

I don't even think these people get the 20 week anatomy scan that checks for heart defects and things that need to be addressed when the baby is born.

I'm just amazed that these two cano go to the doctor's office together for something which is probably minor. They still have young kids at home for crying out loud! but they are perfectly fine with going off together so they can socialize with each other in the waiting room. Fucking self-centered people. They really make my blood boil. And no doubt after the doctor they then went out for lunch together-- because hey! they have all those built-in babysitters.

Uhhh yeah, I dislike Michelle and Jim Bob as much as the next person, but "fucking self-centred" for going to an ultrasound clinic together? That's a bit much.

Uhhh yeah, I dislike Michelle and Jim Bob as much as the next person, but "fucking self-centred" for going to an ultrasound clinic together? That's a bit much.

This goes beyond the US facility. This is SOP with the Duggars, and while the adults who chose to have 19 children, sashay around the town and country, childless, someone else needs to attend to those minor children. In most instances, the adult daughters step in to shoulder those responsibilities, and when they do, and this is the most important indicator of self centeredness, is that those adult daughters, who had no choice in the number of children their parents procreated, are forced to delay and miss out on living their own life dreams, possibly miss opportunities and advancements. Not only is that the very definition of self centeredness on the part of the parents who were willing to procreate kids for an AND COUNTING media career, but who also refuse to do the work needed to raise those same kids.

The technician might be a man or a lesbian. Can't let anyone try any hanky-panky with his cheerleader. I mean she's such a temptation.

The technician might be a man or a lesbian. Can't let anyone try any hanky-panky with his cheerleader. I mean she's such a temptation.

How could anyone resist that mullet? :think:

This goes beyond the US facility. This is SOP with the Duggars, and while the adults who chose to have 19 children, sashay around the town and country, childless, someone else needs to attend to those minor children. In most instances, the adult daughters step in to shoulder those responsibilities, and when they do, and this is the most important indicator of self centeredness, is that those adult daughters, who had no choice in the number of children their parents procreated, are forced to delay and miss out on living their own life dreams, possibly miss opportunities and advancements. Not only is that the very definition of self centeredness on the part of the parents who were willing to procreate kids for an AND COUNTING media career, but who also refuse to do the work needed to raise those same kids.

In one of the old Q and A episodes of 19 Kids, someone asked how the manage to get all the kids ready for bed at night. Michelle talks about what she does. But all I could think was that she should have answered "I don't know. You'll have to ask Jana and Jill."

As to the uterus, and I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.....she might just be ready to yank the exhausted thing.

Nah, they're just checking to make sure it's still there and hasn't made a break for it in the middle of the night.

I think people were just offended that once again, Jim Bob and Michelle were off on their own and without the younger kids (even though I wouldn't take any of my kids to an ultrasound if I didn't have to). We don't know how often they actually do or don't take care of them without help, but on the show, it seemed like JB and M were constantly walking ahead of the kids while holding hands so that their oldest daughters could wrangle the littles, or they were flying out of town while the babies and infants were at home, or they were going to meetings or running errands without any of their children.

I know the show was just a small glimpse into the Duggar lives, but it was the sort of thing that we all saw so often that when a poster here claimed she saw Michelle at a store with several of the younger kids, and without a sister-mom in sight, even I was surprised.

Derick has gone Insta- private, but what does "private" mean with 700k followers, anyway? At one time I thought it was cool that he left his office job to go do something he felt was more meaningful - even if I didn't agree with it - but, with the events of the last few months, now I'm just baffled.

Where is the over-the-top religious conviction that made the Duggar clan so freakishly compelling to watch? What are they all about now? What is their brand? Why should I watch?

With Gothard headquarters downsizing, with the Maxwells scaling back their courses and tours, with the Duggars seemingly disorganized and circling the drain, are the fundies at last slipping into the irrevelence they so richly deserve?

I am very confused by Derick. Has he suddenly decided he doesn't like to be in the public eye? Has he suddenly realized what he has done to himself and his family by marrying into the Duggar brand? I feel for his mother. She always seemed sincere and I wonder how often does she get to see both Derick and Izzy? Is there any time or talking between just she and Derick or does immature Jilly have to be involved in every single breath he takes? I probably know the answer to this but do not want to admit that she is unable to spend any portion of time by herself like most adults.

I don't think going private is the smartest move at this point as it adds to the "what is he hiding now" thinking? He needs to be transparent now more than ever with all the questions concerning the "ministry and donation" fiasco. Most people at this point would have addressed the situation in some form or the other. Ignoring it is not going to make it go away.

I had hopes he was going to be different but those are hopes are quickly circling the drain. :angry-banghead:

Derick has gone Insta- private, but what does "private" mean with 700k followers, anyway? At one time I thought it was cool that he left his office job to go do something he felt was more meaningful - even if I didn't agree with it - but, with the events of the last few months, now I'm just baffled.

Where is the over-the-top religious conviction that made the Duggar clan so freakishly compelling to watch? What are they all about now? What is their brand? Why should I watch?

With Gothard headquarters downsizing, with the Maxwells scaling back their courses and tours, with the Duggars seemingly disorganized and circling the drain, are the fundies at last slipping into the irrevelence they so richly deserve?

I wonder if he'll start blocking anyone who says bad things on his account. I'll be curious to see if his follower count drops.

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived