IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

JB wouldn't do this though, he would have some of his child labor do it for him. (Insert imaginary laughing icon here, since I'm on my phone).

Thanks! Another question frome someone who obviously has no clue: Is there a way to proof the bought "likes" ?

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if a film crew was there. I doubt it or it probably would have been said.

Since there was no film crew, there is no pregnancy in my opinion. A baby ultrasound would never ever happen without a camera. Jim Bob is probably just overseeing the regular check up. Not that HIS wife lifts her part to anyone without him....

Who wants to bet that the tabloids will have picked this one up before the end of the weekend?

And he didnt snap a pic? :whistle: Not sure I believe that one...

I'm pretty sure the surest way to keep the Duggars off TV would be for her to have another pregnancy. The reaction to Jubilee was not positive.

And he didnt snap a pic? :whistle: Not sure I believe that one...

I'm pretty sure the surest way to keep the Duggars off TV would be for her to have another pregnancy. The reaction to Jubilee was not positive.

There's a picture on Pickles FB page,

There are all kinds of reasons a middle aged woman might have to go for an ultrasound besides pregnancy. She hasn't been pregnant in 4 years, and she's 49 years old. She might not have even been there for herself, she might have been waiting for someone else. And am I the only one who thinks it's really rude and awful to take a photo of people waiting in an ultrasound clinic, no matter who they are, and then post it to an internet gossip site? Ugh.

Eh...I don't think there's any expectation of privacy in a waiting area. If someone chooses to be a "celebrity" then it goes with the territory.

I don't think she's pregnant. I'm sure it was some other ultrasound. There are any number of things it could be. As much as I can't stand these people, I do hope she's in good health.

I agree with you in a sense, but I still think it's rude and kind of sleazy, even if it's not technically 'wrong'.

If she's pregnant again, I'm retiring from life. But she's not. So all is well. :? :pray:

Yeah, I mean...I don't think I'd take a picture. (Well, maybe I would just to show my husband.) But I probably would come here and mention it.

Can I just say how smashingly matching JB and Mechelle's outfits are on the picture discussed above? :character-beavisbutthead:

Eta the attachment

post-14780-14452000912629_thumb.jpg

There are all kinds of reasons a middle aged woman might have to go for an ultrasound besides pregnancy. She hasn't been pregnant in 4 years, and she's 49 years old. She might not have even been there for herself, she might have been waiting for someone else. And am I the only one who thinks it's really rude and awful to take a photo of people waiting in an ultrasound clinic, no matter who they are, and then post it to an internet gossip site? Ugh.

Not the only one, I think this is pretty reprehensible. There may be no legal expectation of privacy in the waiting room, but opting to become a celebrity shouldn't mean having to forgo medical care to avoid being photographed at the gyn.

This shouldn't have been taken or posted, IMO.

Yeah I agree the picture is too far. Especially in a medical office. There's a certain implied privacy that I think that violates. Sure it's just the waiting room but still. Makes me feel icky.

Talking about it I don't mind. I mean selling it to a gossip site would make me feel a little "meh." But someone posting it to their fb page all "hey guys guess what!" Makes sense. Also talking to you guys is kind of like talking to friends, so I get wanting to talk about it here too.

Yeah I agree the picture is too far. Especially in a medical office. There's a certain implied privacy that I think that violates. Sure it's just the waiting room but still. Makes me feel icky.

Talking about it I don't mind. I mean selling it to a gossip site would make me feel a little "meh." But someone posting it to their fb page all "hey guys guess what!" Makes sense. Also talking to you guys is kind of like talking to friends, so I get wanting to talk about it here too.

I don't know, maybe it's me but I just think any posting of it is...icky. Well put. I won't belabor the point (after this post) but Michelle is a couple of years older than me and a few years ago I was in the gyn office a lot for a medical thing which was pretty significant. If during that time a neighbor or co-worker had snapped a pic and posted it to their FB page "Saw Buffy at the gyn!" when I wasn't particularly thrilled about discussing my uterus' bad behavior with the people who had a need to know...much less others speculating.

Maybe I'm just sensitive to this subject because as non-famous as I am I have been on the other side of speculation and it sucks. The vast majority of the people with whom I work are men so when I needed to be out for several weeks due to major gyn surgery I didn't really want to discuss the details, as you can imagine. This led to all kinds of concern that the reason I didn't want to talk about it was because it was much more serious than I had let on. And these were people who liked me whose hearts were in the right place (mostly) so it's hard to say "thanks for worrying that I'm dying, but I'm not. I just really don't want to discuss why hemorrhaging from my nether regions with you...'kay?"

Speculating about pregnancy? J'Chelle brought that on herself and always a fair snark target, imo. But we'd need more to go on than she visited a doctor which all women should do for both checkups and when something is amiss.

I get where some think celebrities are fair game and certainly seems legal so this is just a moral judgement thing...but I guess for it to be okay I'd think the belief would have to be that if you elect to become famous you have no right to privacy when it comes to medical issues and being on the TLC and the cover of People means you forfeit your right to get well check-ups (which are a good thing) or share actual medical concerns on your own timeline.

Maybe I'm just annoyed that comments are making me defend Michelle Duggar and I hate that! :D

I don't know, maybe it's me but I just think any posting of it is...icky. Well put. I won't belabor the point (after this post) but Michelle is a couple of years older than me and a few years ago I was in the gyn office a lot for a medical thing which was pretty significant. If during that time a neighbor or co-worker had snapped a pic and posted it to their FB page "Saw Buffy at the gyn!" when I wasn't particularly thrilled about discussing my uterus' bad behavior with the people who had a need to know...much less others speculating.

Maybe I'm just sensitive to this subject because as non-famous as I am I have been on the other side of speculation and it sucks. The vast majority of the people with whom I work are men so when I needed to be out for several weeks due to major gyn surgery I didn't really want to discuss the details, as you can imagine. This led to all kinds of concern that the reason I didn't want to talk about it was because it was much more serious than I had let on. And these were people who liked me whose hearts were in the right place (mostly) so it's hard to say "thanks for worrying that I'm dying, but I'm not. I just really don't want to discuss why hemorrhaging from my nether regions with you...'kay?"

Speculating about pregnancy? J'Chelle brought that on herself and always a fair snark target, imo. But we'd need more to go on than she visited a doctor which all women should do for both checkups and when something is amiss.

I get where some think celebrities are fair game and certainly seems legal so this is just a moral judgement thing...but I guess for it to be okay I'd think the belief would have to be that if you elect to become famous you have no right to privacy when it comes to medical issues and being on the TLC and the cover of People means you forfeit your right to get well check-ups (which are a good thing) or share actual medical concerns on your own timeline.

Maybe I'm just annoyed that comments are making me defend Michelle Duggar and I hate that! :D

Not sure if I was clear, but I don't think the picture is okay at all. By posting about it I meant just a text post like "hey I saw these 'celebrities'" at this place today!" scenario.

It is personal opinion and I can see not liking any of it. I was just sharing by thoughts.

God I hope she isn't pregnant. I don't think it's likely, but the idea that it's possible scares me to no end.

As far as I'm concerned, JB and Michelle deserve every bit of bad publicity. Not sorry at all that this picture was taken. Having said that, I hope nothing is wrong with either of them and that Michelle is not pregnant.

Have they ever talked about WHY the couples (mainly just JB/Michelle and Josh/Anna) wear matching colored shirts all the time?

Celebrity comes with all kinds of downsides as well as perks that do not apply to the balance of society.

Lack of privacy while in public is one of the downsides.

Seemingly, at least for these folks, never having to march to the beat of an employee drum and time clock might be considered one of the perks.

I have no sense of sadness or angst for any of the adult Duggars lose of privacy= there is a very quick remedy for that.

ETA- remember, these folks made a living for 10 years on their reproductive achievements...a gyno visit was their bread and butter.

If people don't agree with me for sharing the picture here, I can take it down. I just thought it was funny how these people know to match their outfits (on purpose or not).

I agree that it really crosses a line to take a picture of someone in a doctor's waiting room. However, do we know for sure the original poster is telling the truth? How do we know for sure this was taken where the original poster claims it's been taken? Sorry if I missed something.

We don't know if it was at a regular doctor, ultrasound place, gynecologist, etc. I think the guy who took it said that he and his wife were there for an ultrasound. But who knows what other types of services are at this location.

In the place I got my ultrasounds while pregnant, it was also the lab or whatever where people came for blood work.

Not sure if I was clear, but I don't think the picture is okay at all. By posting about it I meant just a text post like "hey I saw these 'celebrities'" at this place today!" scenario.

It is personal opinion and I can see not liking any of it. I was just sharing by thoughts.

God I hope she isn't pregnant. I don't think it's likely, but the idea that it's possible scares me to no end.

Yep - I was agreeing with you. Sorry I wasn't clear - and I went down a weird path about if someone posted to FB about someone they knew...not a mention of celebrities. So I wasn't even responding to you as much as getting lost in my own dialogue!

I'm roughly the same age as Michelle, and in the last year or so have had ultrasounds done of my hip, shoulder and liver, so it's more than likely nothing baby related. Just the body starting to deteriorate :(

I wouldn't be seen in public in a matching outfit to my husband, but this set is particularly eye catching. At least it's not green :)

I fixed it.

vffbz5.jpg

If I hurt myself falling off my high horse because I am laughing so hard at this I am totally blaming you! :laughing-rolling:

I'm going to hell, but that was funny. STILL WRONG whoever took the picture and sent it to Pickles! :naughty: But damn... :worship:

Does anyone follow the Pickles Facebook page? Apparently someone saw Michelle and JB in the waiting room at an ultrasound place. Obviously people are assuming it's something to do with Michelle's uterus. But who knows. It could be anything.

I will say, there was a funny comment about how many Josh crawled back in.

I just snorted my coffee. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Rebirth indeed!

God forbid boob would have a reusable coffee cup... they do love their Styrofoam!

I dont think she's pregnant. If there was any thought of that they would have posted it themselves and had one of the J'slaves present to video.

I just snorted my coffee. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Rebirth indeed!

Just noticed my typo from yesterday. It should say "maybe" instead of "many." Sometimes I wish we could edit our posts. I never proofread.

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived