IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion -14

happy atheist

What episode was that?

Wasn't that "Dishing With the Duggars"?

(Will edit later if I'm misremembering.)

ETA: Yes, that's it. The Jackson clip begins around 12:40. And a couple of minutes later we get to relive the toilet birth of Michael. :(

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ETA: Yes, that's it. The Jackson clip begins around 12:40. [snipped]

That poor child! :shock: I am actually unable to decide if it was not just for once a good thing that he at that time had already been thoroughly trained to ignore his emotions...

(around 12.30): When Michelle decided to have a homebirth the main thing JB was concerned about was that she might mess up the carpet? :wtf:

JB doesn't want his pretty princesses fundie royalty. He wants yes men for sons-in-law.

How and why are the likes on the duggar fb going up so much in the last couple of days? They cannot have so many supporters. And people like us should not like them on FB just to get informed about the crap they post immediately.

I just went to the mall today. When I went to Sbarro, I saw a sign that said that people (or at least the kids) wearing costumes on Halloween get a free slice of pizza. :shock: Oh god, I hope the Duggars don't find out about this deal. Then again...this is on Halloween. Would wearing costumes on Halloween be bad, even if it's for a free slice of pizza?

They just referenced Josh Duggar on SNL and that was just the Intro :lol:

They just referenced Josh Duggar on SNL and that was just the Intro :lol:

I haven't watched an entire SNL episode in years, but I was too lazy to change the channel tonight. Miley Cyrus (ugh... just ugh) was singing "My Way" while the cast portrayed characters from the summer of 2015 whose names will soon be forgotten after they got their 15 minutes. One was the Subway Jared guy, wearing glasses and dressed in a light blue shirt and khakis with the caption showing his name. The actor turned his back to the camera momentarily, then turned to face the camera again, this time without the glasses. The caption now said, "Josh Duggar." :lol: (It struck me as funny because of the resemblance in their looks, not because of what they did, although the two apparently have more in common there than anyone would have ever guessed.) That and the woman who portrayed Kim Davis were the only funny moments in the entire show IMO. I admit I don't think SNL has been funny since the days of Dan Aykroyd, Jane Curtin, and Gilda Radner, but hey, what do I know? I'm old. :?

OT: You can always tell when election season is approaching by the cameo appearances made by political wannabes. :roll:

I just saw the Dishing with the Duggars episode and ugh why does JB speak Spanish in literally every foreign country they visit? Don't. That's rude.

JB speak Spanish in literally every foreign country they visit?

Whoa you're being very lenient with what he actually does to "speak" Spanish. IMHO it would be a stretch to refer to it as Spanglish. He is just ignorant and thinks that accompanying an insult with a big smile is simply wonderful.

So, apparently Josiah and Marjorie were sitting together and Jill and Derick's speaking engagement.

Leg humpers are guessing they are courting again.

I find this very interesting that they seem to be still very close after ending the courtship. Maybe they agree that they are a bit two young? :think:

The Duggars claimed to live by these rules waaaay back when they first aired their original specials. Seems like #4 (among others) we pretty much dropped...

1. Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.

2. Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.

3. Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.

4. Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.

5. Think pure thoughts.

6. Always give a good report of others. Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone. Use Matthew 18 as your standard.

7. Never raise a hand to hit.

8. Never raise a foot to kick.

9. Never raise an object to throw.

10. Never raise a voice to yell.

11. Never raise an eye to scowl.

12. Use one toy/activity at a time.

13. Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to be angry or guilty.)

14. Amendment J.O.Y.: Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last. Make serving your family a priority.

The Duggars claimed to live by these rules waaaay back when they first aired their original specials. Seems like #4 (among others) we pretty much dropped...

1. Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.

2. Always display kind actions, even if you have been mistreated.

3. Show joyful attitudes even when no one is looking.

4. Have sincere motives with no thought of self-gain.

5. Think pure thoughts.

6. Always give a good report of others. Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone. Use Matthew 18 as your standard.

7. Never raise a hand to hit.

8. Never raise a foot to kick.

9. Never raise an object to throw.

10. Never raise a voice to yell.

11. Never raise an eye to scowl.

12. Use one toy/activity at a time.

13. Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to be angry or guilty.)

14. Amendment J.O.Y.: Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last. Make serving your family a priority.

Number 2 and 3 are so creepy. A. isn't god always looking? Seems dumb to suggest no one will be looking and B. Why are these people so Orwellian? That and 5 just make me think of thought crimes. And just, who the hell thought it made sense to repress all your emotions besides happiness and contentment??? Everything is better when you talk through and express your emotions and work out problems.

Actually, it's probably for the best fundies stay as Orwellian as possible. If they were more lax they might last longer. We def don't want that.

Question for more experienced Duggar watchers than I:

Over on the official Duggar Family Facebook page, in the comments after Jill's story of how she became a midwife, someone stated that it is a fact that CPS came to the Duggar house to investigate after the TLC cameras recorded a small child held upside down over a sink. According to this person (I am not sure if it is ok to give the name), it was this incident that CPS came to investigate and had to call 911 because they couldn't get in to check on the family.

I am wondering where that story about the child and the sink came from because my memory is that no one knows why CPS were there that day. Is this a case of two different stories confused?

All the other "facts" he listed came from data I am familiar with (such as the Josh police reports). This makes me wonder about the child held over the sink and CPS.

Anybody know?

Over on the official Duggar Family Facebook page, in the comments after Jill's story of how she became a midwife, someone stated that it is a fact that CPS came to the Duggar house to investigate after the TLC cameras recorded a small child held upside down over a sink. According to this person (I am not sure if it is ok to give the name), it was this incident that CPS came to investigate and had to call 911 because they couldn't get in to check on the family.

I am wondering where that story about the child and the sink came from because my memory is that no one knows why CPS were there that day. Is this a case of two different stories confused?

All the other "facts" he listed came from data I am familiar with (such as the Josh police reports). This makes me wonder about the child held over the sink and CPS.

Anybody know?

I can't find the piece you are talking about. I looked on the official FB page and the post from October where they shared Jill's blog post about wanting to be a midwife. But she doesn't seem to have written anything about CPS or children over sinks in there. Can you post a broken link to where you see this? It's the first I've heard of potential details, and I am inclined to doubt it (even if it came right from Jill's mouth).

Anybody know?

That sounds like a lie. Josie was laid down with her head over/near the sink when she had that seizure. But she was not being held upside down and I think someone like the 911 dispatcher or someone told them to? I do think people figured out the reason for why she was there.

Either this person is conflating stories or after the scandal some manic person called cps and claimed this. Idk what the rules are for an investigation. Like if any anonymous tip needs to be investigated or what, but I doubt that was the real reason.

In terms of CPS-

They Duggars live in a rural community.

They are famous and infamous for some of their known parenting ideas and proven failures.

They have nearly 10Xs the average number of kids for a 2 parent family.

Of course they are a concern to CPS-

In terms of CPS-

They Duggars live in a rural community.

They are famous and infamous for some of their known parenting ideas and proven failures.

They have nearly 10Xs the average number of kids for a 2 parent family.

Of course they are a concern to CPS-

Plus, Josie was a premie, which makes her high-risk for medical neglect. That's the speculation I've heard about the CPS visit--Given Josie's reported seizure, is she receiving proper medical care?

It sounds like 2 separate incidents are being mixed up. Josie's head was over the sink so she wouldn't bang her head during the seizure which tells me they had been down this road w/Josie more often than they care to reveal. It is the one remnant *that we know of* of her horrible birth.

The other CPS story was from after the molestation scandal & Anna brought the kids to TTH. Some busybody thought someone should check on Makenzie. JB refused entry b/c he can't just let in anybody who rolls up to the gate & declares themselves to be CPS. It was the right thing to do to have the police called. They could verify that the people seeking entry were in fact CPS.

ETA: Yes, that's it. The Jackson clip begins around 12:40. And a couple of minutes later we get to relive the toilet birth of Michael. :(

Thanks Watchdog! Or maybe not :o Poor Jackson. Plus, who needs to relive the toilet birth?

I can't find the piece you are talking about. I looked on the official FB page and the post from October where they shared Jill's blog post about wanting to be a midwife. But she doesn't seem to have written anything about CPS or children over sinks in there. Can you post a broken link to where you see this? It's the first I've heard of potential details, and I am inclined to doubt it (even if it came right from Jill's mouth).

Sorry, I may have been unclear. Jill didn't say anything about CPS. One of the comments (telling the leg-humpers about how bad the Duggars were) listed the incident.

That sounds like a lie. Josie was laid down with her head over/near the sink when she had that seizure. But she was not being held upside down and I think someone like the 911 dispatcher or someone told them to? I do think people figured out the reason for why she was there.

Either this person is conflating stories or after the scandal some manic person called cps and claimed this. Idk what the rules are for an investigation. Like if any anonymous tip needs to be investigated or what, but I doubt that was the real reason.

Yes, it would make sense if it was a conflated story.

It sounds like 2 separate incidents are being mixed up. Josie's head was over the sink so she wouldn't bang her head during the seizure which tells me they had been down this road w/Josie more often than they care to reveal. It is the one remnant *that we know of* of her horrible birth.

The other CPS story was from after the molestation scandal & Anna brought the kids to TTH. Some busybody thought someone should check on Makenzie. JB refused entry b/c he can't just let in anybody who rolls up to the gate & declares themselves to be CPS. It was the right thing to do to have the police called. They could verify that the people seeking entry were in fact CPS.

Makes sense. I knew about the post-molestation scandal call, but was it really about Mackenzie? I thought that this was th 911 that the City refused further details about.

I wondered that TLC would have broadcast something that could be considered abuse. Clearly some mixing up of stories. Thanks.

• happy atheist locked and unpinned this topic

Archived