IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

Hidden Content

Sorry guys, i didn't mean to hide that, and tried to edit it to unhide it. my sincere apologies (self face palm!)

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be interesting to see if the specials actually get shown.   There will be interest in Jessa's baby not the Dillards.  

Frankly I think this is the end for them whether the specials are shown or not.    TLC is not going to do this out of the goodness of their hearts, they need enough sponsors to make it worth the $$$

I am not sure there is much actual interest in Jessa's baby or Jill being a "missionary" from people other than those on FJ and leghumpers. Most people couldn't name any of the Duggar kids, I know my friends couldn't. My guess is that some people will watch out of curiosity to see if they can see anything scandalous. They aren't actually as huge of stars as they would seem to be even though People Magazine would have you believe that Jill and Derrick are in the realm of Brad Pitt and Angelini Jolie famous.

By the time they get to the second special, interest will likely be less than nothing. People have moved on and the Duggar brand is toxic. The highest level of fame the Duggars achieved was because of the molestation scandal. To be honest, they need another scandal to draw interest, not a baby or courtship. 

Dear TLC,

I've been married for a full day and a half now. That means, by Duggar standards, that I'm a fucking expert on marriage.

Where is my reality show and Women's Shows invites?! :pb_lol:

Unless another scandal hits before these air, TLC will air them.  They have already shot the footage and so have nothing to lose.  The big question will be will the shows be given a good time slot or not?  If TLC airs during a decent time slot and they get lots of viewers, they will be able to convince some advertisers to advertise in the future.  The same thing happened with the Kate Gosslin specials turned series, sadly.  

As for the commenter above who suggested they may air with fewer commercials, no doing!  The formula for TLC shows these days is to show a commercial followed by a 'recap' followed by a few minutes of show followed by a preview followed by another commercial - rinse and repeat.  The shows themselves show very little unique footage - just lots of the same thing being recapped and previewed for an hour.  TLC will need lots of commercial breaks to continue to pull that off.  

Unless another scandal hits before these air, TLC will air them.  They have already shot the footage and so have nothing to lose.  The big question will be will the shows be given a good time slot or not?  If TLC airs during a decent time slot and they get lots of viewers, they will be able to convince some advertisers to advertise in the future.  The same thing happened with the Kate Gosslin specials turned series, sadly.  

As for the commenter above who suggested they may air with fewer commercials, no doing!  The formula for TLC shows these days is to show a commercial followed by a 'recap' followed by a few minutes of show followed by a preview followed by another commercial - rinse and repeat.  The shows themselves show very little unique footage - just lots of the same thing being recapped and previewed for an hour.  TLC will need lots of commercial breaks to continue to pull that off.  

I agree that they already filmed it so its likely to air, BUT they could still lose money by airing a show that cannot have certain advertisers.  I think the first special will have decent ratings, the question is the second.  My guess is that they will put it in their best time slot because, lets face it, they're giving CPR to a dead horse praying that Heavenly Father will revive it.

Dear TLC,

I've been married for a full day and a half now. That means, by Duggar standards, that I'm a fucking expert on marriage.

Sorry, but we can't congratulate you until the pregnancy test is positive.:kitty-wink:

I think we will just see the same ads multiple times during the special. The handful of advertisers still with the show buy lots of ad blocks. If Lowes buys 1000+ ads a month with TLC and its related networks and request certain demos like 18-49 and are ok with being shown during the specials, TLC will show 3-4 Lowes ads. During the 1 hour specials there are about 30 national and 6-8 local ads. I feel bad for the local ads because I am betting in most markets local small businesses advertisers will have no idea their ad airs on Counting on till the day after.

The companies that are sticking with the Duggars don't seem to care about the backlash. Can many people really boycott Capital One or Chase? So many people have loans or credit cards with them and it isn't as easy as not picking up a pizza at Little Casear's to change your loan or cancel your credit card.

I'm just curious how much power Lowes has. They seem to be the driving force behind All American Muslim being cancelled. Yes the show wasn't the highest in ratings but TLC has kept many shows with worst ratings. Now Lowes sticks with the Duggars and they find a way to keep them on the air.

Sorry, but we can't congratulate you until the pregnancy test is positive.:kitty-wink:

Well shit! No one gave us the Lego talk! What the hell are we supposed to do?! :my_biggrin:

I was not aware that Jill & Jessa were ever promised a spin-off series, just a couple of one-off specials.

VelociRapture, congratulations on now being able to righteously fulfill Mr. Rapture's desires.

I just have OTA, so I have no .way of watching. I find Buzzard's recaps more than adequate.  If I really think I need to see something, like the mini golf humping, I can wait until you tube gets it. I couldn't believe the mini golf date reviews, soI had to check it out. Guess what. The reviews were accurate.:brainbleach:

ETA Yay. I'm a speshul snowflake. Just in time for the storm that's supposed to come in thisnevening. :my_biggrin:

Dear TLC,

Congratulations, VelociRapture!  Where's our  recap of the nuptials and reception?

I think TLC will air at least one special.  They already have all the $$$ in for filming, editing and advertising.  I am hoping there will be enough backlash that that only one will air.  Maybe then TLC will realize that the viewers don't want to watch Jill and Jessa continuing on the Duggar's same old fundie shtick.  

I'm ashamed to say I'm interested in seeing Blessa's baby's birth (try saying that five times fast?).

However, I literally could not give less of a care about the Dillards and whatever the hell they're doing in Central America. 

TLC is better off combining the footage for both girls into both shows, instead of making one for Jill and one for Jessa (I think this is the plan anyway) though I think Jill would be upset to see the stark difference in ratings if they were separate.

Dear TLC,

Congratulations and best wishes!

However, does your headship know you are online at FJ? :my_biggrin:

Congratulations, VelociRapture!  Where's our  recap of the nuptials and reception?

A little bit over in AYTFJ? Figured it was the best place for it.

I will say here that things went well and I was able to use my "leaving it up to God" answer twice when asked about having kids. That answer was hysterical to everyone that heard it both times. Winning!

Congratulations and best wishes!

However, does your headship know you are online at FJ? :my_biggrin:

Nope. I'm sneaky. :pb_lol:

Should be interesting to see if the specials actually get shown.   There will be interest in Jessa's baby not the Dillards.  

Frankly I think this is the end for them whether the specials are shown or not.    TLC is not going to do this out of the goodness of their hearts, they need enough sponsors to make it worth the $$$

The specials will be shown. They have sponsors. The three part special will most likely be a success. I don't think the ratings will be awful. There is interest(us, fans, haters, people who like watching reality train wrecks.) I think they'll get a new series. I don't trust TLC.

TLC:

-kept "19 Kids" on their website throughout the scandals

-said they couldn't wait to work with the Duggars again after the cancellation of "19 Kids"

Discovery and TLC love the Duggars.

The specials will be shown. They have sponsors. The three part special will most likely be a success. I don't think the ratings will be awful. There is interest(us, fans, haters, people who like watching reality train wrecks.) I think they'll get a new series. I don't trust TLC.

TLC:

-kept "19 Kids" on their website throughout the scandals

-said they couldn't wait to work with the Duggars again after the cancellation of "19 Kids"

Discovery and TLC love the Duggars.

Where do we fall inthe spectrum? Reality trainwreck watching or haters?  Somewhere in between?:pb_lol:

I would be willing to bet the specials get better ratings than the daughter weddings/birth special. People who didn't have interest before probably will now that the Duggars have "blown up". They may get a mini-series, until people realize watching them is like watching paint dry which causes the ratings to tank and then they end the series at 13 episodes and the Duggars are never heard from again. These are my predictions. 

I would be willing to bet the specials get better ratings than the daughter weddings/birth special. People who didn't have interest before probably will now that the Duggars have "blown up". They may get a mini-series, until people realize watching them is like watching paint dry which causes the ratings to tank and then they end the series at 13 episodes and the Duggars are never heard from again. These are my predictions. 

I hope your are not right. It all depends on how the upcoming specials turn out for TLC.

The Special will air 100%, no doubt about it.

Unfortunately the have still enough big sponsors left for commercials. The whole Duggar future will depend on the viewer numbers of these specials. If they have enough of them, advertisers will return, it´s all about the numbers.

So please, everyone: DO NOT WATCH THE SPECIAL.

On another topic: The CONSTANTLY upping numbers of "likes" on the Duggar FB drive me nuts. This can not be true. Can someone please proof the are buying them and publish this in a People Cover? In general I would find a section on "Social media watch" interesting.

Dear TLC,

Enoying those full frontal hugs now are ya?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived