IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

Well shit! No one gave us the Lego talk! What the hell are we supposed to do?! :my_biggrin:

On that note, why don't we have an FJ Presents: The Birds and Bees? Combine all the sex talks and reproductive advice we've gleaned over the years..

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only do I think all three specials will air, there will be a new show or shows to show all the footage they filmed during crisis mode up until they ended the contract.  TLC is married to the Duggars.  And their ain't no divorce in Duggarville.

I've found that I no longer have much interest in the Duggar family and I don't ever want to see Josh again.  Most of my interest these days is focused on Jill and Jessa and I've really come to loathe Jill and Derick (although I have to admit I'm fascinated by their path in life.)  I don't loathe Jessa yet but I'm not a fan of Bin.  I won't watch the specials but I'll be interested to hear all the details.

Lets face it, even if TLC did well with one of JillyMuffin and Blessas specials, it would lose steam really fast. 
We've literally seen everything the Duggars/Seewalds/Dillards have to offer! Having a baby? We've seen at least 7 births. Going on a mission trip? The family already went on a mission to El Salvador. Someone's getting married? Well I'm all weddinged out after Jill and Jessa had there's less than a season apart. 
No one can mention what's happened in the past few months (aka, the only reason they're getting any specials)  if they ever expect the specials/show to keep running and Josh can't be within a 100 foot radius of the rest of the family without a shit storm occurring. 
So no TLC, I won't tune in to see the same show, just rebranded. The gravy train has derailed for the Duggars. 

Perhaps, TLC could market these specials with Remote free TV that Fox tried with Fringe and Dollhouse where it could say "Jill and Jessa Duggar: Counting on" will return in either 60 or 90 seconds. This could also be a great marketing advantage, considering that many advertisers are not willing to pay for 19 KAC and what not. 

I think there will be an acceptable number of views for the first show about Jessa's birth, but not much interest in the pseudo missionary special (which won't even be on until 2016).  Then, Josh will be released from reform school and the negative media frenzy will start again.     

I had the impression they were going to include both girls in each special though the " hook" for the first one will be Jessa's baby.  And I would bet that not only do other kids and family members pop in and out of the first special but the third one at least will have a whole Duggar family gathering (without Josh).

I just can't see where they'll go with these? I mean, they've had the weddings and each has a child, what exactly will their plot lines be? Unless they do genuinely use it as a platform to speak about the challenges in their lives  which they won't as they have to always keep sweet. It'll be even more fake than 19kaC.

I know there are rumours about Jinger and Lawson and I have no idea whether there is any basis for the truth in that. 

But I would not be surprised if one or more Duggars are courting soon. There are 6 kidults over 18 and by end of next year the boy twins will make it 8. I hope I'm right in that, I'm not 100% on ages/kids after Joy. But that is a hell of a lot of grown unmarrieds doing nothing with their lives. Time to get them moving on ...

The lives of two dull girls with boring lives does not make very interesting tv, especially beyond a special or two. All they have going on is a pregnancy and birth, and dodgy missionary work/ travelling. 

That only makes two episodes , 3 at a stretch. And I know the Duggars see this as a proper come back, with a full series to follow. They see it as more than a few specials. 

And the only way to get specials / series is to add courtships, engagements,weddings, and more babies. More married kids the more possible storylines etc. 

i forsee 2 or 3 kids being the next marketing props for continuing the Duggars brand in the coming year. Or at least when the scandal controversy dies down a bit.

TLC is trying very hard right now to find the replacement for the Duggars. If they can find a show I think they will only give the Duggars an occasional special.  The only show with Duggar like ratings is the Little couple and Jen and Bill have said they are not going to film much to protect the kids so they are not going to be able to replace the Duggar 100 episode hole. TLC quickly filmed, the little family, the Johnstons, Sister wives, Whitney, and are coming back with a very long season of 600 lb life but none have Duggar like ratings yet. I think TLC is missing an opportunity with 90 day finance. They have 6 couples and they each get 6-9 minutes a week of airtime. People want to see more and people want updates on the past 2 years couples.

TLC is trying very hard right now to find the replacement for the Duggars. If they can find a show I think they will only give the Duggars an occasional special.  The only show with Duggar like ratings is the Little couple and Jen and Bill have said they are not going to film much to protect the kids so they are not going to be able to replace the Duggar 100 episode hole. TLC quickly filmed, the little family, the Johnstons, Sister wives, Whitney, and are coming back with a very long season of 600 lb life but none have Duggar like ratings yet. I think TLC is missing an opportunity with 90 day finance. They have 6 couples and they each get 6-9 minutes a week of airtime. People want to see more and people want updates on the past 2 years couples.

TLC already found a show to replace the Duggars and it is scheduled for the spring, in the same timeslot as the old 19 Kids and Counting:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2319280/the-busby-quintuplets-to-replace-the-duggar-family-on-tlc

This seems like a much more interesting family to watch.  They are religious, but promise that they are not at all like the Duggars!!

TLC got the contract signed with the Busby's and then permanently canceled the Duggar show within days (July). 

I'd like to see Jill and Jessa top this:

00.thumb.jpg.0b351d456cea4ab774007e79457

A long time ago my favorite show was "The Operation" on TLC. I'm talking about 1997 or so. I saw a knee replacement, a caesarean section, a vasectomy reversal, etc.

That was real learning! Funny though, because even at that time I could never stand to watch heart (or eye) surgery. The C-section almost made me sick! Then I had a child with Tetralogy of Fallot. After that I had to have an emergency c-section to deliver my month early white boy, he held up his stereotype by being super whimpy and staying in the level III NICU for a decent amount of time.

edited to say that, I did learn some useful info from TLC back when they actually spread knowledge.

I loved that show, too! I remember watching a knee replacement with my family... and then eating Thanksgiving dinner. It was 1992.

Thank you for an empathetic and tolerant post -I actually cannot imagine anyone from the

'other side' of the divide speaking with such graciousness and understanding - not to mention respect!

I have had 2 boys with WWB (and their pediatrician actually told me that their prognosis would be hindered by being premature white boys). One is 15 and the other is 8. They did take a lot longer to "catch up"--and have done very well. We had CVS with our 8 year old because our oldest had struggled so much. My sister has a daughter with Down Syndrome, and she was very offended that we'd chosen to do the prenatal testing because she feared if we'd gotten a dx of DS we might terminate. As I was a high-risk mum, and I would need medical intervention, we chose to know what was happening before it happened. Despite good diagnostics, our son still struggled with breathing, with his hearing tests, and other medical problems. 

I am sincerely glad to be on the "other side" of this issue. My boys are really quite healthy now (still some asthma), but we weathered the storms. My niece is also doing very well. I should add, despite issues, abortion was never offered/recommended by our OB, nor was it recommended to my sister.

Has anyone heard when these specials are expected to be aired?

iin the people magazine it says the first one will air 

Sunday December 13 

I don't know about the other ones - I hope they aren't all on in December - because I am going to Maui for xmas and I don't know if they get TLC there :D 

TLC already found a show to replace the Duggars and it is scheduled for the spring, in the same timeslot as the old 19 Kids and Counting:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2319280/the-busby-quintuplets-to-replace-the-duggar-family-on-tlc

This seems like a much more interesting family to watch.  They are religious, but promise that they are not at all like the Duggars!!

TLC got the contract signed with the Busby's and then permanently canceled the Duggar show within days (July). 

I'd like to see Jill and Jessa top this:

Eh, TLC has tried the "high order multiples" game a few times. J&K was the only one that did well. And, if they're not crazy fundies, they're not going to replace the Duggars. 

It really comes down to TLC needs to find a new gimmick. People are done with the "different" families. The Duggars and the Gosselins were both great income earners at their height, but even the Duggars had been suffering long before the scandals. The longer TLC holds on to the "freak show" aspect, the harder it'll be for them to bring in viewers.

Dear TLC,

I've been married for a full day and a half now. That means, by Duggar standards, that I'm a fucking expert on marriage.

Where is my reality show and Women's Shows invites?! :pb_lol:

Expecting to read your new book about relationships any day now :my_angel:

Not only do I think all three specials will air, there will be a new show or shows to show all the footage they filmed during crisis mode up until they ended the contract.  TLC is married to the Duggars.  And their ain't no divorce in Duggarville.

You know the old saying; "Once you go Duggar, you'll forever be smugger"

Dear TLC,

I've been married for a full day and a half now. That means, by Duggar standards, that I'm a fucking expert on marriage.

Where is my reality show and Women's Shows invites?! :pb_lol:

Congratulations!!! Inquiring minds want to know: did you listen to any special instructional recordings after the ceremony?  ;)

My ma was 39 when she was pregnant with me and I was on my way before ultrasounds were a thing.

The first Doctor she went to see told her flat out to have me terminated. She did not say a word, got up, flipped his desk and walked out. 

I was a perfectly healthy baby and I made mum's uterus fall out... sorry mum!

So I have no idea if that's why he recommended it, but it is definitely NOT right for a medical professional to suggest termination. I am also 100% pro choice but that is just not kosher in my book.

The reasons that I started to watch this show in the 1st place are all gone. For me a Liberal Canadian it was a glimpse into a secret sub culture that I would not be invited to Sunday dinner with and I loved to glimpse this alien life. The modest wear swim suits were just so far from what I knew I loved it. Now I was raised in a IFB home but have left that faith and all that goes with it so for me it was interesting to see what life would look like had I not.

Well that is all gone now, for me it started really all going to hell with what I perceived was their blatant exploitation of the whole Jubilee matter and just went downhill from there, yet still I watched like a trainwreck you just wanted to make sure you got a real good look at and then hated yourself for looking.

The older they got and the smugger they got and then Joshgate hit and now a mean spiteful part of me just wants to see the majority of them suffer the loss of fame and financial gain. I don't want to see a special that does not even come close to touching on the things I actually want to know.

I would like to see a spinoff Dug Out, all about which ever brave ones choose to take a different path, all moving in with Anna and her kids in the biggest house of sin ever. Knees showing, degrees from school hanging on the walls with soft alternative rock playing down the hall and a picture of Obama hanging in the living room......

That's so bizarre. I know the risks go up after a certain age, but women have been having babies at 39 forever. It was normal (if they/their husbands lived that long). I think it was really a relatively short period of history where it became abnormal - in the 20th century when birth control became widespread and acceptable, but people still married fairly young. You'd get married at, say, 22, have two or three kids before 30, and be done. Now women are delaying marriage and childbearing and suddenly everyone thinks having a kid at 39 is a new thing. It's not. It's old as the hills, and the vast majority of 'older' mothers are fine and have perfectly fine babies.

That's so bizarre. I know the risks go up after a certain age, but women have been having babies at 39 forever. It was normal (if they/their husbands lived that long). I think it was really a relatively short period of history where it became abnormal - in the 20th century when birth control became widespread and acceptable, but people still married fairly young. You'd get married at, say, 22, have two or three kids before 30, and be done. Now women are delaying marriage and childbearing and suddenly everyone thinks having a kid at 39 is a new thing. It's not. It's old as the hills, and the vast majority of 'older' mothers are fine and have perfectly fine babies.

agreed.  The idea that older mothers are all in serious health jeopardy is just strange to me. My family tends to breed later in life. A great grandmother had her last baby at 56 (of 10 births). It was a home birth, and they were both fine. Grandmother was having babies in her late 40s as have several of my aunts. Luckily no problems among them. My mother scandalised her family by having me at 30. She gave birth to my brother at 36, and she almost died in the process. I had a front row seat for the whole mummy almost dying thing (my parents didn't shelter me from anything), and vividly remember the doctor telling her "what do you expect, having a baby at your age?". She laughed in his face and told him to fuck off... First, last and only time I've heard her drop the f bomb.

Flipped his desk?! Wow, I would have loved to have seen that!

So would've I. She's a tiny lady but God help the world when she's angry!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived