IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

On 11/19/2015 at 9:59 PM, Kittikatz said:
agreed.  The idea that older mothers are all in serious health jeopardy is just strange to me. My family tends to breed later in life. A great grandmother had her last baby at 56 (of 10 births). It was a home birth, and they were both fine. Grandmother was having babies in her late 40s as have several of my aunts. Luckily no problems among them. My mother scandalised her family by having me at 30. She gave birth to my brother at 36, and she almost died in the process. I had a front row seat for the whole mummy almost dying thing (my parents didn't shelter me from anything), and vividly remember the doctor telling her "what do you expect, having a baby at your age?". She laughed in his face and told him to fuck off... First, last and only time I've heard her drop the f bomb.

On my mom's side my Grandpa was 41 when his first son was born and was 52 when the last was born. Grandma had one child from a previous marriage at the age of 30 and was 33 when she had her first child with Grandpa. She was 44 when she had her youngest.

On my dad's side Grandpa was 24 when dad was born in 1948, with Grandma being 23. They had seven children. The last was born in 1965 - Grandpa was 42 and Grandma 41 at the time.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow a Sunday premiere date. They're really trying hard to push this. I hope it bombs in the ratings. Please, everyone, let Buzzard take one for the team or watch online. lol

I'll be watching online. I don't like that they're exploiting her, but I'll admit to being SUPER CURIOUS about what she has to say. 

They are just piggy backing off her grief to continue making money. They are probably bribing her into doing it- ie do the show or we stop supporting you and your children. Poor Anna. Wish she would wise up and realize she doesn't have to keep putting herself through this. 

Does anyone else think that bringing Anna into this (awful) mix of a special is sort of a ratings grab?  Admittedly, her very sad story is more interesting than the adventures of Jill, Derick, Choo-Choo, Jessa, Bin and Spurgy.  

When the first video came out, I thought they were referencing the molestation scandal. Now listening to what Anna said in the clip, it seems she's alluding to the Ashley Madison hack. Do you think Counting On is going to talk about both scandals? 

I thought it was going to be a fluff piece that ignores all the problems that go on in that family, just like the 19 Kids and Counting show. 

I'm also curious how they are going to cover Jessa's traumatic childbirth. 

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/counting-on-preimere/

Here's the short clip!

Huh. Well now I'll watch. I was going to watch anyway, so nevermind on that. I hope this is something Anna wants to do.

My mental version of this trainwreck, is enough to sustain me, so I don't need to watch it.

I'm sure all of them are "disappointed that Josh strayed from the Lord's path", or some such hooey. Lots of things will be "amazing", all of them, will be "blessed" many times over. No mention of Mom or Dad. 

Honestly, I don't entirely blame Anna for speaking out. 

1. If I were in her shoes, I would WANT to tell people what I was going through, I would want my side shared, even if my side was "I can't help but think what I could have done to prevent it." What was that essay that christian woman wrote that people loved? "Anna needs to breathe fire!" Getting out there,  being honest, and saying my peace is a way to fight back against the man who hurt me more than anything. 

also

2. They are still legally married, and we all know Josh is facing a civil suit. If I had 4 children, and I could provide for them by just telling my story, in a venue I already know, you sure as hell can bet I would do it, even if I means I would get condemned. If It means I can feed my four babies, Id do it.

Also, it looks like for once, we will get a Duggar show that is honest about life..... even if its only for the first 5 minutes. After the squeaky clean, "everything is perfect, there is literally nothing wrong or difficult about our life style", thats nice.  

I'm wondering, on the first part of the Anna Clip she says "It was heartbreaking to hear what had happened" but (in that particular first part of the clip) she didn't seem devastated. I'm wondering if that particular interview took place after the molestation scandal broke but BEFORE the Ashely Madison part came out. The second part of the clip they show her looking more upset, but who knows how editing was done.

When the first video came out, I thought they were referencing the molestation scandal. Now listening to what Anna said in the clip, it seems she's alluding to the Ashley Madison hack. Do you think Counting On is going to talk about both scandals? 

<snip>

When I watched it my first thought was to wonder when that Anna footage was filmed. I feel like that clip had some seriously misleading editing. They want to make us tune in thinking we'll see Anna show her raw feelings about the cheating. I'd be shocked if we will actually get that. The clip with Anna saying she was heartbroken when she found out what happened. I have to wonder if that was filmed months ago when Joshgate 1 broke. I felt like she wasn't actually referencing the cheating but something else. Just my gut feeling because that whole clip smacked of a desperate ratings grab.  

I'm wondering, on the first part of the Anna Clip she says "It was heartbreaking to hear what had happened" but (in that particular first part of the clip) she didn't seem devastated. I'm wondering if that particular interview took place after the molestation scandal broke but BEFORE the Ashely Madison part came out. The second part of the clip they show her looking more upset, but who knows how editing was done.

Ha! posted before I saw this :my_biggrin:

I thought it was going to be a fluff piece that ignores all the problems that go on in that family, just like the 19 Kids and Counting show. 

I'm also curious how they are going to cover Jessa's traumatic childbirth. 

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/jill-jessa-counting-on/counting-on-preimere/

Here's the short clip!

FWIW--  This is all being discussed in the Anna an the M kids thread.  

For my part, I think there is going to be very little honesty in the special.  They will give Anna a couple of minutes to say how hard it was, everyone else will give their authentic canned responses with genuine crocodile tears and then they will say how they trust in God and are moving on.

Honestly, I don't entirely blame Anna for speaking out. 

1. If I were in her shoes, I would WANT to tell people what I was going through, I would want my side shared, even if my side was "I can't help but think what I could have done to prevent it." What was that essay that christian woman wrote that people loved? "Anna needs to breathe fire!" Getting out there,  being honest, and saying my peace is a way to fight back against the man who hurt me more than anything. 

also

2. They are still legally married, and we all know Josh is facing a civil suit. If I had 4 children, and I could provide for them by just telling my story, in a venue I already know, you sure as hell can bet I would do it, even if I means I would get condemned. If It means I can feed my four babies, Id do it.

Also, it looks like for once, we will get a Duggar show that is honest about life..... even if its only for the first 5 minutes. After the squeaky clean, "everything is perfect, there is literally nothing wrong or difficult about our life style", thats nice.  

Bolded: I really hope it's happens the way you describe it but I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong, I hope it will happen. I'm with you there; I'd love to see a show like that. I'm just too skeptic. The Duggars have never really faced big issues on their show. I don't know if TLC was compliant or what... but either they just didn't talk about it or the Duggars tried and failed to dedramatize the situation.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, I might add that whilst I don't think it's necessary for Anna to speak, I hope she's doing it for herself.

I never really watched the show, and I won't watch this.  I don't get excited over the trials and tribulations of Reality Stars.  To me, this is about the same as whichever Kardashian it was who rushed to her soon to be ex husband's bedside (Lamar something?) because there might be a camera around and she'd hate to miss having her picture taken. 

The sad thing for me is that she will probably toe the company line and say what is expected of her (partly my fault, weakness from husband, work to get things back together) to keep the brand going.  

The person who said it makes sense if she is getting the money herself and can use it to support her children without Josh getting his hands on it made a point I agree with.  I wonder if money she earns while still married to Josh is attachable in a lawsuit against Josh, or if Jim Bob will convince her the money is safer with him. 

I sort of feel bad for saying this, but I'm kind of excited to watch? Judging by the clip at least it seems to be a pretty honest look at their lives after joshgate 1-3. Maybe TLC realized that the squeaky clean angle wouldn't cut it anymore? 

It looks like we're finally going to get some honesty from the Duggars. I'm not going to hold my breath though- we all know how they are.

Do they ever do focus groups or anything for shows like this? Is TLC just judging the online response to gauge what people actually want to see? I'm not sure how television networks really measure public interest. 

I don't think there will be any honesty that will reflect badly on the cult. They will dance around the truth. I thought Anna looked "drawn". They will pray and be close to God and then pray in circles and on their knees and pray during medically unattended childbirth. While praying. Poor god. 

I don't think there will be any honesty that will reflect badly on the cult. They will dance around the truth. I thought Anna looked "drawn". They will pray and be close to God and then pray in circles and on their knees and pray during medically unattended childbirth. While praying. Poor god. 

$5 says that "It was heartbreaking to hear what had happened" references either Jill or Jessa's birth complications or something completely irrelevant to Joshgate

My father's mother had her last baby at 40 or so. No one blinked. About 20 years later, a gynecologist told my aunt that ''nowadays mothers are crazy, having babies so old". She turned 31 a month before my cousin was born. 

I hate to say this, but I think that if Anna is going to talk about her situation at this point in time, it's just going to be more "Josh made mistakes but everyone should forgive him because Jesus already has" type of crap. As far as talking about how she really feels, I just don't think she's there yet. Who knows if she'll ever actually stop, look around, and finally wake up. It would be hard for her to get to that point being constantly surrounded by weirdos who keep reinforcing the "happy smile!" doctrine.

And I'm with @Buzzard, the "heartbreaking to hear what happened" comment was probably related to one of the births.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived