IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

Does anybody think JB would allow Jonathan Hartono to court Jana? They look close in age and both are Gothardites.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did say that they weren't going to do a letter theme but might do a family name theme or a place theme. Obviously Selah is neither, so either they changed their minds or it was never a hard and fast thing. But back when Pickles had her "source" the place name theme idea was definitely being talked about. I don't think anyone really expected them to name the baby Nepal, so Israel was a pretty obvious choice.

I recall Jill saying they would do a family name or biblical theme. 

http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-dillard-expecting-son

http://www.today.com/parents/jill-derick-plus-one-8-things-we-learned-about-latest-1D80240002

I don't think they ever mentioned a place theme 

Does anybody think JB would allow Jonathan Hartono to court Jana? They look close in age and both are Gothardites.

Jana and John David did take a month long mission trip to Indonesia (among other places) back in 2012! I think that's what sparked a lot of the rumors about Jana and the young camera man.

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2010/12/jana-and-johns-mission-trip.html

Hooray, the question of how many level the bunks have has been solved.  Now the mystery just remains, in a house that big, why do these boys, none of whom are little boys anymore, have to be jammed into bunks with such little headroom?  These bunks would not meet Australian safety guidelines, which require a safety rail around all four sides of the top bunk.  Safety guidelines don't seem to matter terribly much to the Duggars though.

I didn't really know where to put this so I decided to put it here since we're discussing Jinger in this thread. I follow this girl Krista Gay on IG because she is connected to the Duggars (I don't remember when or how I found out). On her latest post she mentions that a friend of her, Jinger, will be shooting her senior pictures today. This has to be 'our' Jinger right? 

No! what I know of southern christian folk (granted I only know about a dozen or so) "other people" are nice to be friends with, to prove you aren't racists and all, like my mother isn't racist, because she thinks Ben Carson is WONDERFUL, :2wankers: but you don't marry them. 

I wonder about JB's attitudes regarding interracial relationships, but I always thought that a Duggar-Hartono courtship would be interesting, and that for the Duggar kids, it could be an out without leaving the lifestyle, since they could just go "going to Indonesia to see the in-laws, bye" if they wanted to get further away from the TTH, but still live the daddy-approved fundie life. I could see Jana enjoying living in a more spread-out part of Indonesia or in an older, less crowded city (so maybe not Jakarta). Though Jonathan might want to get residency/citizenship in the US, of course.

The Pickles Facebook page is reporting that they have "reliable sources" telling them the Lawson/Jinger courtship rumour isn't true. I wonder who these so-called "sources" are?

her source is probably this thread. Someone already mentioned a Bates aunt shooting it down. I think she tends to exaggerate her pull within the Duggar circles. She was trying to insinuate that she was somehow special in seeing Derick's IG pictures recently when in fact he seems to be adding most who request to follow. I'm not trying to completely discredit her because she does get great pics and knew Isreal's name, but I think she pulls a lot from here while trying to act superior and I find it a bit annoying because her page is also a snark one like this is.

I'm going with Lawson & Jinger, there's too many photos of them hanging out in TN and AR. I really don't think he's courting or pre-courting Joy (too young) or Jana (too busy minding babies, see video below)

does anyone know who the girls sitting at the first piano are?

I've been reading old blogs on the Bates page and I think I've finally come around on the Lawson and Jinger speculations.  Check out how they talk about Alyssa and John in this post before they were officially courting. 

http://thebatesfamily.com/night-on-the-town/

First kelly ignores the question:

• Very nice photos! Everyone looks so happy and like they are having a great time! Is Mr. Webster a gentelman Alyssa is in a courtship with? On a different note how is the church going that you all started? Thank you for sharing your pics & God bless you all.

•  
      KELLY
      Posted at 06:33h, 25 March REPLY

Dear Cheyenne,
      We are so excited about what God is doing in the church! We love the families God has brought our way! It’s such a blessing to have so many little children around! Love, Kelly

Than we get the same double speak we have been seeing with Jinger and Lawson.  

• DENISE
    Posted at 20:12h, 24 March REPLY

I love the pictures! Everyone is so happy! Am I wrong in assuming Alyssa and John are courting? Not sure if that is the correct word or not. I kinda thought that from the pictures when they went to Washington DC.

Thanks for sharing them. You all look so good!

•  
      KELLY
      Posted at 06:31h, 25 March REPLY

Dear Denise,
      Right now, they are just very very good friends that greatly enjoy spending time together…lol! Love, Kelly

This one is much more blunt, and again we get the same exact answers we see to the current speculation 

• LEAH
    Posted at 20:24h, 24 March REPLY

Are Alyssa & John courting too?

•  
      KELLY
      Posted at 06:29h, 25 March REPLY

Dear Leah,
      No they’re just good friends :) Love, Kelly

There are a ton of comments on the post if anyone wants to read more.   

Hooray, the question of how many level the bunks have has been solved.  Now the mystery just remains, in a house that big, why do these boys, none of whom are little boys anymore, have to be jammed into bunks with such little headroom?  These bunks would not meet Australian safety guidelines, which require a safety rail around all four sides of the top bunk.  Safety guidelines don't seem to matter terribly much to the Duggars though.

Yep, this matches with Hartono's LinkedIn saying he built 15 bunks. Obviously that's more than needed with 8 (maybe 9 -- o brother John-David, where art thou) male Duggarlings at home, but they've said in the past that the boy's room is used for guests, too. Not that the Duggars are ever truly neat, but the suitcases in disarray are due to Lawson and the brothers in tow staying there.

I thought Krista was in college. Why is she just now getting senior photos taken?

I'm assuming she is a college senior?

I'm assuming she is a college senior?

I'm wondering how Jinger feels about getting to look but not touch as far as higher education goes?

I've never in my life heard of senior photos in college. Maybe it's a regional thing. (I looked at her FB page and you're right, she must be a senior in college.)

I'm wondering how Jinger feels about getting to look but not touch as far as higher education goes?

Yeah, it's just so sad. At times I just hope these kids are so brainwashed that they simply don't realize that they really are missing out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T520 met Tapatalk

I didn't really know where to put this so I decided to put it here since we're discussing Jinger in this thread. I follow this girl Krista Gay on IG because she is connected to the Duggars (I don't remember when or how I found out). On her latest post she mentions that a friend of her, Jinger, will be shooting her senior pictures today. This has to be 'our' Jinger right? 

I just looked at her Facebook a little bit, and I have to say, I hope she hangs out with Jinger a lot. She has posted a lot of reasonable things and nothing crazy/fundie at all (I've only gone back a couple of weeks, so I'm not saying there's nothing at all there). Hope some of that rubs off on Jinger!

If anything rubs off on Jinger that's too worldly she'll just get thrown in the prayer closet to pray it away as usual. 

I've never heard of senior pictures for college either. Was this girl raised fundie? Maybe it's another one of those stunted things.

Yeah, it's just so sad. At times I just hope these kids are so brainwashed that they simply don't realize that they really are missing out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T520 met Tapatalk

Do we have any reason to think Jinger would want to go to college?  Or do we just think she should?

Do we have any reason to think Jinger would want to go to college?  Or do we just think she should?

I think that the fact that it's not an option for her, whether she wanted to or not, is what the OP means. 

Well FJ Sleuths? Where can you buy a good mustard cardigan? Let's all embrace our inner 11 year olds and get matchy-matchy.

I got mine on Modcloth. It's the Charter School cardigan. 

I've never in my life heard of senior photos in college. Maybe it's a regional thing. (I looked at her FB page and you're right, she must be a senior in college.)

I've been to a college in the south and on the east coast, and both had a place to get senior pictures. It's not as big of a deal as in high school--I don't think most people even did them--but they did exist.

Interesting. Never heard of that here in the Midwest. I'm sure it exists. But it didn't in my circle of family/friends during my college years.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived