IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 8: Are We Still Talking About This?

happy atheist

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit, this is delicious but I feel really bad for Anna and the kids but I think she has drank too much koolaid to sober up and leave his sorry a##.

Oh, Joshly.  Just when my obsessive interest in your public display of psychopathology starts to wane, you get your perverse ass sued for roughing up a sex worker.  You're the gift that keeps on giving.:my_heart:

So true!!  :)

I don't guess that situations like this were covered in the Wisdom Booklets. 

That's got to win the Post-of-the-Week Award!  I imagine old mother Michelle is thumbing through those books right now!  :content:

Did any one else notice that it took about 30 minutes after this story broke for Jill and Jessa to post another baby picture?  Someone should tell them that's not going to work.

None of it surprises me in the least. That weasel has many secrets and they've only just begun. He clearly thought his parent's fame/his 'in' with conservatives, would protect him and give him a free pass. 

I also don't honestly believe he is the only one in the family with closets full of skeletons. And, I am not ashamed to admit that I am anxiously awaiting each new exposure. Watching them crumble and fall proves that justice can be served and karma really is a bitch.

You all are just so WRONG11! This will bring the Duggies much closer together because they will PRAY and PRAY and they will get through this FIRE because Jesus and Gothard. Of course this is the answer, They will be closer to God then. Who could be laughing, actually at this point. 

you forgot "they will pray thru this new season of life!!!"

I feel sorry for Anna.  

Maybe this will be the very thing that pushes her to leave Josh.  

Please please please please plz plzzz! :pray:

(I can only hope)

I wonder if a trial could lead to new relevations? And also, a possible success of this lawsuit could open Pandora's box for real. Who knows how many other women (or men) have been damaged by Duggar family members, and some could feel encouraged to go to court as well.

I wonder if a trial could lead to new relevations? And also, a possible success of this lawsuit could open Pandora's box for real. Who knows how many other women (or men) have been damaged by Duggar family members, and some could feel encouraged to go to court as well.

This summer, In Touch said there was another woman who was coming forward.  But they never published a story about it. They also reported that the non-family victim of Josh's child molestation was filing a lawsuit.  Never heard any more about that, either.  

I haven't read any of the details yet, I just need to express my glee over this. Guys, a lawsuit means a deposition. A deposition means we're going to get a whole lot of dirt. I. CANNOT. WAIT!

If she's lying, it should be pretty easy for him to prove. He'd have receipts, cell phone records, bank statements, or something that would prove he wasn't where she's saying he was.

When I look closely at the blurred out addresses on the complaint (is that the right word?) I'm pretty sure I can make out the cities. Can we take that as confirmation of Josh's recent whereabouts? I mean, would Danica's attorney be privy to Josh's correct address, or could he just be using the address where he believed Josh was at the time? I hope this makes sense. I'm being a bit vague for SEO reasons.

What is SEO? 

I think I can make out the city listed for Josh too. Hmm....

If he loses couldn't he sue her for his fees? I would hope so. there are always three sides to a story. What he says, what she says, and what actually happened. I imagine there are a lot of partial truths to her story. She is not only going after Josh she is going after Anna and the kids. This has to add  to her humiliation and her financial security. Josh may deserve some shitty Karma, but not this. 

If he loses couldn't he sue her for his fees? I would hope so. there are always three sides to a story. What he says, what she says, and what actually happened. I imagine there are a lot of partial truths to her story. She is not only going after Josh she is going after Anna and the kids. This has to add  to her humiliation and her financial security. Josh may deserve some shitty Karma, but not this. 

No, in the US each party pays for their own lawyer, with a few very limited exceptions.  If he wins it will cost him upwards of $200 per hour for his lawyer.  If she wins, he will have to pay his own fees, and her damages.  She will still pay her lawyers.

No, in the US each party pays for their own lawyer, with a few very limited exceptions.  If he wins it will cost him upwards of $200 per hour for his lawyer.  If she wins, he will have to pay his own fees, and her damages.  She will still pay her lawyers.

Her lawyer probably took this on a contingency, which means that Danica doesn't pay anything if she loses.  The one who wins the lawsuit can ask the judge to award attorney fees and court costs.  That happens all the time.  This is not a case in small claims court.

it seems then a wealthy person could just destroy a person in legal fees that way. 

it seems then a wealthy person could just destroy a person in legal fees that way. 

If you sue a wealthy person, you'd better be sure you have a strong case.  

Well, tbh i was kind of hoping that the NFV would sue, but I guess this is close enough.

On another note, at the top of my google results, it says "Josh Duggar Sued for Allegedly Assaulting Mother of Two"

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/11/18/josh-duggar-sued-for-allegedly-assault

Wonder if that's the angle they'll be putting Danica/Ashley in.

And yes, @Grimalkin. That's why a lot of defendants with money settle, regardless of whether they're actually at fault; it's often cheaper than going to trial.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived