IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 8: Are We Still Talking About This?

happy atheist

As much as I want Josh and the Duggars to go down, I can just see things blowing up in this woman's face. He may be disgraced but I really don't know if a prostitute will bring him down. Not that I am judging someone who is a prostitute but honestly, she did it again, despite being scared the first time around. In my most desperate of circumstances, I don't think that you could pay me enough money to have sex with Josh Duggar or give me enough "gifts" as it is. I don't know about this, I really don't know. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please do tell!  We are leaving for Italy in a few days.  Since we are a family of 5 we are booked in 2 rooms.  Do I need to confiscate the TV from the other room to avoid an unplanned sex ed lesson?

I know this is a few days old, so sorry if someone has already asked you about this.

eat all the food for me, please.

Well, if the Duggars haven't blasted off Josh's name off the family tree Sirius Black style, they definitely have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Josh will go R.A.B. and try to take his parents and Quiverfull/ATI/Gothard down. 

I can't get past the fact that she went back a second time; to hear her talk of the first encounter, she was traumatized. She was the first to open her mouth when the Ashley Madison story broke. I of course don't think prostitutes lose the right to say no or should in anyway be physically abused. And I do think Josh is a smarmy jerk and wish that he would go down. But unless there's some big revelation she's holding onto, and she has proof, I don't see how her case has much to stand on. Not in the law profession, just how I see it from the outside.

@Buzzard wrote: "My problem with the allegations is that she's alleging psychological damages which is inconsistent with her behavior (doing it again) and my general knowledge of a professional in her field."

If she's been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, her "psychological damage" might not have been immediately apparent.  Long-term symptom onset is not necessarily immediate.

@angelgirl8811 wrote: "Not that I am judging someone who is a prostitute but honestly, she did it again, despite being scared the first time around."

She apparently agreed to some type of sexual contact the second time, but not to being assaulted (whatever that entails).  While it seems logical for her to expect the accused to replay the first scenario's rough behavior during their second contact, her assessment of risk under a particular set of circumstances would be affected by many factors, particularly if, on the second encounter, the accused convincingly promised not to engage in assaultive behavior.  

You might think that with her professional background, she could reliably predict the risk of a second assault, but that isn't necessarily the case.  Are you familiar with the saying, "Insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results."--?  Given the developmental history typical of many professional sex workers, she may have impaired judgement about how to keep herself safe.

[Since quotation isn't working or is disabled, I'll quote halcionne, to whom I'm replying. halcionne said:

When I look closely at the blurred out addresses on the complaint (is that the right word?) I'm pretty sure I can make out the cities. Can we take that as confirmation of Josh's recent whereabouts? I mean, would Danica's attorney be privy to Josh's correct address, or could he just be using the address where he believed Josh was at the time? I hope this makes sense. I'm being a bit vague for SEO reasons.]

Yes and yes, I see what you're seeing. And the street address appears to be the address of the RU "Men's Facility" in Rockford. Without the recent Duggar plane visit to Rockford, I'd have wondered with you if Danica's attorney was speculating on Josh's address, but the Duggar plane in Rockford seems confirmation to me that Josh was at RU in Rockford. 

The lawsuit explains why the Duggars visited midweek when RU visitation is usually for the weekend. I'm now thinking that the main purpose of their visit north was to see Josh about the lawsuit and that the Republican debate in Milwaukee was the bonus event, rather than the other way around with Josh as the bonus event. 

Interesting too, if we can judge by Duggar flights since August, it appears that no Duggar had visited Josh until the lawsuit visit. I doubt Anna would have flown commercially to visit Josh--way too much opportunity for paparazzi harassment. Same I think with JB or others. While the Duggars may not be shunning Josh, it looks like they're having nothing to do with him but for an absolute necessary, such as the lawsuit. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived