IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 8: Are We Still Talking About This?

happy atheist

For those of you expecting Jessa to be overshadowed again-- nicely done. 

In all seriousness, this is  pretty significant. We've had speculation back and forth for months over whether or not Danica Dillon is telling the truth. Now that she's suing, it makes her seem a whole lot more legitimate. If she's lying, given the specificity of her story, it should be easily proven. That makes me think she's being honest. 

Exactly this.  The specificity of the details (even if the dates are ranges) makes it much more credible, and the fact that they can get him for a deposition, inquiring about all kinds of past malfeasance... JB must be shitting his pants right now.  

ETA: for those who know more about Gothard's teachings, how much will JB be blamed for this?  Will other adherents blame JB for influencing Josh via "sins of the father"?  Or Anna for being unavailable or whatever?  How much blame will Josh himself get?  And who thinks the fallout from these details might get Anna to finally leave?  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder how Danica will/can prove that she and josh were together. i think there was some speculation here that he was in texas during of the the alleged encounters. i also wonder if there is video of the hotel lobby/check in desk or something like a witness to back up her claim, otherwise its a case of she said/he said unless he can prove he was elsewhere...

I don't think she's going to have to prove they were together. I guess my reasoning would be that if they weren't, Smug would have gone on the defensive when the story broke.... not months after "going to rehab" for it, etc.

<Snip, snip go the scissors!>

It does make me sad to hear about people (Josh and Danica) stepping out on their spouses...especially when they have children. Of course that's neither here nor there as it's not a legal issue so much as a moral issue. .

We know the type of marriage Josh pretended to have, but we don't know what sort of marriage Danica has with her husband. It's possible he knew nothing, it's possible he knew everything, and it's possible (and likely) he knew about some of it. These "encounters" may have been done with his full knowledge and approval.

(Not saying they were, just that we can't know unless they come out and talk about their marriage publicly.)

Without knowing any more information, I feel really bad for Anna and the kids.  Any financial support they should have has the potential to be eaten up by the lawsuit.

I feel sorry for Anna.  

Maybe this will be the very thing that pushes her to leave Josh.  

I am not holding my breath for anything juicy. Anyone who can pay the filing fee can sue. Filing a lawsuit does not give legitimacy to anything and my guess is that she is looking for a quick buck.  I am no Josh fan and think he is a horrible child molester but not even I believe she would win anything in a jury trial. A bench trial would even be worse. It is not as easy as it seems and to take a case to trial would be expensive on both sides. She might be able to get a lawyer on contingency but it's hard to find an attorney who will shell out a lot of money when the chances of winning big are slim. She might find an attorney who just wants publicity. Her best bet would be to see if Josh will give a quick settlement just to keep her from giving more interviews and that is still not an admission of guilt. 

I have no idea about the causes of action on which she is suing but you have to be able to prove each element and whatever she told radaronline or whatever magazine she spoke to is not going to be enough to prove a case. 

She might be able to get a lawyer on contingency but it's hard to find an attorney who will shell out a lot of money when the chances of winning big are slim. She might find an attorney who just wants publicity.

Her lawyer is named in the article:

Danica’s attorney Marc Frumer

Holy shit Batman. :popcorn2: 

It's awful because of Anna and the M kids but at the same time... Karma sucks, Joshy. Can't wait to see this unfold.

:TrainWreckMotion:

Oh this is just awesome. It's going to be so great to see what comes out of this. Josh, JB and Michelle are screwed. 

On the other hand, I imagine Jessa and Jill will be subpeonaed to discuss the abuse. Maybe even the other girls involved. I don't like the idea of them having to go through the ringer again, but I doubt they will just be left alone. 

I am not holding my breath for anything juicy. Anyone who can pay the filing fee can sue. Filing a lawsuit does not give legitimacy to anything and my guess is that she is looking for a quick buck.  I am no Josh fan and think he is a horrible child molester but not even I believe she would win anything in a jury trial. A bench trial would even be worse. It is not as easy as it seems and to take a case to trial would be expensive on both sides. She might be able to get a lawyer on contingency but it's hard to find an attorney who will shell out a lot of money when the chances of winning big are slim. She might find an attorney who just wants publicity. Her best bet would be to see if Josh will give a quick settlement just to keep her from giving more interviews and that is still not an admission of guilt. 

I have no idea about the causes of action on which she is suing but you have to be able to prove each element and whatever she told radaronline or whatever magazine she spoke to is not going to be enough to prove a case. 

The interview she gave to In Touch magazine was while she was hooked up to a lie detector machine.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/josh-duggar-cheating-affair-mistress-ashley-madison-danica-dillon-68130

Does he even have 500k? I doubt he does. I'm thinking she had her lawyer try to shake him down to keep quiet, and when he didn't pay up, she decided to sue. Maybe Jim Bob will pony up the money to settle out of court so Josh won't have to testify and bring further negative attention to the family. 

I guess this is why the house was sold.  We were all wondering about that.  And I honestly wonder if Danica would win a lawsuit.  It would depend on how the jury(?) saw her, and she was selling sex (even if it is politely concealed as "her company").  So there may be an out-of-court settlement, unless Danica wants the exposure more than the money.

The smartest thing Anna could do at this point (but she won't) is sue for divorce.  This will separate her estate (such as it is) from anything Josh has to "cough up."  It will also get her and the kids somewhat out of the limelight.

All I can say at this point is poor Anna and poor M kids, they could lose everything because of this.

I've been meaning to tell you that I love your name! :dance:

I guess this is why the house was sold.  We were all wondering about that.  And I honestly wonder if Danica would win a lawsuit.  It would depend on how the jury(?) saw her, and she was selling sex (even if it is politely concealed as "her company").  So there may be an out-of-court settlement, unless Danica wants the exposure more than the money.

I have a feeling if they went to a trial with a jury (i'm not sure if that's possible or not in a case like this? i know nothing.) her lawyer will make a huge deal about how even though she sold sex it does not give Josh reason to hurt her. Any lawyer up to snuff will know that this is a source of possible bias and will do everything he can to iron that out beforehand.

Danica is a professional.  She carefully worded her statements to In Touch as said that Josh "offered her a gift."  Josh, on the other hand is not sophisticated enough to know what to say about the money he offered her.  In Pennsylvania, where the sexual encounters occurred, prostitution and soliciting a prostitute are both illegal.  If Josh isn't careful about what he admits to, he could be arrested when he goes to Pennsylvania to testify. 

You all are just so WRONG11! This will bring the Duggies much closer together because they will PRAY and PRAY and they will get through this FIRE because Jesus and Gothard. Of course this is the answer, They will be closer to God then. Who could be laughing, actually at this point. 

We know the type of marriage Josh pretended to have, but we don't know what sort of marriage Danica has with her husband. It's possible he knew nothing, it's possible he knew everything, and it's possible (and likely) he knew about some of it. These "encounters" may have been done with his full knowledge and approval.

(Not saying they were, just that we can't know unless they come out and talk about their marriage publicly.)

True. I hadn't even thought of that. I forget that some people are fine with open marriages. It's just a foreign concept to me so it didn't even enter my mind.

Well, this will be interesting. Poor Jessa -- even naming her spawn Spurgeon couldn't keep her the center of attention and the family out of the fray for long!

The interview she gave to In Touch magazine was while she was hooked up to a lie detector machine.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/josh-duggar-cheating-affair-mistress-ashley-madison-danica-dillon-68130

Yeah but lie detectors don't truly work. That's why they're not admissible in court. If you believe your lie or aren't nervous about it, you can fool a lie detector. 

WOW!  If there's weren't 4 little children involved, I'd be rejoicing.

I do wonder if she has a case, though. In the early InTouch article she says it was all consensual, rough but consensual. And now, in the recent InTouch, she's suing, claiming it wasn't?  Seems like that's a defending lawyer's dream--they've got her saying in a published article where they say she took a lie detector test and passed--saying it was all consensual. Hmmmm.....

Danica has an ex-husband.  I'd post a link but it has "viewer discretion advised" pictures on it.

I feel horribly for Anna and her children. As others have said, she needs to run NOW.

I feel the Duggars need to look hard and long at this situation and retain a decent lawyer. Danica has had time to talk to attorneys and has been very careful about her wording of things and I think she knows exactly what she is up against and plans to win. I think if they are not careful she may bring all of their nasty little secrets into the open and they will not be able to stop the flow of nastiness. A lot of people are very "down" on the Duggars since this came out but they do not follow them or know how really nasty they are like the FJer's do. This could cause a split with their church as the church may choose to 'wash their hands" of the Duggars due to the publicity. Yes, she was selling sex but Josh had no right to cause her physical harm. Period. He is just so smug I think he feels whatever he chose to do in that situation was ok since she was being paid. But, many people will not look at it in the same manner.

I have no doubt that the incident occurred exactly as she alleges .  I do NOT believe that she was as traumatized as she says, mainly because she did it again.  She says it was so bad that she needs counseling.

Maybe I'm just being cranky, but I cant accept that she was so traumatized by this incident that she did it again months later, especially if he didnt pay the first time.  She's a professional and I totally get not calling the police, but professionals know how to shoo the krazies away.  If it was as bad as she says she would have had a bouncer remove him when he approached her again.

I hate to say it, but I dont like this case. 

Lie detector tests aren't exactly foolproof - that's why the results aren't really admissible in a lot of courts. It's easy enough to look guilty about something serious when your body is actually just reacting to the stress of the situation. It could help lend some credibility or legitimacy to the interview she gave them initially - but I don't think it really proves anything other than InTouch believes her.

WOW!  If there's weren't 4 little children involved, I'd be rejoicing.

I do wonder if she has a case, though. In the early InTouch article she says it was all consensual, rough but consensual. And now, in the recent InTouch, she's suing, claiming it wasn't?  Seems like that's a defending lawyer's dream--they've got her saying in a published article where they say she took a lie detector test and passed--saying it was all consensual. Hmmmm.....

From what I read, she isn't claiming he raped her; she did state it felt as if he were raping her, but that she never told him to stop or indicated she was scared. I don't see any massive differences between her initial story and the court documents to be honest.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived