IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose *cringe*

happy atheist

If that happens, I vote we all bombard her with the question. :lol:

This is kind of a dumb question, but people can be banned from a public facebook page, right? Because I wouldn't put it past Erika to bring out the ban hammer if people start regularly pointing out her and her husband's hypocrisy!

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people were sprinkled by their local priest/minister when they were christened as babies, and it meant nothing at all to them. It was just what people did a few years ago. If that's what she's talking about, I don't think it's a huge deal either.

If she's talking babptism as in full immersion, then maybe that's different, I don't know. I see full immersion as something an adult chooses to do later on in life.

I just noticed the difference in spelling... What's that about? *googling*

ETA- so just FYI, there's no such thing! That's a spelling error. It's baptism. There's only one b. That's what I thought. The root is baptize.

Man I really hope she doesn't just ignore me. I don't expect a response yet but I'm worried that's what will end up happening. It would even be better if she just deletes it. If that happens I hope one of you will be up to asking her again hehehe.

I also hope bob gets in trouble. I have no problem annoying the patriarch of a fundie family. Even if Erika is calling the shots, he does nothing to stop her so he's still guilty lol.

Oh I'm sure Erika is furious that Bob is fucking up how she has presented her whole family as avoiding all things Halloween. I'm not sure how she could answer without admitting that Bob really thinks God is okay with Halloween jokes. This is a woman who bashed someone for giving the appearance of celebrating Halloween and here her own husband is posting violent Halloween jokes on FB.

Oh I'm sure Erika is furious that Bob is fucking up how she has presented her whole family as avoiding all things Halloween. I'm not sure how she could answer without admitting that Bob really thinks God is okay with Halloween jokes. This is a woman who bashed someone for giving the appearance of celebrating Halloween and here her own husband is posting violent Halloween jokes on FB.

The only thing I can think of her trying is "well bob is mocking the Halloween. He knows we don't celebrate it so he didn't see the harm."

It's bull, but the only option I came up with.

In other news, I can't believe I've evolved to the level of calling out fundies on fb. Fj what have you done to me?

The only thing I can think of her trying is "well bob is mocking the Halloween. He knows we don't celebrate it so he didn't see the harm."

It's bull, but the only option I came up with.

In other news, I can't believe I've evolved to the level of calling out fundies on fb. Fj what have you done to me?

I think it's awesome that you called her out!! I can't wait to see the response,

I think it's awesome that you called her out!! I can't wait to see the response,

Thing is, on Wikipedia, I saw something about how if people dress up and so on it's a kind of mockery of Satan, and that people put up scary decorations to scare him away.

Has anyone seen the comment that says "Wow you guys are all kinds of crazy?" ??

No response to your comment as of yet, zadie. But it has received three likes.

Add me to the 'Can't Wait For An Answer' list!! How on earth does Erica get out of this one? Bob clearly gets a giggle out of Halloween so Erica is being extremely unsubmissive.

Tut tut :cracking-up:

PS: I also reckon Erica must have contributed more post counts than any other fundie at this stage? Anyone know if I'm right?? As an individual obviously - it's not fair to put her up against the entire Duggar or Maxwell clans.....

I'm Catholic. I believe in infant baptism. I don't think it's a problem to baptize a child before they're aware of what's going on. YMMV.

PS: I also reckon Erica must have contributed more post counts than any other fundie at this stage? Anyone know if I'm right?? As an individual obviously - it's not fair to put her up against the entire Duggar or Maxwell clans.....

She has contributed six titles: Being Paid in Jellybeans (200), In Full On *beam* mode (350), I Make Up My Own Words (3400), In The Hamster Cage of Horrors (3600), Bringing Froot Loops for Dessert (4200) and partly contributed If You Disagree with Me, You Disagree with God! (4300).

I may have missed some due to skimming the list, but I think she's even contributed more than Doug Phillips :music-tool:

I find Erika to be the most entertaining of the fundies we snark on.

I would like more to do with Zsu and the PP. I'm a little afraid to wade into that particular thread right now though.

She has contributed six titles: Being Paid in Jellybeans (200), In Full On *beam* mode (350), I Make Up My Own Words (3400), In The Hamster Cage of Horrors (3600), Bringing Froot Loops for Dessert (4200) and partly contributed If You Disagree with Me, You Disagree with God! (4300).

I may have missed some due to skimming the list, but I think she's even contributed more than Doug Phillips :music-tool:

I just thought "my goal is to make it to "Bringing Fruit Loops for Dessert"! Then I started wondering about my life choices...

I'm Catholic. I believe in infant baptism. I don't think it's a problem to baptize a child before they're aware of what's going on. YMMV.

Well, I certainly don't mean to disrespect your beliefs so I'm sorry if I came across that way! I don't agree with it but that's my belief. I think it's beautiful that we live in a world where everyone has the right to their own beliefs and values and we can still love and respect one another! No snark intended!

ETA- can someone please tell me who PP is? I've been trying to find an appropriate place to ask...

Edited again because I agree that Erika is one of my favorites! She's ridiculous!

ETA- can someone please tell me who PP is? I've been trying to find an appropriate place to ask...

PP is for "Pissing Preacher" He is Steven Anderson, the husband of Zsu Anderson. They are the fundies with the blog "Are they all yours ?!???" A fundie family with 8 kids living in Arizona. He is called PP because he once gave a sermon about men peeing in a manly way, I believe.

PP is for "Pissing Preacher" He is Steven Anderson, the husband of Zsu Anderson. They are the fundies with the blog "Are they all yours ?!???" A fundie family with 8 kids living in Arizona. He is called PP because he once gave a sermon about men peeing in a manly way, I believe.

THANK YOU! I am still fairly new around here and I have yet to check them out! Maybe I'll have a look today! :)

I don't think Erika is very well informed (*bright*). From her blog (all comments paraphrased):

Commenter: What do you think about Christians handing out candy with gospel messages on Hallowe'en?

Erika: "..they could pass out tracks instead of candy.." (that's an actual quote)

Commenter: If we, as Christians, can separate the pagan origins from Easter and Christmas, why not Hallowe'en?

Erika: I've researched and don't find the pagan origins of Easter and Christmas to be correct. My research shows me they are both completely Christ-centred. Hallowe'en isn't.

Commenter: It's weird you have a Christmas tree as it is a pagan symbol.

Erika: From my research, the Christmas tree has Christ-centred roots (I'm not sure she even realized this was a pretty cool pun) so we have a tree.

Commenter: What do I do when my child has to deal with Hallowe'en shit at school?

Erika: Pray

Commenter: What about different interpretations of the Bible?

Erika: Nope. The KJV is very accurate. Christ says so right in there.

Commenter: I'm Catholic so...

Erika: Yeah. Catholics aren't Christians so...

Commenter: What's the second of the two Satanic holidays again?

Erika: I can't remember.

Commenter: Kirk Cameron says it's ok to celebrate Hallowe'en.

Erika: Shit. Really? Too Bad. He is incorrect.

Commenter: Ok, so you've done all this research on everything. How about sharing your sources so we know you are speaking the truth?

Erika: My sources are credible. Plus scripture.

*smile*

I've never actually looked closely at the comments on her posts. She doesn't answer any in depth questions ever! And idiots continue to look to a woman who can't back up her claims for biblical advice. God, she sucks.

She really does suck! I also REALLY need her to know the word "tracts"

I used my fake account to point that out to her and also ask again for her resources! :)

I think a lot of who baptizes infants is based on if they believe in an age of accountability or not. My family did, so they declined any dedications or baptisms for babies or small children. My baptist in-laws don't baptize infants, but push 4 and 5 year olds to get saved and baptized, always "their decision". :roll: Meanwhile various extended family members, from nondenominational fundie lite to High church Episcopalian have baptisms, dedications, etc of their infants. If I'm invited, I go, as usually there is a nice brunch... :D

That said, a Roman Catholic friend of mine shocked me when she told me that since her daughter, who now attends a Unitarian church, didn't get her children baptized, she (the grandmother) had baptized them herself as Catholics. I am guessing she did this herself, as would a priest do that? Would that even count?

I used my fake account to point that out to her and also ask again for her resources! :)

Good luck with the vocab lessons for Erika! She makes up words for a reason! *beam* *chucklefuck*

Did you comment on her facebook or the blog? Because I don't see the comment on her facebook (I hope she hasn't deleted it!). Either way, you're doing God's work, honey!!

Did you comment on her facebook or the blog? Because I don't see the comment on her facebook (I hope she hasn't deleted it!). Either way, you're doing God's work, honey!!

Hahaha! On the blog... She hasn't responded yet... I even added a *smile* but I definitely prefer *chucklefuck* that's a new one and I love it!

Hahaha! On the blog... She hasn't responded yet... I even added a *smile* but I definitely prefer *chucklefuck* that's a new one and I love it!

Haha perfect! I just saw your comment. She HAS been replying to recent comments on her blog so hopefully she responds to yours, too! Fingers crossed. *smile* *retch*

I was just reading some of the Facebook comments and don't they understand that if people are worshipping satan or whatever, it's not on Halloween, it's likely on a regular basis? I don't really care about Halloween, my mom didn't want to celebrate it because she felt it wasn't Christian, but she never made a big deal about it with us. She wasn't talking about the devil and all that. I feel like if anything Erika and friends are probably scaring their kids by talking like that! What 5 year old isn't going to be freaked out when their parents say, "we can't leave the house tonight because everyone is in scary costumes worshipping satan!" Are you kidding me?? That would have given me nightmares!

Archived