IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose *cringe*

happy atheist

I finally went, too. Bob sure has a strong stance on gun control, I wonder if Erika lets him have a gun in the house? Also, good Lord, if only I were playing GOP Bingo...

You have to be kidding me right now? I haven't looked at his fb myself; only what you've all posted. After seeing this bingo shit I don't know if I can handle that much ignorance in one sitting! Is someone on FJ fucking with all of us? Come on, who's pretending to be Bob Shupe? You're a genius/crazy :)

Now I have to go look... God help me...

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erika can *totally* be submissive and make Bob see how terribly wrong he is at the same time. In situations like these, she advises that you should "pray for your husband, and pray that the Lord will give you grace and peace while you submit to your husband."

So she will pray LOUDLY for Bob, and pray for peace and grace while sitting next to Bob at the dinner table...and while sitting next to Bob while he is sharing things on facebook..and while standing next to Bob while he is in the shower...and while laying next to Bob while he is (trying to be) asleep. Before you know it, *praise the Lord* Bob will be moved to delete those Halloween posts. Faith in action, you guys. *smile*

:cracking-up:

You have to be kidding me right now? I haven't looked at his fb myself; only what you've all posted. After seeing this bingo shit I don't know if I can handle that much ignorance in one sitting! Is someone on FJ fucking with all of us? Come on, who's pretending to be Bob Shupe? You're a genius/crazy :)

Now I have to go look... God help me...

Stage One: Denial.

:pray:

Hahaha at the denial! Well after taking a look at that madness here are a couple of my thoughts:

1. Obviously he hates Obama and loves his guns. I respectfully disagree with both but whatever. I'm guessing he's okay with being so public about it because he likely prefers to do business with those who share his views. Not a wise business man but I guess that's more important than money?

2. What I don't respect or have any tolerance for whatsoever is bigotry. When I started seeing the memes about Muslims it made me angry. I would love to comment on Erika's blog and reference the Bible verses about how others will know us (Christians) BY OUR LOVE, and ask her how, exactly, bigotry fits into loving others the way Christ did.

Oh, a Christian like that explained it to me once on Facebook. You see, when Jesus comes back for the rapture he'll be a terrifying punisher. The fuzzy, poor- and minority-loving Jesus was just in the New Testament. When he returns it'll be to burn the world, so by hating everyone preemptively they're just being Christ-like, and he's pretty proud of them.

Update!

Someone replied to my fb question saying the second picture seems tasteless. She seems to be one of erika's followers but I'm not sure. Her fb is private and I'm basing this solely on her having a bible quote as her cover photos.

I wonder if this will encourage Erika to respond.

Update!

Someone replied to my fb question saying the second picture seems tasteless. She seems to be one of erika's followers but I'm not sure. Her fb is private and I'm basing this solely on her having a bible quote as her cover photos.

It might be one of her followers but I looked at the other comments on that post and the person who replied to you also replied to Erika's "It's not just my opinion, it's GOD'S!" statement, telling her that yes, it actually is just her opinion and interpretation. So if she follows Erika she's definitely not a mindless lemming about it.

It might be one of her followers but I looked at the other comments on that post and the person who replied to you also replied to Erika's "It's not just my opinion, it's GOD'S!" statement, telling her that yes, it actually is just her opinion and interpretation. So if she follows Erika she's definitely not a mindless lemming about it.

Ooohh interesting. Do you think if more people commented Erika would address it? Like if you fellow FJers left comments tagging the page and asking her? Not in a mean way though, I don't want her to claim harrassment or whatever lol.

I wonder what would happen if I asked bob himself hahaahahah

Update!

Ha! I just saw "Mothertrucker" on that second pic! :lol: Nice addition. Totally representative of the over the top holy picture Erika tries to paint of their family.

It'd be nice if the reader who Erika "encouraged" to pray about her family's decision to celebrate Halloween took this opportunity to encourage Erika to mind her own business and maybe pray about Bob's Facebook ;)

There's also a verse in that KJV Bible of her's warning that pride and a haughty spirit goeth before the fall (in this case, from her high horse). :roll:

That's not my opinion though- it's God's. ;)

Seriously though, I can't get over her admonishing those women for celebrating Halloween...but for heaven's sake ignore Bob, because he's over there Halloweening all over the place.

I think this is a "catfish" for fundies only. She only has 4 friends -- 3 are Shraders and one is Lori Alexander. That, and willing to call out Erika. I could be wrong though but it's a suspicious profile but she's not taking any of Erika's crap so I'm all for it.

She still has not responded to my question on the blog but I wonder if she will respond to mine and this new one:

"I'm sorry to keep hopping in here , but I have a sincere question. I referred earlier to "disputable matters," which I thought was standard theology. When I read you dismiss Kirk Cameron's views on Halloween as "wrong," it occurred to me---do you believe that there ARE disputable matters, issues not clearly addressed that can be left as matters of conscience? Or do you truly believe you have the correct answer to everything? Again, this is a sincere question and I hope you will answer. Thanks, Erika."

I predict *crickets*

There's also a verse in that KJV Bible of her's warning that pride and a haughty spirit goeth before the fall (in this case, from her high horse). :roll:

That's not my opinion though- it's God's. ;)

Seriously though, I can't get over her admonishing those women for celebrating Halloween...but for heaven's sake ignore Bob, because he's over there Halloweening all over the place.

It'd be glorious to see someone post Proverbs 16:18 (KJV OF COURSE) on her wall. She is the dictionary definition of haughty!

That said, a Roman Catholic friend of mine shocked me when she told me that since her daughter, who now attends a Unitarian church, didn't get her children baptized, she (the grandmother) had baptized them herself as Catholics. I am guessing she did this herself, as would a priest do that? Would that even count?

I don't think it would count if a priest didn't baptise the child. But if a priest did it, I think it would.

A friend of mine had her mother tell her she would have her newborn son baptised in secret, but I don't think she did.

Being brought up Catholic, we were always taught that only priests can baptise or give the last rites. However, if there's no priest around and it's an emergency, anyone can do it.

So if a baby is born somewhere and looks like they won't live, it's fine for a lay person to baptise it and God will understand. However, if the baby then lives, you gotta get it done "properly" by a priest.

Similarly if a person is dying and there's no priest around, anyone can give the last rites, which is basically just whispering an Act of Contrition into their ear and praying over them. Course, with my luck, I'll be dying on the side of the road and the first person along will be Steven Anderson. Can you imagine him bellowing at you as you take your last breaths?.....

:hand:

I think Bob is an interesting character. I have a feeling that given a different wife he wouldn't be fundi at all. I have a feeling that Erika doesn't "submit" to his will because she doesn't believe his "will" is that they are truly fundi.

She still has not responded to my question on the blog but I wonder if she will respond to mine and this new one:

"I'm sorry to keep hopping in here , but I have a sincere question. I referred earlier to "disputable matters," which I thought was standard theology. When I read you dismiss Kirk Cameron's views on Halloween as "wrong," it occurred to me---do you believe that there ARE disputable matters, issues not clearly addressed that can be left as matters of conscience? Or do you truly believe you have the correct answer to everything? Again, this is a sincere question and I hope you will answer. Thanks, Erika."

I predict *crickets*

I don't see your question posted. Was it deleted? :think:

Edited: Nevermind. I saw it on the blog. I was looking at Facebook comments first.

I think Bob is an interesting character. I have a feeling that given a different wife he wouldn't be fundi at all. I have a feeling that Erika doesn't "submit" to his will because she doesn't believe his "will" is that they are truly fundi.

Yup. But don't fundies always add that you only have to submit to your husband's will if it aligns with God? Maybe that's how Erika justifies it to herself. She clearly thinks she speaks for God.

Since I know people are going to ask, that phrase was in Jill and Derek's vows. And I swear I've heard other people say it but I can't remember off the top of my head. Maybe it's only the duggars?

My parents are super catholic. I was agnostic at the time my daughter was born, now I'm an atheist. When she was born, my mom nearly had a stroke when I refused to have her baptized, she said she'd do it behind my back. Since she was bffs with the priest, and I was a teenager, I think she could've done it. I had a conniption, and told her if she did, then she'd never see my daughter or me ever again. I don't think baptism means anything, so I guess I could've let her do what makes her happy, but that wasn't the point. The point was her outright disrespect for the way I planned to raise my daughter, and I knew that if I allowed the baptism, she would undermine me on every decision until my daughter was 18. I'm glad I stood my ground because it was the principle that mattered. Setting boundaries with my mom has been challenging, but so, so worth it.

Yup. But don't fundies always add that you only have to submit to your husband's will if it aligns with God? Maybe that's how Erika justifies it to herself. She clearly thinks she speaks for God.

Since I know people are going to ask, that phrase was in Jill and Derek's vows. And I swear I've heard other people say it but I can't remember off the top of my head. Maybe it's only the duggars?

I can't recall if Erika has said that her submissiveness depends on whether Bob is following God or not, but I can imagine that she feels that way simply because it allows her to always be in the right (because Erika knows God's will, right?).

I get the feeling that Bob let's Erika call the shots at home, and do what she wants with the kids. I think Erika has dragged Bob down the fundie rabbit hole, since she has alluded to the fact that Bob wasn't necessarily happy about changing over to an all-skirt wardrobe. And we know Bob still jokes about Halloween. I think he pulls that kind of shit and Erika turns a blind eye to it because otherwise, Bob lets her do what she wishes with the kids.

I flipped through the pics on Bob's facebook and found a funny one. He's having "snuggles" with the twins when they were really little. One is asleep with her father, and the other is looking at the camera like "get me the hell out of there!" Baby twin knows what's up :lol:

I flipped through the pics on Bob's facebook and found a funny one. He's having "snuggles" with the twins when they were really little. One is asleep with her father, and the other is looking at the camera like "get me the hell out of there!" Baby twin knows what's up :lol:

Hahaha! Kids are astoundingly intuitive!

I think being fundie suits Erika because there are strict rules on behaviour, clothing, schooling and it suits the control freak part of her nature to follow all those rules as they give her control over the family. Complete control. I don't think Bob has a great deal of say in things, and when they began having children, probably took the path of least resistance and deferred to his wife's supposedly better judgement on such things.

Bob's parents are the ones they have ostracised, so I think they are probably more fundie-lite than Erika's family, therefore, they had to go as they wouldn't do what Erika told them. They probably spoiled little Karen and Melanie, as grandparents do, and that just wasn't on with Erika, who wanted the kids to be under her rule all the time, no matter where they were or who they were with. Erika's family are probably more like her, so they passed the obedient grandparents test.

No sympathy for Bob though. He helped Erika become the massive control freak she is by allowing her to run over everyone.

I don't think it would count if a priest didn't baptise the child. But if a priest did it, I think it would.

A friend of mine had her mother tell her she would have her newborn son baptised in secret, but I don't think she did.

My grandmother tried to do exactly this with me. I was her first grandchild that wasn't getting baptized and she was furious about it. She went to her priest (because if it isn't an emergency, you need a priest), but he told her he couldn't do it. Parents of the child have to sign or promise something, I don't now the specific rules, but the Roman Catholic Church will not allow a priest to baptize a child without consent of it's parents.

My grandmother then tried to convince me to convert to Catholicism by myself, and I loved all the necklaces with little golden crosses she gave my. It didn't work though, when puberty hit, I became a lost soul.

I dunno how fundie Erika's family is--the photograph of them on Bob Shupe's page makes them look non-fundie. There's even a woman in shorts and a little girl in a sleeveless sundress.

post-8463-1445200091195_thumb.jpg

Archived