IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose *cringe*

happy atheist

I think the BEST response would be to copy paste exactly what she said to another reader; ". And to others Bob still appear to be celebrating. Outside appearances do matter."

Then offer to pray for Bob.

Fuck it, I can't let the bullshit stand. I'm gonna say it.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am having too much fun with this someone stop me.

No way! Do it! That response is brilliant! Because then she's going to argue with her very own words and then you can call her out and then OMGGG, we'll all be laughing in tears!!

I am having too much fun with this someone stop me.

We will just encourage you to continue. :lol:

Don't feel slightly bad because she just got done chewing some woman out because her children dressed up as Saints. Saints! She deserves to have her hypocrisy pointed out.

I just checked the blog. She ignored my question from my fake account. She somewhat answered the last woman's questions... Basically saying that The Bible/she has more of the right answers than people usually like to acknowledge. Ugh.

Edit - fake name, I'd never use someone else's photos!

We will just encourage you to continue. :lol:

Don't feel slightly bad because she just got done chewing some woman out because her children dressed up as Saints. Saints! She deserves to have her hypocrisy pointed out.

HAHA I def do NOT feel bad for HER lol. I just don't need crazy fundies chewing me out on fb lol. Though if they did I would still be laughing at the annoyance so it's stll worth it.

For anyone who hasn't seen it this is my response

"And to others Bob still appears to be celebrating. I thought outside appearances matter?"

Erika should maybe listen to herself -- she said this to another:

"But it looks to others - your witness - that you support and participate in Halloween. And it's really trying to justify wanting to participate in something that is completely anti-Christ. For Christians, this is wrong and dangerous. Simply put."

Did one of you wonderful people leave that comment? Cause that was excellent.

*beam* I have no self control *smile*

Before it's gone:

Krystle:

Definitely for your witness! Erika has talked about this a lot on the blog! I'll be praying for Bob, Erika, and you and the kids! *hugs*

Well she claims that she doesn't delete unless someone is completely argumentative.... But we seem to have plenty of evidence that she has zero integrity!

Bravo to our FJ commenters. I love seeing those comments on her page. :lol:

I predict that in the next few days or so, Erika will announce that she's taking a short break from posting on the FB page because its taking too much time from Bob and the kids. She enjoys interacting with her readers but at the moment, its just taking too much energy.

(meaning, she can't handle being called out on her hypocrisy)

Bravo to our FJ commenters. I love seeing those comments on her page. :lol:

I predict that in the next few days or so, Erika will announce that she's taking a short break from posting on the FB page because its taking too much time from Bob and the kids. She enjoys interacting with her readers but at the moment, its just taking too much energy.

(meaning, she can't handle being called out on her hypocrisy)

Has she done that before? Not that I doubt you, just curious.

I'd really love to ask her about what's she thinks of different races and discrimination in today's society after browsing Bob's fb. Is it ok for her daughters to talk to...heaven forbid, marry someone of a different race? Would she accept multi racial grandkids?

I'd really love to ask her about what's she thinks of different races and discrimination in today's society after browsing Bob's fb. Is it ok for her daughters to talk to...heaven forbid, marry someone of a different race? Would she accept multi racial grandkids?

I wondered that too, posting on her blog as a black woman who she ignored. Not saying she ignored me because I'm black but I do wonder how she GENUINELY feels about other races.

Has she done that before? Not that I doubt you, just curious.

Not exactly that, but she has said some time in the past year or so that she is not going to write as many new posts for her blog (hence, all of the recycled blog posts). I guess I've just seen a fair number of other bloggers say something to the effect of "I'm taking time away from my blog because its taking up too much energy" with the real meaning that they are tired of the negativity in the comments.

I'm predicting that she may lay low for a little bit as a result of the uptick of critical comments (which are VERY warranted, by the way). But who knows, she may stick around despite that!

HAHA another reply!

"How is posting a photo of Halloween sillyness celebrating Halloween or undermining our principled positions? Seems like your're seriously grasping at straws. Anyone else notice that the date on the first photo is from 2014. Even if you wanted to call these Halloween photos one post is hardly a celebration of the event and everything surrounding it."

No Erika, I'm not grasping at straws. I'm grasping at the wispy little hairs of reasons you keep trying to throw in everyone else's faces.

:dance: :dance: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

HAHA another reply!

"How is posting a photo of Halloween sillyness celebrating Halloween or undermining our principled positions? Seems like your're seriously grasping at straws. Anyone else notice that the date on the first photo is from 2014. Even if you wanted to call these Halloween photos one post is hardly a celebration of the event and everything surrounding it."

No Erika, I'm not grasping at straws. I'm grasping at the wispy little hairs of reasons you keep trying to throw in everyone else's faces.

:dance: :dance: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

I luckily came across it minutes after she posted that reply. You can tell from reading in between the lines that she's coming undone. What does it matter that its from 2014? That excuse won't work with the Lord!

I'm sooooo tempted to post a snarky reply. She's just being willfully dense at this point.

I luckily came across it minutes after she posted that reply. You can tell from reading in between the lines that she's coming undone. What does it matter that its from 2014? That excuse won't work with the Lord!

I'm sooooo tempted to post a snarky reply. She's just being willfully dense at this point.

Yes! She hates being called out. She's also not very good at covering it up. Instead of being like "oh it's from 2014 it doesn't matter" she COULD have said "oh well as you can see it's from 2014 so Bob learned his lesson" or some nonsense.

Suddenly the year matters? Though people who said they let their kids dress up still had to be "prayed for" even though it was last year or longer.

Tsk tsk Erika :penguin-no:

Just to keep everyone who isn't following on fb updated, these two comments were posted by two different people after her reply.

"Whilst you and I understand that these jokes are merely jokes, less godly people might take this as permission to engage in Halloween. I am worried that, while trying to be good, Christian examples, you might be mistakenly leading people astray. As you said earlier, appearances matter. By laughing at Halloween silliness, or pointing out it's ridiculousness, I think we should be careful of giving the wrong impression to others not as secure in their faith, that's all."

"But if you choose to avoid Halloween because of its celebration of death and pagan origins, why does your husband post things on facebook that make a joke out of violence and death? I encourage you to take a closer look at the Lord's word about speaking evil:

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. -Proverbs 18:21

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.-Ephesians 4:29"

I'm assuming those are both FJers, but even if they're not I still wanna say I love you guys. :hug4:

Just to keep everyone who isn't following on fb updated, these two comments were posted by two different people after her reply.

"Whilst you and I understand that these jokes are merely jokes, less godly people might take this as permission to engage in Halloween. I am worried that, while trying to be good, Christian examples, you might be mistakenly leading people astray. As you said earlier, appearances matter. By laughing at Halloween silliness, or pointing out it's ridiculousness, I think we should be careful of giving the wrong impression to others not as secure in their faith, that's all."

"But if you choose to avoid Halloween because of its celebration of death and pagan origins, why does your husband post things on facebook that make a joke out of violence and death? I encourage you to take a closer look at the Lord's word about speaking evil:

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. -Proverbs 18:21

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.-Ephesians 4:29"

I'm assuming those are both FJers, but even if they're not I still wanna say I love you guys. :hug4:

One of them is essentially my suggestion from early. Go, whoever did that! I salute you from my Halloween-loving, co-ed, liberal apartment of SIN.

This is fabulous!! Absolutely fantastic! Erika is just moments from a complete tantrum! All in the name of the lord, of course!

I got the reply notification as I was driving home and I'm now in the driveway posting because I couldn't wait another minute to read her response and of course, head over to fj!

One of them is essentially my suggestion from early. Go, whoever did that! I salute you from my Halloween-loving, co-ed, liberal apartment of SIN.

It was I! Your idea was brilliant so I brought it to life!

It is pretty obvious that she doesn't know how to reply to this. She has made such a big deal that even giving the appearance of celebrating Halloween is wrong, so how does she defend her husband posting Halloween jokes? She can't. And she knows it. And it is driving her insane. :lol: This has gotten out of Erika's control. Instead of getting to post about how her family has nothing to do with that evil Halloween she has been put in a position of having to defend Halloween jokes.

This is wonderful!

Archived