IGNORED

CA Vaccine Law - Pt 2 - Now W/arguments about everything!

happy atheist

I'm not a doctor and certainly wouldn't refuse to give someone antibiotics but

If you have strep and don't get antibiotics its still gonna go away if you have a normal immune system. Your body should be able to handle it.

Well, unless it kills you--soon or late. Ask all the peeps running around with damaged heart valves from rheumatic and scarlet fevers. Congestive heart failure is not that fun of a way to die.

My mother had smallpox as a child and evidently passed along at least a partial immunity to me via nursing--it took four tries to get a vaccine to take.

I recall the only partly controlled panic of the chickenpox and mumps parties of my childhood, and the joy when I finally caught German measles in 7th grade. Though I'm now watching friends and their children dealing with shingles. And wondering if the anti-vaxxers have thought through what happens to an adult male who contracts mumps?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exact same reaction over here.

Poor fella ate a corncob. Dogs can't digest 'em. $2000 later, he was left with a short digestive tract that regularly produces the Farts of Death. I just realized this was 2002. Which means I have only lived with these great clouds of joy for 13 years, not 15 :wink-kitty:

While I don't argue that no one could beat HA's baby pic, I offer this totally adorable option:

post-13692-14452000563643_thumb.jpg

AND:

post-13692-14452000564082_thumb.jpg

Sophie's choice, indeed. . .

Also natural: poison oak

Ooh yay let's play this game now.

Things that are natural that can kill you:

Lions

Leukaemia

Brain tumours

Cobras

Oleander

Cancer

Avalanches

Cystic fibrosis

Sharks

dffe3070e75c8395f42426c6f2045f88.jpg

My minion appears to have decapitated me. She shall pay for uploading my portrait using Tapatalk.

Well, unless it kills you--soon or late. Ask all the peeps running around with damaged heart valves from rheumatic and scarlet fevers. Congestive heart failure is not that fun of a way to die.

My mother had smallpox as a child and evidently passed along at least a partial immunity to me via nursing--it took four tries to get a vaccine to take.

I recall the only partly controlled panic of the chickenpox and mumps parties of my childhood, and the joy when I finally caught German measles in 7th grade. Though I'm now watching friends and their children dealing with shingles. And wondering if the anti-vaxxers have thought through what happens to an adult male who contracts mumps?

You will very likely survive strep throat without antibiotics just fine. And even if you have complications, they usually don't come on fast enough to hinder effective treatment of said complications.

Even if there are no complications, though, if you don't take antibiotics with strep, you are contagious for 2-3 weeks as opposed to a few days (http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tc/str ... at-happens). Most of us (here in the US, at least) can't afford to take a couple of weeks off work to avoid exposing our colleagues.

I know you've seen this in miniature in my avatar, but I just have to share in detail:

PmhAwGq.jpg

<>

but here was the true king of the household:

0mFhKxL.jpg

and then combined (a few years later), they made my favoritest yin-yang symbol ever:

seO5etv.jpg

Nothing to add but I miss my cat. She would have told you she may not have been a cute as some of these cats but outweighed them and that's all that matters. :shifty-kitty:

I tried to take a picture of my bunny but she would not sit still.

Snarkylark, I am going to say this one more time. I wish I could slow down your reading so you stand a chance at understanding.

1) the law will not force parents to vaccinate. It is a choice they make. The consequence of that choice is that the children can not go to traditional school.

2) I back. The law because I have no CHOICE about what bacteria and viruses I am exposed to on a daily basis.

3) I think that unvaccinated people should have the choice to receive vacinations. If the choose to not receive them then there will be consequences. To minimize the consequence of the person spreading the diseases, the consequence should be limited access to the public.

No! The LOL Cat Bible is right. Cats are smarter than dogs and humans. The godly thing to do is to submit to their authority.

Corgi puppies are the true masters of the universe. I dare you to google them, and not be awed by the Power of Greyskull ahem, Cute!

I tried to take a picture of my bunny but she would not sit still.

Snarkylark, I am going to say this one more time. I wish I could slow down your reading so you stand a chance at understanding.

1) the law will not force parents to vaccinate. It is a choice they make. The consequence of that choice is that the children can not go to traditional school.

2) I back. The law because I have no CHOICE about what bacteria and viruses I am exposed to on a daily basis.

3) I think that unvaccinated people should have the choice to receive vacinations. If the choose to not receive them then there will be consequences. To minimize the consequence of the person spreading the diseases, the consequence should be limited access to the public.

It isn't that I don't understand. I have a different perspective. These kids (unvaxxed) will still be out in the public, maybe even more than if they were in school all day, and may actually be exposed to MORE people that aren't vaccinated than they would be in schools (think children too young to be vaxxed, the elderly, and other sick people.)

Final comment on this thread. We all have the the cutest, most adorable furbabies!

Final comment on this thread. We all have the the cutest, most adorable furbabies!

Liar!

Nothing to add but I miss my cat. She would have told you she may not have been a cute as some of these cats but outweighed them and that's all that matters. :shifty-kitty:

Did you see the one I posted? 15.4 pounds of dirty fur.

My feline headship, Eli, weighs 18 pounds. Yeah I had to come back for that one. He's vaxxed and can kick your cat's ass!

I feel like we should form a Coalition of some sort to save all the pets of Fundie Families. Something like, "FreeBuddy!" or "The Revenge of Sled Cat!" might be good.

I feel like we should form a Coalition of some sort to save all the pets of Fundie Families. Something like, "FreeBuddy!" or "The Revenge of Sled Cat!" might be good.

We can put Jill & David's RV Dog at the top of that list, followed quickly by the Bateseses horses!

Can our motto be "God spelled backward is dog"?

No, "God spelled backward is cat."

:D

I like "Revenge of Sled Cat" 'cause cats are better than dogs.

Archived