IGNORED

CA Vaccine Law - Pt 2 - Now W/arguments about everything!

happy atheist

What started out as a discussion of California's new law eliminating all non-medical vaccine exemptions for any child enrolled in public school devolved rather rapidly.

Come for the conversation about preventing deaths from exciting retro diseases, stay for the assertions of opinion as fact, the quoting of unreliable sources, the comparisons to Hitler (!), and the arguments about everything from bakers refusing to make cakes for lesbian marriages to paleo diets!

It's a giant clusterfuck, folks. Enjoy.

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26463

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was tempted to just leave it at Clusterfuck, but I felt like it needed a few more handles. After all, some people would probably enjoy an actual clusterfuck, whereas I don't think anyone is actually enjoying Part 1 of this thread.

Don't forget response dodging, as people refuse to acknowledge factual information that doesn't support their viewpoints.

I was going to jokingly suggest we add a debate about a certain elective medical procedure that shall remain unnamed as well, but then I'm afraid even I would have to abandon thread!

I was going to jokingly suggest we add a debate about a certain elective medical procedure that shall remain unnamed as well, but then I'm afraid even I would have to abandon thread!

Boob jobs? ;)

We did get to fighting about everything. Basically no one called them selves anti vaxxers.

I stated that I believe in vaccines, just not tying them to an education/schools. I think doctors not seeing or insurance

Rates going up makes more sense. There was confusion over weather or not it included private schools ( it does)

And duggerstheendisnear said that it was OK to tie to school because anti vaxxers are rich.

This argument baffels me.

One should not get to discriminate based on wealth.

Also the areas of large amount not vaxxed are not all rich and these parents can't afford private school ( not that that would help) or to provide 'a home based education'. Like argued.

The argument really was strange to me.

Then some one said we are just trying to get people to not trust the CDC or fda.

I then stated please don't blindly trust- do your research.

The CDC and fda have made mistakes in the past and they are currently making mistakes.

We don't need to discuss all the things they do wrong however.

Personally I'd like to keep talking about the law.

I know and appreciate that thread drift is allowed I'm just not interested in gluten free talk.

What started out as a discussion of California's new law eliminating all non-medical vaccine exemptions for any child enrolled in public school devolved rather rapidly.

Come for the conversation about preventing deaths from exciting retro diseases, stay for the assertions of opinion as fact, the quoting of unreliable sources, the comparisons to Hitler (!), and the arguments about everything from bakers refusing to make cakes for lesbian marriages to paleo diets!

It's a giant clusterfuck, folks. Enjoy.

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26463

:laughing-rolling: :clap:

My roommate's cat fights against going to the vet and getting his annual vaccines. Thus, vaccines cause tantrums.

My roommate's cat is also illiterate, because he is a cat. Thus, vaccines cause illiteracy.

If the children were saying I don't want shots I would keep them out of school I guess. But its not the kids choice. It's the parents.

But I can't punish ( and taking away school is punishment) a child for something they didn't have a say in.

I realize the law has passed but I really think they should have thought of something else. This is so unfair to the kids.

Boob jobs? ;)

Those bunionectomies are sure controversial... :lol:

If the children were saying I don't want shots I would keep them out of school I guess. But its not the kids choice. It's the parents.

But I can't punish ( and taking away school is punishment) a child for something they didn't have a say in.

I realize the law has passed but I really think they should have thought of something else. This is so unfair to the kids.

Huh? No one WANTS shots. Even the least painful of them still hurts a bit. But, hey, no one really wants to empty the garbage can in my house, but we plug our nose and do it anyway.

Huh? No one WANTS shots. Even the least painful of them still hurts a bit. But, hey, no one really wants to empty the garbage can in my house, but we plug our nose and do it anyway.

My gosh... Was it that unclear? I was trying to say the kids don't have a say. Punish the parents not the kids

My gosh... Was it that unclear? I was trying to say the kids don't have a say. Punish the parents not the kids

And also I really don't mind getting shots. I find if I inhale and then exhle right as they do it it doesn't hurt me.

And I'm sure adults do want to get shots as they know the benefits. Of someone told me tomorrow that I need a booster then Id happily get it.

I'm catching up on the old thread and I just need to say that Vallejo isn't all 'ghetto,' and using the term 'ghetto' in this way is a problem. I'm not sure what bay area folks are bickering about and I hesitate to get involved in it, but I will say that I live in the wealthiest county in the bay and it's also the most anti-vax county in the bay (Marin). I'm poor and all of my friends are poor, and we all vaxxed, afaik. But my poor friends are still wondering if vaccines are dangerous, because it's a constant buzz in these parts and that bullshit has infiltrated the culture around here.

I'm very worried about this bill. It includes the flu vaccine.

I do not think the flu vaccine should be mandatory.

It changes to frequently to be thoroughly tested

Halcionne I will give a thoughtful response to you asap.

Perhaps ghetto is the wrong word as the definition of ghetto says part of a city and uses the words minorities- which I fear they mean people of color-

To me ghetto certainly was not to imply ethnicity at all.

I'm very worried about this bill. It includes the flu vaccine.

I do not think the flu vaccine should be mandatory.

It changes to frequently to be thoroughly tested

Halcionne I will give a thoughtful response to you asap.

Perhaps ghetto is the wrong word as the definition of ghetto says part of a city and uses the words minorities- which I fear they mean people of color-

To me ghetto certainly was not to imply ethnicity at all.

Also I only skimmed the beginning of the law are there any provisions such as wearing a mask. Currently if you work at a long term care facility ( nursing home) you have the option of not receiving the flu vaccine if you agree to wear a mask for the flu season. At least this is the rule in Berkeley California

I didn't see a mask option. I'm confused because it states the worker can decline the flu vaccine if he or she provides a written statement declining it. I don't see how that's mandatory then but I'm not positive. Why even include it otherwise?

I didn't see a mask option. I'm confused because it states the worker can decline the flu vaccine if he or she provides a written statement declining it. I don't see how that's mandatory then but I'm not positive. Why even include it otherwise?

I read further.

Your right I'll be able to opt out of the flu part. Good.

The rest I have no issue with.

I'm catching up on the old thread and I just need to say that Vallejo isn't all 'ghetto,' and using the term 'ghetto' in this way is a problem. I'm not sure what bay area folks are bickering about and I hesitate to get involved in it, but I will say that I live in the wealthiest county in the bay and it's also the most anti-vax county in the bay (Marin). I'm poor and all of my friends are poor, and we all vaxxed, afaik. But my poor friends are still wondering if vaccines are dangerous, because it's a constant buzz in these parts and that bullshit has infiltrated the culture around here.

Ok so....

Kinda not sure where to start.

Looking up the word ghetto - I should not have used it.

I should say Vallejo is not rich and is dangerous. Is there a word for that?

I stated in last thread that there is a part of Vallejo that is so dangerous police won't even go there

Also I know wealth is relative.

Personally I do go to Vallejo- I have a season pass to six flags-

Some parts are nicer than others- sure- but no part of Vallejo is rich.

( if you have a better way into looking a quality of neighborhoods please let me know.but imma use schools)

I mentioned before that I view el ceritto as okayyyyy ( but the lowest place I would feel safe living). I said schools normally about a 6. This was just from house shopping on Zillow.

Well I actually looked it up on great schools

And city rating is a 5 but one school has a 9. (/so has a nice pocket)

Vallejo tho? Average is a 4 with no school better than

A 6 :(

So not all terrible- but trying to say its all wealthy people who arnt vaccinating isn't really fair.

I read further.

Your right I'll be able to opt out of the flu part. Good.

The rest I have no issue with.

For now, maybe....you never know what will happen.

PostAuthor: IronicallyMaeve » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:19 am

zebra #13 wrote:

Almond flour brownies are not better because they don't have wheat. They are STILL BROWNIES.

Almond flour has WAY more calories per gram than what flour. Almond flour is half fat by weight. Bob's Red Mill lists a 28g serving of almond flour as having 160 calories. That's about 600 calories per cup.

Almond flour is delicious but not exactly a health food. Now I want almond flour brownies, lol!

That actually sounds right, lol! This is where my info came from:

almond

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cus ... antity=2.5

wheat flour

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cer ... sta/9257/2

I'm diabetic, so carbs matter a LOT, fat, hardly at all. Because of almond meal, brownies, waffles, choc chip cookies, pancakes, biscuits, and crackers are back in my life (still can't make bread that'll hold together). If anyone comes up with a way to make cauliflower brownies, I'd go there. But till then. . . .

That actually sounds right, lol! This is where my info came from:

almond

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cus ... antity=2.5

wheat flour

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cer ... sta/9257/2

I'm diabetic, so carbs matter a LOT, fat, hardly at all. Because of almond meal, brownies, waffles, choc chip cookies, pancakes, biscuits, and crackers are back in my life (still can't make bread that'll hold together). If anyone comes up with a way to make cauliflower brownies, I'd go there. But till then. . . .

I have a friend who uses almond flour for everything. I think she has a bread recipe. Will ask.

Archived