IGNORED

CA Vaccine Law - Pt 2 - Now W/arguments about everything!

happy atheist

the cure for autism lost forever.

The mysterious death of a doctor who peddled autism ‘cures’ to thousands

http://www.fark.com/go/8782674

James Jeffrey Bradstreet was one of the world’s most famous — or infamous — physicians. He believed vaccines caused autism. He even testified so before Congress. Twice.

But he didn’t just rail against Big Pharma. He also tried to beat it.

Bradstreet offered thousands of autism patients around the globe controversial treatments. He claimed he could effectively cure kids of their autism, cancer and other maladies simply by injecting them with protein shots.

When Bradstreet’s body was found last month in the Rocky Broad River in mountainous North Carolina with a bullet wound to the chest, therefore, friends, family members and patients pointed fingers at drug corporations. The FDA. Anyone but Bradstreet.

“He did not kill himself!†one patient’s parent wrote online.

“May God have vengeance quickly on the evil doers who murdered him!†wrote another.

Although the local sheriff said it was suicide, Bradstreet’s relatives quickly raised $33,000 online for “an exhaustive investigation into the possibility of foul play.†And on Tuesday, the family’s attorney announced that the money had been used to hire multiple private detectives who would investigate whether Bradstreet had, in fact, been murdered.

[Anti-vaccine doctor behind ‘dangerous’ autism therapy found dead. Family cries foul.]

Since his death, however, the conspiracy theories have begun to crumble as evidence has emerged linking Bradstreet to a shadowy online industry in unapproved medicine.

Bradstreet’s Internet postings tie him to an unlicensed medical factory that was recently shut down for producing potentially contaminated vials of a supposed wonder “cure†called GcMAF.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else love the face that lipstickgoalie has a dog named Joseph Ellis? This is hysterical to me.

Also, Luna Claire is really pretty!

To be fair he came to us with the name, which in full is Joseph Ellis Bohan. I wanted him to be named Mr Noodle, mainly because I wanted an excuse to yell "God Damn it Mr Noodle". But after spending some time with him he is definitely a Joseph Ellis. And given the fact that he is the only way my husband can leave the house without having the full PTSD hulk mode in full force I would call him whatever he wanted, up to and including Our Lord and Savior the Flying Spaghetti Monster Jesus H Christ.

He is just that awesome. He sits on the bench when Mr Goalie plays with his Wounded Warrior hockey team. He also does great on a golf course. So much so we think he wants his own golf cart. We have also trained him to wear hats so when we eventually get back to Disney World he can have his picture taken in front of the castle wearing ears.

I know you've seen this in miniature in my avatar, but I just have to share in detail:

PmhAwGq.jpg

<>

THOSE EYES :pink-shock:

We call her the DobbyDog.

9e02b2311ba0e74632075a3918998e77.jpg

The little guy below was *this close* to being called Dobby but we decided he wasn't nearly obsequious enough! :lol:

Note: This photo was taken on his very first day home. He was still recovering from a badly broken leg and a staph infection in the wound. He's gained 15lbs since then and his leg is all better!

032_zps8696f038.jpg

Not to sound creepy (that's a flat out lie) or anything. . . but I kind of want to steal all your dogs. :lol:

This is my meowbaby, Socks!

socksthemodel_zps3bdf2ec7.png

I used to be a dog person, but this little stray kitten showed up one day and never left :)

@Palimpsest, what a interesting fur pattern!

Is it a rescue dog?

Brave little thing, with his paw all in a cast.

(Also, NOW I get it. That troll puppet is a character from the Harry Potter books! :lol: I just thought "Dobby" was a typical english dog name. Like Bello or Rex. Never came to read them and my oldest is still 4-5 years too young for the recomm. age)

Is it a rescue dog?

(Also, NOW I get it. That troll puppet is a character from the Harry Potter books! :lol: I just thought "Dobby" was a typical english dog name. Like Bello or Rex. Never came to read them and my oldest is still 4-5 years too young for the recomm. age)

Yes! I must say, she acts like Dobby too...she'll never leave you alone!

Then my children and my husband are Dobbies too... :think:

If they do their laundry, they are free to stop pestering you! :lol:

Is it a rescue dog?

When your kid DOES get old enough, YOU HAVE TO READ IT WITH THEM!

When your kid DOES get old enough, YOU HAVE TO READ IT WITH THEM!

NO. She needs to read them NOW. Screw waiting. Read it now. Then when the kids are older (say, next week, when she finishes the series), she can read it to them. Over and Over and Over again. And there are movies, and trips to Universal Studios, and trips to the UK... And audiobooks for everyone to fall asleep to..

Is it a rescue dog?

Dobby is a House Elf from Harry Potter. I agree with others, you can read Harry Potter now. Harry Potter is great (although I admit that I snoozed through the last book.)

Yes, Little Guy was a rescue, actually a two time rescue. He is a brindle or "atigrado" - basically he is striped! If Little Guy could talk human-speech he'd have a very long and sad story to tell. I did not personally rescue him though. I adopted him after other people at 2 different rescues had done the heavy lifting. I was allowed to bring him home while still convalescent (normally only healthy dogs are adopted out) because I am well known at my local Retired Racing Greyhound Adoption Org. My other 2 dogs are retired racers. That organization took this little non-greyhound in after he got bounced from his first adoptive home because he was a Sighthound in need of care. They saved his life and his leg (he was so very sick) not me.

Little Guy is now a healthy 60lb bundle of energy and mischief, and a Certified Therapy Dog. That just means that he is a well trained pet who volunteers to share love with others - he is not a Service Dog.

If anyone wants to know Little Guy's actual breed, name, and more about his interesting background please PM. I don't want to take over this thread -- and I don't want Doug Phillips or Steve Maxwell to be able to track me down! :lol:

Me too!

Maybe that's called bi-ine (both can- and fel-) :lol:

And Daffy, do the cat and dog both adore not just you but each other? I had two cats and one dog. I had gotten the two cats together as kittens, hoping they would keep each other company and entertained while I was at work. But it turned out they didn't really like each other. However, once I added the dog, Bear (black cat) and Luna (black dog) became friends, as seen in the yin-yang photo, while Callie (gray cat) was kind of on her own. I had to laugh at the color matchiness of it...

Which reminds me of this (in questionable taste, hence the spoiler)

my-daughter-aint-marrying-no-black-lab.jpg

Oh yes, they both love each other. When Piper (the dog) has been to the vet and had an overnight stay, Mia frets something terrible. She meows, and calls Piper, looks everywhere for her. I feed Piper outside, and Mia waits at the glass door watching her outside, and waiting for her to come back in. She washes Piper's face, Piper washes hers, and despite Piper being much bigger, I think Mia sees herself as the parental unit of the two. Piper is 12 now, and not a well girl, she has diabetes, an enlarged liver, and is going blind from cataracts, so we don't know how long we have left with her. If/when she goes, the cat is going to be devastated, as are we, but she will fret terribly. :?

Is it a rescue dog?

My friend reads Harry Potter to her kid. He just turned one. :lol:

NO. She needs to read them NOW. Screw waiting. Read it now. Then when the kids are older (say, next week, when she finishes the series), she can read it to them. Over and Over and Over again. And there are movies, and trips to Universal Studios, and trips to the UK... And audiobooks for everyone to fall asleep to..

Agreed. Start reading them as soon as possible so you can talk through the "scary" parts (which are pretty mild for the first few books).

My friend reads Harry Potter to her kid. He just turned one. :lol:

Now, that is very eager! :lol:

Little Guy is now a healthy 60lb bundle of energy and mischief, and a Certified Therapy Dog. That just means that he is a well trained pet who volunteers to share love with others - he is not a Service Dog.

If anyone wants to know Little Guy's actual breed, name, and more about his interesting background please PM. I don't want to take over this thread -- and I don't want Doug Phillips or Steve Maxwell to be able to track me down!

Thanks for sharing Little´Guy´s story, Palimpsest.

Also, now I am picturing Stevehova writing a Seriously on the idols that are dogs and Doug Phillips in a Sherlock Holmes costume under a street light, screeching a violin... :D

@all of you Harry Potter -ers

Big Thanks, I think I am going to open up a thread in the AYTFJ section. :)

the cure for autism lost forever.

The mysterious death of a doctor who peddled autism ‘cures’ to thousands

http://www.fark.com/go/8782674

James Jeffrey Bradstreet was one of the world’s most famous — or infamous — physicians. He believed vaccines caused autism. He even testified so before Congress. Twice.

But he didn’t just rail against Big Pharma. He also tried to beat it.

Bradstreet offered thousands of autism patients around the globe controversial treatments. He claimed he could effectively cure kids of their autism, cancer and other maladies simply by injecting them with protein shots.

When Bradstreet’s body was found last month in the Rocky Broad River in mountainous North Carolina with a bullet wound to the chest, therefore, friends, family members and patients pointed fingers at drug corporations. The FDA. Anyone but Bradstreet.

“He did not kill himself!†one patient’s parent wrote online.

“May God have vengeance quickly on the evil doers who murdered him!†wrote another.

Although the local sheriff said it was suicide, Bradstreet’s relatives quickly raised $33,000 online for “an exhaustive investigation into the possibility of foul play.†And on Tuesday, the family’s attorney announced that the money had been used to hire multiple private detectives who would investigate whether Bradstreet had, in fact, been murdered.

[Anti-vaccine doctor behind ‘dangerous’ autism therapy found dead. Family cries foul.]

Since his death, however, the conspiracy theories have begun to crumble as evidence has emerged linking Bradstreet to a shadowy online industry in unapproved medicine.

Bradstreet’s Internet postings tie him to an unlicensed medical factory that was recently shut down for producing potentially contaminated vials of a supposed wonder “cure†called GcMAF.

Not just Bradstreet. Five (5!) "holistic" doctors have died in recent months. It must be a conspiracy. It just must!!!!

www.donotlink.com/fz8i

Now, that is very eager! :lol:

Thanks for sharing Little´Guy´s story, Palimpsest.

Also, now I am picturing Stevehova writing a Seriously on the idols that are dogs and Doug Phillips in a Sherlock Holmes costume under a street light, screeching a violin... :D

@all of you Harry Potter -ers

Big Thanks, I think I am going to open up a thread in the AYTFJ section. :)

Oh YAY! Would you be so kind as to link when you do?? I'm currently staring at my collection of the books, which have a stupid place of reverence right in the middle of my kitchen right now, to protect them from the renovation that is happening everywhere BUT in here!). My books and I wish you a wonderful adventure!!

I was tempted to just leave it at Clusterfuck, but I felt like it needed a few more handles. After all, some people would probably enjoy an actual clusterfuck, whereas I don't think anyone is actually enjoying Part 1 of this thread.

I wasn't following this thread, so thanks for the recap. But how is it possible that peanuts/peanut butter never made it into the discussion?

I wasn't following this thread, so thanks for the recap. But how is it possible that peanuts/peanut butter never made it into the discussion?

We don't speak not of nuts nor some legumes nor nut or legume based spreads.

We don't speak not of nuts nor some legumes nor nut or legume based spreads.

I have no stance on the peanut butter thing. Go ahead and ban it in schools; just be aware that that in all likelihood can make low-income kids go hungry.

Archived