IGNORED

CA Vaccine Law - Pt 2 - Now W/arguments about everything!

happy atheist

Cats will watch you die and then eat your flesh. A dog will risk their life to save your's. I know this because I read it on the website for, "The Institute of Fudged Facts," which is run by, "The Coalition of I Made That Shit Up!"

Nuh-uh. I saw on this documentary that they are full of shills for the big cat industry, therefore everything they do is a lie part of a conspiracy to support Big Feline!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are potential problems with stigmatizing people who are sick. It creates paranoia. It leads to discrimination. You may not be old enough to remember how people reacted to AIDS in the 1980s, but it was harsh. I remember hearing people - not bigoted idiots, but otherwise intelligent professionals - say that they wouldn't want to treat someone with AIDS, or shake their hand, or have a gay dentist, or allow their children to go to school with a child who was HIV+. The fear was that bad.

Part of the issue here is that in the very early days, no one knew what was a risk factor for spreading HIV. We know for a fact that the anti-vax movement IS a risk for spreading infectious diseases.

I don't have a dog you dirty Fundie Lover!!!! Why would you ever remind me of such a painful hole in my life?!?!?!?! This painful hole is so empty and must be filled immediately!!!! Oh the melodrama!!!! :cry:

I'm sorry that you have a hole that cannot be righteously fulfilled :(

I am living a pet-free lifestyle by choice, and will defend my right to make that choice without guilt. Don't you dare call me selfish. I don't need canine or feline love to feel complete. I will promise not to join websites that just complain about pet parents all day and then try to give advice about what good pet parenting is all about, based on absolutely no real life experience.

Ooh, all that talk about holes that must be righteously filled makes me reminiscent of boarding school years...

... no, not what you think (get your mind out of the gutter!)

Goethe´s Faust, first act, the witches dance ;)

Faust

Those two, the old and young one, sitting,

They’ve leapt about more than is fitting!

Mephistopheles

No rest tonight for anyone.

Let’s grasp them. There’s a new dance, come!

Faust (Dancing with the lovely young witch.)

A lovely dream once came to me,

And there I saw an apple-tree,

Two lovely apples, there, did shine,

Tempting me so, I had to climb.

The Young Witch

Apples you love a lot, I know,

That once in Paradise did grow.

I’m deeply moved with joy to feel,

That such my garden does reveal.

Mephistopheles (Dancing with the old witch.)

A vile dream once came to me,

In it, I saw an old cleft tree,

A monstrous crack there met my eyes,

It pleased me, though, despite its size.

The Old Witch

I offer my best greetings to

The knight of the cloven shoe!

He’ll need to have a real stopper,

If he’s not scared of that whopper.

Cats are better than dogs! STOP PERSECUTING ME, you ebil dog lovers!!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!!!!!!!

Dogs smell really gross and I don't really like touching them. When I'm out hiking or jogging and someone's dog runs up to me I fake a smile and pat their head and tell their owner "They're so cute!"

But I don't think they're cute. Not at all. It's all a lie.

I'd have to disagree with that. It's not natural to learn to fight off diseases by being injected with them in some form.

Antibiotics aren't exactly natural either, but would you refuse to administer them to a patient and ask them to fight it out the natural way?

Part of the issue here is that in the very early days, no one knew what was a risk factor for spreading HIV. We know for a fact that the anti-vax movement IS a risk for spreading infectious diseases.

The stigma remained for years after they knew how HIV was spread. http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/loca ... ladelphia-

By 1988, I remember getting details information at school about exactly how HIV was transmitted. They knew it wasn't spread by casual contact. Fear, stigma and discrimination persisted long after the facts were available.

I'm not saying that the anti-vax movement doesn't pose a risk to public health. It does. I'm saying that we want to be careful about going beyond prudence (and requiring school children to be vaccinated unless they have a medical reason to avoid it is prudent), to criminalizing and demonizing people based on sickness.

How about your "understanding" of what the hygeine hypothesis says and how it in any way supports NOT giving vaccines? Let's look at how you responded to my reply to your question about what might be causing a rise in AI disorders.

1) You ignored it.

2) When prompted, you gave your incorrect "understanding" of the hypothesis and used this false understanding to support your anti-vax views. Several times.

3) You also claimed that I specifically asked you what you thought of it, when really, I pointed out that your never responded to my answer to your question.

3) When corrected on what the hygiene hypothesis is, you poo-pooed the source without even looking at it.

That doesn't even cover your fear-mongering under the guise of "Just asking question." Or you tendency when confronted with your bullshit to demure "Oh, I don't know anything about that, it's just what I heard." :liar:

I didn't ignore it. I was at a softball tournament with not a lot of time to reply and then work for two days. This specifically mentions vaccination. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2841828/ Around page 11 or 12. I looked at the first two links you posted with the time I had as well as the wiki source. If I'm not allowed to use "unreliable" sources then neither are you! I'm not an antivaxxer and I've stated that numerous times. But if you're going to post something on the hygiene hypothesis then you have to accept that decline in infectious diseases (partly due to vaccination) is going to come up!

Antibiotics aren't exactly natural either, but would you refuse to administer them to a patient and ask them to fight it out the natural way?

Of course not. But I think we can all agree that the overuse of antibiotics is becoming a problem and is concerning. We've had a little discussion of that in part 1.

Cats are better than dogs! STOP PERSECUTING ME, you ebil dog lovers!!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!!!!!!!

You're wrong! I read it on the internet! So it must be true!!!!!!!111!!!1!!

Of course not. But I think we can all agree that the overuse of antibiotics is becoming a problem and is concerning. We've had a little discussion of that in part 1.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

But seriously, as someone who lives in a country that still sees chicken pox, malaria and dengue regularly, I am very happy not to engage you in a debate where you will make ridiculous claims (yes, the anti vaxxers claiming government conspiracy with no scientific data to back themselves are not fear mongering. Totally) and I will just get frustrated. But let me say one thing. You come off as someone who hasn't really read in detail about all the things you claim to know about. It's sad to see that you've formed an opinion on this without really challenging yourself or looking deep into such an important issue.

My only opinion is that I don't agree with mandatory vaccination. I don't think that makes me antivax in any way.

I'm not a doctor and certainly wouldn't refuse to give someone antibiotics but

If you have strep and don't get antibiotics its still gonna go away if you have a normal immune system. Your body should be able to handle it.

My only opinion is that I don't agree with mandatory vaccination. I don't think that makes me antivax in any way.

:wtf:

Yeah, uh, that's been far from your only opinion and it's all those other opinions that have you rightly labeled as anti-vax (even if you do many vaccinations, scaring people off from them, which you've very much done, makes one anti-vax).

Do most of you adults over 26 or so have your chicken pox vaccine?

I was in the first groups of receiving chicken pox vaccine as a child.

My boyfriend it 4 years older and never received.

I plan to vaccinate my child against chicken pox but certainly don't think it should be mandatory.

Maybe we can make the madatory part for things like measles ( the thing most people on here are concerned about)

In the matter of dog vs cat, may I present Dog People's exhibit A:

[attachment=0]atheistdog.jpg[/attachment]

*mic drop*

Is it sinful to want to cuddle another poster's dog when you know those desires can't be righteously fulfilled? Do I need time in the Prayer Closet until these cuddly feelings dissipate? What would BinBob, my glorious leader, think if he saw me staring at the puppy all googly-eyed, knowing full well that I'm handing pieces of my heart over to the little furball?!

I'm not a doctor and certainly wouldn't refuse to give someone antibiotics but

If you have strep and don't get antibiotics its still gonna go away if you have a normal immune system. Your body should be able to handle it.

Or you'll get scarlet fever or quinsy or be more at risk for strep complications, which is why we now treat strep throat.

I'm sorry that you have a hole that cannot be righteously fulfilled :(

Yer mom likes having holes righteously fulfilled.

Do most of you adults over 26 or so have your chicken pox vaccine?

I was in the first groups of receiving chicken pox vaccine as a child.

My boyfriend it 4 years older and never received.

I plan to vaccinate my child against chicken pox but certainly don't think it should be mandatory.

Maybe we can make the madatory part for things like measles ( the thing most people on here are concerned about)

As far as I know, the vaccine for Chickenpox wasn't added to the vaccination schedule until 1995 - my siblings and I all had already had Chickenpox at that point (in 1995 we were 5, 7, and 9 respectively).

Dogs smell really gross and I don't really like touching them. When I'm out hiking or jogging and someone's dog runs up to me I fake a smile and pat their head and tell their owner "They're so cute!"

But I don't think they're cute. Not at all. It's all a lie.

LIES!!!!!!

Help! Help! I'm being oppressed (by the ebil cat loving fundies of FreeJinger!!!!!)

Yer mom likes having holes righteously fulfilled.

post-11100-14452000563109_thumb.jpg

I bet my cat can beat up you dog...LOL

My dog can kick your cat's ass in a farting contest. He is missing part of his intestine due the Great Corncob Incident of 2000.

Or you'll get scarlet fever or quinsy or be more at risk for strep complications, which is why we now treat strep throat.

And you can also pass it on to others because the first thing the antibiotic does is lower your risk of infecting others.

My dog can kick your cat's ass in a farting contest. He is missing part of his intestine due the Great Corncob Incident of 2000.

Is it bad my first reaction was to laugh and then immediately want to know more about this Great Corncob Incident?

Archived