IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMO, but I STILL think JimBob can't be very happy about Jill leaving, mission work or no. Has everybody forgotton the look of horror on JB's face when J&D announced big news during the upcoming season clips which were aired at the end of last season? Yes, she is under Derick's headship now but everybody in that family is clearly under JB's headship ultimately even if he can't REALLY stop them from leaving. Of course he has to act somewhat supportive, it's Gods work, after all! And it IS a positive deflection from Josh, I guess, so maybe he is more accepting of it than he was originally.

I would guess that the last few weeks have been a eye-opener for Derick, and he may only now be starting to realise what kind of family he has married into and exactly who he has for a father-in-law.

I would think it very likely that this is the case. Sure, Derick sought out JB as prayer partner with the end result of marrying into the family and all that entails. While he may have drunk the koolaid, learning of what his brother in law did to his wife and others had to have been a serious shock. And then learning how JB handled and continues to handle this mess. I imagine he's dealing with some very conflicting feelings on top of recovering from surgery and adjusting to being a new parent. I didn't "read" anything into his putting his arm across Jill other than comforting her. But I think he's still processing all this and it's going to take some time. It will be interesting to see how his relationship with the family and particularly Josh and JB becomes as time goes on.

One thing, I am glad the Jill and Derick are out of there. Whether they left to get away from the scandal or this was planned for some time, being out of JB's orbit can only be a good thing.

Leaving with a newborn wouldn't be an issue for them--they're quiverfull. Unless fertility issues arise, chances are good that Jill will always either be pregnant or dealing with an infant. That being the case, they literally can't take Israel's age into account if they want to do "missionary" "work" or, really, any major life change. They can't let infancy be a big deal or they'll never do anything.

Agree with this. Derick states on their website that they got advice to leave for missionary work soon, before they had roots too deep and painful to dig up.

Izzie seems to be a really easy and content portable little guy now. He won't be walking for 9 months or so, which gives Jill and Derick time to get out and do something it sounds like they have wanted to do since before their marriage. Once Jill gets pregnant again, they'll have to return because she's too high risk to deliver without a hospital ready for her.

So the only difference post-Josh debacle is: probably no TLC cameras going to El Salvador but rather Duggar videos, Josh and Anna stay behind to mind the homestead while the family visits them in El Salvador, and Boob plays up the whole thing PR-wise to divert attention from problems with Josh.

I think Boob will probably look at filing a lawsuit against TLC for a cancellation, but will lose on a likely morality clause in contracts.

Gradually the family will wean itself away from reality type video and more religious crap. With Gothard out of the picture, who knows? Maybe Boob will make a run for managing ATI and bring Josh into that scene. Only the craziest of the crazy will continue to follow them, but there seem to be enough out there without an ounce of sense.

I'm happy because if TLC decided to have another season, they certainly would have been there filming the departure and JB would have never had this piss-poor home video shot let alone shared on social media. I am sure TLC would have had various themed episodes leading up to their departure including some sort of massive party and/or scavenger hunt. I really think TLC is pretty much done with them, especially in regards to a series based show.

I'm happy because if TLC decided to have another season, they certainly would have been there filming the departure and JB would have never had this piss-poor home video shot let alone shared on social media. I am sure TLC would have had various themed episodes leading up to their departure including some sort of massive party and/or scavenger hunt. I really think TLC is pretty much done with them, especially in regards to a series based show.

I agree. The lack of TLC filming of this departure tells me more than anything else since the series was "suspended" that this show, as a series, is DONE.

Missionaries asking for donations. Carrying $120 designer diaper bag.

Which they probably got for free, along with a collection of Vera Bradley goods for baby and home.

Vera Bradley merchandise has shown up on more than one TLC program and the logo isn't blurred out. In other words, it was a "donation".

Agree with this. Derick states on their website that they got advice to leave for missionary work soon, before they had roots too deep and painful to dig up.

Izzie seems to be a really easy and content portable little guy now. He won't be walking for 9 months or so, which gives Jill and Derick time to get out and do something it sounds like they have wanted to do since before their marriage. Once Jill gets pregnant again, they'll have to return because she's too high risk to deliver without a hospital ready for her.

So the only difference post-Josh debacle is: probably no TLC cameras going to El Salvador but rather Duggar videos, Josh and Anna stay behind to mind the homestead while the family visits them in El Salvador, and Boob plays up the whole thing PR-wise to divert attention from problems with Josh.

I think Boob will probably look at filing a lawsuit against TLC for a cancellation, but will lose on a likely morality clause in contracts.

Gradually the family will wean itself away from reality type video and more religious crap. With Gothard out of the picture, who knows? Maybe Boob will make a run for managing ATI and bring Josh into that scene. Only the craziest of the crazy will continue to follow them, but there seem to be enough out there without an ounce of sense.

There is a recent Daily Mail article about Josh's time at the ATI site in Little Rock and and an interview with Gothard. Gothard says he is starting a men-only ministry. Maybe JB (and Josh now that he's been forgiven and all) can wrangle a paying gig there. Because they have so much to teach other men about being godly :roll: .

it was a typo :embarrassed: :lol: we can keep it tho. Kook-aid for the kooks.

Kook-aid, LOVE it!!!!

:lol: :cracking-up:

Just saying ... We don't know that TLC wasn't there filming the goodbye. That pathetic Duggar family farewell could have been recorded 2 weeks ago for all we know.

They could also have one or two TLC techs/camera people following them to El Salvador or Nepal, or wherever they are, just in case sentiment shifts and a show or special would be possible. I suspect that is why the location of the mission trip is being kept under official wraps.

it was a typo :embarrassed: :lol: we can keep it tho. Kook-aid for the kooks.

I figured as much, but I like it too and was thinking the same- Kook-aid for the kooks! Yes, let's keep it! ;)

I watched the emotional good bye to Derick and Jill a couple more times. It struck me that when JB prays about how God forgives everyone that he may in fact NOT be referring to Josh and his "mistake," but rather to Jill and the others he abused for tempting him in the first place. It was JB's way of telling Jill that she is forgiven so now she is free to convert others to their Lord and Savior,

Slight aside, but I'm just wondering if the way Jill says "Israel" is a Southern thing or not. Here in England, the general pronunciation of Israel is "Iz-rail", but in the gender reveal clip Jill pronounces it "Iz-ree-ull", like she's added the word "real" onto the end of "is".

Iz-ree-ull is a Southern thing.

No it's not, it's an American thing. I've never heard any other American pronunciation of Israel.

No it's not, it's an American thing. I've never heard any other American pronunciation of Israel.

American and I pronounce it Iz-rail

American and I pronounce it Iz-rail

ITA. I've heard both pronunciations, in different areas of the country. I don't think there's a specific geographic way of pronouncing it.

Some people say Is RAY ALL.

I pronounce it that way too (American.) But in church (Catholic) as a kid, I remember singing a song and it was pronounced differently. Sort of like Is-rye-el.

JMO, but I STILL think JimBob can't be very happy about Jill leaving, mission work or no. Has everybody forgotton the look of horror on JB's face when J&D announced big news during the upcoming season clips which were aired at the end of last season? Yes, she is under Derick's headship now but everybody in that family is clearly under JB's headship ultimately even if he can't REALLY stop them from leaving. Of course he has to act somewhat supportive, it's Gods work, after all! And it IS a positive deflection from Josh, I guess, so maybe he is more accepting of it than he was originally.

I bet Jim Bob will think twice before marrying another daughter off to a missionary. I doubt he's thrilled that one of his kids is leaving his orbit and control. He'll probably be really mad if Jill and Derrick happen to get a TLC special about their missionary work.

I pronounce it that way too (American.) But in church (Catholic) as a kid, I remember singing a song and it was pronounced differently. Sort of like Is-rye-el.

As a half (secular) Jew who spent most of her life saying it wrong...

Most Americans do say Is-re-al (which Jill says with a southern accent) and not Is-ra-el which is more correct, the way an east coast Jew would say it. I think most people actually think it is spelled Isreal and not Israel. To me, Is-rye-el is how it is in Christmas carols.

Not to go off topic too far but most Americans also say "I-ran" for Iran. When it's really E-rahn. Similar for I-rack vs. E-raqh. For all of the above, they are beginning to be said more correctly but probably depends on the news station you're watching and how they are pronouncing it. :)

I bet Jim Bob will think twice before marrying another daughter off to a missionary. I doubt he's thrilled that one of his kids is leaving his orbit and control. He'll probably be really mad if Jill and Derrick happen to get a TLC special about their missionary work.

That's calling ACTING, and it's how they get people interested in staying tuned. And it worked as look how long people have been discussing it on FJ.

Considering JB brags that they raise their kid with a "missionary mindset" and that many of them put MISSIONARY down as future career goal, I doubt Jillymuffin going off (with a husband of course) to be a missionary is more reason for him to brag.

ETA: Did I said acting? I meant OVER-ACTING. Way to play to the back row, JB.

Ha. I think JB will take whomever he can get in the fundieland for his sons and daughters to marry after " the big scandal".

We may look back and say that Jill and Jessa were " the lucky ones", spouse- wise. Sad thought for the kids, but it's their parents' and brother's fault!

Archived