IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

Converting from Islam to anything else is very serious. Apostates do not just lose their salvation in the afterlife. They can be killed. Depending where they live, they WILL be killed.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Malaysia trip was done through another Gothard front group. If they are going to Malaysia, it's a dumb move, given how it's becoming increasingly more Islamic and the fact that it's almost impossible for Muslims to legally convert from Islam. Christian proselytizing also appears to be illegal in much of Malaysia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_o ... n_Malaysia

Given how the Dillards like to talk about Jesus 24/7 to anyone and everyone, I doubt they would have the subtlety needed to evangelize in a country where such activity is technically illegal. :angry-banghead: :cray-cray:

Jana and John David's Malaysia and Singapore trip back in 2010 was through ATI Children's Institutes. Priscilla and the Hartonos were also there: thechroniclesofci.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=32

And photos. flickr.com/photos/51186636@N02/sets/72157624301283228/

Converting from Islam to anything else is very serious. Apostates do not just lose their salvation in the afterlife. They can be killed. Depending where they live, they WILL be killed.

With as much as the Duggars watch Fox News, you'd think they would be too afraid of mostly Muslim countries to go there. Then again, the Dullards are particularly stupid...

With as much as the Duggars watch Fox News, you'd think they would be too afraid of mostly Muslim countries to go there. Then again, the Dullards are particularly stupid...

The Dillards probably think that Muslims are just waiting for "good wholesome" Christians like themselves to bring them the gospel/Gothard. :roll:

The Dillards probably think that Muslims are just waiting for "good wholesome" Christians like themselves to bring them the gospel/Gothard. :roll:

I'm sure they believe that since they are in the center of God's perfect will for their lives He will protect them wherever He sends them.

Radar posted an article that uses the title:

Charity Scam Scandal! Critics Accuse Jill Duggar's 'Dillard Family Ministries' of Being Fake-- Is it True"

The article says that though Jill and Derick "claim" their charity to be tax exempt for donations, a fan on Pickles page pointed out that they aren't on the IRS page.

But then at the END of the article like the last 3 sentences, Radar said that a call to the IRS confirmed that the Duggars do have it.

Way to bury the lead again Radar... or mislead...or make a story out of a non-story.

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jill-duggar-charity-scandal-dillard-family-ministries-fake/

SOS Ministries calls their Asian mission to Muslim cities as being in "MID-ASIA"--I would never call Malaysia "mid-Asia."

To me, "mid-Asia" means it must be on the Asian mainland. Unless SOS Ministries is just messing with us.

Has anyone donated $1 so they can sign up for the Dillard's newsletter?

Radar posted an article that uses the title:

Charity Scam Scandal! Critics Accuse Jill Duggar's 'Dillard Family Ministries' of Being Fake-- Is it True"

The article says that though Jill and Derick "claim" their charity to be tax exempt for donations, a fan on Pickles page pointed out that they aren't on the IRS page.

But then at the END of the article like the last 3 sentences, Radar said that a call to the IRS confirmed that the Duggars do have it.

Way to bury the lead again Radar... or mislead...or make a story out of a non-story.

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jill-duggar-charity-scandal-dillard-family-ministries-fake/

It takes 6 months to a year to be approved as a tax exempt organization. Most tax exempt organizations will tell you this when they start and ask you for donations. Once they are granted their status the past donations also become tax exempt. I love a good Duggar lie/scandal, but this isn't one.

It takes 6 months to a year to be approved as a tax exempt organization. Most tax exempt organizations will tell you this when they start and ask you for donations. Once they are granted their status the past donations also become tax exempt. I love a good Duggar lie/scandal, but this isn't one.

I agree with this. We set up a few tax exempt organizations at my office and the process isn't a quick one. It definitely isn't something that can be handled within a month or two. Besides, I think the IRS' deadline to file Form 1023 is 18 months after the not for profit corporation was established.

I have a friend who is from Iran. He converted from Islam to Christianity, and he immigrated to this country because he was in danger of being killed by friends and family members - people who claimed they cared about his immortal soul - for doing so.

Wherever the Dillards are, I certainly hope they are not so abysmally foolish as to try to convert Muslims when they could be killed for it.

Missionaries have always been a tool of imperialism. It might be Iraq-but that is still a stretch. Getting into a Muslim country would be difficult for them. They can't just fly in and set up shop. It is tough to get a visa. Once there, it is even harder to build a church. Of all the countries in the region that MIGHT let them in as missionaries it would be Iraq (I think) because of the occupation. Only that would be before they started drawing down the occupation.

I just can't wrap my head around them going to a hostile region in a war zone and then JB thinking they "could go there" to visit.

Maybe they are just in El Salvador.

Wherever they are, there is internet access, since she posted a congrats to Amy on Instagram about 4 hours ago. That, or had a sib do it for her.

I find it ironically amusing that a key to the Dillards not being Catholic themselves, is a leturious drunken English King who endorsed a new flair of Christianity so he could divorce his wife to marry his mistress.

ah how the wheel of fate turns :lol:

I find it ironically amusing that a key to the Dillards not being Catholic themselves, is because a leturious drunken English King endorsed a new flair of Christianity so he could divorce his wife to marry his mistress.

I hate to nitpick as it's a funny sentiment, but it's also wrong. :P Henry VIII didn't start the Reformation, and the Duggars aren't Anglican. As Baptists (and/or Calvinists) they would owe most of their religious heritage to the Protestants who opposed the Church of England.

I notice that dericks cousin, tony, is in Ecuador now, been there just over a week. I didn't know if it was a vacation or what but he posted that he is working with a group that helps sex trafficking victims and for safety reasons rhet can't post pics. Do you think the Dillards could be there and this is why they had safety concerns? This is the group he's with dunamisecuador.wordpress.com and yes its a ministry.

I find it ironically amusing that a key to the Dillards not being Catholic themselves, is a leturious drunken English King who endorsed a new flair of Christianity so he could divorce his wife to marry his mistress.

It was more involved than that AND to be fair the original Baptists split off of the Church of England because they found fault with it. Southern Baptists probably do not believe that Anglicans are real Christians. :-P

As "Independent Baptists" did the Duggars brand of church split off from the Southern Baptist? I wonder what fault they find with the Southern Baptist denomination that they feel they need something stricter and more theologically pure?

I hate to nitpick as it's a funny sentiment, but it's also wrong. :P Henry VIII didn't start the Reformation, and the Duggars aren't Anglican. As Baptists (and/or Calvinists) they would owe most of their religious heritage to the Protestants who opposed the Church of England.

I think their lineage is through John Smyth who split from the Church of England, which split from the Roman Catholic. Calvin split off from the Roman Catholic Church prior to the Church of England to form the Christian Reformed Church (still popular) and his denominational downline includes anabaptists (different group than the Baptists that split from the Church of England), Presbyterians, Mennonites and Amish.

So the "Baptist" denominations did not come from Calvin, but they do manage to be highly influenced by Calvinist ideas. I think that has to do with the American "melting-pot". Or maybe it has to do with all the splitting. There must be a dozen different denominations of "Baptist" that have emerged due to small differences about doctrine and theology. They can pick and choose what doctrines they like without any knowledge of the origins of that doctrine.

:-P so much fun!

Edit: to add that I would not be surprised if these Independent Baptists somewhere hooked up with some Congregationalists and that influenced them to be "independent".

I notice that dericks cousin, tony, is in Ecuador now, been there just over a week. I didn't know if it was a vacation or what but he posted that he is working with a group that helps sex trafficking victims and for safety reasons rhet can't post pics. Do you think the Dillards could be there and this is why they had safety concerns? This is the group he's with dunamisecuador.wordpress.com and yes its a ministry.

I think there is a good chance you found them.

Well. If that's where they are, at least it appears they are doing something actually useful. The jewelry the girls make is really pretty. It was hard to tell from the page how much shelter and food they provide, but it certainly seems better than just handing out bibles.

The Dillards going to Ecuador to work with sex trafficking victims would make sense. It incorporates their two favorite things: "wrong jesus"/"no jesus", and sex. I wonder if they'll use their used bicycle analogy on these poor women.

I really do hope that Jill learns from these women that you can be a victim of a horrible crime and still be strong, godly, and happy.

Is it possible that this "opportunity" arose BECAUSE of the scandal? If they are in Ecuador, that is. Is it possible that they were approached for this mission because she's a victim? If so, I really hope she doesn't talk a lot about mild, inappropriate touching and forgiveness to girls who were kidnapped and raped.

Is it possible that this "opportunity" arose BECAUSE of the scandal? If they are in Ecuador, that is. Is it possible that they were approached for this mission because she's a victim? If so, I really hope she doesn't talk a lot about mild, inappropriate touching and forgiveness to girls who were kidnapped and raped.

oh god I cant even imagine Jill's "testimony"..... yark :ew:

How long can they be in Ecuador when Jill has a summer TLC special to film? :roll:

oh god I cant even imagine Jill's "testimony"..... yark :ew:

How long can they be in Ecuador when Jill has a summer TLC special to film? :roll:

Its possible that they already did some filming. Its also possible that Jill's segments will be filmed via teleconference (or something) or she will fly home just for the interview.

Archived