IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

There's so many split hairs here that I need a haircut.

I think it was pretty clean. I saw a few more pics and he was going to church and a young adult (church) group and then off to Nepal. I suspect he was special friends with one of the ladies but that could just be me reading into it so I didn't post those. I did get a kick out of his facial hair.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet Dan Dillard is the party guy. I'd like to buy him a few beers and get some good Duggar gossip out of him.

Just for you, I removed some 'italics' and such in my quoted post, here - much better, indeed! Otherwise, my apologies - it is difficult to translate and adapt emotion, or emphasize more than one statement, without clogging paragraphs or adding unnecessary length to the post. I'm learning... :geek:

Thanks for taking that so well. I realised after I posted and ran last night that I phrased it in a rather rude and unconstructive manner :embarrassed:

Duggars Can Rest Easy: Jill Dillard Arrives Safely In El Salvador With Baby Israel, Husband For Mission Work

The Duggar family recently said an emotional farewell to daughter Jill Dillard and grandson Israel as they left for “long-term†mission work in a previously undisclosed location. The Dillard family shocked fans when they announced they would be leaving for a “long term†international ministry mission with their newborn baby in tow. The family gave little details on the mission work other than they would be moving “abroad†for a “long term†stay. However, it was recently revealed that the “secret†mission location was El Salvador with the S.O.S. Ministries, a group the Duggars have worked with in the past.

As the Inquisitr previously reported, the location of Jill Dillard’s mission work was disclosed by a family friend on Instagram, which indicated that the Dillard family was headed to El Salvador. Many had speculated that Nepal would be the young family’s home since Derick had worked in the area previously. However, it appears that Jill went with a Duggar family favorite, S.O.S. Ministries in El Salvador. The Duggar family has helped at the El Salvador missionary compound in the past, so the choice is not that surprising. However, unlike previous missions, Jill Dillard says the family plans to stay “long term.â€

It seems that Duggar fans can breathe a sigh of relief as S.O.S. Ministries says the Central America team has arrived safely. According to a Facebook post by the group, the new Central America team arrived in El Salvador on July 5. This would align perfectly with when the Dillard family was seen in an airport in Texas and their last known appearance in Arkansas. In addition to comments noting that the team arrived safely, the mission duration was also revealed. So, how “long term†is the latest S.O.S. Ministries mission?

“Please pray for our month-long team to Central America as they are arriving today. Pray that God will use them for the growth of His kingdom as they help the poor and preach the good news to those who are perishing. The teams will be in country until August 2nd.â€

It appears, unless the Dillard family is signing on into a leadership role with the ministry, that the family will be in El Salvador for one month. The group is slated to depart the country on August 2. Though the mission is not as long term as many had expected, considering the family typically only works in the region for a week, this mission is considerably longer than previous mission trips.

---------------

Facebook post:

S.O.S. Ministries

5 July at 17:36 ·

Please pray for our month-long team to Central America as they are arriving today. Pray that God will use them for the growth of His kingdom as they help the poor and preach the good news to those who are perishing. The teams will be in country until August 2nd.

Duggars Can Rest Easy: Jill Dillard Arrives Safely In El Salvador With Baby Israel, Husband For Mission Work

The Duggar family recently said an emotional farewell to daughter Jill Dillard and grandson Israel as they left for “long-term†mission work in a previously undisclosed location. The Dillard family shocked fans when they announced they would be leaving for a “long term†international ministry mission with their newborn baby in tow. The family gave little details on the mission work other than they would be moving “abroad†for a “long term†stay. However, it was recently revealed that the “secret†mission location was El Salvador with the S.O.S. Ministries, a group the Duggars have worked with in the past.

As the Inquisitr previously reported, the location of Jill Dillard’s mission work was disclosed by a family friend on Instagram, which indicated that the Dillard family was headed to El Salvador. Many had speculated that Nepal would be the young family’s home since Derick had worked in the area previously. However, it appears that Jill went with a Duggar family favorite, S.O.S. Ministries in El Salvador. The Duggar family has helped at the El Salvador missionary compound in the past, so the choice is not that surprising. However, unlike previous missions, Jill Dillard says the family plans to stay “long term.â€

It seems that Duggar fans can breathe a sigh of relief as S.O.S. Ministries says the Central America team has arrived safely. According to a Facebook post by the group, the new Central America team arrived in El Salvador on July 5. This would align perfectly with when the Dillard family was seen in an airport in Texas and their last known appearance in Arkansas. In addition to comments noting that the team arrived safely, the mission duration was also revealed. So, how “long term†is the latest S.O.S. Ministries mission?

“Please pray for our month-long team to Central America as they are arriving today. Pray that God will use them for the growth of His kingdom as they help the poor and preach the good news to those who are perishing. The teams will be in country until August 2nd.â€

It appears, unless the Dillard family is signing on into a leadership role with the ministry, that the family will be in El Salvador for one month. The group is slated to depart the country on August 2. Though the mission is not as long term as many had expected, considering the family typically only works in the region for a week, this mission is considerably longer than previous mission trips.

---------------

Facebook post:

S.O.S. Ministries

5 July at 17:36 ·

Please pray for our month-long team to Central America as they are arriving today. Pray that God will use them for the growth of His kingdom as they help the poor and preach the good news to those who are perishing. The teams will be in country until August 2nd.

I saw this too. One month makes.sense with his teeth needing monitoring.

But the whole we'll come visit you....

In the next month?

In South America.

Money really can't be an issue at all even with lawyer fees.

What? A Month!?!

Even though I thought their judgment was questionable to do a long term missionary stint with a new baby and Derick' s need for post-surgery care, now I actually HOPE that they are taking on long term leadership positions in the organization and will be staying on longer than than the rest of this particular volunteer team.

Because if it is just a month that means all the hullabaloo with media stories, instagram farewells, tearful send-off video, blah-blah...that was a just another attempt at a smokescreen to take attention away from Josh's "mistakes".

Key here is: "unless the Dillard family is signing on into a leadership role.."

There was speculation that Derick is going to be a leader of some sort in the El Salvador mission because the previous leader is leaving.

It makes sense if he were going to be leading a new group, that he'd want to get there at least by the time the group arrived.

And yeah.. Boob and Josh are hiding behind the Dillards now "totally." Nothing about poor Anna and M4.

I wonder if the Jillard's will be staying on after the rest of the team that is going for only a month. If not, it's too bizarre crazy all the hoop-la they caused about this.

Boob is tight with SOS... I'm sure it's all been worked out months ago that the Dillards will have a leadership role (with Boob pulling strings higher up) and promises of the Duggars visiting and lending visibility to SOS from their TV show.

Now the TLC show has gone tits up, maybe that's why the farewell video was taken.. to make good on publicity promises with SOS. When all the Duggars visit, I'm sure we'll see some really heartstring-pulling videos made by the Duggar kids of the wonderful work done by Jill and Derick in godforsaken El Salvador. It's got to be part of the PR campaign to fix their reputations post Josh.

So, exactly how long are the Dillard family Jesus vacation donation funds supposed to last? 1 month? 6 months?

"On a Jesus Vacation" wouldn't be a bad post count title :lol:

I'm cracking up over here, bingbangboom!

So, exactly how long are the Dillard family Jesus vacation donation funds supposed to last? 1 month? 6 months?

I would hope they at least post some regular updates to their blog and social media in order to keep the donations flowing in. What ever happened with the $19,000 supposedly donated by a little old lady?

I still don't 100% believe they are in El Salvador. I won't until we see them confirm it or see pictures or something.

But if they are, I bet he'll take a leadership role and that is why he quit his job and all of that.

I think it's very likely to be El Salvador, given the family friend confirmation + the family's ties to the area + the timing of this group along with need for a new leader.

If it is El Salvador, then I'm happy for the people of Nepal who are already suffering terribly after two major earthquakes. No need for the Dillard to bring their dog and pony show there.

I really like the picture of the two brothers. Dan looks so much like his dad and Derick really looks like his mom. Good to see them just hanging out.

Re: the whole missionary thing.....I won't believe anything I read in any tabloid about the location or duration until I see actual proof from Duggars or Dillards.

So today's Gospel was Mark 6 7:13 It is where Jesus sends out the 12 and tells them not to bring any food, or bag, or money in their belt. What do the Dillard's say about this?

Where exactly was that timehop photo originally posted? Dan's Instagram or something?

Where exactly was that timehop photo originally posted? Dan's Instagram or something?

A friend of theirs on Instagram

The article does bring up the possibility of their staying longer if they are going into a leadership role. That makes more sense to me, especially with them saying they had to attend language school. I can't imagine that being a requirement for a one month stay. The writer also uses lots of weasel words to hedge his/her bets: "it seems", "it appears", "would align". We shall see.

Coldhearted cynic that I am, I think the whole thing was originally planned in large part for the show.

Recall the cliff-hanger from the last episode - Jill had big news that shocked everyone. I don't doubt it was this mission trip. Supposedly shocking probably because she was leaving so soon after the birth of the baby. I'm sure some of the crew was coming and this would be one of three main story lines - along with Josiah's courtship and Jessa's pregnancy - for the next season.

Without TLC support and a little baby in tow, I don't think they'll be gone long. Hope they didn't hand over the keys to the McMansion to anyone.

Didn't we all assume that mission work was in their future? I thought that was a key thing that brought them together..

Actually, taking the crazy religion out of it, I think this is a good first mission for a young family. It is close enough to travel back to the US if there was a need, and they are familiar with the area from previous travels, and unlike Nepal, it isn't an area that is still in dire straits due to a recent massive earthquake where needs are far different from what Jill and Derick are likely to offer at this point.

If they do El Salvador and find they have a taste for mission work, then perhaps they plan to go to other countries eventually.

Now, from my personal point of view, what we have seen from the Duggar's mission work in the past is not very impressive, and I am quite bothered by their war against other Christian faiths. I respect missionaries who go to do actual work, and find out what the people need and want rather than just pushing on them what They think they need or want. I know of people who work in eastern Asia, and they work in the villages, or cities and help provide services, education, books, medicines etc. There is no proselytizing but at night, they hold some prayer services with no obligation to attend. Their aid and goods are given freely to all people in need whether they come to the prayer services or not (I do think they offer some refreshments at the prayer services which is likely an inducement for many locals, who find food very scarce, however). They never ask people what their beliefs are, though they do have signage that encourages the locals to ask what the worker's beliefs are if they are interested. They also absolutely learn the language. In fact, a friend's son who is on an Pacific Island somewhere spent over a year learning the languages and dialects. Then once there, he lived with a host family for the first 6 months to really reinforce the language. He was not allowed to even start his mission work until the host family agreed that he knew the language well enough to function as needed. It was the first and foremost thing that he had to do to prepare for his mission. And, they are discouraged from teaching the locals to speak English, unless they request it. They want the workers to interact with the locals in their native tongue and not try to "westernize" them to English.

While I, in general am not a supporter of any Mission work that aims to convert people to Christianity, I do feel that the one my friend's son works for is one of the better ones. (In fact, unless it is illegal in the country they are in, they talk about family planning and safe sex, etc with locals, though they have to be careful because not all local governments are welcoming to these topics)

What I find so colossally offensive, is that most countries around the world have their own defined faiths. So I am not sure why we feel we need to go in there and act like these people have no faith based system. I am really embarrassed that so many Christians have the arrogant idea that they know what is best for people.

A month? They consider that long term? If it's only for a month then I think it's crazy that he quit his job to go.

All that crying in the video for a 1 month trip?! JB and M are going to visit them during this month long vacation?

I knew it. I am sure they paid SOS to go. Youth paying for the privilege to go to the mission field for a "vacation" has been a thing for decades. It is becoming so popular that secular travel agencies are cashing in on it as well as youth spend their gap years (a year upper middle class British youth take between high school and college) to travel around the world and "volunteer" to help poor people. People do it after they finish college as well. Even recent retirees do it. Its trendy.

They may also have been hired to go on these mission trips to bring attention to them. Like Josh at his hate lobby. They did keep describing it as a "job". Not only can people go on their low commitment mission trip, but they get to rub shoulders with the Duggars.

I caution you to not believe everything you read about the trip. It hasn't been confirmed that it was just for a month. The article about that was written mostly with conjecture. The Tears that Joy and Jenny shed were not tears of "I will see you in a month". They were tears of "I don't know for sure, when I will see you again". While the rest of the video was scripted and completely dumb, the emotion of Joy felt sincere to me. I think the Dillards are going longer than a month. El Salvador might not even be their final destination. They may be training to go elsewhere, and are starting with El Salvador because it is a known entity for them and good place to start.

Right or Wrong, I think Derick does have a missionary's mindset. And I would think that his time in Nepal was long enough to give a realistic taste of missionary work, at least as young single guy. It will be very different of course as the dad/husband of a wife and new baby.

Archived