IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

I had a palette expander when I was 17. The pain was HORRIBLE! I had to turn the key 3xs a day. I had it for 2 years. Afterwards I had a bone graft, 3 wisdom teeth and two impacted teeth remove all in one surgery. I lost a LOT of weight and it sucked. I could t eat a lot of the same foods.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on Derick rushing over to Jill and wrapping his arms around her right in front of JB... It was like Derick realized they were on camera and that since they're now married, when on camera they need to constantly be touching. See, we CAN touch now! Whenever we want! And we're SOOOOO happy about it, we can't keep our hands off of each other!

Can I snark on the background? Lots of random junk piled up on the pews. No one has stepped up to fill Jessa's organizational role, obviously.

And...a nod to Jeff Foxworthy:

You might be Quiverful if...it takes church pews to seat the members of your family at home.

Next on a very special evening from TLC: "19 Hoards and Counting".

/www.inquisitr.com/2235194/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillards-mission-location-revealed-where-in-the-world-are-the-19-kids-and-counting-stars/

Is this being discussed already??

Can I snark on the background? Lots of random junk piled up on the pews. No one has stepped up to fill Jessa's organizational role, obviously.

And...a nod to Jeff Foxworthy:

You might be Quiverful if...it takes church pews to seat the members of your family at home.

How much do you want to bet that the junk is the contents of Josh and Anna's DC house waiting for the renovations to be completed on their new home?

I was of the belief that Derrick stepped in to 'protect' Jill from JBoob. Protector mode, if you will. However, I ran across the most recent 19KAC publicity photo of the whole damn fam and Derrick and Jill struck the arms around her shoulders pose. So I now believe it was simply done as a way to comfort Jill.

If Derrick wanted to "protect" Jill or was fed up with Jim Bob, he wouldn't be toeing the Duggar line. He wouldn't even be in the video. I don’t believe he is so upset with the molestation that he is taking his family to another country to escape. If he wanted to escape from the family he would have kept his job and moved into a home not owned by Jim Bob. I think Derrick is willingly drinking the Koolaid Jill has made and he is happy doing so. I have no doubt that they will use this “mission†trip as a means to make more money. Derrick knows what it’s like to work and what it’s like to make easy money. Hard work seems to no longer be in the realm of his reality.

Can we stop with framing Derick as some hero swooping in to save Jill.

Derick believes the same things Jill believes. He thinks that moving to a foreign country and coercively trying to change their culture to his is a good thing. He is a Christian Dominionist. He wants to leave his family size up to god.

I have no doubt that he is cool with Josh and JB. JB gave Jill to Derick; he transferred his authority to Derick. Why would Derick, who was JB's prayer partner before meeting Jill, dislike him? Because of the Josh incident? The family, which included Derick, forgives him. Derick may have come from a more reasonable background, but he gave himself to Duggarland and we need to stop pretending like he is a radical mole who infiltrated the Duggar compound in order to take Jill away and encourage her (and then their children) to wear pants and go to school and leave her beliefs behind.

Can we stop with framing Derick as some hero swooping in to save Jill.

Derick believes the same things Jill believes. He thinks that moving to a foreign country and coercively trying to change their culture to his is a good thing. He is a Christian Dominionist. He wants to leave his family size up to god.

I have no doubt that he is cool with Josh and JB. JB gave Jill to Derick; he transferred his authority to Derick. Why would Derick, who was JB's prayer partner before meeting Jill, dislike him? Because of the Josh incident? The family, which included Derick, forgives him. Derick may have come from a more reasonable background, but he gave himself to Duggarland and we need to stop pretending like he is a radical mole who infiltrated the Duggar compound in order to take Jill away and encourage her (and then their children) to wear pants and go to school and leave her beliefs behind.

I don't get this obsession with making Derick Jill's savior either. The guy is JBs fanboy. Before prayer partner, this fool went to TTH with a group caroling. He saw TTH in all it's glory and splendor... all the kids... long before he even met Jill.

It's not like Jill and Derick met outside the Tastee Freeze, and then he met the family and lifestyle... and though oh no, I need to rescue her.

Derrick fell in love with JB and the lifestyle long before he did Jillymuffin.

Besides the fact, (like JB and Michelle), Derick didn't grow up a Quiverfull Fundie, what is the evidence that he is not down with the lifestyle?

I think everyone is being too black and white. I think it is possible that Derick is conflicted in how he feels about all of this. I do think he is a true believer, but that doesn't preclude him from having some changes in how he feels about JB/M and Josh. He may not even be fully in touch with how he feels.

I completely think his body language was telling, but at the same time, I am not convinced that it was a conscious move on Derick's part. I think it was more reflexive or instinctive. He has been through a lot in a short period of time. Losing his dad, graduating college, living in Nepal, meeting Jill, falling in love, his mom's illness, rushing to marry, his moms illness worsening, honeymoon pregnancy, assimilating into the huge Duggar clan, having a baby, his wifes prolonged and complicated labor, adjusting to parenthood, the molestation news and subsequent scandal, his surgery, etc.

That is a lot for someone to deal with in a short period of time. I have no doubt that there are times when he gets a hint or a feeling that "something in the milk ain't clean" when he is around JB and the clan. His body language reflected him feeling protective of her. Now, was he protecting her from JB? Maybe not, maybe he was just trying to protect and support her emotionally from the stress of the situation. But what makes me think that it might have had something to do with JB is that Jill herself looked stressed during their conversation.

I totally agree with what you and others have said that Derick has been drinking the KoolAid. He wanted to be a part of this lifestyle. But, he would also not be the first person who looked through rose colored glasses at something only to have reality come crushing down on them once that rose tinting wears thin.

I am not a Derick fan necessarily, nor do I think that at this point he is ready to full on step away from JB. I do think that Derick really does love Jill and vice versa. And I think that Jill has enjoyed being away from the TTH. It seems clear that she isn't overly close with many of the family and she seems pretty content to be focusing on her own little nest, which is fine. She is an obedient girl, which is why she showed up for the most recent dog and pony show video, but her heart was not in it. And Neither was Dericks. The only person who showed much enthusiasm was JB. And of course, we saw a glimpse of real emotion from Joy and Jenny.

When Jill is with her family, it is work. It isn't down time, it isn't time to relax and be comforted by mom and dad. It is work. It is be "camera ready", "be Happy" "Be ready to speak to the family's typical talking points".

I don't get this obsession with making Derick Jill's savior either. The guy is JBs fanboy. Before prayer partner, this fool went to TTH with a group caroling. He saw TTH in all it's glory and splendor... all the kids... long before he even met Jill.

It's not like Jill and Derick met outside the Tastee Freeze, and then he met the family and lifestyle... and though oh no, I need to rescue her.

Besides the fact, (like JB and Michelle), Derick didn't grow up a Quiverfull Fundie, what is the evidence that he is not down with the lifestyle?

Well said to both of you. I have said it here (not as well) a couple of times in the past but the general opinion seems to be DD is a savior. I'm just not seeing evidence of that.

I don't see Derrick as a savior either. His story is just as creepy to me as that of Steven Hammer (newbies, look it up) A guy with a fairly normal background who goes full on Fundie, finds his ideal woman online (or in Derrick's case, on television), initiates a courtship relationship with Daddy and young woman, followed by a quick wedding and the birth of the first of many arrows. Derrick is taking Advanced Grifting from his mentor, JB. Jill is not leaving the cult, just leaving Tontitown to save some Catholics from idol worship.

If this trip is a PR stunt,and it very well may be,it may have been JB's idea to get them out of the country on a mission trip,so the rest of the family can come 'visit' and 'help' with the mission,thus getting the Duggars good PR.(Or an attempt to,anyway).Lots of picture taking and such about how they are 'helping' others...quite a diversion from home.

If that is the case,then I would say JB has Derick pretty much in his pocket,and can get him to go along with whatever he wants.I do think Derick (and Ben),are Duggars now,even tho their last names aren't.JB still has all the control and pulls all the strings,imo.Just a thought

The whole thing just does seem a bit too rushed to me. The baby so new, Derrick's recent surgery, M4 still in the oven, etc. Yes, those things can be overlooked but based on what we know it seems like it would have been more sensible to wait another year at least.

There is always a method to the madness and it certainly could be they were rushed away under JB's guidance as a diversion. It's a shame that every move they make seems to be calculated.

This can never be said enough.

The whole thing just does seem a bit too rushed to me. The baby so new, Derrick's recent surgery, M4 still in the oven, etc. Yes, those things can be overlooked but based on what we know it seems like it would have been more sensible to wait another year at least.

There is always a method to the madness and it certainly could be they were rushed away under JB's guidance as a diversion. It's a shame that every move they make seems to be calculated.

I'm of the opinion that the timing is more tied to the earthquake in Nepal. Derrick and Jill probably think it was a sign from God that he was needed to convert the heathens lest they be plagued by more tragedy. :roll:

I'm of the opinion that the timing is more tied to the earthquake in Nepal. Derrick and Jill probably think it was a sign from God that he was needed to convert the heathens lest they be plagued by more tragedy. :roll:

True, true - I will say that when I first read the news about the horrible earthquakes, one of my thoughts was what Derrick's reaction was going to be.

I stated my opinion of Derrick's 'protector mode' hug in reply to discussion as to what his body language IN THE VIDEO meant. And I stand by my opinion.

I DO NOT believe that Derrick is going to 'save' Jill from a fundie lifestyle. I agree he drank the kook-aid and JOINED the fundie lifestyle of his own accord.

I do hold out hope that Derrick and his side of the family will expose Jill to more 'real world' experiences that aren't couched between fundie and JimBoob 'rules.' Like Derrick's cousin's wedding, for example.

I also get the feeling that Derrick is a kind soul with a true desire to interact with others and help. I'm Catholic and in his opinion need to be 'saved' but I can look past that and say that I believe he comes from a place of good. Misguided good, in my opinion, but i believe he does have a servants heart. Which is NOT something I can say about JimBoob. Thankfully it seems that Derrick has different motivations in life than his FIL. Actions speak louder than words and so Jill should soon see that her headship(it hurt to type that LOL) walks a slightly different walk than her Pops.

I can't help it that a part of me wants better for all of them and I see small glimmers of hope for Jill via Derrick. Baby steps...

I guess I think, hope.....that when Jill has five under five, or six, she changes her mind about having a bzillion kids.

Hope springs eternal.

I suspect a good part of the reason Derick & Jill left now was because the outing of the scandal completely freaked her out. Seems like they planned to leave anyway, but later. What opportunity could be so sudden and compelling as to pull a new mother, infant, and dad who just had surgery and a job, away so quickly? It's possible, but I believe unlikely. I don't think Derick is a savior but that doesn't mean he won't act to protect his wife and child, as any decent husband would do.

I just hope Jill gains perspective about life when she is in another setting. But I don't know that if she is going to a place where it is thick with fundie missionaries it will only reinforce the fundie lifestyle.

Maybe she will meet regular people at the local marketplace. Just maybe. Oh, but I guess she is going there to "save" them. Oh well.

I just hope Jill gains perspective about life when she is in another setting. But I don't know that if she is going to a place where it is thick with fundie missionaries it will reinforce the fundie lifestyle.

Maybe she will meet regular people at the local marketplace. Just maybe. Oh, but I guess she is going there to "save" them. Oh well.

Savior Derrick had been in Nepal almost 2 years when he finally met Jill. We assume he was not-so-fundie prior to his missions trip since he went to college and everything. Now look at him. Seems to me being away led him further into the lifestyle.

It's not as if Jill has been living locked in the Prayer closest. She's traveled all over the US and the world. Granted she was with her family, but she's probably seen more of the world than the average American. I'm not expecting her to break away from anything anytime soon no matter where she lives.

Jill's religious fervor and fundie lifestyle are totally tied to her family....and she loves her family. And so it goes. Perhaps she can widen her horizons actually living elsewhere, but since it is tied to "Spreading the Word" probably not.

I think it's likely that Derick has seen a very different side of JB since the house of cards has come crashing down. JB is a narcissist of the highest order. When the general public were buying his bull-crap 'perfect family' image, and he was receiving all the adoration he could have asked for from fans, he would have been a much easier person to deal with than I imagine he is now.

I think it's fairly obvious that nobody other than JB actually wants to be recording that farce of a video, but they don't really have any choice. What JB wants, JB will get, or else everyone will pay hell for it.

I would guess that the last few weeks have been a eye-opener for Derick, and he may only now be starting to realise what kind of family he has married into and exactly who he has for a father-in-law.

Leaving with a newborn wouldn't be an issue for them--they're quiverfull. Unless fertility issues arise, chances are good that Jill will always either be pregnant or dealing with an infant. That being the case, they literally can't take Israel's age into account if they want to do "missionary" "work" or, really, any major life change. They can't let infancy be a big deal or they'll never do anything.

Archived