IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 4

happy atheist

Big question: Did they film this because TLC possible cancelled the show???? Why else would JB film this himself?

Of course! JB needs to show that no matter what his family is Godly and good. It's a dog and pony show to distract people from anything that is not flattering. SEE! WE REALLY ARE GOOD GOD FEARING PEOPLE!

I almost expected to see cue cards on the side with everyone's lines written out and a stage director reminding people to hug.

And why are sisters just side hugging? Are they afraid it might lead to something unpure? Yes - the hug between Jilly Muffin and Joy was the only genuine thing in that whole farce

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how long they plan to be gone, if it's been mentioned here, I missed it but personally I hope they stay for as long as they possibly can. Six months, a year, even more so that Jill might get a clue about how effed up her family really is. Might not work but it's certainly not going to while she remains in the vicinity of the TTH.

Leave and cleave, it's time. Let JB stay in AR and fight with TLC, film his videos, find something for his now very unemployable son to do, but you, Jill and Derick, get on with your own lives. Figure out life for yourselves, whilst Daddy JB fights his battles, suspect there's going to be a few for him.

Not keen on the whole donation bit, can't imagine they don't have the money saved for this venture, but I would find it amusing that a bunch of leghumpers donate to their mission cause with the end result of Jill getting a clue and running away screaming from her crazy, batshit parents. Ok, so one can dream.

I still don't see what some of you are seeing with the body language. Also, if I recall, the thing in Nepal where JB separated them was partly done in jest. In the little cab thingy (can't think of what it's called) Derick and Jill were practically sitting on top of each other and JB even took a picture of them. I think Derick putting his arms around her when she was upset was just a comforting thing a husband would do to for his wife. My husband wraps his arms around me in a similar way. To me, it's not like that's scandalous PDA...it's not really even much for a married Duggar at all.

Oh, and I still won't fully believe it's El Salvador until a Duggar says so.

So orthodontists only exist in the US and Europe? Ok then. :evil-eye:

So I'll start with the disclaimer that I haven't read back through the thread.

Put me in the camp of thinking they AREN'T going to El Salvador. In the video JB clearly says that they (the family) would come "over" to visit the Dillards. If it was El Salvador he'd say "down" to visit them. I think they are going to Nepal. I hope to do some actual good, like build schools/hospitals/distribute goods. I also saw the donate link on the Ellie/Lily blog. Not that I'd ever donate to them, but to blindly donate without knowing where they are going and or what they are really using the money for?!?

You're giving JB way to much credit for grammar. The over/down thing doesn't mean much coming from him. That said, I'm leaning slightly towards them going to Nepal, only because there was that one comment from Cathy once about having a clock in Nepal time.

So orthodontists only exist in the US and Europe? Ok then. :evil-eye:

You're giving JB way to much credit for grammar. The over/down thing doesn't mean much coming from him. That said, I'm leaning slightly towards them going to Nepal, only because there was that one comment from Cathy once about having a clock in Nepal time.

I agree... and agree... and agree.

I'm really over the thought that there are not orthodontists in developing countries... :roll: I'd be more concerned on how sickly and thin Derrick seems to appear. I'm not diagnosing him with anything but we hasn't looked well in months.

Since when has JB ever used proper grammar in so much as that we can get suggestions on where they might be going?

The Nepal clock comment on Cathy's Facebook was very telling and the timing was right.

Plus, since these people feel that lying isn't a sin, who's to say the "El Salvador" wasn't just meant to distract and confuse. This came from some random "friend of the family" right? Whatever.

Personally analyzing Derick from afar, I never thought he seemed controlling. Could be totally wrong. His mom is just so lovely. I think he is much better man than JB. But that is just me.

As long as they can get good medical care, I say away they should go!!!

Can I snark on the background? Lots of random junk piled up on the pews. No one has stepped up to fill Jessa's organizational role, obviously.

And...a nod to Jeff Foxworthy:

You might be Quiverful if...it takes church pews to seat the members of your family at home.

I agree... and agree... and agree.

I'm really over the thought that there are not orthodontists in developing countries... :roll: I'd be more concerned on how sickly and thin Derrick seems to appear. I'm not diagnosing him with anything but we hasn't looked well in months.

Since when has JB ever used proper grammar in so much as that we can get suggestions on where they might be going?

The Nepal clock comment on Cathy's Facebook was very telling and the timing was right.

Plus, since these people feel that lying isn't a sin, who's to say the "El Salvador" wasn't just meant to distract and confuse. This came from some random "friend of the family" right? Whatever.

IMO that's a result of the oral surgery and liquid/soft food diet that would be part of his after care. All evidence I've seen suggests he has the device described here http://askanorthodontist.com/braces/wha ... -expander/ -- we can see the change in his face and body weight, and the change in his ability to speak clearly, because there's a foreign object lodged in the roof of his mouth (still imo). That anybody would go through this procedure and then leave on a "long term mission" before the expansion process is complete is mind boggling. His regular orthodontist and oral surgeon should be monitoring and evaluating his progress for months--six-ish months, not two-ish months (he's 2 mos post op right now).

The notion that wealthy American "missionaries" who have a history of looking down their noses at local culture and customs and are in the country to deliver condescending and non-essential services would seek out and use (cosmetic?) health care that is unavailable to their clients? victims? sheep? because the objects of the mission are poor doesn't sit well with me at all, but naturally it happens all the time. This is rambly, sorry.

riffles

Can I snark on the background? Lots of random junk piled up on the pews. No one has stepped up to fill Jessa's organizational role, obviously.

And...a nod to Jeff Foxworthy:

You might be Quiverful if...it takes church pews to seat the members of your family at home.

I think the Duggars may be getting ready to go on another SOS trip hence the disarray.

Re: Derek looking scruffy and skinny: (besides the obvious dental work) HELLO! New Husband to a bride who Can Not Cook!

I thought Derick giving Jill the from the back hug was very sweet, and he did it to comfort her as she is facing imminent separation from her family.

Also agree Derick looks really a shadow of his former self lately. When you add up all the life stressors, he's got to be off the charts with stress. Some people who are naturally thin like that just disappear when they are under loads of stress. I think Derick is that type. He's lost a lot of weight and had deep shadows under his eyes. Losing tons of sleep from the baby in addition to the fallout from Josh's admissions has had to be really hard for Derick. Not to mention, I'll bet the surgery made it hard for him to eat for awhile.

The BEST thing for Derick is what he's doing.. getting away from the family and media for extended amounts of time. No more of Jill's "healthy cooking," they can eat local and let Derick gain weight. Although I'm pissed they are basically going on extended vacation using donations, at least Derick gets his family away from that Duggar nuthouse.

I thought Derick giving Jill the from the back hug was very sweet, and he did it to comfort her as she is facing imminent separation from her family.

Also agree Derick looks really a shadow of his former self lately. When you add up all the life stressors, he's got to be off the charts with stress. Some people who are naturally thin like that just disappear when they are under loads of stress. I think Derick is that type. He's lost a lot of weight and had deep shadows under his eyes. Losing tons of sleep from the baby in addition to the fallout from Josh's admissions has had to be really hard for Derick. Not to mention, I'll bet the surgery made it hard for him to eat for awhile.

The BEST thing for Derick is what he's doing.. getting away from the family and media for extended amounts of time. No more of Jill's "healthy cooking," they can eat local and let Derick gain weight. Although I'm pissed they are basically going on extended vacation using donations, at least Derick gets his family away from that Duggar nuthouse.

I totally agree. I doubt they will ever fully get away, as Michelle and JB would load them down with some heavy guilt.

IMO that's a result of the oral surgery and liquid/soft food diet that would be part of his after care. All evidence I've seen suggests he has the device described here http://askanorthodontist.com/braces/wha ... -expander/ -- we can see the change in his face and body weight, and the change in his ability to speak clearly, because there's a foreign object lodged in the roof of his mouth (still imo). That anybody would go through this procedure and then leave on a "long term mission" before the expansion process is complete is mind boggling. His regular orthodontist and oral surgeon should be monitoring and evaluating his progress for months--six-ish months, not two-ish months (he's 2 mos post op right now).

[snipped for relevance]

This is 'Twilight' Derrick! (Someone should write Twilight fan-fiction starring the Duggars - ha!!) Indeed, it made for strange anniversary photos. ...Looking so vapid and hollow under the eyes -not unlike an iv-drug addict. And in the more-recent photos, with the longer hair and plaid flannel, he could easily blend into the Arts District I live in - a regular hipster! Except for the shirt - gross.

A device called "Quad-Helix" is used for moderate to severe expansion. Every three to six weeks, the Dr. adjusts and expands the device. More pain ensues after every visit. Over and again. I endured this torture-device young, at 11 years of age. It is a constant pain. The upper-arch is widened slowly by pushing the teeth outward. It was unbearable for me and removed it quite early - then again, I was young. Of course, it is best to get this work done young. Hearing Derrick speak, and noticing his quasi broken-spirit, I am betting he has a Quad-Helix, or some such 'helix' device - just an educated guess.

The notion that wealthy American "missionaries" who have a history of looking down their noses at local culture and customs and are in the country to deliver condescending and non-essential services would seek out and use (cosmetic?) health care that is unavailable to their clients? victims? sheep? because the objects of the mission are poor doesn't sit well with me at all, but naturally it happens all the time. This is rambly, sorry.

riffles

Totally unrelated but I see it all the time and keep forgetting to ask....what does "riffles" mean? Sorry, dumb question, I'm sure.

Totally unrelated but I see it all the time and keep forgetting to ask....what does "riffles" mean? Sorry, dumb question, I'm sure.

Means typo/grammatical error. taken from a post where a fundie blogger kept writing "riffle" instead of rifle.

I think there has got to be SOME tension between JimBob and Jill and Derick. I mean, JillyMuffy is the apple of JB's eye, and she is going a long way away, wherever that may be. I'm sure the Duggar's WILL be taking that "destination vacation" and imposing themselves upon the Dillard's as often as post-TLC funds allow, but still, Derick and his missionary heart are taking Jill far away from Daddy and it just isn't done! The children must stay close by and controllable! I think this is not JB's ideal situation, no matter how much love for God's work crap he is spouting in goodbye videos....plus the family dynamics still seem weird to me, even upon further reflection.

I think there has got to be SOME tension between JimBob and Jill and Derick. I mean, JillyMuffy is the apple of JB's eye, and she is going a long way away, wherever that may be. I'm sure the Duggar's WILL be taking that "destination vacation" and imposing themselves upon the Dillard's as often as post-TLC funds allow, but still, Derick and his missionary heart are taking Jill far away from Daddy and it just isn't done! The children must stay close by and controllable! I think this is not JB's ideal situation, no matter how much love for God's work crap he is spouting in goodbye videos....plus the family dynamics still seem weird to me, even upon further reflection.

Haha, ARE there gonna be funds to take the whole family overseas after this? I guess JB does have a ton of money, but taking 10+ people overseas adds up. And if the rumors are true, his money will get eaten up by lawyers and publicists...lawsuits ain't cheap!

Or they could grift their way onto a plane.

Haha, ARE there gonna be funds to take the whole family overseas after this? I guess JB does have a ton of money, but taking 10+ people overseas adds up. And if the rumors are true, his money will get eaten up by lawyers and publicists...lawsuits ain't cheap!

Or they could grift their way onto a plane.

too bad DPIAT isnt taking his "hazardous journeys" anymore or I'm sure boob and dougie would have worked this out somehow

too bad DPIAT isnt taking his "hazardous journeys" anymore or I'm sure boob and dougie would have worked this out somehow

I feel this would most assuredly be true.

I think there has got to be SOME tension between JimBob and Jill and Derick. I mean, JillyMuffy is the apple of JB's eye, and she is going a long way away, wherever that may be. I'm sure the Duggar's WILL be taking that "destination vacation" and imposing themselves upon the Dillard's as often as post-TLC funds allow, but still, Derick and his missionary heart are taking Jill far away from Daddy and it just isn't done!

I really disagree.. I think this missionary trip was in the pipes even before Josh's admission hit the news. And before they got married, they both talked about becoming missionaries overseas, as Derick had done in Nepal.

From Boob's Duggar brand standpoint, having a daughter and son- in- law head overseas to do missionary work helps put a big old Bandaid on the Josh mess and distract the public from how weird the family is. "See how Godly and Righteous we are? My daughter and her husband and new baby are going overseas to serve the poor and spread God's word!!!"

Sure they are going to go over there in 3 months. So they can take loads of pictures (minus Josh) of all the Duggars together working for the Lord. It's a total PR stunt, and well timed at that.

riffles

I can attest to the liquid diet being an issue. I'm on my second round of braces now as an adult, and they kept warning me about how it was going to hurt so much more than when I was younger. The pain I was braced for, but the liquid diet made me sick to my stomach. I think I had 1000 calories of yogurt/ day for about a week, and it was the worst.

As long as he has regular care lined up, I wouldn't think it's that big of a deal if he travels with a palate expander. Lots of people have had those, myself included. The challenge will be getting squeamish Jill to turn the key for him.

If the Dillards are going to Kathmandu, there are several orthodontists there.. or used to be. Hopefully one of these clinics would still be open to help Derick between his trips to the US. Seems like he'll be just fine if Nepal is the choice.

http://healthysmiles.com.np/new/Home.html

Here's a clue too... they accept SOS insurance...

Public Health Insurance - Vanbreda, SOS International Dental Plans Accepted

I can attest to the liquid diet being an issue. I'm on my second round of braces now as an adult, and they kept warning me about how it was going to hurt so much more than when I was younger. The pain I was braced for, but the liquid diet made me sick to my stomach. I think I had 1000 calories of yogurt/ day for about a week, and it was the worst.

Did you also have surgery and your jaw wired shut? I'm not understanding why the liquid diet with just braces.

I *believe* that he is past the Key expanding surgery because he is an adult. once you are in your mind 20’s you face doesn’t shift like that anyone. my ex has to get major dental surgery and braces before her turned 22 to complete it before his face would set. Other people have said similar upthread, and therefore he would have a different surgery. not sure on the details.

OK people, I just watched the goodbye video without sound just to see what y'all were talking about.

I think that there is a lot of over-analyzing going on here.

For all we know, Michelle had been holding Izzy allll day before they decided to record this video.

Without sound, D is very focused on JB and what he has to say and even has a sparkle in his eye when talking to him. If anything it is Jill who is awkward looking to be standing that close to her father while D drapes his arms around her. JB has no reaction to the PDA at all.

Jinger might be yawning because this version is the 20th take.

We only see short snippets of their lives. For all we know there was weeping and wailing and Izzy squeezing for hours before they recorded this.

Possibly. But I highly doubt it. Any of it.

Archived