IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

Are you a fan of FreeJinger? So is the guy who broke the story on InTouch. This is what he said:

"Who's your favorite Duggar?"

"If I had to pick one it would be Jinger Duggar. Mainly because she gives great side-eye and fans, I think their fans created the "Free Jinger" movement on the web." :cracking-up:

The guy, as it turns out, is a homosexual and he says that Josh is his least favorite Duggar: http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainm ... wn-duggars

Maybe Josh will think twice before condemning other people again.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I have a question. I have read in quite a few places how JB when each of the kids has gotten married JB has "given" them a house to begin their new lives in.

Has JB really "given" them each a house? As in transferring the title of said house into their names and transferring ownership? Or has he "given" them a place to stay, but not ownership? Does anyone know or know how to check into this? I'd be willing to do my own research but have no idea how to figure it out.

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25242&p=897147p897147

I can help you look up more current information; this is from late March 2015. Feel free to pm me if you get stuck.

Are you a fan of FreeJinger? So is the guy who broke the story on InTouch. This is what he said:

"If I had to pick one it would be Jinger Duggar. Mainly because she gives great side-eye and fans, I think their fans created the "Free Jinger" movement on the web." :cracking-up:

The guy, as it turns out, is a homosexual and he says that Josh is his least favorite Duggar: http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainm ... wn-duggars

There are an incredible number of leghumper comments on that page.

There are an incredible number of leghumper comments on that page.

So, go there and add a real comment in true "freejinger" style! :dance:

Give the guy some encouragement to keep digging up the facts on the family.

There has been some digging done and I have never seen a title transfer to Jill/Derick or Jessa/Ben and I don't think we ever will. Jim Bob said Jill's house was just till he could sell it. Obviously he is not selling it, so I think Jim Bob's real intention was to let them stay till they save enough to buy a home for cash, same with Jessa and Ben. What gets me mad is if Jim Bob gave each kid the profit from one show 40k and one magazine cover 10k, with 50k in Arkansas they could buy a fixer like Josh's house or a small starter home like Dan Dillard. Is Jim Bob greedy or just wants control? I say he loves the control. I'll lend you a house, and you follow my program and save and buy a house for cash and also follow all my other seminars and ideas and make 19 more families just like ours.

I thought by law they have to do that. I remember big scandels from 15 or 20 years ago with kids like Different Strokes kids and other kids whose parents blew all their money. Jeez. That's weird that there is no protection of the finances for the kids put in place in that type of situation.

This is so great. A gay reporter exposed the Duggars. This Is getting better and better

Gotta love the irony!

12458232_f520.jpg

Let those young men get a taste for what children really cost without all the freebies and easy money.

Those boys did not grow up with nothing. I also doubt the girls want to go back to the pre- TLC lifestyle.

What is interesting is that JB and M seemed so much more tenacious and motivated as young adults, vs their own kids. I laughed when JB described Josh's nursery being a crib and some diapers, vs Izzy's...or when Michelle spoke about her first home vs where Jill is living.

Why did the parents raise the kids to be less able to survive and compete? Is it really all about control?

To me, it's the sign of an immature, young cult. The control is firmly implanted and necessary to embrace such an absurd lifestyle. But very few kids seem to reach adulthood with any real skills. Gothardism strongly discourages higher education, except places like Patrick Henry or Clown College, which continue to exercise that strong control over thoughts and behaviors.

I've read that some encourage these patriarchs to consider a 200 year plan, plotting out their familial line and potential political influence. But I don't think Gothard planned this all out as well as he thought he did. The indoctrination is strong, but this next generation seems ill-equipped to deal with even basic decision making, and a lot of other survivor stories on Patheos discuss that same problem.

It's amazing to me how they rewired their brains to continue to accept Gothardism and his decrees even after those rules so clearly failed their family. They had to actively deflect critical thought and continue to embrace his edicts.

Maybe when they gave up control to Gothard/God, they just also threw in all critical thinking capacities and sacrificed their daughters as well. It's hard to discern any logic to their thought process.

Are we 100% sure that Derek still has his job? I read somewhere that the upcoming season was already filmed and that one of the episodes filmed was the announcement that the Dillards were going to Nepal on a mission (JB was said to have turned white with shock.) That sounds like to me that he may have already turned in his notice.

Which makes me wonder if WalMart would have continued to give him as much time off as he wanted so that he could film the show now that the Duggar Family brand is tainted. Have Derek work for them is not quite the cachet as it was 6 months ago. I don't think they would fire him but if he has asked for 3 months off so he can go on a mission they might reconsider holding his job.

It seems to me that Derek's real job is to get free advertising for Wal-Mart. Without his ability to do that, he's not worth much to them. He may keep his job if he's actually qualified for it but without a TV show he's certainly not going to continue to get all that time off. It's going to be a 40 hour work week and two weeks vacation. For something like an extended mission trip, he could probably take a leave of absence, but there's no paycheck during that time and you have to pay the full amount of the health insurance premium. Can they afford that without the money from the show?

Health insurance for a Wal-Mart associate? He probably just working for an employee discount card and Sam's club card.

Health insurance for a Wal-Mart associate? He probably just working for an employee discount card and Sam's club card.

You do know he works at the corporate office right?

You do know he works at the corporate office right?

Often times, associates have better HC coverage than corporate office workers.

WM is not known industry wide as a generous employer, even at the corporate level.

My hubs works corporate for WMs #1 competitor, and they often get people from WM, even at the corporate level.

Often times, associates have better HC coverage than corporate office workers.

WM is not known industry wide as a generous employer, even at the corporate level.

My hubs works corporate for WMs #1 competitor, and they often get people from WM, even at the corporate level.

Sometimes, sometimes not. WM is actually competitive in insurance at their corporate office. The previous poster however basically implied he was working at a store. Because I think some people don't get the difference.

I am sure there is a ton of sharing between WM and Target. For a lot of different reasons. That doesn't surprise me in any way

It seems to me that Derek's real job is to get free advertising for Wal-Mart. Without his ability to do that, he's not worth much to them. He may keep his job if he's actually qualified for it but without a TV show he's certainly not going to continue to get all that time off. It's going to be a 40 hour work week and two weeks vacation. For something like an extended mission trip, he could probably take a leave of absence, but there's no paycheck during that time and you have to pay the full amount of the health insurance premium. Can they afford that without the money from the show?

Derick is a relatively new employee as well. I do think his employer has cut him a certain amount of slack due to being part of the tv show. I also wonder if Jill is one of those spouses who feels the need to call or text her partner all the time at work. Kind of seems like she might. That is not looked upon favorably by any employer. Either Derick is going to find himself on the slow track for any promotions, or his wife will be so needy he'll decide it might be better to be self-employed.

He won't.

Derick's Linkdin,, posted here, did not say he was a CPA. If he sits for that exam he can earn a very good living. Ben on the other hand, with an associates degree in political science is not really qualifed for many jobs. I guess he still works for JB. That is all so strange.

Derick's Linkdin,, posted here, did not say he was a CPA. If he sits for that exam he can earn a very good living. Ben on the other hand, with an associates degree in political science is not really qualifed for many jobs. I guess he still works for JB. That is all so strange.

Don't CPAs normally have to have a certain number of years experience though? I'm glancing at Arkansas' CPA requirements and I don't think he has education hours yet either if I'm looking at the right thing on the Oklahoma State University website. I know next to nothing about accounting education and all that jazz either so I could be wrong.

I really wish that the media would have made more of a point of calling Jessa out on the wisdom of marrying an unemployed teenager. If any other person on a reality show had done something like that, we'd never hear the end of it, but when a Duggar decided to get engaged/married to a teenager, we're all supposed to go "aww." :wtf: :pull-hair: At least, that was how it was pre-Joshgate.

Don't CPAs normally have to have a certain number of years experience though? I'm glancing at Arkansas' CPA requirements and I don't think he has education hours yet either if I'm looking at the right thing on the Oklahoma State University website. I know next to nothing about accounting education and all that jazz either so I could be wrong.

You have to work a certain number of hours as an accountant with an "approved" employer, do some continuing/extra education hours, and then write an exam. It usually takes around two years, from what I've been told. Derick has what, one year's experience?

I really wish that the media would have made more of a point of calling Jessa out on the wisdom of marrying an unemployed teenager. If any other person on a reality show had done something like that, we'd never hear the end of it, but when a Duggar decided to get engaged/married to a teenager, we're all supposed to go "aww." :wtf: :pull-hair: At least, that was how it was pre-Joshgate.

Why not add on to that get pregnant so they need to support a family.

You have to work a certain number of hours as an accountant with an "approved" employer, do some continuing/extra education hours, and then write an exam. It usually takes around two years, from what I've been told. Derick has what, one year's experience?

Yup. He started in Feb 2014. I wonder if he'll ever take it.

Yup. He started in Feb 2014. I wonder if he'll ever take it.

Might want to get on that now....

Jill might want to look in to midwifery again too....

I appreciate you asking. And I do have evidence and two German nationals who were raised and educated there until the early 90s. It may depend in part on the type of school you attended and, if you are/were a German citizen, the type of school you test into. They are adamant as is a 3rd individual who lived in Augsberg for more than 8 years, that locals still claim the holocaust was propaganda and a media campaign to make Germany look like the cause of the war.

Which they largely were. But to discuss the holocaust with that mindset - actually to introduce the facts of the holocaust to them - resulted in them vehemently calling me and others liars. Until they were faced with so much evidence of fact that they couldn't deny it. That left them feeling - to this day - that they were only taught what they were allowed to learn.

Exactly like the Duggars.

Well, I don't know if a sample of three people is a valid basis to make such a general claim, but anyhow...

To the bolded: This is what I really don't see. I don't want to discredit your experience, but, in general, as somebody else already said, people believe stupid stuff like this despite the facts and not because of them. Especially Holocaust deniers do that. Do you really think someone like PP would change his mind on this subject, if being exposed to the facts? He is exposed to the facts, but he choses to twist or ignore them. It's the same with creationists, they often use the same facts to back up their position that the evolutionists use.

I can see that way of thinking, at least to some extent, also with fundamentalists. They cherry pick the facts, ignore or deny others, and twist the rest to fit their framework of interpretation. And, adhering to an opinion that is not popular or belongs to a minority makes it so much easier to cry "persecution" or "agenda", when someone calls you out on your bullshit...

For the best outcome, one usually gets a Masters in Accounting and Financial Management, or the like, then sits for the test. Alternatively, Derrick could obtain intern hours (easily obtained at Walmart headquartes), take the mandatory CPA-exam guide/study courses (which are normally included in an financial MA program), and then proceed to take the exam. He is in for an inordinate amount of studying; I can only hope Jill grows a pair so as to let him get to it. With the CPA under his name, he can easily start his own business, which would draw a large number of clients, imo. He stands to make a killing, comparatively, if he takes this route.

But what would poor Jill do with herself, all alone, all day, with just the baby/babies? My instinct is that she seems incredibly too naive and needy, however perpahs Derrick can do much of his work at home. :violin:

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any comment from anyone even remotely connected to Walmart Corporate than can comment on Derick's employment there.

I can't see them employing him solely on the grounds on "advertising". He plugs them occasionally on Instagram and it's mentioned in the show a few times, other than that, there isn't much more exposure.

The filming with him included must be done outside of his work hours, or else he's damn good and they gave him some serious flex-time.

"Accountant" in a corporation like this could be anything from an accounts payable/receivable clerk processing invoices 8 hours a day to someone who balances the general ledger. There are also "tax" and "cost" accountants. We don't really know his role, do we? My dad was an accountant and I have a few friends that are as well. They all worked a massive amount of hours at "end of month" and "end of quarter" and could never take any time of when that was going on.

Archived