IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

I don't know why any other network would touch the Duggars. Who wants to be known as the network with that show with the child molester? If people use 'child molester' and the network's name in the same sentence often enough, that association will become second nature.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the molestation issue is far more interesting (unfortunately) than anything we've seen on that show for years, if ever. What could they possibly come up with to distract the public from it - more babies/dentists/suitcases? Likewise, I don't believe a spin-off with the older daughters and their spouses would hold the public's interest for long...even if they can get enough advertisers.

Too bad she didn't kneel more often.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :u-rock:

Breaks into song "every sperm is sacred,..."

I think the two of you officially win the internet for today. :winner3:

Not sure if it's fake or not but there's a Facebook page for an upcoming TLC show called 2 Brides and Their Grooms. It has pictures of Jill&Derick and Ben&Jessa and the description says the show will be about them.

http://i.imgur.com/yprpamC.jpg

Not sure if it's fake or not but there's a Facebook page for an upcoming TLC show called 2 Brides and Their Grooms. It has pictures of Jill&Derick and Ben&Jessa and the description says the show will be about them.

quick search got me this: www.people.com/article/19-kids-counting ... _peoplemag

Couldn't they have picked a better name for the show than that? The name alone screams boring to me. But it might be fake. I don't think TLC would do something like that this quickly.

I think it is fake. You can quote me on that. :cracking-up:

It should be fake. Sounds like it would last about as long as The Brady Brides.

If it is real and TLC brings back Jessa and Jill in their own show and calls it "2 Brides and their Grooms" will people shorten the title and start calling it "2 B's and their G's"?

Couldn't they have picked a better name for the show than that? The name alone screams boring to me. But it might be fake. I don't think TLC would do something like that this quickly.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was true... But I do think it's way to soon. Also the name is horrible but it's easy to change as more sisters get married. Just change the number like they did with 19 Kids.

I have been poking around looking for information on JB Duggar in his HS years.

I know he attended and was in the first graduating class of Shiloh Christian HS. Wiki lists JB as a notable alumnus.

The school's website has highlighted many former, accomplished alumni, but JB is not among those noted. Was he ever???

We know that JB was more of a mom's boy and had disdain for his father.

Do we know anything about what JB did during his HS years? Sports, clubs, friends, jobs, girl friends? Anything beyond his love for the Lord?

I know he attended and was in the first graduating class of Shiloh Christian HS. Wiki lists JB as a notable alumnus.

The school's website has highlighted many former, accomplished alumni, but JB is not among those noted. Was he ever???

Do we know anything about what JB did during his HS years? Sports, clubs, friends, jobs, girl friends? Anything beyond his love for the Lord?

All I've heard about is Michelle's many many sins... haven't been able to find out anything about JB's early life. I am curious to hear if anyone else knows anything!

It wouldn't surprise me if it was true... But I do think it's way to soon. Also the name is horrible but it's easy to change as more sisters get married. Just change the number like they did with 19 Kids.

They maybe could have, but the name they picked sounds like they're hoping for Josiah and Marjorie's courtship to move along quickly...

They maybe could have, but the name they picked sounds like they're hoping for Josiah and Marjorie's courtship to move along quickly...

Poor Marjorie. She's the real victim here. You know that over-eager girl was looking forward to being on TV.

All I've heard about is Michelle's many many sins... haven't been able to find out anything about JB's early life. I am curious to hear if anyone else knows anything!

I'm just shocked that not everyone and their brother that knew Jim Bob and Michelle back in the day aren't lining up to give interviews to the tabloids. It happens with every other celebrity scandal, right?

Somebody's got to know something interesting, and even if TLC was able to keep it quiet for years, they probably can't now! :stir-pot:

It wouldn't surprise me if Jim Bob and Michele put part of the blame on the girls. I can just imagine.

Michele: What were you doing at the time?

Girl: sleeping

Michele: With covers on or off?

Girl: off

Michele: Was the bedroom door locked?

Girl: no

Michele: There you go, you tempted Josh. You were lying there in your bed with the covers off and the door unlocked. You gave him all reasons to touch you. You tempted him. Why did you do that?

Girl: but mom, it was hot and you said we couldn't run the air conditioner because you want to save money and you said to leave the door unlocked in case you need to get us out in an emergency and since it was night, i was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

Of course that is all speculation, but nonetheless, would not surprise me if they put some blame on them.

On a side note, I'd be willing to rescue Jana and Jinger from that house.

I personally could not imagine those girls having to live all those years with Josh after what he did.

I'm surprised Jessa and Jill's husbands haven't given Josh the beating of his life yet. I certainly would have.

After watching another show about a large family, I realize how robotic and unhappy the Duggar kids behave. The smaller ones act like caged wild animals. Isolation is cruelty.

I've been wondering/suspecting that Boob's friendship with Jim Holt goes back to high school. They both went to Shiloh Christian and are the same age. On the first special one of them told an anecdote about plans to sell books in Kansas or something...I don't remember exactly. I think I saw that in the 14 Kids and Pregnant Again segment that featured the Holts. Somebody linked it in one of the Josh threads here in the last few days.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jim Bob and Michele put part of the blame on the girls. I can just imagine.

Michele: What were you doing at the time?

Girl: sleeping

Michele: With covers on or off?

Girl: off

Michele: Was the bedroom door locked?

Girl: no

Michele: There you go, you tempted Josh. You were lying there in your bed with the covers off and the door unlocked. You gave him all reasons to touch you. You tempted him. Why did you do that?

Girl: but mom, it was hot and you said we couldn't run the air conditioner because you want to save money and you said to leave the door unlocked in case you need to get us out in an emergency and since it was night, i was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

Of course that is all speculation, but nonetheless, would not surprise me if they put some blame on them.

On a side note, I'd be willing to rescue Jana and Jinger from that house.

I personally could not imagine those girls having to live all those years with Josh after what he did.

I'm surprised Jessa and Jill's husbands haven't given Josh the beating of his life yet. I certainly would have.

I don't think JB would have allowed guys that wanted to beat ol Joshie to marry his daughters. I'm guessing this was explained to them in a water under the bridge, Christians forgive type way.

Josh and Anna have stayed with Jill. He designed crappy invites for both weddings. He was "MC" at both receptions. My guess is that that they disassociate this nice Christian guy they know from the teenage molester. And yes, I realize without assessment proper treatment, he could still do it, but they don't.

BTW, it would POOR FORM for Ben to beat up the guy after Ben's daddy wrote a really really long blog post about how Josh should be forgiven. Conversely, I don't think as much as Michael Seewald loves the attention, would have written a defense of Josh if Ben's headspace wasn't there also.

I don't think JB would have allowed guys that wanted to beat ol Joshie to marry his daughters. I'm guessing this was explained to them in a water under the bridge, Christians forgive type way.

Josh and Anna have stayed with Jill. He designed crappy invites for both weddings. He was "MC" at both receptions. My guess is that that they disassociate this nice Christian guy they know from the teenage molester. And yes, I realize without assessment proper treatment, he could still do it, but they don't.

BTW, it would POOR FORM for Ben to beat up the guy after Ben's daddy wrote a really really long blog post about how Josh should be forgiven. Conversely, I don't think as much as Michael Seewald loves the attention, would have written a defense of Josh if Ben's headspace wasn't there also.

Wait, Josh designed the wedding invites?! That seems odd... given their love of gender stereotyping, you'd think artistic/design/wedding planning things would be clearly in the list of female-appropriate activities.

Wait, Josh designed the wedding invites?! That seems odd... given their love of gender stereotyping, you'd think artistic/design/wedding planning things would be clearly in the list of female-appropriate activities.

Yup. He totally did. It's manly when they call it "graphic design" so it's OK for him to do it. 19KAC showed him at computer designing Jessa's I believe-- while he was doing it, the Mkids were doing their own crafts at the desk with Anna.

It was discussed in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25338&hilit=invitations+candidate#p892462

The consensus was they looked more like advertising flyers or political candidate mailers.

The Duggars have raised their family for 25+ years with Revisionist History. They interpreted what history they would teach their children at homeschool. JB's word was 2nd to God's and they interpreted the Bible and reinforced it selectively to suit their beliefs. They've been isolated for a long time and "fact" was whatever JB and M said it was. It's like Germany after WW2 when they were still teaching in the 1980s that the Holocaust was propaganda and the killing of Jews never happened.

For a whole lot of years, JB's word was law and was not to be challenged by his obedient kids and devotees. As they became more popular in the media, the media offered ironclad proof of problems in the household. But you notice how JB and M still insist their interpretation of the events is actual and factual? They decide what laws apply and what punishments are put into place. Because they only answer to God.

Now people all over the world see how things work inside one of these male-dominated religious mega family compounds. JB is the "headship" of the family. If something were to happen to him, who would be the new male leader of the family? Yep... The oldest son, Josh the pervert. But they hold him in such high regard that they can't find fault with his morals and upbringing. He's the oldest son, the leader of his own Quiverfull family and a role model to all 18 younger children and to the world. He was so revered that he became the leader of the Family Research Council and he spoke about how God would condemn all sorts of people for their actions, beliefs and lifestyles. But you notice how JB & M have never said God would condemn Josh? Nope... Their God forgave Josh a long time ago because he made amends with God and all is good now.

The fact that this sort of brain-washing is still happening in the world is shocking. It's out of place in the Information Age - especially when you see so many of the older Duggar kids carrying smart phones and tweeting selfies. But they still don't question Dad's word and apparently they don't use their phones to research the laws that people claim have been violated in their camp. They don't need to: Because Mom, Dad and their oldest Brother will tell them what is right and wrong in the world. In short, they are right and anyone mocking them or finding fault with their ways is wrong.

They are the center of the world as far as they're concerned. Everything revolves around them and their God (according to their interpretation of Him). No amount of facts or web comments by the gazillion is going to sway their thinking. In fact, if you don't believe them, you must be part of the rabid, homosexual, liberal conspiracy against them - the one that relies on bribes and must have violated their rights and probably many laws to smear the Duggar's good name. It's easier to believe that (for them) than to believe the documented truth.

Archived