IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

Michelle, Jim Bob, Josh, Josie, and maybe Jana or Jill (who would be saved purely for their skills as maid/nanny/slave) would get into a lifeboat. The rest of the family would fend for themselves.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Praying a daily hedge around his children.

I'd pay to see that.

My parents pray that way and it's just words, not something particularly interesting to see. It definitely fed into my OCD as a kid though and I thought I had to constantly pray a certain way to keep everyone in my family safe. (I remember praying a hedge of protection around my cat, for example. :lol: )

I was talking about this whole situation with my parents. They did say that Josh, back when he was running his car lot, was extremely helpful when my mom's friend's family was in a lot of trouble and they credit the Duggars with saving that family and getting them back on their feet. It's not something the Duggars have ever publicized either, so they're capable of doing good things in private.

Anyway, though, I was talking about how uncomfortable I was around Jim Bob when I was younger and how I never said anything then, but years later I talked to some girls who had felt the exact same way. My mom said she wasn't surprised, since even some of the Duggars' good friends said they didn't feel comfortable having their daughters around Jim Bob.

I am absolutely not accusing Jim Bob of anything; I think it's mostly that fake-feeling politician aura that makes people uncomfortable, but it was good to hear that I was not the only one who felt that way.

All the Duggars going down with the ship references just make me think of "White Flag" by Dido. I would quote the lines "I will go down with this ship / And I won't put my hands up and surrender" in regards to their interview question approach... but then I remember they wouldn't get even an outdated pop culture reference.

But seriously, thanks for all the hilarious Duggars on a boat imagery. Made me laugh really hard!

Wasn't it Meechelle who said about Jill and Izzy's birth that she rarely told Jill she was proud of her??? Does someone remember exactly what M. said?

I found the quote here viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25642&p=918925#p918925

"Jill was amazing," Michelle says. "I don't normally use the word 'proud,' but as a parent watching her, I was proud, and she did an amazing job. She is a trouper, that girl. We are so grateful this little man arrived safe and healthy."

Michelle is an idiot. Praising one's children isn't commiting the sin of pride. Some people might argue the Duggars are commiting the sin of pride in the way they've handled this scandal. :naughty:

I found the quote here viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25642&p=918925#p918925

Michelle is an idiot. Praising one's children isn't commiting the sin of pride. Some people might argue the Duggars are commiting the sin of pride in the way they've handled this scandal. :naughty:

It figures that the only activity that would cause Michelle to proud of one of her kids would be getting pregnant and/or giving birth. :roll:

Michelle and Boob are pieces of shit. I wanted to SMACK HER when she talked about how she doesn't like to use the word "proud..." but BETTER YET, that the ONE time it is acceptable to use it was when Jill put her womb to good use.

Of course, Michelle could never be proud of Jill when she, say, raised a dozen kids that weren't her own, or fed 20 people every night. Not when she was about 12 years old already carrying around the babies Michelle didn't have time for. Or when she seemed smart and motivated in a household that surely did NOTHING to stimulate her mind. Nope, having unprotected sex and managing to produce a baby is the only thing your own mother will ever be proud of you for.

Jill seems to desperately need the approval of her parents, and it is very sad, IMO. They were given an ultra-sensitive, eager daughter, and children like that need to be told they are loved for who they are and that you are proud of them. Sometimes they feel like they are never worthy and hold themselves to impossible standards. Instead, Boob and Jchelle thanked Jesus that they hit the jackpot and got a kid that was such a pushover that she would actually WANT to do all the work for them. (and then, after that, God probably punished them with Jessa...)

Every time I hear the older girls talk about how great their mom is, I want to (kindly) smack some good sense into them SO BAD. Stop thanking her! She should be thanking them every single day! Has Michelle EVER acknowledged that she quite literally could have NEVER kept 19 kids clothed, fed, homeschooled, hell, ALIVE, without Jana and Jill?

Well, well, well...looks like we get to see this play out in a way. Will Josh make it into a life boat or are they gonna let him go down with the ship?

Really?? "The Duggars on the Titanic"??

I wouldn't have expected there to have to be an official RULES for the most rudimentary of human decency. FJ shouldn't have to need a rule for every single thing that some one of the hundreds of FJ posters could possible think of.

You do realize that - besides being a really stupid analogy - a large percentage of Titanic travelers died? Not just an occasional "bad" person? If this analogy actually applied (and it doesn't) - it would in effect be wishing death on most, if not all of the family.

(Like a number of other recent posts in this sub-forum) This analogy passes the bounds of decency.

I don't think the helpmeets should be expected to monitor and make rules about all of this crap. Everyone who is on this forum attested that they are adults. It would be good if everyone acted that way.

Really?? "The Duggars on the Titanic"??

I wouldn't have expected there to have to be an official RULES for the most rudimentary of human decency. FJ shouldn't have to need a rule for every single thing that some one of the hundreds of FJ posters could possible think of.

You do realize that - besides being a really stupid analogy - a large percentage of Titanic travelers died? Not just an occasional "bad" person? If this analogy actually applied (and it doesn't) - it would in effect be wishing death on most, if not all of the family.

(Like a number of other recent posts in this sub-forum) This analogy passes the bounds of decency.

I don't think the helpmeets should be expected to monitor and make rules about all of this crap. Everyone who is on this forum attested that they are adults. It would be good if everyone acted that way.

I'm not sure why the Duggars on the Titanic got merged with this thread, but it was in existence prior to the whole Josh issue. While it is strange to have a discussion about what a family would do in different historical situations I hardly think its the same as wishing death upon them.

From the Megyn Kelly interview:

J'Chelle in her breathy, baby voice "One thing I know for SURE, God will use this for GOOD."

So annoying.

Q: What is blanket training?

A: Starting when her children are toddlers, Michelle teaches them to play quietly with a single toy for short periods of time, often while sitting on a blanket. Blanket training teaches small children to exercise self-control in any situation (with or without a blanket). As the kids grow older, Michelle begins training them to sit quietly without a toy. Click here to read more about the process Michelle uses to teach her 19 kids to be "quiet and still."

We see how well that worked out.

Praying a daily hedge around his children.

I'd pay to see that.

At this point, I think the kids need to pray to put a hedge between them and their father. :music-tool: :disgust:

According to the Duggar official Blog, the entire family was scheduled to appear at the Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the Family, presented by Christian Home Educators of Colorado, on June 19 and 20. Michelle was scheduled to host two workshops and Jim Bob was scheduled to host one workshop. The entire family with all the kids were to perform music at a big event on Saturday night, with Jim Bob and Michelle delivering a speech.

Now, the Conference Board of Directors has issued this statement: "Given the recent events in their lives, Jim Bob and Michelle asked that Friday evening be the only time that they speak at the 2015 conference. They also decided that it would be best for their children not to attend."

chec.org/a-note-from-the-chec-board-on-the-duggars

The only other family appearance scheduled on the Duggar Blog was for the Alive Christian Music Festival in Ohio on June 20. The three married children and their spouses were scheduled: Josh and Anna, Jill and Derick and Jessa and Ben. Radar Online reports that Josh and Anna will not be attending as scheduled. The three couples were to present a Q&A session. I guess Josh and Anna didn't feel like answering questions right now.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/j ... c-festival

Oh well, I guess Josh will be free to babysit all those little sisters since Ma and Pa Duggar will be in Colorado at the other conference without the kids. :doh:

According to the Duggar official Blog, the entire family was scheduled to appear at the Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the Family, presented by Christian Home Educators of Colorado, on June 19 and 20. Michelle was scheduled to host two workshops and Jim Bob was scheduled to host one workshop. The entire family with all the kids were to perform music at a big event on Saturday night, with Jim Bob and Michelle delivering a speech.

Now, the Conference Board of Directors has issued this statement: "Given the recent events in their lives, Jim Bob and Michelle asked that Friday evening be the only time that they speak at the 2015 conference. They also decided that it would be best for their children not to attend."

http://chec.org/a-note-from-the-chec-bo ... he-duggars

The only other family appearance scheduled on the Duggar Blog was for the Alive Christian Music Festival in Ohio on June 20. The three married children and their spouses were scheduled: Josh and Anna, Jill and Derick and Jessa and Ben. Radar Online reports that Josh and Anna will not be attending as scheduled. The three couples were to present a Q&A session. I guess Josh and Anna didn't feel like answering questions right now.

Oh well, I guess Josh will be free to babysit all those little sisters since Ma and Pa Duggar will be in Colorado at the other conference without the kids. :doh:

My question is why are JB and Michelle speaking at all at the Colorado conference? You'd think that turning a blind eye to your oldest son molesting your daughters would pretty much preclude you from giving advice to others about how to raise a "godly" family... :doh: :pull-hair: :wtf:

My question is why are JB and Michelle speaking at all at the Colorado conference? You'd think that turning a blind eye to your oldest son molesting your daughters would pretty much preclude you from giving advice to others about how to raise a "godly" family... :doh: :pull-hair: :wtf:

Because they are arrogant and live in Fantasyland.

Because they are arrogant and live in Fantasyland.

If it doesn't get cancelled I wonder if they will have a no electronics policy like they did at the wedding.

I am also wondering if the family is going through social media withdrawal. No bashing Catholics, gays or telling us how speshul they are because they love one another?

I love the phrasing: "Given the recent events in their lives." Because only the exposure matters, not the repeated violation of their daughters. :evil-eye:

Edited to fix quotes.

From the Megyn Kelly interview:

J'Chelle in her breathy, baby voice "One thing I know for SURE, God will use this for GOOD."

So annoying.

Yes he will he is showing what blind faith causes and to stop being a fundy.

I wonder how soon Jill and Derick are leaving for Nepal? He has quit his job already so that would leave me to believe that they must be going soon. Maybe they are sticking around for the Alive festival (which is 11 days away) because it is a paycheck?

They are doing it for the money and to try to salvage their speaking career and their TLC show. All of their other speaking engagements, including at churches, were cancelled by their sponsors. This is the only place that will allow them to speak (probably because of a contract).

According to Celebrity Talent, Jim Bob commands a minimum fee of $7,500 to $14,999 for domestic engagements and $15,000 to $24,999 for international gigs. The Celebrity Speakers Bureau says the fee for Jim Bob and Michelle ranges between $10,000 and $20,000.

http://www.celebritytalent.net/sampleta ... ob-duggar/

http://www.celebrityspeakersbureau.com/ ... le-duggar/

I wonder how soon Jill and Derick are leaving for Nepal? He has quit his job already so that would leave me to believe that they must be going soon. Maybe they are sticking around for the Alive festival (which is 11 days away) because it is a paycheck?

Did I miss the confirmation that their plan is to go to Nepal??

I'm wondering how Bill Gothard is spinning their downfall. I'm sure prior to GropeGate the Duggars were held up as a shining example of how if you follow all of Gothard's rules God will shower you with blessings: healthy, non-rebellious children, plenty of money, and even international fame for being Godly people.

And now? Did this happen because Satan controls the media? Or is God punishing them for se other "sin in the camp"? I hope JB is not blaming one of the kids. I know it seems obvious that he should blame Josh--as well as himself-- but I bet he doesn't.

http://chec.org/a-note-from-the-chec-bo ... he-duggars

It's okay you guys! Keynote speakers and sometime FJ favorites Kevin Swanson and RC Sproul Jr have generously agreed to fill the void. :dance:

I'm wondering how Bill Gothard is spinning their downfall. I'm sure prior to GropeGate the Duggars were held up as a shining example of how if you follow all of Gothard's rules God will shower you with blessings: healthy, non-rebellious children, plenty of money, and even international fame for being Godly people.

And now? Did this happen because Satan controls the media? Or is God punishing them for se other "sin in the camp"? I hope JB is not blaming one of the kids. I know it seems obvious that he should blame Josh--as well as himself-- but I bet he doesn't.

Maybe they think it is all the Illuminati's fault. I wouldn't be surprised if they did turn on Josh, outwardly they are trying to protect one of their own but inwardly Michelle and JB could be harboring some resentment.

Since when did he quit his job?

Archived