IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

If 2Bs is true, it's interestingly positioned after those two brides were the only victims with interviews.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If 2Bs is true, it's interestingly positioned after those two brides were the only victims with interviews.

Probably because they are shilling for a spin-off. I'm sure it's a marketing ploy. Every move the Duggars make is coordinated around the $$$

Probably because they are shilling for a spin-off. I'm sure it's a marketing ploy. Every move the Duggars make is coordinated around the $$$

They are the 2 with the carrot dangling in front of them. I'm sure they are both highly motivated to not only keep the money coming in, but take the chance in hopes of making more as the principle cast members of this possible new reality show.

They are the 2 with the carrot dangling in front of them. I'm sure they are both highly motivated to not only keep the money coming in, but take the chance in hopes of making more as the principle cast members of this possible new reality show.

Exactly! Heaven forbid if Ben has to get a full-time job!

Jessa and Jill, and their hubbies, are looking at a lifetime of children to care for. With little to no real education. (some for the boys, but I don't think either is about to become a high earning doctor or lawyer in the short term. or long term.) And clearly, Jill is a fertile myrtle. I think they are looking at the long run, seeing lots and lots of mouths to feed, and the tv show is their only known $$ resource. The girls have so little control: can't say no to sex, can't use birth control, can't get an upper education, can't have a career. They must be feeling so powerless right now.

Like others said, probably just good marketing for their potential couples spin-off :romance-adore: (barf!)

But my other theory is... Jill and Jessa are the only married girls and consequently are supposed to be under their husbands authority now (I said supposed to be). They can speak as real adults now in Duggarland cause they're married and having sex/babies. I can't imagine that any kids still living in the TTH are seen as capable of having opinions independent of those of Jim Bob and Michelle. Since those kids are still under their parents' authority till marriage, wouldn't the parents speaking mean they are speaking for all the kids, too? And someone please correct me if I'm misinterpreting the pecking order.

Like others said, probably just good marketing for their potential couples spin-off :romance-adore: (barf!)

But my other theory is... Jill and Jessa are the only married girls and consequently are supposed to be under their husbands authority now (I said supposed to be). They can speak as real adults now in Duggarland cause they're married and having sex/babies. I can't imagine that any kids still living in the TTH are seen as capable of having opinions independent of those of Jim Bob and Michelle. Since those kids are still under their parents' authority till marriage, wouldn't the parents speaking mean they are speaking for all the kids, too? And someone please correct me if I'm misinterpreting the pecking order.

Yep.

And using the 2 married girls, JB can default to, "they wanted and decided to do this" and "they are married and no longer under my authority."

When we all know damned well that JB and M coerced those girls into to doing that interview- dangled some sort of currency as a reward, because I do not know that even JB would be so bold as to use fire and brimstone on the girls, at this point.

The two married girls are - well, married. JB doesn't have to worry about further sullying reputations and marriageability with Jill & Jessa. Jana, Jinger, Joy and the lost girls are a different story.

Yep.

And using the 2 married girls, JB can default to, "they wanted and decided to do this" and "they are married and no longer under my authority."

When we all know damned well that JB and M coerced those girls into to doing that interview- dangled some sort of currency as a reward, because I do not know that even JB would be so bold as to use fire and brimstone on the girls, at this point.

I wonder if Jill and Jessa realize how much they could stand to make off of a tell-all interview/memoir. They seem fairly media-savvy after so long on TV, plus with their social media accounts. I'm sure Jim Bob and Michelle understand what any of their kids stand to do and make from an exposé... that's why they're on damage control (in their minds, I'm sure the interview is adequate damage control).

I'm not suggesting the older kids are actively thinking about doing something like a tell-all, but I wonder if it's sort of subconsciously there... unspoken leverage? I hope the victims feel they have some sort of control -- any control -- over their own lives, and this story. Again, they are victims of the report, but then again this report should've come to light (and legal/psychological intervention) long ago.

I caught part of "the Best of Oprah" on Own today. Not sure if it would be the same show broadcast in all markets, but in my area it was a show about twins from Wichita who had been molested by their brothers and father from a very young age. It was a horrific story and at one point Oprah stops to say that they hope that by telling this story (again) that it would encourage others to come forward. I am not aware of Oprah having made any public comments about the Duggar shitshow yet (not that she needs to comment, just that I haven't seen anything) but I wondered about the choice of that particular episode at this time.

2 Brides would be really boring to watch. Why would we watch two newlyweds and their babies? The only interesting thing right now is the scandal. Once that dies down... who cares? :roll:

I'm not suggesting the older kids are actively thinking about doing something like a tell-all, but I wonder if it's sort of subconsciously there... unspoken leverage? I hope the victims feel they have some sort of control -- any control -- over their own lives, and this story. Again, they are victims of the report, but then again this report should've come to light (and legal/psychological intervention) long ago.

It's only a matter of time until one of the kids writes a tell-all. I bet my paycheck on it.

2 Brides would be really boring to watch. Why would we watch two newlyweds and their babies? The only interesting thing right now is the scandal. Once that dies down... who cares? :roll:

These folks are so brainwashed that they think people would watch that show because they are the offspring of hyper fertile Michelle Duggar. They just have no idea of how the world outside of Duggarville operates.

The average family in the US as 2 kids and a job or 2-

They are nothing unique without their 17 counterparts.

41.media.tumblr.com/4f12c555ec8a7dd8429f750b2620a0d4/tumblr_nfo71tBcX11rdhhmko1_1280.jpg

has anybody seen this? (do I have to break links if it's to a Tumblr image? dunno, better do it)

I was explaining to my parents about the Duggars.

My mum is super Catholic but these were her reactions.

Miss Corruption (me): "They have 19 kids and the 19th one nearly died and they STILL wanted more; 20th being a stillborn.

Mrs Corruption (mum): "That's really selfish of the parents"

Mr Corruption (dad): "Why did they not realize they have more than enough Children and HOW do they care for them all?"

Miss Corruption: "They hand them off to the eldest sisters after 6 months and keep having sex to create the new one."

Mrs Corruption: "They do not have any right to be called parents."

Miss Corruption: "Did I mention they say it's their religion?"

Mrs Corruption: "That is NOT religion. It's a cult."

*Shows them a picture of the family*

Mr Corruption: "They all look like backward hicks to me! The father looks creepy!"

*Points out Josh*

Mrs Corruption: "What a creepy looking bastard. He should be in jail."

My parents have never heard of the Duggars and they are against bc / abortion (they chose the rhythm method) but even THEY can work out this family is shit.

I was explaining to my parents about the Duggars.

My mum is super Catholic but these were her reactions.

Miss Corruption (me): "They have 19 kids and the 19th one nearly died and they STILL wanted more; 20th being a stillborn.

Mrs Corruption (mum): "That's really selfish of the parents"

Mr Corruption (dad): "Why did they not realize they have more than enough Children and HOW do they care for them all?"

Miss Corruption: "They hand them off to the eldest sisters after 6 months and keep having sex to create the new one."

Mrs Corruption: "They do not have any right to be called parents."

Miss Corruption: "Did I mention they say it's their religion?"

Mrs Corruption: "That is NOT religion. It's a cult."

*Shows them a picture of the family*

Mr Corruption: "They all look like backward hicks to me! The father looks creepy!"

*Points out Josh*

Mrs Corruption: "What a creepy looking bastard. He should be in jail."

My parents have never heard of the Duggars and they are against bc / abortion (they chose the rhythm method) but even THEY can work out this family is shit.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Newbie here, hoping not to screw up or ruffle feathers!

I've been wondering what the future holds if Jim Bob and Michelle don't have a show. I think that a lot of people who once watched may feel some combination of "These guys aren't really great, admirable people raising a big, nice, religious family; they're kinda creepy!" and "Nothing happens . . . it's boring. There are only so many times you can get all excited about somebody in the clan having a baby or getting married."

I suspect that until very recently the Duggars expected for the show to go on forever, what with all of the kids to get married and all of them to have babies. If the show goes on with the young brides as the center, well, it would be kind of difficult to exclude dear ol' Josh, Michelle, and Jim Bob, but I think they're all going to repel most sensible viewers from here on, even those who once enjoyed seeing them. (Though really, did anybody watch to see Chubby and his Ma and Pa? Or was it the younger family members who interested viewers?)

Does anyone, including anyone at TLC, want to pay money to those three so they can perform in the brides' show? I doubt it. And the brides aren't THAT interesting.

So if there's no show, THEN what? The show has been the Duggars' source of support for years, and I doubt they foresaw that it might end suddenly. I think the income of the show, rather than his wonderfulness and holiness, has made Jim Bob the Alpha dog in the family, the one who hires people and allows them to court and so on.

I don't think what holds the entire family together is love for Mom and Dad. How much of their love has any one of them really gotten for herself or himself? I think that many of the siblings probably really do love one another, and I think they all have a lot of values in common because the values have been drilled into them by the Alpha Dog and his adoring bitch. But I think money's the glue that holds them together and that KEEPS Jim Bob in the position of Alpha Dog. I think they've been pretty brainwashed, but I don't think religion will hold them together. It actually doesn't seem like the heart of the family, to me. Maybe I'm wrong. But the heart of the family seems to be this: Jim Bob and Michelle have money because of the show, and that (and their unwillingness to educate their children) makes the kids dependent on them and forces them all to hang together and make a kind of god of Jim Bob.

It seems as though Jim Bob provides financially for the whole family in one way or another. Doesn't he employ some of the adult men, and provide in general for the children who are still at home? How many of his children are financially independent of him? Not Josh, anymore, that's for sure . . .

If Jim Bob can't provide for everybody, some of them will have to look for work. Some of them will probably need to leave town (how many unemployed Duggars can find work in one area?)

If Jim Bob's income dwindles considerably, is he going to have the hold over his family that he currently does? Is he going to be Alpha Dog if he can't employ all his sons and sons in law and they have to go out into a wider world where people have more varied opinions? It's not like Jim Bob has got an attractive personality, or that the Duggars are intensely Christian, really. (I know they say they are, but do they ever really talk about Christ? Are they familiar with the New Testament, like most devout Christians are? The Duggars seem like they're following a whole other set of rules, though I could be really wrong about that.

I do believe this is the beginning of the end of the Duggars as that "big, happy Christian family". The façade is starting to crack and I wonder how long it will take for it all to implode. Rumor has it that Derick, Jill and the baby are taking off for Nepal, which I think would be GOOD for them, get out from under JB's thumb and make their own life. Josh is screwed. I honestly don't think his marriage is going to stay intact. I hope Anna's out of the cult siblings will be able to get through to her and offer her help and rescue. The rest of the kids, the bigger kids will probably start scattering...JD has been doing his own thing for awhile now. Jana will stay because of the littles, the middle boys will come to realize they are woefully unprepared for the outside world and since they weren't subjected to the blanket training the older ones were and I'd be surprised if they're as brainwashed as the oldest 6-7 kids. I worry most about the little girls. They're stuck with looneytunes^2 for the next 15 years.

I think JB is just going to totally lose his shit...J'chelle has a tenuous grasp on reality now as it is...this might be enough to push her off the cliff...

I do believe this is the beginning of the end of the Duggars as that "big, happy Christian family". The façade is starting to crack and I wonder how long it will take for it all to implode. Rumor has it that Derick, Jill and the baby are taking off for Nepal, which I think would be GOOD for them, get out from under JB's thumb and make their own life. Josh is screwed. I honestly don't think his marriage is going to stay intact. I hope Anna's out of the cult siblings will be able to get through to her and offer her help and rescue. The rest of the kids, the bigger kids will probably start scattering...JD has been doing his own thing for awhile now. Jana will stay because of the littles, the middle boys will come to realize they are woefully unprepared for the outside world and since they weren't subjected to the blanket training the older ones were and I'd be surprised if they're as brainwashed as the oldest 6-7 kids. I worry most about the little girls. They're stuck with looneytunes^2 for the next 15 years.

I think JB is just going to totally lose his shit...J'chelle has a tenuous grasp on reality now as it is...this might be enough to push her off the cliff...

I wish Jana/Jill could get custody of the littles

I wish Jana/Jill could get custody of the littles

While I think it'd be better for the younger kids to be raised by their sister moms as their biological parents have proven 100% incompetent... I also don't think that the older girls deserve to spend their 20s and 30s raising their siblings, either. Though I do hope if that's what they actually want, and somehow pursued it, that any sane judge would give them custody!

While I think it'd be better for the younger kids to be raised by their sister moms as their biological parents have proven 100% incompetent... I also don't think that the older girls deserve to spend their 20s and 30s raising their siblings, either. Though I do hope if that's what they actually want, and somehow pursued it, that any sane judge would give them custody!

I wonder how that would work. Jana doesn't gave anything. Unless they kick JimChelle out and she raised the kids there. But what about income? Derrick has a career and stability but it's not fair to him or Jill to continue to raise her siblings. Jana doesn't deserve to be a sahd for the next 13 years.

Losing the show is one thing, but losing support in terms of political allies, speaking engagements, etc. is a whole other problem for them. If Jim Bob stays persona non grata, that has got to hit him both in the pocket book and ego. Some people will always support them no matter what but those numbers may dwindle. This situation with Josh has allowed America to look behind the curtain, so to speak, and see what is really going on in the family.

I do not think Jill and Derrick are going anywhere. how would they fund their Nepal adventure now that show is likely done.

eta: that's probably why Jill is boo hooing on the preview for Fridays interview. she knows whats at stake. no show=no advancing her life.

"how could they do this to us." its like when a parent takes away the keys to the teens car for a punishment. the teen doesn't see the cause/effect. they only see "how could YOU do this to ME"

I do not think Jill and Derrick are going anywhere. how would they fund their Nepal adventure now that show is likely done.

eta: that's probably why Jill is boo hooing on the preview for Fridays interview. she knows whats at stake. no show=no advancing her life.

"how could they do this to us." its like when a parent takes away the keys to the teens car for a punishment. the teen doesn't see the cause/effect. they only see "how could YOU do this to ME"

Are you kidding me?? If everyone started blasting your mortifying past experiences around the town let alone the entire friggen country I would bet my life you would be wondering "why are they doing this to me", too. Say what you want about them- but, under no circumstances do I think Jill saying that was anything but an appropriate response given the fact that the entire country is analyzing their every breath!

if she is this broken up about it inside, then she shouldn't have gone on Fox news to do the interview. i believe she is crying for all the OTHER reasons.

Archived