IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

You have to work a certain number of hours as an accountant with an "approved" employer, do some continuing/extra education hours, and then write an exam. It usually takes around two years, from what I've been told. Derick has what, one year's experience?

Regarding CPA Questions:

There are a few requirements. It may differ from state to state, but this is what my Fiance had to do in order to earn his certification in the state of Connecticut.

1. Hold 150 credit hours. 120 of those were for his Bachelor's degree. The extra 30 or so were for a Masters in Accounting. 36 credits must be in Accounting.

2. Work two years under the supervision of a CPA whose certification is active with the state. This can be completed working in public practice, government, or industry settings.

3. Pass all four parts of the CPA Exam. You must hold a Bachelor's Degree in order to sit for the Exam.

4. Pass the AICPA ethics exam.

Arkansas appears to be a bit more lenient:

1. Hold 150 credit hours, including a Bachelor's Degree. 30 upper-level hours in accounting or 20 graduate hours in accounting or a combination of both.

2. Pass all four parts of the CPA Exam. You must complete the education requirements before sitting for the Exam.

3. One year of experience through employment in government, industry, academia or public practice.

4. No ethics exam.

It is a very difficult path to try and accomplish, especially if you're married with children. The Exam itself is particularly difficult. Most people do not pass all four parts on their first try - and you only have 1.5 years from taking and passing the first part to pass the other three. It is not a career path for those who are unmotivated or unwilling to put in a lot of work.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CPA certification sounds rather difficult and time consuming. But the potential is there for more income if he chooses to do this. He has more "potential" earning power than Ben for sure. He did have a 3.5 GPA which is solid, so I guess time will tell. I hope they don't have a slew of children. I basically hope no one else in the world ever does. And there I said it!!!! :)

Well, I'm no longer able to snoop on Jessa and Jill's Instagrams. Either they've deleted their Instagram accounts or deleted a bunch of people off it and are now in private mode. I'm unable to see their accounts regardless. Which, I really don't blame them. A lot of people were writing some really rude stuff on the pictures. But for now it appears to be gone. The Duggars are digging in and locking down tight.

Well, I'm no longer able to snoop on Jessa and Jill's Instagrams. Either they've deleted their Instagram accounts or deleted a bunch of people off it and are now in private mode. I'm unable to see their accounts regardless. Which, I really don't blame them. A lot of people were writing some really rude stuff on the pictures. But for now it appears to be gone. The Duggars are digging in and locking down tight.

I can still see them. Try logging out and just searching for them on google. They're still open to the public.

I can still see them. Try logging out and just searching for them on google. They're still open to the public.

They must have unfollowed a lot of people, but who can blame them.

I've been wondering, on another forum, why Ma and Pa Duggar never took any of the blame for what happened under their roof. Who doesn't take a bullet for their child, especially on national TV? I'd have a little more respect for them if they accepted responsibility for this ugly situation especially since so much of what they believe and how they chose to raise children is at the center of this mess.

It could be just one simple statement- "We were shocked and frightened by this happening in our home. Unfortunately, we did not understand the issues of childhood molestation and made many wrong choices. It is us, not our children, who handled this badly. Please allow our family to heal and pray that forgiveness is what we receive from those we love the most."

What is preventing them from saying something like this? The Duggars are still subtly blaming Josh and their daughters again by not accepting any responsibility themselves. Who does this?!!!

Is this their method for saving any TLC income? Or is it that they can't admit anything publicly because a law suit or criminal charge is on the horizon? Their excuses for keeping Josh in the home are some of the weirdest justifications I've ever heard. It doesn't look like anyone is buying into the Duggar performances on Fox.

I've been wondering, on another forum, why Ma and Pa Duggar never took any of the blame for what happened under their roof. Who doesn't take a bullet for their child, especially on national TV? I'd have a little more respect for them if they accepted responsibility for this ugly situation especially since so much of what they believe and how they chose to raise children is at the center of this mess.

It could be just one simple statement- "We were shocked and frightened by this happening in our home. Unfortunately, we did not understand the issues of childhood molestation and made many wrong choices. It is us, not our children, who handled this badly. Please allow our family to heal and pray that forgiveness is what we receive from those we love the most."

What is preventing them from saying something like this? The Duggars are still subtly blaming Josh and their daughters again by not accepting any responsibility themselves. Who does this?!!!

Is this their method for saving any TLC income? Or is it that they can't admit anything publicly because a law suit or criminal charge is on the horizon? Their excuses for keeping Josh in the home are some of the weirdest justifications I've ever heard. It doesn't look like anyone is buying into the Duggar performances on Fox.

They are taking a bullet for their child....his name is Josh.

Also, if they admit they screwed up how they handle it, what will the girls think?? Mom and dad aren't perfect anymore? what thinking will that stir up?

Also, if they admit they screwed up how they handle it, what will the girls think?? Mom and dad aren't perfect anymore? what thinking will that stir up?

Based on the girls performance on Fox, they would readily and joyously forgive their parents as an example for Christ. Ma Duggar has admitted asking for her children's forgiveness in the past. I think all the girls would nod their heads and quickly move on to the next filming. The more aware children (not Josh or Jill) probably realized long ago not to expect anything substantive from their parents. Might as well sign the form of forgiveness and move on.

Every single sentence the Duggars uttered in the interview was an attempt to cover their asses. It was almost legalese, in a bumbling Duggar way. Either they were trying to impress TLC or there is a dark cloud entering their landscape.

If JimBob admits that he didn't handle the molestation properly, I think in his mind, that would call into question not only his fitness as a parent and "headship," but Gothard's teachings as well.

I also think he is too prideful to admit he was wrong. He's got a fragile ego that has to be constantly propped up by always one-upping any of the young males in his vicinity, by being surrounded by evidence of his fertility, and by having a wife who will gaze at him adoringly (at least on tv) when he spouts off. His ego will not allow him to admit he completely bungled Josh's molestation.

I really wish that the media would have made more of a point of calling Jessa out on the wisdom of marrying an unemployed teenager. If any other person on a reality show had done something like that, we'd never hear the end of it, but when a Duggar decided to get engaged/married to a teenager, we're all supposed to go "aww." :wtf: :pull-hair: At least, that was how it was pre-Joshgate.

Just another indication of the Duggars living in Fantasyland.

And it's all on JB. He holds the girls' hearts and makes the ultimate decision. He OK'd an unemployed teenager to marry his daughter.

Such an odd, odd decision.

"Our parents were good parents."

That depends on your standards, Mrs Dillard. I think most would disagree with that assertion.

"Our parents were good parents."

That depends on your standards, Mrs Dillard. I think most would disagree with that assertion.

The fact that she can say that with a straight face when she and her sister on national television to defend their brother molesting them and their parents' non-reaction to it as not a big deal so as to save their reality show is probably the epitome of how out of touch with anything remotely resembling reality these people actually are. It's almost too sad to even mock.

It does make one wonder what it takes to be considered a bad parent in the Duggar group mind, though.

The fact that she can say that with a straight face when she and her sister on national television to defend their brother molesting them and their parents' non-reaction to it as not a big deal so as to save their reality show is probably the epitome of how out of touch with anything remotely resembling reality these people actually are. It's almost too sad to even mock.

It does make one wonder what it takes to be considered a bad parent in the Duggar group mind, though.

They have so little reference for what real families are like, from all the brainwashing and growing up in a culture where it is totally normal to be beaten and neglected by your parents, its so hard for them to know if their parents are good or bad. They think that all children have to raise siblings at the age of 10, spanked with a rod and have to schedule time with their parents in advance. All of their friends do. They've been told that non fundie kids have it worse, that they are abused and neglected worse by their parents, and are treated horribly, to the point that they think that they get more time with their parents than families with 2 kids do. Poor Duggar kids :( They don't even realise their life is shit, and live in such ignorance. I hope one day they realise how loving parents can be, and I hope their in laws show them some love in a way that their parents never gave them.

To be a bad parent in their culture you would have to do totally normal things like send them to school, be an atheist or at least not a fundie, let your kids watch TV and go dancing.

Beating them is normal, molesting them is apparently something that happens a lot and isn't a big deal...what about murder? Could they defend someone who beat their kid to death? Or maybe if a teenage boy had gotten his 12 year old sister pregnant? Would probably be more sinful if they had made her have an abortion, even more than actual rape? He did say sorry after all and that makes it all okay. Or would punching a child in the face be considered bad...fundies condone so many painful and evil acts to be committed against children that its hard to think of anything other than actually raping or murdering them that would be bad enough.

They have so little reference for what real families are like, from all the brainwashing and growing up in a culture where it is totally normal to be beaten and neglected by your parents, its so hard for them to know if their parents are good or bad. They think that all children have to raise siblings at the age of 10, spanked with a rod and have to schedule time with their parents in advance. All of their friends do. They've been told that non fundie kids have it worse, that they are abused and neglected worse by their parents, and are treated horribly, to the point that they think that they get more time with their parents than families with 2 kids do. Poor Duggar kids :( They don't even realise their life is shit, and live in such ignorance. I hope one day they realise how loving parents can be, and I hope their in laws show them some love in a way that their parents never gave them.

To be a bad parent in their culture you would have to do totally normal things like send them to school, be an atheist or at least not a fundie, let your kids watch TV and go dancing.

Beating them is normal, molesting them is apparently something that happens a lot and isn't a big deal...what about murder? Could they defend someone who beat their kid to death? Or maybe if a teenage boy had gotten his 12 year old sister pregnant? Would probably be more sinful if they had made her have an abortion, even more than actual rape? He did say sorry after all and that makes it all okay. Or would punching a child in the face be considered bad...fundies condone so many painful and evil acts to be committed against children that its hard to think of anything other than actually raping or murdering them that would be bad enough.

If I recall correctly, children have actually died using the methods they praise, so apparently, it's not a deal breaker. And we all know that rape is the female's fault, no matter her age, apparently. An incest baby would be her punishment/God's blessing. (I need a shower after typing that out.)

Is there nothing a fundie could do to their kids that would make other fundies judge them, except for treat them like people? :(

Not sure if the Duggars go along with Michael Pearl's teachings but if they do...then I also have to wonder what would even be considered 'bad' parenting to these people.

Not sure if the Duggars go along with Michael Pearl's teachings but if they do...then I also have to wonder what would even be considered 'bad' parenting to these people.

I think it's fairly clear that the Duggars blanket trained. And at one point, Clown Car (I think it was) said Janna had been "spirited.' Obviously, they trained that right out of her.

Well, clearly giving birth (not raising!) a passel of deliberately uneducated and willfully ignorant humans who have no discernible means of providing financially for themselves and the children that they are expected to produce and giving them absolutely no choice in the matter makes you the Mother of the Year in these circles, so, yeah.

I really hope TLC drops this family for good. It would be good for some of them to have to get jobs where they deal with people who live in the real world and see that it's not such a scary place and not everyone grows up with a child molester in their home. Can you imagine?

However, I fear Josh will soon be shipped off with his family to mission "villages" where Jim Bob can say Gracias to everyone regardless of their native tongue. I just don't see them as becoming destitute. Their fundie community will employ them and house many of them if necessary.

I do wonder how long Jill and Derrick will be allowed to stay in the big house if Josh returns there with his larger family. Jim Bob will probably suggest they move as a service to God and a show of true forgiveness. That's how sick they are...it wouldn't surprise me.

I really hope TLC drops this family for good. It would be good for some of them to have to get jobs where they deal with people who live in the real world and see that it's not such a scary place and not everyone grows up with a child molester in their home. Can you imagine?

However, I fear Josh will soon be shipped off with his family to mission "villages" where Jim Bob can say Gracias to everyone regardless of their native tongue. I just don't see them as becoming destitute. Their fundie community will employ them and house many of them if necessary.

I do wonder how long Jill and Derrick will be allowed to stay in the big house if Josh returns there with his larger family. Jim Bob will probably suggest they move as a service to God and a show of true forgiveness. That's how sick they are...it wouldn't surprise me.

I thought Josh had his own house in Arkansas now. Though I believe it needs a lot of work.

I thought Josh had his own house in Arkansas now. Though I believe it needs a lot of work.

Well, he and his siblings certainly have a lot of free time on their hands now.

He did buy a 5 bedroom house that needs work. Supposedly so he could have a place to stay when he visited the family, although some have suggested maybe he was thinking of maintaining a base for a future political run. For all we know the house is now habitable or will be shortly.

One silver lining of all of this is the fact that Josh Duggar will never hold political office in Arkansas or anywhere else in the US.

TLC posted a picture of the British Royal babies on their Facebook page this morning, with the caption: "Photo Evidence That Prince George Is Already the BEST Big Brother."

Seriously. People are already filling their page with posts about the Duggars and THIS is the statement they choose to make? Who the hell did they put in charge of social media? :wtf:

TLC posted a picture of the British Royal babies on their Facebook page this morning, with the caption: "Photo Evidence That Prince George Is Already the BEST Big Brother."

Seriously. People are already filling their page with posts about the Duggars and THIS is the statement they choose to make? Who the hell did they put in charge of social media? :wtf:

They obviously need to be fired. On the bright side their distraction technique obviously isn't working.

Archived