IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors- Part 3

Coldwinterskies

I have read all of part one and three, but can only access random parts of part two, so forgive me if this has already been asked.

What do you guys think the response would have been if Josh was caught fondling his brothers/visiting boys instead of the girls? Would a brother have been seen as tempting/defrauding him, or would the blame have been put on Josh for his evil gay desires?

Given how they imply GLBT+ to be a choice and how vehemently they go after anything that's pro-GLBT+, probably the latter.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have read all of part one and three, but can only access random parts of part two, so forgive me if this has already been asked.

What do you guys think the response would have been if Josh was caught fondling his brothers/visiting boys instead of the girls? Would a brother have been seen as tempting/defrauding him, or would the blame have been put on Josh for his evil gay desires?

You raise a really great point, Inthemadhouse. I hadn't thought about that. I have no idea what Josh and his brothers would have been told if he had done this to them. I'd love to see what others think of this!

I used the comment form on the Seewald's website to send this.

If we flood the girls with support we might finally free one of them.

That's what I'm hoping. I've been telling myself that the silver lining in this could be that the girls will see lots of support heading their way and maybe use it to get out.

I tried to read every page to catch up, but I know I missed a few points here and there. I am wondering why some people are speculating that it was Joy rather than Jill being a victim? Is this conclusion coming from the blog (link was posted) where Alice was commented or somewhere else?

I highly doubt that any of the 4 Duggar girls would have requested the information & made it public, since they knew they'd be drug through the mud again. It sounds like Smugs was trying to get his record expunged (which would make sense after 10 years if he wanted to run for office) and in the process the first girl possibly brought it to light.

In any event I am glad that Josh is getting the smack down on his sanctimonious ass as well as his parents. I am am saddened that it happened at the expense of having his sisters outed as being his victims.

If I understand correctly, one of the girls interviewed said she wasn't molested and that she was going for her GED. In addition, it appears one girl was on Josh's lap either reading a book or being read to when Josh touched her.

Given how they imply GLBT+ to be a choice and how vehemently they go after anything that's pro-GLBT+, probably the latter.

They used the term "Jane Doe 1" today while reporting the police report was destroyed...

I have to give Fox News credit. In their story, they are reporting that Josh molested four of his siblings and another victim. And we know how fundies love Fox.

They're all claiming that fox has turned into liberal media.

Fundies will do anything to deny or excuse any type of sexual abuse perpetrate by "godly" people.

They're all claiming that fox has turned into liberal media.

Fundies will do anything to deny or excuse any type of sexual abuse perpetrate by "godly" people.

I know, right? What's particularly galling for me is that white fundegelicals are the demographic that tend to support the most punitive punishments, from capital punishment to mandatory sentencing, especially if the accused is black or Hispanic, but when one of their own does something wrong, suddenly they're all about forgiveness and not going to the police. So much for "personal responsibility." :roll: :music-tool: :penguin-no:

I am still heartbroken for the girls

it's all over the news

I say send the seewalds and the dillards endless support for the girls

I am so glad it's off the air

I really hope that the girls stay away from the house

my mother said she was not surprised

Lurker turned poster.

A thought struck me in the craziness of yesterday. Something that always struck me as odd during one of the first specials. If I'm remembering timing correctly, this could correlate to the abuse. Before they moved into the TTH, they showed the kids watching their previous home being demolished. I remember thinking how weird that seemed and was probably scary/traumatic for young kids to watch their home be destroyed. Now I wonder if this was a symbolic gesture for the Duggars-bad things happened in this house but it is gone just like Josh's bad choices. Warped enough logic for the Duggars.

On another note, I wonder if this coming out could drive a wedge between the older girls. They've been conditioned to forgive and been taught that Josh is a good man. I can see Jessa and Jill's thinking changing (hopefully) with the help of their in laws and husbands. The girls at home I can see not understanding what the big deal is and even being upset if Jessa and Jill change their thinking about this whole situation.

Where I am - okay, well, first of all, where I am, such a report NEVER would have been released for public consumption, for any reason. But where I am, you can request a report and you will receive your own information. The personal information of anyone else in the report will be redacted, UNLESS that person consents. If whoever's requesting the report wants all the info, the FOI director has to obtain consent of the others in the report. So it is possible that they contacted the Duggars mentioned in the report to try and obtain their consent. But I doubt it - they don't seem to have required their consent. There's obviously no way Jim Bob and Michelle consented to their information being released here.

Also, the report was printed out on Tuesday. Apparently the application to destroy the records was also made on Tuesday. Someone either tipped them off, or they were notified that the report was being released, or something.

One other thing: there's no way that whoever released this report did it in secret, unless it's someone so high up in the department that they're above scrutiny. They will know exactly who was logged in, who was accessing that report, and who printed it off. So if someone did this and they weren't supposed to, they're in big trouble.

When I read that the motion to destroy the documents happened the same day it was printed, I started wondering if maybe it's proof of my suspicions that all the girls were in on it. And with Josh's comment about Jessa being unable to keep a secret, I started wondering if they had warned the family.

I couldn't imagine anyone just happening to find this, especially with the difficulty news outlets were having in obtaining the record. And, since the motion to destroy the file happened so swiftly after, I have to imagine that Joy was prepared to do it and knew how to do it at the same time the papers were being printed.

I also can't imagine anyone other than Josh or the victims being able to access the records (again because of how hard a time news outlets had doing so). Plus, I can't imagine anyone of the brothers or husbands doing this without permission from the girls because that would be a huge breech of trust.

I expect that Jill and Jessa, now out of the house and away from the shame and secrets, realized what they and their sisters had been denied all those years. I imagine that they wanted to share that freedom with their sisters. The only way to effectively free their sisters without each sister having to wait till marriage is to make this problem visible. The Duggars are going to be under a microscope, especially in their treatment of their daughters, and they're going to do damage control. The best way to control the damage would be to get the oldest girls out of the house and to keep Josh away from the house. If they fail to do either, they'll never recover, even among their fundie friends. And, it's quite possible that CPS would get involved now if they don't see some sort of change. The words spoken by the 4 who came out with statements should be a huge red flag for CPS. Especially with the redacted police report available for the public to see.

Ok, I'm not sure why I lost half of my post. What I meant to continue with was that if Josh were found to be touching boys instead of girls, I'm willing to bet everything I own that we wouldn't be hearing quite so many coos of "Oh, he was just a kid himself" or "He asked to be forgiven and was". More likely the chanting would sound more like "Kill the gay".

I tried to read every page to catch up, but I know I missed a few points here and there. I am wondering why some people are speculating that it was Joy rather than Jill being a victim? Is this conclusion coming from the blog (link was posted) where Alice was commented or somewhere else?

I highly doubt that any of the 4 Duggar girls would have requested the information & made it public, since they knew they'd be drug through the mud again. It sounds like Smugs was trying to get his record expunged (which would make sense after 10 years if he wanted to run for office) and in the process the first girl possibly brought it to light.

In any event I am glad that Josh is getting the smack down on his sanctimonious ass as well as his parents. I am am saddened that it happened at the expense of having his sisters outed as being his victims.

In the police report, one of the girls (who was working on getting a GED) is the only one of the 5 sisters to say she wasn't fondled. Process of elimination says that that could have only been Jana (in my eyes the most likely) and Jill. That means Jessa, Jinger, and Joy were all abused. And Joy was likely the one who was fondled while he read her a story.

Who's to say he didn't molest any brothers? The admissions in the police report were whitewashed at best.

Scanning some literature on child molesters, it seems a nearly even chance of a molester having been molested himself as a child. Also significant chances of other sexually deviant behavior including voyeurism and exhibitionism. Gee, we don't know any Duggar exhibitionists, do we?

This story is stirring up so many feelings I thought I had buried. First and foremost, I feel so bad for the victims. Their story was released in a way that wasn't under their control, and it blew up spectacularly, and they are having to deal with unwanted attention about a very painful time in their lives. They are being re-victimized, over and over, when people read reports about their private stories and publicly speculate on whose genitals were touched and who was "spared". It's definitely got to feel like "everyone KNOWS when they look at me" combined with "I did not wish to share this. I feel violated. Again."

As a survivor myself, honestly, if for some reason my brother's crimes were suddenly posted on the internet and mainstream media, and I had to deal with a flood of people supporting him AND deal with well-meaning strangers trying to offer me support, when they were not people I knew or had chosen to share my story with, I would be at serious risk for self-harm. I hope that Josh's victims are able to get appropriate, therapeutic support (and avoid the comment sections! never read the comments!) to help them through this time.

Lurker turned poster.

A thought struck me in the craziness of yesterday. Something that always struck me as odd during one of the first specials. If I'm remembering timing correctly, this could correlate to the abuse. Before they moved into the TTH, they showed the kids watching their previous home being demolished. I remember thinking how weird that seemed and was probably scary/traumatic for young kids to watch their home be destroyed. Now I wonder if this was a symbolic gesture for the Duggars-bad things happened in this house but it is gone just like Josh's bad choices. Warped enough logic for the Duggars.

On another note, I wonder if this coming out could drive a wedge between the older girls. They've been conditioned to forgive and been taught that Josh is a good man. I can see Jessa and Jill's thinking changing (hopefully) with the help of their in laws and husbands. The girls at home I can see not understanding what the big deal is and even being upset if Jessa and Jill change their thinking about this whole situation.

It was destroyed because the person/company that bought the property had it destroyed. I doubt the parents were making it symbolic. Especially since Josh continued to live with the family for years before marrying Anna.

Huckabee is defending him saying he was just a teenager without the maturity to make wise decisions or know right from wrong. :music-tool: Isn't he a conservative Republican? You know, the group that thinks its ok to charge 14 year olds who commit murder as adults because they knew what they were doing and should be punished as such. I guess the children of evangelicals are super special little snowflakes that get a pass on incest and child molestation while the children of other lesser people have to be punished to the full extent of adult law. Josh should be on the sexual offender database and should have had to live away from his victims. He sure as hell shouldn't be left alone with children (his own or anyone else's).

It's nice to see how little Jim Bob and Michelle care about their daughters. They forced those girls to live with their abuser. Just reinforces my view that they are terrible parents.

If I understand correctly, one of the girls interviewed said she wasn't molested and that she was going for her GED. In addition, it appears one girl was on Josh's lap either reading a book or being read to when Josh touched her.

Thank you. I have read so much in such a short time about this all the theories, speculations, & news have run together. I feel like I'd be less brainwrecked to read Dostoyevsky in Russian than what I just did in the last few hours catching up here. :lol:

I had a dream last night where I was trying to help the girls.. This breaks my heart for them. I cannot think of a less supportive environment to be in during this situation. Thankful that Jill and Jessa have their husbands but I hate that Jana, Jinger, and Joy are stuck at TTH in the midst of this. Maybe the girls are all together at someone's house?

I thought I'd read it all concerning this mess, but boy was I wrong. I just read a post on TLC's FB page from a lady "proudly"proclaiming that she was molested by her brother when she was young and she was able to get over it with prayer and forgiveness and by God, if she can, everybody else should be able to. Oh, and by the way, her brother is such a godly upstanding man now and a wonderful father to his kids. I don't even where to begin with that. I wish I would've screen capped. I can't find it now.

So I think the biggest thing I am having trouble with is how JB and Michelle could have possibly been anything but repulsed by Josh. Or how Josh could have touched children the way he did.

I've been a nanny for 10.5 years. None of those children are my own. But if any single one of them was abused in any way, shit would go down. And I wouldn't spare the perpetrator just because he or she was a child I took care of. I can't imagine that that feeling of needing to protect a child in your care would go away just because you gave birth to the victim and the abuser. Hell, I imagine the feeling of needing to protect the child would be even stronger if you had given birth to the child.

And now I've just had such a terribly sad thought. We all know that Jill claimed Jenny as soon as Michelle found out she was having a girl. Jill assigned herself the duty of protecting Jenny before Jenny was even born. Jill made that decision knowing that Michelle wouldn't.

I'm so incredibly sick of this "he was just a kid" crap.

Normal teenage boys do not do the things Josh did to his sisters - one apparently only 4 or 5 at the time. There has never been any talk of John or Joe doing any such thing to their sisters, so we can't dump it all on fundyism or the household. Something is very wrong with Josh. He may well be a sociopath.

I have a 13 1/2 year old son. I can't imagine him doing such a thing to little girls. But if heaven forbid something did happen, I would immediately get him - and the victims - the best treatment I possibly could.

Nothing good can come of the way Jim Bob and Michelle handled this. Not for Josh and certainly not for their daughters. And the boys will be boys shit is another reminder of the right wing's embrace of rape culture. Another election cycle, and here we go again.

I thought I'd read it all concerning this mess, but boy was I wrong. I just read a post on TLC's FB page from a lady "proudly"proclaiming that she was molested by her brother when she was young and she was able to get over it with prayer and forgiveness and by God, if she can, everybody else should be able to. Oh, and by the way, her brother is such a godly upstanding man now and a wonderful father to his kids. I don't even where to begin with that. I wish I would've screen capped. I can't find it now.

Load all the comments and I do CTRL+F on Google Chrome which is "Find." Type in the wording and look at the matches to find it.

Jane Doe Victim 1 actually referring to the polic report, or could they just have picked a random number?

If it isn't random, then Joy wasn't the one to destroy the report. The name of the first victim is quite short.

Do you all remember a few months ago how Mr. Seewald was unhappy about how Jim Bob was treating Ben? I sorta got the vibe that the Seewalds more or less merely tolerate the Duggars. Did you all notice that the rumor was confirmed once Bin graduated? I mean Bin is not the brightest crayon in the box but he really does love Jessa. Another thing that he may have been raised on is that secrets are ok to tell if they would cause harm. Do you all think Ben told his dad? Idk in other news its past my bed time. On a more coherent note thank God the media is starting to pick up on the ATI trail. Now again media if you reading along ATI search blanket training, Vision Forum, covenant marriage, and quiverfull.

I saw a post saying that people should be more understanding of Josh because his sisters are so hot. :ew: I probably shouldn't be, but I'm just astounded at how many people are actually defending a child molester.

Archived