IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors- Part 3

Coldwinterskies

I posted on the girl's instagrams, Jill and Jessa but I also posted on their husband's as well. This is what I posted on Derick's and Ben's was the same just names changed where needed.

On Ben's I posted on the picture of Jessa. The comments there were either telling him to go kick Josh's ass or to move his wife and unborn child far away from the Duggars. For all of Ben's faults at least the people who follow him on Instagram are placing the blame right where it needs to be. Do I think Ben should go kick Josh's ass? No, it would solve anything. Would I blame Ben if he went to kick Josh's ass? Absolutely not.

It's hard not to wonder how Derick and Ben are taking this. The girls may have "forgiven" at a young age just for self preservation, in an attempt to move on, because it was so painful. But Derick and Ben love their wives and it's hard to imagine them taking the "Jesus forgave, so get over it!" mindset too seriously. How are Derick or Ben supposed to sit next to Josh at Christmas dinner and pretend everything's A-OK when he groped their wives and then has the nerve to say he "had to stop molesting them" because "it would have ruined my life" in his statement?

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really quiet on the Duggar front today (no instas or anything...) I really want to see what they put out there next...

Cousin Famy issued a statement to Radar that she has no comment. Way to stay relevant, Famy!

But the middle and younger kids have grown up entirely on camera, and know of no other lifestyle. The show is their reality If nothing else, they will notice that the camera crews aren't coming around anymore and they aren't being interviewed anymore. While the little girls may be content to be oblivious about the details surrounding their new normal, most of the howlers are teenagers now and will ask questions about why the show has ended. No amount of media blackout can change the fact that the Duggars' lives have fundamentally changed with the ending of their show/"ministry."

Also, it's not like they can hide the kids in the house forever. Maybe they can avoid to go shopping with them for a while, so they don't see any headlines regarding their family. But they will eventually hear what happend, whether it's from other people, overhearing some family conversations or reading about it when they get some unsupervised access to the internet.

By now, whole America knows about the scandal, they won't be able to hide it from their children.

I posted on the girl's instagrams, Jill and Jessa but I also posted on their husband's as well. This is what I posted on Derick's and Ben's was the same just names changed where needed.

On Ben's I posted on the picture of Jessa. The comments there were either telling him to go kick Josh's ass or to move his wife and unborn child far away from the Duggars. For all of Ben's faults at least the people who follow him on Instagram are placing the blame right where it needs to be. Do I think Ben should go kick Josh's ass? No, it would solve anything. Would I blame Ben if he went to kick Josh's ass? Absolutely not.

If I were Ben or Derick, I would be adding JB to the list of ass-kicking as well. Frankly, JB's been on my mental slap show list for a long time.

Also, it's not like they can hide the kids in the house forever. Maybe they can avoid to go shopping with them for a while, so they don't see any headlines regarding their family. But they will eventually hear what happend, whether it's from other people, overhearing some family conversations or reading about it when they get some unsupervised access to the internet.

By now, whole America knows about the scandal, they won't be able to hide it from their children.

I certainly don't think they can hide it but they will not hear about everything with the same intensity as the average American child (to a degree) or teenager. Remember when they met Dolly and had no idea who she was?

Jeesh~ another random thought. (I really need to stop thinking about this family.) At some point the little girls are going to find out what happened. Not only will it be there big brother but it will be Kenzie's Daddy that hurt their big sisters- the young ladies who are instrumental in raising them. This whole situation is horrible from every possible angle. The whole thing makes me sick.

You know, I was shocked when Jessa chose a non-white wedding dress. Don't get me wrong; I love nontraditional wedding colors and dresses, and the dress was lovely and fit her beautifully. At the time, I thought the blush color was an FU to her parents... now I wonder if she felt "unworthy" to wear a white. If so, how very sad.

Just a few thoughts on this staggering news: First, I always thought that Josh was married off VERY quickly. At the time I thought it was because Jim-Idiot and the Dairy Queen saw that he was "hormonally challenged" and needed an outlet. Now I realize that that was all too true, and they were trying to get him out of the house and away from his sisters. Too bad poor Anna ended up being his "outlet."

Second, I've always wondered how this family handled teenage sexuality. My own experience of adolescent sexuality is that it is VERY powerful. It can't just be sublimated or driven away by praying. It won't be denied. That's why it is so sick and ridiculous not to allow the children any normal friendships or girlfriend/boyfriend relationships.

Third, Josh may not have been molested himself. I think he may have been a victim of his parents' repeated acting-out of their own sex life. I have been repulsed by the ways in which they push their sexual relationship into their children's faces. There's a nanny-nanny-poo-poo attitude about it that is revolting. What the children--some of them, anyway--may pick up is that there is something enticing about sex--and that it's ok for males to impose themselves on females. Or, they may just pick up on the general sexualization of the household that Jim-Stupid and J'Uterus create.

Fourth, I've wondered why Josh has been looking SO awful lately. He has gained a lot of weight, and looks 15 years older than his real age. I wonder if he knew that the revelation of his teenage activities was about to hit the media.

I've been thinking about how much the girls talked honestly amongst themselves. When the doors closed at night could they ever talk about what happened? or did they have to pretend the whole thing never happened? Could they be honest about their feelings for Josh or did they have to stay sweet even in front of each other?

In other words I'm wondering if they got any consolation at all, any validation? I know their parents probably clamped down on any "negative talk" but I really hope that some victim to victim sympathizing took place.

I've been thinking about how much the girls talked honestly amongst themselves. When the doors closed at night could they ever talk about what happened? or did they have to pretend the whole thing never happened? Could they be honest about their feelings for Josh or did they have to stay sweet even in front of each other?

In other words I'm wondering if they got any consolation at all, any validation? I know their parents probably clamped down on any "negative talk" but I really hope that some victim to victim sympathizing took place.

I think they did have eachother. Jinger's comments about how Jessa has been by her side through all that she's been through suggest that they did have eachother for support. Im glad they had eachother to talk to.

So there's I believe in joshduggar and I stand with the Duggars hashtags. This us why christians are one of the worse religions to be a part of. Excusing people's actions.

I can't get over the supporters. I commented in the Mike Huckabee thing on one comment thread with the police report. That was an hour ago, no one has commented since. I guess a police report makes it hard to defend.

I want to get on Jill and Jessa pages and tell them that we, people who support them, are out there. That nothing they did or didn't do caused this.

Josh is still pissed at those two for whatever reason. The comment about Jill being a tattle tale I put off to jealously over Jill's house. Now it appears to be more. Then the comment to Jessa about not being able to keep a secret. UGH! You smug asshole, you are mad at your victims for whatever role they played in you getting caught. Really?!?!

This is such an obvious sign that he is not truly sorry and repented and whatever else he said in his statement that the defenders are eating up. If he was actually remorseful he would not speak to them/about them in this way.

I just get sicker and sicker the more I think back on the episodes. The tattletale comments, jealously over Jill getting the big house, Josh being led by TLC to give wedding day (aka sex day) advice to his sisters, all of it. Just disgusting.

Earlier I was thinking it would be tempting to make a banner saying those types of things to hold up in front of the TTH.

I think they did have eachother. Jinger's comments about how Jessa has been by her side through all that she's been through suggest that they did have eachother for support. Im glad they had eachother to talk to.

Yeah I think so too. I remember when Jinger said that I naively thought.....they're so sheltered, what could they possibly have gone through so horrible....now we know. :(

Let's see, Gil Bates was aware that there were decades of accusations about Bill Gothard molesting the teen girls he chose to travel with him well before it became public knowledge. He then tried his best to keep it a secret and sent his own daughters off to travel with Gothard. Why does anyone think this man has high moral when it comes to protecting not only his daughters, but other at risk teen girls from being molested?

Gil and Kelly used methods to raise their children that are dangerous and abusive. They sent their kids off with a guy they knew was rumored to molest teen girls. They helped protect this guy. Kelly can't even be bothered to know her children well enough to list their names. And they have cameras mounted all over their house to spy on their kids. Don't be fooled by their cutesy wholesome show. Those parents aren't nice people because nice people don't protect men who molest teens.

I imagine that their reaction at this moment is not any concern for victims but concern that people are going to start looking too deeply at who Gil Bates has been hanging out with and protecting.

They also have a portrait of a founding member or president of the KKK hanging in their dining room. The Bates seem like much nicer people, but looks are deceiving.

More thoughts: I always thought Smuggar was surprisingly isolated from his siblings. He never seemed to have the close connections that the rest of them had. For example, Jinger seemed to be quite fond of Joseph (whom I never thought was particularly lovable); Jana has a connection with JD; oldest girls have various alliances; JoyAnna used to be quite close to Josiah, and so on. But who was Smuggar connected to? MAYBE Josiah, as some people have suggested, but I never saw much evidence of it.

Also, I told my husband about the news about Smuggar, and even though he hasn't read or seen as much about the Duggars as I have, he immediately said, "They'll find a way to make money from all this."

I really hope he's wrong. I've always resented the fact that the Duggars have been able to make themselves so rich solely based on their reproductive abilities and their bigotry. Especially when I know other families, who are genuinely good people, struggling.

Maybe Jinger and Jessa discussed the topic with Ben one of the times when Jinger was their "accountability partner." Based on Ben's reaction to Jinger's speech, he knew before he and Jessa were married and had a chance to talk together alone.

Of course he admitted to it!! The proof was out in black & white! There was no denying it! He had no choice! Pig. I've never liked JB or Josh, they both give me a creepy vibe. This explains so much.

So there's I believe in joshduggar and I stand with the Duggars hashtags.

What does "I Believe in Josh Duggar" even mean? Josh ADMITTED his guilt. Granted, he did it in the weaselly way a narcissist would, but he's not claiming to be innocent. What exactly do these idiots "believe in"?

Finally posting for the first time ever though I have been reading first on TWOP and then foreigner since about 2008. I remember 'sin in the camp' way back in 2009 as a rumour. I'm an intermittent follower- whenever I'm stressed I kick into the Duggars (though I regularly read about Zsu and a few others) but only a few weeks ago with law school exams looming I found myself back on freejinger catching up on everything ... I read the thread about Duggar rumours only a week ago with people agreeing Sin in the Camp was a rumour with no real proof. I read the Anna breakdown thread and rewatched episodes and concluded for myself Anna is dumb, Josh is smug but they are harmless and love their children. I saw the in touch rumour thread on thursday (australian time) and thought to my torts class and thought if it's not true I really hope Josh sues for defamation.

Then I went to sleep and woke up friday and the police report was out and I could never have imagined any of this.

I have always held the Duggars in contempt, I'm a left wing feminist atheist law student in between Jill and Jessa in age. I looked at them and the lack of education, the babies, the horrible values and felt angry and contemptuous. But I never imagined this.

I feel sleazy for having ever followed them at all, given that Jim Bob and Michelle whored out their abused daughters, turned abuse victims into celebrities. It makes me feel sick.

I guess I am struggling with my feelings about all this as much as you guys are, and wanted to reach out and try and communicate it to people who understand. I knew they were hypocrites, I never could have imagined this.

I see Josh as a victim too. Not of sexual abuse, but of his parents. This is what happens again and again when you raise people in a hyper sexual environment where the slightest physical touch is forbidden. Josh is a victim because he never got the help he should have done after it happened, but I doubt the girls ever got any help at all.

I just feel sick about the whole thing.

This is such an obvious sign that he is not truly sorry and repented and whatever else he said in his statement that the defenders are eating up. If he was actually remorseful he would not speak to them/about them in this way.

I just get sicker and sicker the more I think back on the episodes. The tattletale comments, jealously over Jill getting the big house, Josh being led by TLC to give wedding day (aka sex day) advice to his sisters, all of it. Just disgusting.

The pedophile beard totally makes sense now too.

Just a few thoughts on this staggering news: First, I always thought that Josh was married off VERY quickly. At the time I thought it was because Jim-Idiot and the Dairy Queen saw that he was "hormonally challenged" and needed an outlet. Now I realize that that was all too true, and they were trying to get him out of the house and away from his sisters. Too bad poor Anna ended up being his "outlet."

Second, I've always wondered how this family handled teenage sexuality. My own experience of adolescent sexuality is that it is VERY powerful. It can't just be sublimated or driven away by praying. It won't be denied. That's why it is so sick and ridiculous not to allow the children any normal friendships or girlfriend/boyfriend relationships.

Third, Josh may not have been molested himself. I think he may have been a victim of his parents' repeated acting-out of their own sex life. I have been repulsed by the ways in which they push their sexual relationship into their children's faces. There's a nanny-nanny-poo-poo attitude about it that is revolting. What the children--some of them, anyway--may pick up is that there is something enticing about sex--and that it's ok for males to impose themselves on females. Or, they may just pick up on the general sexualization of the household that Jim-Stupid and J'Uterus create.

Fourth, I've wondered why Josh has been looking SO awful lately. He has gained a lot of weight, and looks 15 years older than his real age. I wonder if he knew that the revelation of his teenage activities was about to hit the media.

I have been thinking about Josh's obvious unhappiness the last year or more also. I think most of us have noticed it.

It occurred to me that MacKynzie is now the same age as one of the sisters that he abused, according to the police reports. Maybe this is causing him increasing shame, as it seems he received no relevant therapy.

Or, on a more sinister note, maybe he is now noticing stirrings that he thought were gone.

A few pages back someone posted an archived link to Josh and Anna's now defunct family blog. I read through their "How We Met" section and found this revolting passage:

http://i.imgur.com/We1QReE.png

I'll repost the link to the archived site as well for anyone who missed it the first time as well.

https://archive.is/GkWhF#selection-297.1-297.707

I am just so torn up for the girls. I'm the same age as Jana and there's no way I could ever understand what they're going through, but to have had this horror happen to you and your sisters and have no support from your parents...damn. I just hope they can get whatever support they need. It's heartbreaking and then infuriating to see so many people defending Josh, Jim Boob, and Michelle.

When the girls came back to the TTH when the family was in Little Rock with Josie wasn't there something about the girls not being allowed to stay home with JD and Joe. Were they sent to Josh and Anna's house?

I've been thinking about writing on Jill & Jessa's pages too.. but what would you say? "Sorry your brother molested you."? "Sorry your family doesn't give two fucks about your feelings in this situation"? I feel like it's picking a scab for them...

I sincerely do support the girls through this and they deserve to know they have a lot of support. There just isn't a nice way to do that without sounding insincere online. =/

Thinking about you and your sisters at this difficult time? Or something along those lines...

Archived