IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors- Part 3

Coldwinterskies

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord. I'm also a parent and JB&M LET THE KIDS fall prey to him more than once. If it had happened and they kept him away, got him therapy and got the girls therapy they would have done their job. But they fucked it up, let him back in the house and gave him more opportunities to harm more children. That isn't doing the best they can, that's doing bare minimum and even screwing that up. Parents can make mistakes, but with something this serious, they should have done everything they could to make it impossible to happen again. But it did, if I'm understanding that police report correctly, they knew after the first time and it happened 4 more times!?

The pedophile beard totally makes sense now too.

OK, This statement is just downright dumb. I don't even see the snark in it.

Jeebus.

You know what? Im sure Pa Keller has heard a looooot of "Im sorry, please forgive me" from his prison inmates. You know that serial rapist who murdered his victims execution style? He asked for forgiveness, he must be cleansed of his sins and is healed now. Set him free!

/end sarcasm.

I'm so done with leghumpers.

What exactly were Jim Bob and Michelle's "heart and intentions" back when these interviews occurred, I wonder? Seems a lot more along the lines of "how can we make this go away and pretend like it never happened" than "let's make sure our daughters are OK by any means possible." If we're judging on intentions alone, I'm not sure the Duggars are getting very good marks.

Forgiveness is one thing. Fine, forgive Josh. But forgiveness doesn't fix the fact that something drove him to molest children at a young age, and that he did it multiple times WITH his parents knowing of his actions in between. Forgiveness doesn't "fix" the problem. You could FORGIVE someone who murdered your friend. That doesn't mean you don't think they should go to prison. You could forgive your drug addict brother who stole from you. But that doesn't mean you'll leave him alone in your house with your wallet on the kitchen counter.

It is so like the Duggars. It makes you understand how they actually believe that you can just "decide not to be gay." And trans people should just "stop dressing like the opposite gender." All Josh had to do was "decide he was better" and then, poof! Jesus forgives and all of his victims are expected to GET OVER IT because Jesus said to forgive. Never mind that Jesus proooobably never would have left a bunch of defenseless young girls in a house, 24/7, with someone who molested them...

edited because I in NO WAY want to suggest that I think being gay or transgender is equated with being a child molester - just trying to draw a comparison to show how flawed their logic is and how it's just a convenient excuse to not be held responsible for their actions.

I'm so done with leghumpers.

At the moment it is very difficult to know what to do.

JB and Michelle never know what to do.

How can everyone with a brain expect an adequate response from JB an M to their fondling 14 year old?

They both are so exceedingly stupid.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Mullet made the girls apologize to Josh for tempting him. After she made Jana give her jewerly box to Jessa, it sound like something she would do.

At this point, I've given up on trying to get caught up on the posts and timeline before posting. For the first time ever, it may not be possible - the threads are simply moving too quickly.

I'm heartbroken for the victims involved here. We may never know if Josh was capable of being counseled or rehabilitated after the atrocities he committed against his sisters and his other victim, but the most devastating part of this whole tragic story is the simple fact that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar never got any of their children any real help. They thought it was better to send Josh away to do construction work temporarily rather than address the real problems involving Josh's actions.

Meanwhile, the fear remained. They never completely trusted Josh again. He was given his own room and kept away from the girls. All of the boys were made to sleep outside in the bus when company came over. How on earth could the Duggar parents reconcile the fact that they had done nothing to fix the problem with their idiotic and simpleminded ideology that enough prayer will cure any hardship?

All of them deserved better than this. Josh needed to have his issues addressed by qualified professionals in the interest of getting help and stopping the cycle of abuse. The girls needed therapy, and most of all to be loved and valued for who they are as individuals, who have suffered and are in pain from this abuse - not treated as being less than the sum of their reproductive organs, as their parents have claimed for so many years.

What Josh has done is horrific, and those poor young women have had to suffer with it for so long. But it didn't need to end like this. Michelle and Jim Bob chose. They chose to cover their son's sins and refused to address the needs of any of their children. They chose to follow the edicts of a molester who led their cult, and in turn perpetuated similar crimes against their own children by not getting Josh the help he needed and keeping him away from them. Repression and deceit, rather than truth and healing. I hope both of them suffer the full consequences of their actions. I hope the money stops coming in, and they are discredited forevermore.

Neither of these people deserves to have any children of their own.

I posted on the girl's instagrams, Jill and Jessa but I also posted on their husband's as well. This is what I posted on Derick's and Ben's was the same just names changed where needed.

On Ben's I posted on the picture of Jessa. The comments there were either telling him to go kick Josh's ass or to move his wife and unborn child far away from the Duggars. For all of Ben's faults at least the people who follow him on Instagram are placing the blame right where it needs to be. Do I think Ben should go kick Josh's ass? No, it would solve anything. Would I blame Ben if he went to kick Josh's ass? Absolutely not.

This is good. Thinking of posting to Cathy's instagram as well (i don't know if the Seewald in-laws have instagrams).

ETA: Saw your comments so I posted the following (changing names where needed):

Derick please let Jill and the rest of her sisters know that they are in no way responsible for what happened. The girls need to know that they are no way at fault and that there is a large community that supports them. Make sure they know that they are worthy of anything they want in life. Please look out for and support not only Jill, but Jana, Jinger, Jessa, and Joy-Anna.

A few pages back someone posted an archived link to Josh and Anna's now defunct family blog. I read through their "How We Met" section and found this revolting passage:

http://i.imgur.com/We1QReE.png

I'll repost the link to the archived site as well for anyone who missed it the first time as well.

https://archive.is/GkWhF#selection-297.1-297.707

I am just so torn up for the girls. I'm the same age as Jana and there's no way I could ever understand what they're going through, but to have had this horror happen to you and your sisters and have no support from your parents...damn. I just hope they can get whatever support they need. It's heartbreaking and then infuriating to see so many people defending Josh, Jim Boob, and Michelle.

Oh thanks religion for helping to give Josh the molester a clear conscience, just because he told "god" about it. What about maybe clearing your conscience by figuring out why you did it, seeking therapy, forgiveness from your victims, and being a better person???

A few things I've noticed...

1) God almighty, please tell me the Duggar parents did not talk one of their daughters into having the documents destroyed so that no names were given. It's not going to help matters, but may Michelle and Jim Bob both burn in hell if they do ANYTHING to try and convince their already-victimized daughters to further protect Josh.

2) Something VelociRapture said earlier in summarizing the police report stood out for me. One of the girls, when questioned on being beaten with a rod, claimed that “the bruises were almost all gone.†So these poor children were being savagely beaten on a regular basis, severely enough to cause bruises? My god. :'(

3) John David doesn't really strike me as the type to strike such a decisive deathblow against the show. Sure, he may have had access to the resources needed to throw Josh under the bus, but why not do it sooner? He has seemed unhappy on the show for awhile now, but I just don't think it was him.

4) I also don't believe it was Ben or Derick. Ben's too dumb, and both have just acted too thrilled to be drinking the kool-aid here lately (much to my disgust, I had hoped for better with Derick). Plus, there's the monetary aspect involved.

5) Anyone ever see the movie 'Citizen Ruth'? I can't help but be forcibly reminded of the moment where Ruth's mom shows up at the rally to try and get Ruth to keep her baby instead of having an abortion. At one point they start arguing, and Ruth screams, “Well, at least I don't have to suck your boyfriend's cock anymore!†And her mom replies, “Don't you bring that up again! I been saved!!†The whole defense of and concern for Josh on the part of his family just reminds me of that.

6) I've found several articles online that refuse to directly state that Josh molested his sisters. Is this to protect the interests of the Duggar daughters or Josh's? Anyone who googles the reports can find out directly that four of the victims were Duggar girls.

I was just watching the latest "Digging With the Duggars" episode on youtube, and when Michelle is going on about how she used to mow the lawn in a bikini and that when women stir up desires in men that "can be righteously fulfilled" it's their responsibility, right around 50:30 as she's saying that Jinger looks pained and Jana appears to shake her head as if saying "don't say it." I'm so so so disgusted by all of this. Jim Bob and Michelle are horrible parents, horrible people.

I am a few pages back, but I was thinking today about one of the episodes when Josh and Anna were courting and JD and Jana were their chaperones at a dinner out, and people thought they were on a double date, and I'm pretty sure Josh said something about "Well, it is Arkansas."

How could he even joke about incest????

I hope I am remembering this wrong!!!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Mullet made the girls apologize to Josh for tempting him. After she made Jana give her jewerly box to Jessa, it sound like something she would do.

When I was sexually assaulted at my internship, I was basically told by my bosses it was my fault. As a coping mechanism (because I was afraid for my career) I apologized to my rapist. I felt like I had no other options. They told me I'd never get a job again if I said anything, so the only logical thing I felt like I could do was apologize to him to make it go away. :angry-banghead:

Just.. Based on my experiences I could totally see them forcing the girls to apologize to Josh. They obviously don't take any responsibility or care about what happened to their daughters. It's all just sick. My heart breaks for these girls so much. I just want to hug them and tell them it's all okay.

Has this been noted anywhere?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jos ... d=31238360

"The report was expunged on Thursday at the request of victim "Jane Doe 1," according to Springdale Police Department public information officer Scott Lewis. He added that the request to expunge was filed on Tuesday and that it was processed in a normal amount of time -- two days."

So the request to expunge was filed on Tuesday. They've known all week that this was coming down. I feel for them; what a terrible situation for those girls.

This is good. Thinking of posting to Cathy's instagram as well (i don't know if the Seewald in-laws have instagrams).

Ben's sister Danielle has one, I believe. The Seewald's seem a lot more fundie lite than the Duggars so maybe they would be easier to get through to. If anyone wants a chance at getting a message through, I would go through the Dillards' and the Seewalds' instagrams.

Long time reader, first time posting (and registering). I'm sick over these poor girls and how they've had to hide everything for years. Granted, I can't imagine wanting something like this to come out if I was one of them and had been raised like that, but it's still a brutal secret to hide. I hope JB&M&Smugger get what's coming to them.

Yay for being able to expose the Duggars and families like them who follow Gothard. Facebook friends of mine are posting articles about the scandal and I mention that I dug deeper into them and discovered their true beliefs that aren't seen on TV. Someone asked me to expand on that and I wrote a giant paragraph and directed them to No Longer Quivering and Recovering Grace.

Just doing my part. People need to find out the truth about the Duggars and others like them.

I am a few pages back, but I was thinking today about one of the episodes when Josh and Anna were courting and JD and Jana were their chaperones at a dinner out, and people thought they were on a double date, and I'm pretty sure Josh said something about "Well, it is Arkansas."

How could he even joke about incest????

I hope I am remembering this wrong!!!

Unfortunately you are remembering correctly :(

This story is appearing on the Yahoo homepage:

https://www.yahoo.com/health/the-worst- ... 35172.html

It doesn't hold back, stating that Josh's sisters were among the victims, that JB and Michelle put Josh to work on a construction crew rather than seek real therapy, and that they waited to report the crime. A spokeswoman for Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) quoted in the article says that incest victims are at an increased risk for self-harm activities. I knew this intellectually, but I wonder how Jana and Jinger are coping with all this out in the open and stuck at home with their horrible enabling parents.

I have to give Fox News credit. In their story, they are reporting that Josh molested four of his siblings and another victim. And we know how fundies love Fox.

Unfortunately you are remembering correctly :(

I remember it being John David as the one who said it.

Either way, he surely knew what happened as well. Very sick joke under the circumstances.

I have to give Fox News credit. In their story, they are reporting that Josh molested four of his siblings and another victim. And we know how fundies love Fox.

I never thought I'd feel proud of Fox News and how they handle something. But are they victim-blaming?

Archived